Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I was high as gently caress and the James scene out of nowhere had me pissing my pants with laughter. That had to be Lynch just saying "ahhh give the kids that song they all like."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

cjg posted:

Yeah, that's just a bowl of mac and cheese.

oh yes now we can have an old fashioned shannon was stabbed. ill be posting hi res enhanced zooms soon, its corn

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'm still torn on Dougie. Sometimes it's amazing stuff like the bizarre conga line at the beginning, but then you get another aggravating pie/coffee tease and all you want is Cooper.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I never, ever skip poo poo in tv shows, but goddammit, I skimmed this week's (or last week's, can't remember) Jacoby rant.

I just don't give a poo poo about his ranting. I get the point within the first few seconds.

Rocco posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but nothing about James singing or Nadine being a loving idiot is entertaining to me in any way whatsoever

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Twin Peaks: THE FUCKS ARE AT IT AGAIN!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I really liked civil war Ben :colbert:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

at some point I want someone to ask the doppelganger about his jacket so he can reply "this is a snakeskin jacket. it represents my individuality and belief in personal freedom."

Is there a reason that Lynch hasn't worked with Nicolas Cage since that film? Would have been nice to see him make an appearance in Twin Peaks.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Rocco posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but nothing about James singing or Nadine being a loving idiot is entertaining to me in any way whatsoever

Did you watch the original seasons? Both of those parts bank heavily on nostalgia

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

zelah posted:

I really liked civil war Ben :colbert:

Civil War Ben is real good. Also that scene of Ben and Jerry fuckin' losing it over those sandwiches.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Civil War Ben is real good. Also that scene of Ben and Jerry fuckin' losing it over those sandwiches.
I liked Jerry's smoked cheese pig too. And also "Marshmallows?? Ben, where's the hickory sticks?!"

And even though I love the Dougie stuff, I get the frustration. Imagine how frustrating this would be if it were still 9 episodes or whatever.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

drat already beaten but SMOKED CHEESE PIG

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

One of my favorite parts of James singing is that he's the only performer so far to warrant a formal introduction other than NIN. He's a big deal in this town.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

That was season 1, but yeah basically any time ben and jerry and food are in a scene it's gonna be good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yessss.

I'm so happy Tom Sizemore is working again :)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was half expecting his character to do some really reprehensible poo poo, especially after Sizemore went after that dude on Twitter who was talking about his twin peaks appearance, but his appearance last night had me both laughing my rear end off and deeply sympathizing with his character.

Dougie didn't just save him, he redeemed the guy's soul. I really liked that scene.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The fact that Dougie not only continues to thrive, but genuinely makes everyone around him better is really nice to watch. He's honestly a more effective force for good than Cooper ever was.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

General Dog posted:

The fact that Dougie not only continues to thrive, but genuinely makes everyone around him better is really nice to watch. He's honestly a more effective force for good than Cooper ever was.

We're just seeing pure distilled Cooper. He's gonna convince Candy to finish her Master's thesis and when Tim Roth meets him he'll realize Wendy's is second rate compared to Checkers.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
So, the Super Mitchum Brothers gave Bushnell the same BMW as Dougie, right?

I'm suddenly very worried that Bushnell is going to get hurt in yet another Dougie assassination attempt. :ohdear:

Still though, that's like what, five deaths dodged now?
1. Car bomb, dodged by getting a (second) ride from Jade.
2. Sniper, dodged by bending down to get the dropped hotel room key.
3. Ike the Spike, taken out with Fugue State Kung Fu.
4. Super Mitchum Bros., turned with the power of Dream Vision Pie.
5. Poisoned coffee, Tony turned with the power of The Backrub of Truth.

Next up are the Natural Born Killers, I guess? Dougie will probably inexplicably have a bag of delicious Wendy's burgers when they attempt to murder him. While the couple are scarfing the burgers, it stalls them long enough for the FBI to show up, having been alerted by the Detective Brothers' fingerprint search.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Roth are such a fantastic duo, I almost can barely get over it. I mean, frankly, they've been totally under-utilized - I am absolutely not kidding when I say that I would watch an 18-episode show entirely about them just playing those characters and going around doing their thing. Like, those are actually two of the most absolute best and coolest character actors you could possibly find, and combined they've been in some of the greatest films of the last... well poo poo, 25-30 years or so, really.

Watching them play these roles with Lynch direction is kinda like watching Evil Coop beat that dude at arm wrestling, so the more we see of them the better, far as I'm concerned

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I dunno, but "Fugue State Kung Fu" is the name of my new imaginary band.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kaworu posted:

Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Roth are such a fantastic duo, I almost can barely get over it. I mean, frankly, they've been totally under-utilized - I am absolutely not kidding when I say that I would watch an 18-episode show entirely about them just playing those characters and going around doing their thing. Like, those are actually two of the most absolute best and coolest character actors you could possibly find, and combined they've been in some of the greatest films of the last... well poo poo, 25-30 years or so, really.

Watching them play these roles with Lynch direction is kinda like watching Evil Coop beat that dude at arm wrestling, so the more we see of them the better, far as I'm concerned

With out looking it up, what's their character's names?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
edit: ^ yeah, that.

kaworu posted:

They're great actors don't get me wrong, but I don't have any sense whatsoever of either of their characters. They've had like five lines of dialogue between them. I have no idea what their names are.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean that's not quite fair because iirc their names have been said maybe twice apiece in 13 (14) episodes of TV show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well there ya go. Maybe it's OK to say that there's too many characters in the show and none of them are getting the screen time necessary to make them truly compelling? Tammy has had more screen time than either of those two and besides her name I can't tell you much about her character outside of "FBI girl that David Lynch touches in every scene."

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

You get me.

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hutch and Chantal.

...I'm pretty sure, at least.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yup! I only remembered Hutch though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I would also happily watch a series about literal Tim Roth and Jennifer Jason Leigh driving around the country as hired assassins.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I would also happily watch a series about literal Tim Roth and Jennifer Jason Leigh driving around the country as hired assassins.

This, only they pick up guest spots on local TV commercials for free.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Tupperwarez posted:

So, the Super Mitchum Brothers gave Bushnell the same BMW as Dougie, right?

I'm suddenly very worried that Bushnell is going to get hurt in yet another Dougie assassination attempt. :ohdear:
Battlin' Bud is never on the ropes for long.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I can buy the theory's cropping up around Audrey, as even reading the scene in a more straightforward way, there is clearly something wrong with Audrey that was not really apparent in her scene in the last episode.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Cromulent posted:

Battlin' Bud is never on the ropes for long.
I know, but I'm worried that his next bout is against the Irish Car Bomb, who is actually literally a car bomb.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I gotta say I like Bud a lot. It's like the Straight Story side of Lynch coming in through the head of an insurance agency of all things.

I hope he defeats Mr. C in the ring.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
James' voice kinda sounds like Wayne Coyne from The Flaming Lips.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

Tolkien minority posted:

Did you watch the original seasons? Both of those parts bank heavily on nostalgia

Yeah, and I didn't think James or Nadine were anything but a loving waste of time in those episodes either

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Nadine at least had a sympathetic sad story. James is just a moron.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Laura Dern on Colbert right now.
Half expected her to sit down, fidget looking for a drink, light up a smoke, and say "gently caress you, Stephen."

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
If you didn't think the James Song was hilarious then I don't know what to tell you.

Had I been drinking coffee I'd have spit it out at that moment.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was eating a potato chip and coughed because I laughed in mid-chew if that counts.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

If you didn't think the James Song was hilarious then I don't know what to tell you.

Had I been drinking coffee I'd have spit it out at that moment.

drat good coffee, and HOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
james's song made me orgasm