Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's a little weird, but I can see the benefit of having the two different ones.

cowboy elvis posted:

Ok cool. Dev tools is now throwing a fit over the colon
I don't think you need the colon to terminate the function. Looks good otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I think you mean 3

=
==
===

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

and now a quick word from our sponsors

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

and now a quick word from our sponsors

Please don't post material from my previous go to market decks

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

I think you mean 3

=
==
===
Nah, I mean a lot of languages just have the one == equality operator. JavaScript apparently has two different equality operators (== and ===) depending on whether or not it should attempt to compare different types (that's kinda neat). That sort of thing typically seems to be either glossed over entirely or left to the developer to ensure that different types can be compared to one another. The single equals = is the assignment operator.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok I will play with the function and see if I can get this fucker to work

Thanks for the help :3:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Come on back, now, y'hear?

Since we're talking about nerdy poo poo, my fantasy league recently started using Slack. Turns out that Slack is pretty cool and it also has an API. This is my new project:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hey so I've targeted the people who helped me write that function with a programmatic digital campaign. Enjoy the ads.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i'm sure i will notice it in the sea of other ads i am barraged with daily

your life is meaningless

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ps im still working on a cure for cancer, so there's that too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I enjoy my mostly ad free bubble. I get that it's impossible to avoid everything, but just avoiding TV/radio/internet ads is really nice.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Don't worry you can't miss it. It's an unmuted digital banner video of a man screaming "HITLER DICK"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

cowboy elvis posted:

Don't worry you can't miss it. It's an unmuted digital banner video of a man screaming "HITLER DICK"

i wonder if that's number 7 or 8 of the items ublock stopped on this page

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

you must be blocking something else since I'm ad-free and only have 5 items blocked

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Anyway that function turned out to be a lot more complex than initially. One of the three elements of the code was a giant function that is probably best exposed in the side page's data layer.

Either way I got it to work using an if else statement for 2 out of the 3 elements.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Just started re-reading Light. One of my favorite books ever. It's like a surrealist suddenly decided to write bleak as hell hard sci-fi. Haven't really read anything like it before or since.

Then his 'the Centauri Device' will blow your mind. It's bleaker than hell space opera. Don't read the spoiler for it. Almost everyone in the book dies
I treasure each Harrison story I stumble across.

Conan the Barbarian's temple fight scene will always be aces for what each character does at the beginning of it.
Asian guy: sneak up and murder the huge vat chow chef.
Blonde lady: slice up a bunch a dudes, decapitate a fool.
Arnie: run up stairs, shove a lady stoner aside.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Apparently you can not just cancel a Prime membership and let it expire, but "end it now", to get an immediate refund of the remainder of the subscription you're forgoing.

That's pretty drat cool.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Then his 'the Centauri Device' will blow your mind. It's bleaker than hell space opera. Don't read the spoiler for it. Almost everyone in the book dies
I treasure each Harrison story I stumble across.

Thanks for the tip, will definitely check it out.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Meh

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 8, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok gofundme's are really getting absurd. First it was medical bills, then white kids and evangelicals funding their South American trip.

But seriously any major incident or event in anyone's life someone sees fit to make a gofundme. The gently caress why is a a person with a $800k house six figure job driving a $50k car asking me for money

Like don't get me wrong I get the medical side, and that's simply indicative of the sad state of affairs of America, but drat

Go tell your kid to go outside and hustle candy bars so I don't have to fund their posh uniforms while you have a dual income family

I tried doing one in TFR to fund my quest to go down the rabbit hole of Sharp's rifle variants, but they took it down within 5 minutes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh my loving god Pickle Rick. I'm 10 minutes in and this is the best episode in a long time.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok gofundme's are really getting absurd. First it was medical bills, then white kids and evangelicals funding their South American trip.

But seriously any major incident or event in anyone's life someone sees fit to make a gofundme. The gently caress why is a a person with a $800k house six figure job driving a $50k car asking me for money. A well established women started one for her kid who was starting college at an expensive four year. What the gently caress? Send his rear end to community college for two years. Another girl posted one for herself to go to a fancy four year right out the gate.

Like don't get me wrong I get the medical side, and that's simply indicative of the sad state of affairs of America, but drat

Go tell your kid to go outside and hustle candy bars so I don't have to fund their posh uniforms while you have a dual income family

You know you don't have to donate right

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Background info: The place I've been crashing at has had this casual ginger-mixture cat that came by occasionally and was massively underfed. The party-crew that lives at this place basically adopted it as some sort of mascot and called it "lil' snoop".

Meet "lil' snoop"

So I ask if they tried to find the original owner, or - barring that - would try to get some shots for the cat or have it examined, you know, whatever Godholio (or Mr. Nice?) did with that little hitlerstache cat hiding under the Corvette.
But no one feels like doing it, so the cat just hangs around, and keeps getting food and water. Two days ago, I notice it's limping, but I'm never in a position to catch it when it's getting food, so today I decided to assemble a massive feast of three different wet foods and a new bag of dry food, and sure enough, lil' snoop swings by real quick like.

Since it's a docile as a drunkard that you just bought a beer, I'm able to have a look at the paw it was avoiding, turns out it had a wood sliver in there, and it got infected.

RING A loving BELL, DOES IT?!?!?

In any case, there's somehow an enclosed abscess that this wooden sliver is sticking out of, that isn't secreting at all, which I assume is due to Snoop completely avoiding the paw with some success. I realize the cat's about to hate me a whole lot at this point, but it has to be done. So I disinfect the paw broadly with antiseptic, while Snoop gives me an incredibly confused look.

Then I proceed to pull the sliver out and drain the abscess.

You've never seen a cat this angry. I promise you.

The most heart-breaking thing is that it didn't really try to escape from me at all, it just kept swiping at me and mewling miserably when I was compressing the paw and repeatedly disinfecting. No idea if it knew what the gently caress was going on, or that poo poo needed to hurt before it got better, but here we are.

Here's a pic where I gave Snoop a few minutes to recover after disinfecting, purring and being generally really chill with me

I figured I'd try to dress the wound with antiseptic gauze and put a bit of a self-adhesive compression bandage on it, just to try to keep the wound clean maybe for a few hours before it would tear all the poo poo off.

Turns out the cat had mixed feelings about this, and is now hiding under the broken-rear end crackden bed I've been sleeping on for the past week:

I figured I'm not getting anywhere with my attempts, but the cat sleeping for a few hours has got to be better than running around in the dirt outside immediately after having an abscess drained. A dude that worked with the humane association of the county straight up said that stray animals with signs of infection are simply put down immediately, so this is its last chance, I guess.

A loving infection of the foot from impalement by foreign object...it's like America is loving with me 20 hours before I fly home

/edit:

Cat-status: Chilling, definitely not going anywhere anytime soon

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 8, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

McNally posted:

I tried doing one in TFR to fund my quest to go down the rabbit hole of Sharp's rifle variants, but they took it down within 5 minutes.

I made a fake one a bit ago as a local joke and it's still up 🤷🏽‍♀️

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yer a good man Duzzy.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Background info: The place I've been crashing at has had this casual ginger-mixture cat that came by occasionally and was massively underfed. The party-crew that lives at this place basically adopted it as some sort of mascot and called it "lil' snoop".

Meet "lil' snoop"

So I ask if they tried to find the original owner, or - barring that - would try to get some shots for the cat or have it examined, you know, whatever Godholio (or Mr. Nice?) did with that little hitlerstache cat hiding under the Corvette.
But no one feels like doing it, so the cat just hangs around, and keeps getting food and water. Two days ago, I notice it's limping, but I'm never in a position to catch it when it's getting food, so today I decided to assemble a massive feast of three different wet foods and a new bag of dry food, and sure enough, lil' snoop swings by real quick like.

Since it's a docile as a drunkard that you just bought a beer, I'm able to have a look at the paw it was avoiding, turns out it had a wood sliver in there, and it got infected.

RING A loving BELL, DOES IT?!?!?

In any case, there's somehow an enclosed abscess that this wooden sliver is sticking out of, that isn't secreting at all, which I assume is due to Snoop completely avoiding the paw with some success. I realize the cat's about to hate me a whole lot at this point, but it has to be done. So I disinfect the paw broadly with antiseptic, while Snoop gives me an incredibly confused look.

Then I proceed to pull the sliver out and drain the abscess.

You've never seen a cat this angry. I promise you.

The most heart-breaking thing is that it didn't really try to escape from me at all, it just kept swiping at me and mewling miserably when I was compressing the paw and repeatedly disinfecting. No idea if it knew what the gently caress was going on, or that poo poo needed to hurt before it got better, but here we are.

Here's a pic where I gave Snoop a few minutes to recover after disinfecting, purring and being generally really chill with me

I figured I'd try to dress the wound with antiseptic gauze and put a bit of a self-adhesive compression bandage on it, just to try to keep the wound clean maybe for a few hours before it would tear all the poo poo off.

Turns out the cat had mixed feelings about this, and is now hiding under the broken-rear end crackden bed I've been sleeping on for the past week:

I figured I'm not getting anywhere with my attempts, but the cat sleeping for a few hours has got to be better than running around in the dirt outside immediately after having an abscess drained. A dude that worked with the humane association of the county straight up said that stray animals with signs of infection are simply put down immediately, so this is its last chance, I guess.

A loving infection of the foot from impalement by foreign object...it's like America is loving with me 20 hours before I fly home

/edit:

Cat-status: Chilling, definitely not going anywhere anytime soon

Is there not a no kill shelter any where close or a vet you can take the cat too for treatment?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

cowboy elvis posted:

Is there not a no kill shelter any where close or a vet you can take the cat too for treatment?

In Maricopa county :smith:

/edit:

I'm gonna try to figure out if any of the dudes coming back here can take care of it, or at the very least try to convey it to that shelter, but I guarantee you they're all in the "it should suffer less" corner.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 8, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy fly home via nz let's smoke

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:

I'm gonna try to figure out if any of the dudes coming back here can take care of it, or at the very least try to convey it to that shelter, but I guarantee you they're all in the "it should suffer less" corner.

Someone has to get that cat to the vet at the very least.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

cowboy elvis posted:

Someone has to get that cat to the vet at the very least.

I'm gonna ask the owner of the house to take it to the Kaibab vet clinic when he comes back from work, but this is America, I'm almost sure what the answer is gonna be

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

Duzzy fly home via nz let's smoke

do not smoke cats plz

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Was gonna serve up smoked deutschen

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:

That would be an uncool thing to do to this cool calico cat. Joe Cool Cat.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

Oh my loving god Pickle Rick. I'm 10 minutes in and this is the best episode in a long time.

pickle rick is incredible

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Good job on the cat. You'd have a new cat pal if you weren't fleeing the country.

Current hector status:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Rick and Morty made up for the last episode.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The original Godzilla suit dude apparently has died.
It is a sad day for kajiu film fans worldwide.
Meanwhile in a dark corner of Japan, Gamera cackles & rubs together his flipper-hands.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So uh pickle rick. I didn't think the family could be more dysfunctional without Jerry but there you go.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I turned myself into a pickle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

I turned myself into a pickle!

Why do you have a syringe tied to a string above you with a pair of scissors set to cut the string ten minutes from now when we're supposed to be at therapy?

• Locked thread