Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sarcopenia posted:

Apropos ugly facepaint and languages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9kif_LP6WM

Little boy directs how he wants his face painted and his biggest request is that it has to look cool.
At the end he repeatedly says "It doesn't look cool. It doesn't look cool at all"

He's right, that was some lame rear end poo poo on his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

TopHatGenius posted:

Since the video game griefing thread is closed down and I can't think of anywhere else to put this, DanielFromSL just dropped an update and it is glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ZrKehQ_xc

oh my god

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sarcopenia posted:

Apropos ugly facepaint and languages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9kif_LP6WM

Little boy directs how he wants his face painted and his biggest request is that it has to look cool.
At the end he repeatedly says "It doesn't look cool. It doesn't look cool at all"

Lmao

Enos Cabell posted:

He's right, that was some lame rear end poo poo on his face.

To be fair to the facepainter, his request was all over the place & she probably did the best she could with it

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

axolotl farmer posted:

Here's a handy chart: "The directed graph of stereotypical incomprehensibility"

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Besesoth posted:

Hey, remember how last week an anonymous Google employee posted an anti-diversity manifesto?

His name's James Damore, and he's been straight-up fired.
Anybody who puts that many spurious claims about large groups of people with zero citations doesn't deserve to work at Google. (I seriously might be angrier about the lack of research than what he actually said.)

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I had no idea sweat-drops could reproduce.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

There but for the grace of god I would have founded facebook

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/fPClCkI.gifv

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

It was named by the people who thought this was funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7hSGTsxEoY

I agree that MST3K isn't very funny, but I don't think their fans were responsible for the name "Chinese Whispers."

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

TopHatGenius posted:

Since the video game griefing thread is closed down and I can't think of anywhere else to put this, DanielFromSL just dropped an update and it is glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ZrKehQ_xc

Spent lunch at my desk watching this. I have no idea what the Hell's even going on but this is amazing.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

[img-preacher-where-is-your-neck.gif]

the US military can now shoot down consumer drones that stray too close to military bases

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/08/08/us_military_drone_shoot_down_policy_dji_ban/

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Elizabethan Error posted:

the US military can now shoot down consumer drones that stray too close to military bases

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/08/08/us_military_drone_shoot_down_policy_dji_ban/

How did they not have the right to do this before?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

If the military took out your toy drone that was flying too close to a base, do you think anyone would care if you complained?

They're just putting it in writing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm wondering if it's more to cover their rear end in case they shoot at a domestic drone and miss and take out a random family's station wagon parked 2 miles beyond it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm wondering if it's more to cover their rear end in case they shoot at a domestic drone and miss and take out a random family's station wagon parked 2 miles beyond it.

I hardly think they'll be using RPGs or SAMs to shoot down consumer drones.

Probably small arms so it's more likely they'll kill a random pedestrian a half mile away.

e: they should use falcons, I know there are some schad clips in the thread of raptors doing exactly this.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SubponticatePoster posted:

I hardly think they'll be using RPGs or SAMs to shoot down consumer drones.

Probably not, but you know they want to.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

e: they should use falcons, I know there are some schad clips in the thread of raptors doing exactly this.

See that would be badass

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Probably something about "due process." Trespassing isn't usually dealt with by the destruction of someone's property.

They'll probably be turning on jammers and having drones just fall out of the sky.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Phanatic posted:

Probably something about "due process." Trespassing isn't usually dealt with by the destruction of someone's property.

They'll probably be turning on jammers and having drones just fall out of the sky.

I was in a pleasure craft that strayed into military waters one time (Chesapeake bay) and even though there's no lines, they wasted no time sending out a boat with a gunner at the ready. And in the case of military, trespassing is tantamount to espionage, so I wouldn't think they'd give it much thought.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Probably not, but you know they want to.
Hell, I don't work for the military and I want to. I imagine it's even more tempting if you actually have access to said RPGs and SAMs.

orange sky posted:

See that would be badass
:agreed: Some airports hire falconers to come out and have their birds harass away waterfowl so they don't cause problems. This is more effective than shooting or poisoning, and much better on the environment. Essentially, birds of prey are cool and also quite useful!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

I was in a pleasure craft that strayed into military waters one time (Chesapeake bay) and even though there's no lines, they wasted no time sending out a boat with a gunner at the ready. And in the case of military, trespassing is tantamount to espionage, so I wouldn't think they'd give it much thought.

Note that they did not destroy your boat.

Trespassing is not tantamount to espionage. There are millions of acres of military base you can completely inadvertently walk upon. Try to get into Area 51, or Pantex, yes, you'll attract the attention of very serious men with guns, but walking into Fort Indiantown Gap or some other 4th-tier guard facility isn't tantamount to espionage. Also note that the whole 4th amendment thing where the government can't just take or seize or destroy your property because it feels like it, even applies in cases of espionage.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also I guess they don't want any unmanned domestic drones straying into the path of any of their aircraft and getting sucked into a turbine

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Essentially, birds of prey are cool
And they know it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Elizabethan Error posted:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTNKGK7hVhY

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The real schaden about that google guy is going to be when he wins his lawsuit against Google for unlawfully firing him. Speech about your work conditions is a protected thing in California!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Phanatic posted:

Note that they did not destroy your boat.

Trespassing is not tantamount to espionage. There are millions of acres of military base you can completely inadvertently walk upon. Try to get into Area 51, or Pantex, yes, you'll attract the attention of very serious men with guns, but walking into Fort Indiantown Gap or some other 4th-tier guard facility isn't tantamount to espionage. Also note that the whole 4th amendment thing where the government can't just take or seize or destroy your property because it feels like it, even applies in cases of espionage.

Counterpoint: Most drones being flown on public property are a nuisance and should be shot down on sight, then the debris force-fed to the """pilot"""

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ugh its Troika posted:

The real schaden about that google guy is going to be when he wins his lawsuit against Google for unlawfully firing him. Speech about your work conditions is a protected thing in California!

Would a defence of creating hostile work environment be a rebuttal?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

ugh its Troika posted:

Something tells me "women can't focus on things because they have girlie parts" isn't a work condition.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ugh its Troika posted:

Lmao disrespecting your co-workers absolutely is not protected, DOUBLY so when its based on a protected class. (Race / Gender / Age etc.)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Is that him? Because that's more or less exactly how I expected him to look.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Would a defence of creating hostile work environment be a rebuttal?

Abso-loving-lutely.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Abso-loving-lutely.

It's not that simple.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/07/it-may-be-illegal-for-google-to-punish-engineer-over-anti-diversity-memo-commentary.html

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Weatherman posted:

Counterpoint: Most drones being flown on public property are a nuisance and should be shot down on sight, then the debris force-fed to the """pilot"""

Went to a conference where the FAA talked about drone operator privileges and limitations. IIRC it is illegal to fly drones over people, and I don't think there are any exceptions. Worth a double check in the FARs, but you can probably get them fined, and if they aren't licensed to fly it you can get them double fined

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I loving hate drones, and I can't believe humanity has given up on privacy to such an extent.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/nxthompson/status/895040404348743680

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

I loving hate drones, and I can't believe humanity has given up on privacy to such an extent.

Don't feel too bad. Most of them are hobbyists or idiots taking video and posting it to Facebook or YouTube. They're basically giving the FAA all the evidence they need to levy huge fines against them. There are retired pilots out there that trawl the internet and report all the dummies they can find.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
They are cool for some stuff, like my mom's thinking of getting one to do flyovers of her farmland to spot stuff, but yea spying on people and generally being a tit isn't a good thing. They do give us the aeriel version of dashcam vids though, so that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Even if you are the world's rightest boy I think it's hard to see someone beating Google in court. Though I guess there's lots of times you hear about settlements before things reach a hearing.

I'm not saying DaMore is the world's rightest boy but plenty of time people who are totally in the right are just ground through the legal system by a big company who can keep things stalling until they have no money for legal fees.