Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D_Smart posted:

It tried that once. Once.

Once you deserialize it, you can try it a second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

hot balls man no homo posted:

quote:

This would be a good cover for Sunk Cost Galaxy: The Star Citizen Story

Way ahead of you: https://www.wired.com/2015/03/fans-dropped-77m-guys-buggy-half-built-game/ (2015)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's a bit mean spirited. But I'd love to have them cut the live stream off early at gamescon due to booing and hecklers

That would go a long way to finally putting the nail in crobberts coffin

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/895017767409209349

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Is it ELE yet?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Oh please not again ....

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

90 days tops?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
if you just warn of the ele every two weeks you cant be wrong

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Is it ELE yet?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81W8tG3wH_4

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Anything good since Friday? 1700 posts is a lot of ground to cover TIA

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tomorrow is my birthday, if I don't get an ELE, I will go full WTFO and go through Derek's twitter history and drink a shot for every twitter message about CIG he wrote that didn't come true!!!

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

tuo posted:

Tomorrow is my birthday, if I don't get an ELE, I will go full WTFO and go through Derek's twitter history and drink a shot for every twitter message about CIG he wrote that didn't come true!!!

1-800-273-8255

We care about you

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I linked the WTFo meltdown video once, and it's over 1,800 views. What the gently caress?

I expected like 30-50 views on that poo poo.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Even Frogbear would do a better job at this... The most trivial of marketing duties, tweeting updates, somehow exceeds their grasp.

XK posted:

Did they read my mocking posts about this?

I think whoever is running the marketing account is taking the piss, at least a little.

Ahhh, the old inverse troll technique at play, ehhh?

Nah, we may have seen something like that with glaring-at-the-camera-through-shades while tim-tam face-stuffing-with-a-hatesmile-on a while back. I think the above is bubbling up from the same natural spring that has trouble pronouncing "hhholograms", thinks the "S" in "SEO" stands for "strategic", and learned what "Evocati" was live on-camera while punching the clock for an hour slumming on a show for spacenerds to earn that sweet, six-figure paycheck that funds the pursuit of better acting gigs elsewhere.

On that note:

66 Days Until "American Satan" hits theaters.
(Friday the 13th because evil.)

On a counterpoint (per doingitwrong):
Melina Juergens and Ninja Theory really do deserve major props all around. Ninja Theory's willingness to bet on a team player with natural talent, her willingness to fiercely commit to a risky part and carry a title to launch. The collaborative R&D partnership with 3Lateral and Cubic Motion to break open the narrow bottlenecks of motion capture for gaming. It's just really satisfying to see nimble, innovative studios pushing tech forward, taking genre risks, trusting in their teams and partners and it all building towards the payoff they appear to really deserve.

Virtual Captain posted:

Guard Frequency Episode 179 | CIG, Lies and Videotape http://guardfrequency.com/179

Mental Gymnastics & lols:
16:15 - "CIG always lies" "Chris Roberts always lies" but it's a good thing because,
19:30 - [CONCERN] Uhh where's mining? 3.0 is supposedly 6 weeks away and we haven't seen any gameplay of Trading or Cargo
27:00 - Chris is a perfectionist, but only on visual stuff. Bugs are fine

GuardFrequency is walking an uneasy line, trying to be diplomatic about dismal truth. Really, it's hitting all the streamers and SC news outlets. The tribalism is too entrenched in the community to tolerate much open criticism. So the voices of record not on payola all have to make the same choice between focusing on Star Citizen's bright Future and dark Past. It's that simple.

WTFO is breaking bad, Jake, Dolvak and Astropub are halfway to Heretic in spirit, and GuardFrequency, while consistently civil and diplomatic, haven't been that shy about taking occasional shots. While at this point even Evangelicals and Zealots agree "Chris is terrible with dates", "Chris has gotten a lot of things wrong", they're in the "none dare call it lying" camp and they will not tolerate those who do. There is another explanation, of course, Chris is incompetent, but they won't tolerate that either and instead fall back to the safety of "Game Development is hard!"

GuardFrequency hit on two huge and threatening points, Chris's dishonesty being the more provocative. But the far more troubling fact they noted is that his perfectionism is exacted only over the visual aspects of his games. In Alpha. Mechanics are TBD and have been for years, in Alpha. Stability, performance, VR, the rest are just problems to worry about in Beta.

These sorts of points are worth driving home and fully exploring, but for GF to do so would cost them Believers, Evangelics and Zealots, a big part of their listenership to date. The more partial you are to dreams, the more deeply the truth cuts, and GF already got some unhappy responses:

Some Guy With Parappa the Rapper Syndrome posted:

"Hey can anyone let me know if guard frequency has started taking a fair, reasonable, and positive approach to CIG's work or are they still parading cynical reactions to whatever imaginary audience they think wants to hear it every week? Thanks. Love the show but constantly piling on the project gets a bit old."

"Tell me more about the bright future and less about the dark past, becuz I gotta believe!"

(Sorry to word wall, friends.)

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Beautiful, should have sent a publisher

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Nurse!! He's awake again!!

;)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

XK posted:

I linked the WTFo meltdown video once, and it's over 1,800 views. What the gently caress?

I expected like 30-50 views on that poo poo.

Could you post the link again, kind sir? I missed it and didn't find it in your post history. Thanks in advance

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

i mean, lets be honest. citizens are gonna fund this to the end of the year at least. the most dangerous time seems to be the first 8 months of the year

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

and im glad of it

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I got like half of PGabz average views with that garbage. Now I keep getting a "(9)" in front of my youtube tabs because of people commenting on it.

SC is causing me grief.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

lol is DS still using "ELE" without a shred of irony?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I don't believe in the promises of our leader Derek Smart anymore

XK
Jul 9, 2001

tuo posted:

Could you post the link again, kind sir? I missed it and didn't find it in your post history. Thanks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlacl84JNVA&t=428s

7:08, in case time link doesn't work.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

XK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlacl84JNVA&t=428s

7:08, in case time link doesn't work.

Thank you very much!

E: drat, video is not available :/

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Truga posted:

From the that which sleeps thread

"Yo, Pharoah, God is getting mad about the way you've been doing things. There's gunna be plagues if you don't-."
"Yeah, whatever."

*various plagues later*

"Subjects, subjects! Locusts are to be expected at this time of the year, it's a good thing really, you have to have faith! Where are you going? On some kind of Exodus? DIRTY LEAVERS!"

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Unda da sea, unda da sea

lolling from my clamshell paradise that I bought for a hundred bucks

XK
Jul 9, 2001

tuo posted:

Thank you very much!

E: drat, video is not available :/

Did you get a region lockout?

I PM'd you something. Let me know if it works.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Sappo569 posted:

Oh please not again ....

The ELE is recursive.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Thoatse posted:

¡ʇɐɥdoʇ ǝǝɹɟ

Oh, and it was this that allowed me to post again, thank you for freeing me from my summoning circle

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i got a feeling this is it and not just another derek smart ELE false alarm

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

TwO wEEkS

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Percelus posted:

i got a feeling this is it and not just another derek smart ELE false alarm

One could only hope.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

loving :lol:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

OK, Hellblade stream's going up in a few mins folks.

https://www.twitch.tv/xaerael_endiel

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Derek's trolling is so high level even you SA regulars can't grasp it.

I'm only half joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Xaerael posted:

OK, Hellblade stream's going up in a few mins folks.

https://www.twitch.tv/xaerael_endiel

Hellblade is good. loving gorgeous in 4k too.