Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe Sonny Jim only has half a soul because the real Dougie Jones was a fake person.

Only Janey-E's DNA had the genes for a soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
it's probably absolutely nothing but I just realized that Dougie—who we see represented as a golden ball—is digging everyone around him out of the poo poo.

Like a shovel, he is also inert... he doesn't really do anything... he's just a tool used by forces greater than himself!!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I'm gonna laugh so hard if Nadine + Dr Amp end up as a couple

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tolkien minority posted:

I'm gonna laugh so hard if Nadine + Dr Amp end up as a couple
It'll be sad if this happens but Big Ed still doesn't end up with Norma. :smith:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raxivace posted:

It'll be sad if this happens but Big Ed still doesn't end up with Norma. :smith:

James is gonna introduce Big Ed to rose-tattoo-actress

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Someone PM me the spoilers. I'm too old to find them on Reddit apparently.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
God, I totally missed Ed's reflection and the same car driving by over and over again, which goes really well with the looping boxing on Sarah's TV. That's blazingly appropriate for a show that's about people stuck in an event, which makes me wonder if the climax is gonna provide catharsis for everyone.

Cromulent posted:

That completely undancable music was hilarious.

I was busting up to that music, it's so amazing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Someone PM me the spoilers. I'm too old to find them on Reddit apparently.

Nah you really don't fuckin want em. And I agree with the earlier poster that we shouldn't discuss that stuff in this thread tbh. I'll just say it's good stuff.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The fact that it was specifically a boxing match on Sarah's TV makes me wonder if we're supposed to connect that to "Battling Bud" and by extension Cooper.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Nah you really don't fuckin want em. And I agree with the earlier poster that we shouldn't discuss that stuff in this thread tbh. I'll just say it's good stuff.

That's why I asked for them to be PM'd to me. To avoid dragging it into the thread. So if you got them, then you can let me know because spoilers don't ruin anything for me.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just caught up with this episode and I just about died when James did his song again.

Was that lip-synced or does he still somehow sound like that? It looked a little off but it's hard to tell with that echo effect.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Raxivace posted:

The fact that it was specifically a boxing match on Sarah's TV makes me wonder if we're supposed to connect that to "Battling Bud" and by extension Cooper.

The first few loops through, I kept trying to hear names and I assumed that Bud would be one of the boxers. Could barely understand the announcer though, even after like 20 repeats.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm just only catching up with last week's episode now, but I hate stuff involving kids. That dude that got shot practically in front of his son :smith:

HOWEVER, Audrey :swoon: :swoon:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Raxivace posted:

The final showdown between Booper and Dougie to save the town of twin peaks will be an arm wrestling match

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Indian arm wrestling maybe

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

hawowanlawow posted:

Indian arm wrestling maybe

Dougie: "Indian.......arm...."

Hawk: "That's it, Dougie, you saved the day!"

*Hawk punches Bad Cooper the gently caress out*

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's why I asked for them to be PM'd to me. To avoid dragging it into the thread. So if you got them, then you can let me know because spoilers don't ruin anything for me.

The places I saw the leaks posted have had all the posts removed/censored, so they're no longer viewable. I've no idea if they were even real or not either because :stare:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The passing cars in the Big Ed scene aren't looping, you can tell if you look at the layout/shape of the lights on each one. I'm not sure what to think about Ed's reflection though, I feel like there's a decent chance it's just an editing mistake.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Eyud posted:

The passing cars in the Big Ed scene aren't looping, you can tell if you look at the layout/shape of the lights on each one. I'm not sure what to think about Ed's reflection though, I feel like there's a decent chance it's just an editing mistake.
But Ed and his non-matching reflection are in the same shot. It's basically impossible for it to be a mistake. Ed squints at it when it doesn't match what he's doing.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Cromulent posted:

But Ed and his non-matching reflection are in the same shot. It's basically impossible for it to be a mistake. Ed squints at it when it doesn't match what he's doing.

Yeeah, that is not an editing mistake. You'd have to have reached some special level of incompetence to accidentally make that happen. :psyduck:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The scene when Tom Sizemore is hiding by his desk on the phone with Mr Todd, are the other people dancing to sped-up music? Did that happen for anyone else? Because it certainly seemed weird as gently caress but maybe intentional to me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

WAIT A SECOND

Is the sound at the beginning of each "loop" of Sarah's TV the same sound that the Giant told Cooper to listen in the first episode? The same one that he said is "in our house now"?

EDIT: Actually listening again I don't think they're the same.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 7, 2017

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Raxivace posted:

She only watches moments of violence - earlier in the series there was a particularly gruesome nature documentary iirc

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Oh god I laughed so hard at the James reveal and song. That was a loving master stroke.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Thank you! Can't wait for the James/Trent duet next episode.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I was also laughing at the James song. Were we supposed to laugh or to take it seriously?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
are there any gifs/youtubes of the reflection fuckery at the end of the episode? totally missed it

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Vikar Jerome posted:

fun thing to further the still in a coma theory, when frank went to visit ben and told him about richard and boy, ben asked about the parents and frank goes "as you can imagine" with a slight emphasis on the "you." i took first as a turn of phrase but it's clearly got a deeper meaning there i think.

I'm pretty sure Ben was referring to the kid's parents there, not Richard's (because their child is dead).

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The scene when Tom Sizemore is hiding by his desk on the phone with Mr Todd, are the other people dancing to sped-up music? Did that happen for anyone else? Because it certainly seemed weird as gently caress but maybe intentional to me.

The music was loving weird, I heard it too.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
screencap of corn. i have no idea how I didn't notice it on first watch it's front and centre. something is very off at that house.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
You sure that's not macaroni and cheese? Individual parts look too big to be corn to me

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
garmacbozia

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
I miss Dale Cooper :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I thought it was popcorn

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I got the blue box pain and sorrow

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

zelah posted:

I got the blue box pain and sorrow

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Sarah Palmer consumes pasta and alcohol

That's gourmet and booze

garmonbozia

The Walrus posted:

something is very off at that house.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I release a torrent of all of Twin Peaks S3. what everyone downloading doesn't know is that I swapped the nine inch nails and james scenes

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I release a torrent of all of Twin Peaks S3. what everyone downloading doesn't know is that I swapped the everything else and james scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I didn't get the impression that Audrey is in a coma, but rather that she has brain damage from the explosion. Something about the childlike way she reacted to Charlie saying he'd finish her story, which I took to mean specifically an actual story like you'd tell a kid before bed.

I think it ties into the larger theme if our inevitable deterioration as humans.