Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

wanna be clear that he did nothing wrong and got this because he asked for a ranger probe in pm

probing for pm bullshit should be probateable :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

probing for pm bullshit should be probateable :colbert:

tell that motherfucker :justpost:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i told them to post in cspam if they wanted a probe

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

and they did w/in minutes and almost immediately thereafter pm'd me a link to the post because apparently power rangers was a childhood fav for them

ik is a public service role and i cant say no to someone who is just super excited to get a probe like that :3:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mariana yr photos are v nice and im sorry it took me so long to post that instead of quietly admiring them every time i loaded the chat thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i sent a letter to an artist who i admire (and basically rip off see below) this week and i got a very nice letter back from him

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

i sent a letter to an artist who i admire (and basically rip off see below) this week and i got a very nice letter back from him

:kimchi:

all of u own

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Al! posted:

Nice! Did you post it somewheres here on SA?

Also I found this:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Mariana Horchata posted:

yep saw that last nite...the idea is good but if anything i would try to make it look more like a corncob (add some texture/shading and some elements that make it easily identifiable as a corncob like a bit of husk or something...and ofc u could also make it look a bit trumpish if ur up to it)

in case u have never seen it this is the gold standard of corncob images imho, a masterpiece originally drawn by one of the first C-SPAM posters to be dragged off to the Pence Reorientation Camps by the MAGA death squads (was allegedly lured by the promise of free cosmetic samples and wawa sandwiches) :rip: YAFH :tipshat:

^ seen? now thats a proper conald dumpcob if there ever was...

Seen that one before, and both what you describe and what's in the picture are an ear of corn... what I drew (poorly) is a cylindrical crosssection of the actual corncob itself which what is left over after removing silk+husk+kernels; they're two different things. The texture (which is apparently only visible when zoomed 4x, oops) is the squarish yellow-and-pale-yellow grid which may not be recognizable if you've never had the misfortune of eating corn on the cob living in the South.

And after giving myself a migraine while conjuring up a trick to see multiple shades of yellow+green at the same time, managed to come up with a not-really-a-corncob version that may convey the idea more effectively:

...though now the shape looks kinda off?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Squizzle posted:

and they did w/in minutes and almost immediately thereafter pm'd me a link to the post because apparently power rangers was a childhood fav for them

ik is a public service role and i cant say no to someone who is just super excited to get a probe like that :3:
sqweezee u r the epitome of professionalism n grace

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

aww shucks that means a lot to me :glomp:

so i mashed out a potential gangtag, looking for touches before i ask an admin (or maybe it has to be zdr?????) to upload it

2 versions, all feedback welcome

only diff is the additional bat fragments in the first

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Squizzle posted:

wanna be clear that he did nothing wrong and got this because he asked for a ranger probe in pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVeipH0F2Y&hd=1&t=50s
that one scene has always stuck in my head because I remember seeing it as a kid and being like "why is there a kid standing next to the megazord", I found a really nice gif of the scene and asked Squizzle the Power Ranger Mod to immortalize it for me, and he did because

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

aww shucks that means a lot to me :glomp:

so i mashed out a potential gangtag, looking for touches before i ask an admin (or maybe it has to be zdr?????) to upload it

2 versions, all feedback welcome

only diff is the additional bat fragments in the first

what if u took the one w/ broken bat fragments and lowered the star down a bit and changed the placement of the fragments so they also look like a very angry face

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

silentsnack posted:

Seen that one before, and both what you describe and what's in the picture are an ear of corn... what I drew (poorly) is a cylindrical crosssection of the actual corncob itself which what is left over after removing silk+husk+kernels; they're two different things. The texture (which is apparently only visible when zoomed 4x, oops) is the squarish yellow-and-pale-yellow grid which may not be recognizable if you've never had the misfortune of eating corn on the cob living in the South.

And after giving myself a migraine while conjuring up a trick to see multiple shades of yellow+green at the same time, managed to come up with a not-really-a-corncob version that may convey the idea more effectively:

...though now the shape looks kinda off?

that
is
perfect

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeh that 🌽 is v nice

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Version 3: less truncated, slightly more recognizable as 'corn'

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

folks ive been peeking at the lf thread lately and its worth a look, just plz dont gently caress it up w suck zoning

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
🌽

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

i was cobbed irl by some carjackin lowlifes

who the gently caress wants a beat up 91 honda civic wagon goddam fukken shitheads

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

who the gently caress wants a beat up 91 honda civic wagon goddam fukken shitheads

civic wagon?? like the one that looks like a dust buster on wheels? nice!

sry ur wheels got nicked m8

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

tha gently caress

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

zen death robot posted:

although those civics fuckin last forever jesus

that really applies to everything honda made pre y2k

my first motorcycle was a Honda dual sport that was sitting since 1987 and i ran the ever loving fk out of it and it ain't shook

I also had a Prelude that i was an absolute menace in and have no clue how i didn't die in it

im glad u didn't be a hero Bebop...u should ask Lastgirl for tips on preventing future carjacking attempts tho :vuvu:

also sorry about everything bebop - i originally read that and thought u were recalling something that happened years ago, rather than hours ago

Mariana Horchata has issued a correction as of 21:22 on Aug 3, 2017

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Mariana Horchata posted:

im glad u didn't be a hero Bebop...u should ask Lastgirl for tips on preventing future carjacking attempts tho :vuvu:

Just outta curiosity is that because Lastgirl is from South Africa [SA!!] and has a gun and one of those ball'o'flame anti-carjacking systems

I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Mr. Do all legal things.

My cousin and me used to bomb about in a similar era civic hatch, it was the really base model with a four speed stick and no radio from the factory

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Nebakenezzer posted:

Just outta curiosity is that because Lastgirl is from South Africa [SA!!] and has a gun and one of those ball'o'flame anti-carjacking systems

I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Mr. Do all legal things.

My cousin and me used to bomb about in a similar era civic hatch, it was the really base model with a four speed stick and no radio from the factory

exactly what i was referring to

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Mariana Horchata posted:

exactly what i was referring to

For Canada it lasted a crazy long time, too, it was durable as hell

It died the rusty death when brought to Nova Scotia

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

zen death robot posted:

lmao are you serious?

lol if u think id ever post something untrue

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Squizzle posted:

mariana yr photos are v nice and im sorry it took me so long to post that instead of quietly admiring them every time i loaded the chat thread

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i'm sorry you had to go through that brad

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i'm sorry you had to go through that brad
:allears:
the fact that my rxn was "COBBED IRL" is priceless tho

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:allears:
the fact that my rxn was "COBBED IRL" is priceless tho

it is
:3:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Today's 538 podcast involves Nate Silver really seriously, unfunnily, darkly saying that the radical left twitter mockery of centrists is fundamentally racist/sexist, and a bad idea. No mention of corncobs, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's referencing

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

Today's 538 podcast involves Nate Silver really seriously, unfunnily, darkly saying that the radical left twitter mockery of centrists is fundamentally racist/sexist, and a bad idea. No mention of corncobs, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's referencing

"corncob is racist" sounds like something a corncob would say

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Bend was pretty today.

https://youtu.be/NFhJRTdmviA

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 06:04 on Aug 8, 2017

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

them low energy colors give the sky a beautiful glow, a glow the color of the gleam in JEB!s eyes

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why is the newest sa user stealing fuckin taynes identity, of all peoples

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=221443

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Idk but I do think it's sort of funny they did it

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

Idk but I do think it's sort of funny they did it

sort of? :frogout:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

oh peebs u cheeky lil monkey girl :h:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

icantfindaname posted:

Nate silver retire you hack fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Taintrunner posted:

Nate silver retire you hack fraud

he got a bit of attention for being less wrong than everyone else

make no mistake, he will wring that dry for everything it's worth
:lol:

• Locked thread