Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

VectorSigma posted:

yeah, but quitting heroin in any fashion is safer than continuing to use heroin

street poo poo, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I got Vicodin on day one, day two I went back and got oxycodone and gabapentin because Vic's didn't do poo poo. Luckily I was 28, caught it early enough and my insurance covered me getting valtrex 3 times a day, so it only lasted about two weeks.

I knew a girl in college, over 10 years ago, and she was like 20 years old and all hosed up with shingles. Like I had never heard of it before and only ever seen old people with it since.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/Buddha6883/status/894701603827200000

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I've been staring at your avatar for what feels like months and just now realized it's morganna :downs:

yeah

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I colored it without knowing what it was from

sure did

It's a sketch a friend did, so its a bit off, it could be cleaned up and be much more recognizable.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

not generally, though there have been cases reported due to dehydration, so be careful :ohdear:

the dt's can kill you

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

:yeah:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

as a person that takes regular daily opioids and has been through several cold withdrawls, drinking withdrawls scare the utter poo poo out of me

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

MysteriousStranger posted:

the dt's can kill you

*adjusts drugnerd glasses*

pretty sure he meant heroin

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Internet posted:

I knew a girl in college, over 10 years ago, and she was like 20 years old and all hosed up with shingles. Like I had never heard of it before and only ever seen old people with it since.

Shingles is a type of herpes, and never goes away. If you've had chicken pox, you can get shingles. It's mostly olds because your immune system keeps it in check when it's still running good.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

dammit we have an emote for this !!!

:ocelot:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

pretty good

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Iron Crowned posted:

Shingles is a type of herpes, and never goes away. If you've had chicken pox, you can get shingles. It's mostly olds because your immune system keeps it in check when it's still running good.

yeah this is why you wait to get chicken pox until you are 25, then you can't get shingles yet!

:unsmith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the dt's can kill you

You gotta follow the right build order against dt's, gently caress protoss

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

lol this thread is heavy today

cos kelly please implode upon reading this

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Over under on Trump tweeting about an anime before he is gone

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah this is why you wait to get chicken pox until you are 25, then you can't get shingles yet!

chicken pox vacccine is real and it is my friend

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

don't think thats how it works!!

when i was 5 or 6 when one kid had it our parents threw a party so that the entire class could get it at once so we'd all have gone thru it so we wouldnt get it later in life where it would be horrific shingles instead

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

This is such fake news. Dude is top to bottom scummy career politician that has been trying to craft his image for years. Probably saying this stuff because he plans to flip to the republicans or something since his state is so MAGA.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Admiral Ray posted:

otoh you wait too long and the pox kills you exhibit a: my uncle :smith:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

the dt's can kill you

yeah and so can goin cold turkey on benzos, but the danger from opiate w/ds is drastically reduced but the severe vomiting and diarrhea it causes def need to be v careful to stay hydrated

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/davealvord164/status/894422062038646785

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

lorn Wayne posted:

yeah when i asked my mom if i'd had it before she said no then told me a story of how one of her coworkers died from it cause it attacked the lungs and one day was coughing the next was dead. thanks mom.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

lorn Wayne posted:

i was 17 or 18 in community college when i got chickenpox, i had to take a doctors note and a couple profs still didnt believe me

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

the left is a lot more hardcore than i expected based on this picture.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah and so can goin cold turkey on benzos, but the danger from opiate w/ds is drastically reduced but the severe vomiting and diarrhea it causes def need to be v careful to stay hydrated

opiate w/ds are supremely unpleasant, but theres never the fear of death!!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Can u get chicken pox from loving a chicken? Asking for a friend

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Iron Crowned posted:

So pretty much everyone has herpes because pretty much everyone's had chickenpox? That sucks.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Captain Internet posted:

ooooonnnnnce there was this giiiiirrrrrrrllll whoooo
got all hosed up w shingles over 10 years ago
and wheeeeennnnnn they said your in college
she
said
im like 20 years old, this is an old people diseaaaaassse, yeah

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zyla posted:

as a person that takes regular daily opioids and has been through several cold withdrawls, drinking withdrawls scare the utter poo poo out of me

DTs are in fact as terrifying as they are described and are a physical manifestation of the PLANE OF PAIN in that you hallucinate, have seizures, and can't really use your arms or legs while nauseous and usually throwing up empty air

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Captain Internet posted:

I had shingles when I was seven, forming a ring around my ribcage. The doctors at the emergency room thought I had poison ivy, but when we finally got in with my pediatrician, he recognized it right away. I still have a couple scars where a cluster of the worst blisters broke. It was not fun.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

i wanna meet that 4% of pro-trump dems

(so that i can smack some sense into them)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

the chicken has to gently caress you but yeah, that's how it was first transmitted. dude got hosed by a chicken and died.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The left seems super cool here

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Zyla posted:

opiate w/ds are supremely unpleasant, but theres never the fear of death!!

there is! be careful! its just not gonna straight up kill you like delirium tremendous or benzo w/ds

and ofc

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

sincx posted:

So pretty much everyone has herpes because pretty much everyone's had chickenpox? That sucks.

god dammit

chicken pox is not herpes herpes

quote:

Varicella-zoster is part of a group of viruses called herpes viruses, which includes the viruses that cause cold sores and genital herpes. Because of this, shingles is also known as herpes zoster. But the virus that causes chickenpox and shingles is not the same virus responsible for cold sores or genital herpes, a sexually transmitted infection.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

the left is a lot more hardcore than i expected based on this picture.

yeah gently caress i was expecting something like minorities being taken away from their kids by a red hatter while somebody behind the redhatter was handwringing

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I wish.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted: