Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Confirmation that Yug doesn't proofread his posts.

You know what I mean. Please explain how lovely controllers are better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Better get A GLISTENING HODOR one of those trendy Trumpatars because the tables

HAVE TURNED

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Yug posted:

Pubg is fun as hell and pre rec sucks.

This is the single least surprising post in the entire 548 page thread.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

counterfeitsaint posted:

This is the single least surprising post in the entire 548 page thread.

Wait a minute, what the hell is it? Looking it up shows a lot of rednecks with guns and pick up trucks on a desert island. What the hell is happening?

Like, is it Battlefield but with weird random guns everywhere?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

Wait a minute, what the hell is it? Looking it up shows a lot of rednecks with guns and pick up trucks on a desert island. What the hell is happening?

It's a really fun game that Rich is bad at so he hates it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rotacixe posted:

It is a simple brawling game for teenagers.

Yug posted:

Pubg is fun as hell and pre rec sucks.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Wicker Man posted:

Like, is it Battlefield but with weird random guns everywhere?

a hundred people jump out of a plane onto a 8x8 km grid and try to be the last person alive by picking up guns and shooting other people or running them over in cars

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Eh, no. I'm sorry but the argument around representation is some super hollow poo poo coming from the fully represented.

If it is, this is insanely shallow comeback. Minority representation in films has been happening for decades in cycles because cultural flows backward from culture. Representation doesn't matter all that much. Women guards sexually assaulted and tortured people at Abu Ghraib, PoC executive lead to some of the largest labor crack downs in McDonald's history and amazingly racist practices, and most importantly Blade making a poo poo ton of money didn't do much for the average PoC actor or worker behind the scenes. Hollywood is a meat grinder and fast food joint rolled into one.

Woke Nerds are the worst. You complain about nerds for consumerism and apologia but forgive and forget when the new, insanely disingenuous billboard promotes values that placate your conscience and enables you suspension of disbelief. No Vietnamese sweat shop worker gives a poo poo whether she's making a Batman or Wonder Woman shirt. A PoC comedy show that a cop is a fan of isn't going stop him from blowing away an unarmed black man. The only people who benefit are mostly rich, white people. A few women or PoCs here or there to be fair, as to help the other board members sleep at night. Buying a movie ticket to a 100 million dollar production isn't activism.

Buy Ecto-Cooler to stick it to the trolls.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 8, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

If it is, this is insanely shallow comeback. Minority representation in films has been happening for decades in cycles because cultural flows backward from culture. Representation doesn't matter all that much. Women guards sexually assaulted and tortured people at Abu Ghraib, PoC executive lead to some of the largest labor crack downs in McDonald's history and amazingly racist practices, and most importantly Blade making a poo poo ton of money didn't do much for the average PoC actor or worker behind the scenes. Hollywood is a meat grinder and fast food joint rolled into one.

Woke Nerds are the worst. You complain about nerds for consumerism and apologia but forgive and forget when the new, insanely disingenuous billboard promotes values that placate your conscience and enables you suspension of disbelief. No Vietnamese sweat shop worker gives a poo poo whether she's making a Batman or Wonder Woman shirt. A PoC comedy show that a cop is a fan of isn't going stop him from blowing away an armed black man. The only people who benefit are mostly rich, white people. A few women or PoCs too here or there to be fair, as to help the other board members sleep at night. Buying a movie ticket to a 100 million dollar production isn't activism.

Yes. I don't disagree with any of this. My argument isn't "representation makes up for a lot of lovely ills", it's "you can't really attack representation for others while sitting on mountain of representation."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

JB50 posted:

Jack uses the mouse to aim and the controller to move.

Its really dumb.

This can not be true

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zzulu posted:

This can not be true

Might as well pair a nunchuck and wiimote to your PC.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I'm trying to watch Ghostbusters '16 and it's not horrible, but all I can think is I have zero desire to watch a Ghostbusters remake. Why would anyone ever want to watch this instead of watching the original again.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yes. I don't disagree with any of this. My argument isn't "representation makes up for a lot of lovely ills", it's "you can't really attack representation for others while sitting on mountain of representation."

Fair enough, I'm just confused that criticism with Mike's general refusal to give a poo poo about the GB/SW troll nonsense.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Schweinhund posted:

I'm trying to watch Ghostbusters '16 and it's not horrible, but all I can think is I have zero desire to watch a Ghostbusters remake. Why would anyone ever want to watch this instead of watching the original again.

Welcome to Hollywood thinking: "It's like a sequel but less work and a clean slate to target a new demographic. Surely they don't have netflix or amazon to this cultural touchstone that's widely known. It works for Batman!"

At least The Thing had the reasoning that it bombed in the box office and has only been seen by a much smaller slice despite it's cultural footprint. Still hosed up what made it great though despite knowing the original formula was a success mishandled.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
More like Red Pill Media.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure they'll have something totally unique to add to the critical consensus about the Ghostbusters reboot, and they totally won't kick a hornets nest a full year after the hornets calmed down.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I'm sure they'll have something totally unique to add to the critical consensus about the Ghostbusters reboot, and they totally won't kick a hornets nest a full year after the hornets calmed down.

What if it's actually a Plinkett about Sony Pictures?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What if it's actually a Plinkett about Sony Pictures?

I mean, fingers crossed.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It's another transformers plinkett they delayed to try and get more people to click on it

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Mr. Plinkett has not-Jessie in a trash compactor:

"Auhto-botz sss'semble!!"

::click::

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.
whole lot of nerds in here mad about how another nerd plays with his toys. not sure why i'm surprised.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

lost old man posted:

whole lot of nerds in here mad about how another nerd plays with his toys. not sure why i'm surprised.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

The Guardian had a piece on Alexie Sayle in it yesterday, and I immediately thought of Mr Stoklasa...

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Plinkett is good. Nerds are bad.

I feel like some kind of alien because the prospect of no sequel for a movie I like never detracted from my enjoyment. Ditto the presence of dozens of horrible sequels. Almost like good movies can be enjoyed as singular entities without having to be propped up with extraneous bullshit.

Dean of Swing fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 8, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

NutritiousSnack posted:

Woke Nerds are the worst. You complain about nerds for consumerism and apologia but forgive and forget when the new, insanely disingenuous billboard promotes values that placate your conscience and enables you suspension of disbelief. No Vietnamese sweat shop worker gives a poo poo whether she's making a Batman or Wonder Woman shirt. A PoC comedy show that a cop is a fan of isn't going stop him from blowing away an unarmed black man. The only people who benefit are mostly rich, white people. A few women or PoCs here or there to be fair, as to help the other board members sleep at night. Buying a movie ticket to a 100 million dollar production isn't activism.

what if i dont buy any of those things

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
also what kind of loving loser wears a comic book shirt lmao, loving take it off and then jump off a loving building please

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

corn in the bible posted:

also what kind of loving loser wears a comic book shirt lmao, loving take it off and then jump off a loving building please

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Jamsta posted:

The Guardian had a piece on Alexie Sayle in it yesterday, and I immediately thought of Mr Stoklasa...

"Who's an ugly bastard and as fat as he can be?"

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

You will have a hefty sum after taxes.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

i think if you're reading this thread you are at the very least paying money to see movies made by hollywood

Gargamel Gibson posted:

More like Red Pill Media.

Take my wife....please

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JB50 posted:

Jack uses the mouse to aim and the controller to move.

Its really dumb.

this is the most hosed up thing ive ever heard.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There is only one good prequel and it is temple of doom

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Am I the only one who thinks i'ts weird that there are three big budget Lego movies about bad dads?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Am I the only one who thinks i'ts weird that there are three big budget Lego movies about bad dads?

Almost all fiction written by men is about bad dads in one form or another.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Even my Frasier crossover fanfiction

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The only exceptions I can think of are scenarios where the dad is perfect, but then dies to give our hero motivation. Pa Kent, Thomas Wayne, Mufasa...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can think of a ton of exceptions

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can think of a ton of exceptions

Me too, we're both really smart and wise

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)