Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Tim Whatley posted:

dude what the gently caress

Crawl out through the fallout, baby
When they drop that bomb
Crawl out through the fallout
With the greatest of aplomb
When your rad count's getting higher
Hurry, don't delay
I'll hold you close and kiss those
Radiation burns away

To my loving arms
Through the rain of Strontium-90
Think about your hero
When you're at Ground Zero
And crawl out through the fallout back to me

You know what I mean
'Cause they said this bomb was clean
If you cannot find the way
Just listen for my song
I'll love you all your life
Although that may not be too long

To my loving arms
While those ICBM's keep us free
When you hear me call out
Baby, kick the wall out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

If this is a gimmick it's a lovely gimmick.

Is "reasons to put me back on ignore" a gimmick or a service? Who can say. Let's get a roundtable discussion going, I elect myself as Chief Screamlord.

Also boy I hope Trump just forgets all this poo poo tomorrow, or some one with real sense gets his ear, or gently caress something. I doubt much will happen to us but I do not envy South Korea or Japan right about now.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Grouchio posted:

So we're officially in a mini Cuban Missile Crisis?

No. There's literally no chance of mutually assured destruction, at least under the current set of circumstances.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Furnaceface posted:

How is there one of these for every single event that happens? It just seems so mathematically impossible but it keeps happening.

His past objections came from jealousy, because he personally didn't have the power to do these things . Now he gets to live out his sick fantasies.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Majorian posted:

No. There's literally no chance of mutually assured destruction, at least under the current set of circumstances.

Actually, according to this thread, we are all dead in 6 months and you shouldn't invalidate those feelings.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
When they find my charred skeleton in the rubble of what used to be my office I hope I'm in a position of dignity

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

So we're officially in a mini Cuban Missile Crisis?

I take solace in the fact that Trump never follows through and has the attention span of a potato.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Majorian posted:

Can you explain why? I sort of need the reassurance

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Actually, according to this thread, we are all dead in 6 months and you shouldn't invalidate those feelings.

I like disappointing the accelerationists.:dukedog:

Calaveron posted:

North Korea can't reliably hit the U.S. with even one ICBM at the moment, much less with a miniaturized warhead on it, much less several of them, and there's little reason to believe that they actually want to (since, you know, that would mean their instant and utter obliteration). They won't have a large enough arsenal to pose an existential threat for a long, long time, if ever. This is deterrence, plus Kim touting a prestige project that assures his people will keep worshiping him.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 8, 2017

Vietnom nom nom
Oct 24, 2000
Forum Veteran
So obviously the way he repeated those words ("fire & fury") with special emphasis means they were put in his mouth, the question is who was it? Doesn't sound like something Kelly or Mattis would say, no way it's Tillerson at State. Has to be Bannon? I thought he bends more isolationist. Miller? Some sort of periphery guy like Gorka?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So we're gonna be in a war with North Korea for no loving reason whatsoever. Great.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Calaveron posted:

Worst case, NK doesn't have the capacity that Soviets did. It'd be terrible and the worst in human history, but we would get through.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

Tomorrow is never guaranteed dawg. Doesn't matter if it's nuclear hellfire or some dumbshit t-boning you at an intersection, morality always hangs over your head. Live your life.

There is a small difference between *me* dying and *pretty much everyone* dying.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

If you legitimately believe that the world is about to end, then using your last moments to gain currency from a country that won't exist anymore to store in a bank that won't exist anymore is a massive waste of potential.

he said, posting on the SA Forums

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

You shouldn't keep going with it.

Think of the potential tradeoffs.

There is a small % chance that the world is going to end this year. But over a 30+ year timeline, that % chance is nearly 100.

Is it worth the risk of wasting the few years of your life left, or maybe the few years of normalcy left, just to have a comma on your bank statement?

This was excellent, let no goon tell you otherwise.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

BootStrap posted:

When they drop that bomb
With the greatest of aplomb
When your rad count's getting higher
Hurry, don't delay
I'll hold you close and kiss those
Radiation burns away

To my loving arms
Through the rain of Strontium-90
Think about your hero
When you're at Ground Zero

You know what I mean
'Cause they said this bomb was clean
If you cannot find the way
Just listen for my song
I'll love you all your life
Although that may not be too long

To my loving arms
While those ICBM's keep us free
When you hear me call out
Baby, kick the wall out

frankly this was the least likable song in FO4

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
If you believe the world as you know it is about to end, he's right and it's idiotic to keep doing things that would only bring you benefits in a situation that no longer applies
if you dont believe that the world is going to end and are just hyperventilating about your panic attacks on the internet, E/N is just a few forums up in the list.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Calaveron posted:

North Korea literally does not have 1 percent of the number of nukes that Russia did at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis, and they are a small country with no real practical means to prevent the US and its allies from bombing it into cinders, particularly if nukes are on the table. Trump could follow through on the fire promises if he wanted. The problems are that we can't deliver that fire fast enough to stop NK from absolutely ruining Seoul (one of the most populous cities on the planet), alongside possibly Tokyo or in the worst conceivable scenario a single American target before they're annihilated. Plus, of course, there's a lot of civillians in North Korea who really haven't done anything deserving of being incinerated in a frantic blitzkrieg.

That's all hideously terrible and it all also pales in comparison to the actual literal extinction event that a full nuclear exchange between the US and Russia would amount to.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

guys i just learned im not immortal and will one day die should i quit my job

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pembroke Fuse posted:

There is a small difference between *me* dying and *pretty much everyone* dying.

From your perspective, not really. Either way you're dead.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Vietnom nom nom posted:

So obviously the way he repeated those words ("fire & fury") with special emphasis means they were put in his mouth, the question is who was it? Doesn't sound like something Kelly or Mattis would say, no way it's Tillerson at State. Has to be Bannon? I thought he bends more isolationist. Miller? Some sort of periphery guy like Gorka?

I think he's just been catching up on Game of Thrones

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

JawKnee posted:

he said, posting on the SA Forums

I don't believe that the world is ending until 2029, when the prophesied return of the Shabob will occur. I won't have to start preparations for the unending hell-war until 2027 at the latest.

Please don't try to convince me that this is not true.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/895013844896030720

gently caress it, we'll do it live

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vietnom nom nom posted:

So obviously the way he repeated those words ("fire & fury") with special emphasis means they were put in his mouth, the question is who was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Blitz7x posted:

When they find my charred skeleton in the rubble of what used to be my office I hope I'm in a position of dignity

masturbating_pompeii_man.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0OVHcIMh0

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

guys i just learned im not immortal and will one day die should i quit my job

what's your job?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Majorian posted:

It is, but it didn't take much material for the AQ Khan Network to sell North Korea a nuclear program in the first place.

The start up material would be meaningless compared to the technology and knowledge that NK can sell.

Also I'm pretty sure you're wrong that the "AQ Khan Network" sold NK meaningful amounts of fissile material. Seeing how the NK nuclear program started in the 1950s and they've had indigenous sources of plutonium since the 1980s. What's your source for that info?

Edit: yeah this seems like an IP trade like I was describing as the real risk. Pakistan got Missile tech and NK got enrichment tech.

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 8, 2017

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Calaveron posted:

They don't really seem to be able to hit us to begin with. Like Alaska maybe. Cuba, on the other hand, was chosen specifically because it meant missiles could hit large chunks of the USA. Those were missiles that could hit up to thousands of miles away, I think, and were just 90 miles offshore. Also it was done in response to us moving poo poo into Italy and Turkey for basically the same reason.

I mean that's not much comfort to South Korea or Japan, but it means we'll be fine.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Okay now what's this?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Vietnom nom nom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TraSFcARVwM

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Javes posted:

So if sanctions haven't worked so far, and it's clear that the DPRK will eventually be able to put a nuclear warhead on an ICBM, what policy options remain save for nuclear war? Continued sanctions and accept that a rogue state is a nuclear power?

... but enough about Russia.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I thought the world ended five years ago due to the Mayans

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Grouchio posted:

Okay now what's this?

mueller got a twitter DM from trump

brockan
Mar 9, 2014
Sincere or not, this is a legitimate dilemma that I've been thinking about and continue to do so. It's also been one of the reasons why I don't feel like I can morally have children when I hear news about climate change.

And "you could die any day" is a common rebuttal for these fears. But is it really the same as "there is a pretty good chance you will die soon" or "there is a pretty good chance that *everyone* is going to die soon?"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
next week trump will be convinced he can attack pyongyang with his three large dragons

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Tim Whatley posted:

I thought the world ended five years ago due to the Mayans

They forgot to carry the one.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

brockan posted:

Sincere or not, this is a legitimate dilemma that I've been thinking about and continue to do so. It's also been one of the reasons why I don't feel like I can morally have children when I hear news about climate change.

And "you could die any day" is a common rebuttal for these fears. But is it really the same as "there is a pretty good chance you will die soon" or "there is a pretty good chance that *everyone* is going to die soon?"

Get therapy and a CBT workbook from Amazon.

These are irrational beliefs to hold and acting on them will harm your long-term life goals.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Vietnom nom nom posted:

Bannon.
Miller.
Gorka.
Roger Stone.

One of those.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Guys, I just took Leon off ignore because of his consistent quality posting. please don't discourage more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

The world is just as far from nuclear Armageddon today has it has been for the last 50 years.

Stop spazzing out.

• Locked thread