Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It's awesome how me loling at white opioid addicts is killing them lol

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

"that could be changing"

worst news ive gotten today tbh

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i like how

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

safely sodomized posted:

the reality is at the moment that white people are dying significantly more from drug overdoses, that alongside racism is driving the media focus on it.

so yeah, obviously it's receiving a different treatment than the crack epidemic because america is racist af, but dismissing the opiate epidemic because white people :rolleyes: when it is incredibly bad (and is now cutting more and more across race and class lines) is pretty bullshit.

If more rich white Americans die that doesn't seem like it's a bad thing for the no war but class war types.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

assful chaps

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
I'm here to fight you complete idiots with no understanding of technology who think self driving cars are being implemented with "if trees" loudly explaining their own ignorance, come on now, out of the woodwork

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Hodgepodge posted:

hmm, is this a good time to show compassion and present progressive solutions to the problem

nah gonna mainline spite and losing elections

sometimes the best way forward is to continuously fail

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

THATS NOT NOW ANY OF THIS WORKS

:argh:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Everything's fine.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/894651362474176514

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Shageletic posted:

DC is a very dumb and very bad place to live.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

theres always turnover in these government jobs :sad:

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Relevant Tangent posted:

The ability of America to effect lasting change outside her borders is basically gone for a generation. The remaining question is whether we're able to do it inside our borders without sending in troops.

neh, its still there and trump isnt even doing the worst damage to it...although that will change by the time 2020 rolls around. It's just going to take one crisis where the Chinese outmaneuver the US and that shouldn't be too hard with the Idiot King in control of the executive.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Thom and the Heads posted:

"that could be changing"

I don't see why because the chart just says that death is accelerating for everyone

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Zyla posted:

THATS NOT NOW ANY OF THIS WORKS

:argh:

heres how it works :350:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MariusLecter posted:

Lol

nah just makes you a piece of poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

rabble rabble posted:

I'm here to fight you complete idiots with no understanding of technology who think self driving cars are being implemented with "if trees" loudly explaining their own ignorance, come on now, out of the woodwork

self driving cars are a pipedream and are 20-50 years down the road at best and potentially never because :lol: we're all gonna die.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

heres how it works :350:

*dies from nerve agent pesticide*

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

Lol

:same:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

yeah im also v upset at the internet dismissing the many, many politicians calling for a substantial overhaul of the government's drug policy like such as:

Of course the government on a national level isn't doing poo poo and will continue to not do poo poo, no one's even watching our nukes and executive policy is proposed via tweets. But look around your local area and see how people are handling it, and you'll see a lot happening. In Buffalo(Buffalo!) there's movement for safe injection sites, as well as massive funding for addiction clinics and health services that talk about "reducing the stigma."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Agean90 posted:

but enough of that poo poo, let's laugh at white people more

https://twitter.com/RcCanada/status/894617732926152704
it's a mostly hispanic town, actually. but anyways... speaking of white people.

i live not too far from DISH, Texas, which named itself after the DISH network in exchange for free satellite TV.

it was originally named Clarke after the town's founder, who needed a name so his wife said "how about Clarke?" he was eventually toppled and the next mayor then secured the satellite deal and changed the name to DISH.

today DISH is caught between pro- and anti-DISH factions, and the recent mayoral race had the anti-DISH faction run on a slogan of "Back to Clarke, Texas!" nevertheless, the pro-DISH faction won, which is probably for the best because it is the more environmentally-conscious of the two (fracking is a big issue there). also, free satellite TV.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Brother Friendship posted:

neh, its still there and trump isnt even doing the worst damage to it...although that will change by the time 2020 rolls around. It's just going to take one crisis where the Chinese outmaneuver the US and that shouldn't be too hard with the Idiot King in control of the executive.

that's basically what happened with abandoning TPP which was specifically crafted to freeze out Chinese influence in the region I think

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Thom and the Heads posted:

"that could be changing"

death to america is bad news now?! :sad:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

H5N1 posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

it's a mostly hispanic town, actually. but anyways... speaking of white people.

i live not too far from DISH, Texas, which named itself after the DISH network in exchange for free satellite TV.

it was originally named Clarke after the town's founder, who needed a name so his wife said "how about Clarke." he was eventually toppled and the next mayor then secured the satellite deal and changed the name to DISH.

today DISH is caught between pro- and anti-DISH factions, and the recent mayoral race had the anti-DISH faction run on a slogan of "Back to Clarke, Texas!" nevertheless, the pro-DISH faction won, which is probably for the best because it is the more environmentally-conscious of the two (fracking is a big issue there). also, free satellite TV.

wow that's impressively stupid

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He's so loving petty all the time :allears:
https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/894650257925132288

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

rich white musicians are dying to drugs again, so the final bodycount is gonna be staggering, but rather than have a guitar solo playing in the background and a jail cell locking sound, it'll be imagine dragons instrumentals

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Shab posted:

assful chaps

nice joke! You get the Pence Point of the Day!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Grondoth posted:

Of course the government on a national level isn't doing poo poo and will continue to not do poo poo,

oh, word?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Admiral Ray posted:

sometimes the best way forward is to continuously fail

we've got the thinking our poo poo is made of gold and roses down

now we just need to be rich and we can fail into the loving stratosphere right

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

cut police and jail funding by 50% and put that into mental health facilities

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

ArmZ posted:

maybe it's because white people are not targeted for drug enforcement laws :thunk:

I think it's because previously most white people's drug experience was weed, hallucinogens, and uppers. I guess generally experiencing immunity from consequences would play a pretty significant role though.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

because :lol: we're all gonna die.

hahahah implying this was ever in doubt

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

Kayleigh used to submit thinkpieces for this dumb website called Above The Law all the time, and they were all so tremendously stupid. If they're still up I'd suggest finding and reading them

quote:

Moreover, feminists say repeatedly that false rape accusations compose just 2 percent of all rape reports, and yet we are inundated with a slew of high-profile false rape cases: the Duke Lacrosse case, Lena Dunham’s accusations, Rolling Stone’s slanderous allegations against a UVA fraternity, and the Columbia University “mattress case.” The seemingly endless anecdotal accounts of false accusations should prompt even the cursory observer to take a closer look at this “2 percent number” splashed across headlines.

gently caress you data I have ANECTDOTES

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah, word

Turns out Trump is bad?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

anyway I recommend staying in Pittsburgh overnight and seeing a show in one of the many fine theaters

it's first class !

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAWl6YeCN_w

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

it was originally named Clarke after the town's founder, who needed a name so his wife said "how about Clarke?" he was eventually toppled and the next mayor then secured the satellite deal and changed the name to DISH.

Texas confirmed for being cyberpunk af

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
I think if lawmakers listened to a lot more System of a Down poo poo wouldn't be as bad as it is right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

can we ghostwrite glowingly positive books about people in trumps admin that we want fired

• Locked thread