Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

deer are furry springs.

Lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pablo Bluth posted:

Mansell will always be "my driver". I got in to F1 properly in 1990 and that Senna-Prost-Mansell era will always be the one I hold closest to my heart. It's also left me deeply disturbed, and my allegiance since then has been: Mansell → Villeneueve → Montoya → Hamilton.

For me it was

Are Nige, Are Damo, Are Monto, Are Jense and Are Rossie

Nando is someone I used to hate but since his death he has transcended into something... more... almost divine like.

Special shout out to adopted Are Bruno, though not a great driver is just such a good and cool person just like Are Chando.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

This is completely fair. 1989 was the shift from turbo to only the 3.5 liter N/A engines, so few companies were spending any resources on turbo development. Many of the midfield teams had already moved over the the new engines, including even Williams.

Everyone really, the only other turbos running other than Honda and Ferrari were the ancient BMW and Alfa based units Arrows and Osella were using and whatever the hell Zakspeed thought they were playing at.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Everyone really, the only other turbos running other than Honda and Ferrari were the ancient BMW and Alfa based units Arrows and Osella were using and whatever the hell Zakspeed thought they were playing at.

Yep, Lotus and Ferrari were the only other real "major" teams with turbos. And Ferrari of course the only team to win a race besides that McLaren.

Oh did somebody say JPM JET DRYER?

https://youtu.be/JkYxxh6C_jw

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

harperdc posted:

Yep, Lotus and Ferrari were the only other real "major" teams with turbos. And Ferrari of course the only team to win a race besides that McLaren.

Oh did somebody say JPM JET DRYER?

https://youtu.be/JkYxxh6C_jw

"How many NASCAR drivers does it take to blow up a jet dryer? Juan."

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Carth Dookie posted:

deer are like horses with horns

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://streamable.com/l0r3b

Good British Lad. He's just like us. #grounded

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It says the champ is cutting his own grass but I don't see Nico anywhere?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Our Rossie would not be so tasteless as to play at being proletarian by instagramming with lawn care tools.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Theophany posted:

noone sees nico until hes crashed into you and stolen a championship

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nico is so much more likeable now

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

NtotheTC posted:

#megalawn #bose

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

I think the Zakspeed engine was based on the Ford BDA.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

I can see myself doing exaclty all of this if I was in Lewis' position. Except I'd have more sense to get a riding mower like wtf Lewis

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQAQtY2Uw2Y

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I ran over a wasp nest on a riding mower before. Do not recommend

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

NtotheTC posted:

Is that a Honda powered lawn mower? By the speed, I'm assuming so

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

I ran over a wasp nest on a riding mower before. Do not recommend

I've only done ground bees, which thankfully didn't give a gently caress.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Brainwrong posted:

Is that a Honda powered lawn mower? By the speed, I'm assuming so

It's the prototype test bed single cylinder for their F1 engine.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

I've only done ground bees, which thankfully didn't give a gently caress.

Yeah cuz bees are awesome and wasps are hell creatures

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Yeah cuz bees are awesome and wasps are hell creatures

Indeed. I got stung by that same nest, but I A. wasn't on my lawnmower at the time, and B. I dragged a branch over it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The Kubica hype train refuses to die. I can't see a situation where he doesn't get signed at this point.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

The Kubica hype train refuses to die. I can't see a situation where he doesn't get signed at this point.

Maybe he replaces Massa in a strange twist of fate.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Thanks, I was mobile posting and didn't see the pic. That pretty firmly puts me in the Sonos camp for wireless audio duties then! (If I wasn't too cheap to buy one, instead of probably just jury-rigging a Chromecast Audio setup, that is).

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Because nothing can happen in cricket for a long time, moments like this can be the highlight of a session's play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pht2ApNG53U

Someone should put a chair in Crofty''s* face.

*Insert Brundle if you prefer.

Wirth1000 posted:

You guys ever wonder what it must feel like to piss yourself in a car doing 280km/h or so in front of thousands?

The best goddamn feeling in the world.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dubs posted:

noone sees nico until hes crashed into you and stolen a championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9izupgRKMWI

:getin:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
nico is aggressively boring. zzzzz, pretend rear end German not good enough to drive for the Scud and can only hack it driving for a cheating team based in Britain where everyone has bad teeth and is fat.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

nico is aggressively boring. zzzzz, pretend rear end German not good enough to drive for the Scud and can only hack it driving for a cheating team based in Britain where everyone has bad teeth and is fat.

What about their diet? What does that consist of?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I dunno about other Brits, but I had a boiled horsemeat stew for lunch. Well, I say stew, it was just boiled horsemeat in the water it was boiled in.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I googled horsemeat the other day and horse steaks look surprisingly inticing. Not that I could ever eat such an intelligence creature mind you. Only the dumb ones are to be butchered and consumed.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Nico is so much more likeable now

I'll be the first to admit, I hated him. I absolutely love the guy now. 10/10 would grab a beer with and discuss trolling Lewis.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 8, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

I googled horsemeat the other day and horse steaks look surprisingly inticing. Not that I could ever eat such an intelligence creature mind you. Only the dumb ones are to be butchered and consumed.

So... all of them?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I ate horse a couple times in korea. It's fine.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Horses are dumb as poo poo, and it takes more effort to stop them from killing themselves than it's worth.

there are a lot of delicious animals you're probably not eating already though.

My local grocery store has bison burgers and elk sausage

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Poor Freckles, thought of ants and died.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Powershift posted:

My local grocery store has bison burgers and elk sausage

Hold on, Powershift, let's not make all of Canada sound like it's on the edge of the wild frontier. We have plain old boneless/skinless chicken breasts and ground beef available at the town mercantile too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CratSock posted:

Hold on, Powershift, let's not make all of Canada sound like it's on the edge of the wild frontier. We have plain old boneless/skinless chicken breasts and ground beef available at the town mercantile too.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-advise-calgarians-not-to-take-selfies-with-moose-on-the-loose

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thants.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That is the most Canadian headline ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CratSock posted:

My grandfather and his friend used to just go out hunting in a Lada Niva and there's be a huge dinner with tons of different game meats every year. God drat best meat I've ever had was some venison at one of those dinners.

• Locked thread