Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Almost all he ever does here is poo poo his pants and smear it all over his keyboard. It's not that he is criticising GW, it is that he's doing it yet again and his criticism is asinine.

For gently caress sake. They are two distinct things. One is integrated into the Terminator suit, and the other is a loving keyring fob. If you keep making GBS threads yourself at this rate you're going to end up having a prolapse.

Lately (relatively speaking) there's been a massive up-tick in people schooching across the thread like a dog with worms

Lovely Joe Stalin all you ever do is post gross as gently caress poo poo. Stop, please?

Seriously you only have like 8 posts in this thread and they're all disgusting as gently caress and have nothing to do with 40k.

You need help dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Booley posted:

Is the fire raptor kit painful to build? I've heard that the storm eagle is usually very warped, but haven't heard much about the raptor.

Mine wasn't too bad. There was a slight bend in one of the side pieces that wasn't an issue once it was glued into place, and one spot I needed to use GS to fill a gap.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Booley posted:

Is the fire raptor kit painful to build? I've heard that the storm eagle is usually very warped, but haven't heard much about the raptor.

It was a moderate pain in the rear end, and I ordered mine after they improved the shipping process. The middle sections came rubber-banded to cardboard, which I guess helped but they were still warped. I needed a bunch of green stuff to fill gaps around the forward section and I found it easier to just break the sides in the middle where the gunner positions are and glue/fill the gaps than to try and re-shape them to fit the length of the craft.

Everything else was pretty OK, though.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Booley posted:

We've had two warped raptors out of the 5ish that are in the group.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

TheChirurgeon posted:

Thanks!

It's all freehand. I prime/paint the tank black, do the edges with Mechanicus Standard Grey, and then start painting the star. I usually do the center line for each branch first, and I'll use a business card or whatever's handy to get perpendicular lines, but that's about as much technical perfection as I'm willing to work for. It helps that I paint the symbols ragged and ripped, because I can use that to hide imperfections in the

FUUUUUUUCK

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

chutche2 posted:

Didn't notice until I got the pictures that the one guy's hair got a smudge on it at some point but gently caress it not going back outside

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the THUNDER EATERS. You must use RAKARTH FLESH and are banned from using WAAAGH! Flesh.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

My favorite thing about TheChirurghams is looking at the models he painted in loving middle school and realizing that I will never be that good. It's honestly worse than the fact that I get creamed in every game we play. The dude has got no mercy.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

ANAmal.net posted:

My favorite thing about TheChirurghams is looking at the models he painted in loving middle school and realizing that I will never be that good. It's honestly worse than the fact that I get creamed in every game we play. The dude has got no mercy.

Says the man who beat 6 goons simultaneously. Do not believe this man's lies.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SRM posted:

Get that better one out tomorrow and I'll add it to the OP, that rules.

https://giphy.com/gifs/g7O6N0G65K5SU/html5

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Your son is awesome, you are awesome for being an awesome Dad, everything about this is awesome and should be shared everywhere.

Thanks! You'll see him (and I) at NOVA if you're going.

panascope posted:

What kind of horrible parent gets their kid hooked on plastic - or god forbid resin - krokodil?

Other way around- I had been on the wagon since about mid 2001 when he came to me one afternoon a couple years ago asking if I had ever heard of Warhammer. It was over at that moment.

Geoff Zahn posted:

Do you have an imgur album with all your beastman pics? My buddy loves them in Fantasy / AoS and would love to see your guard versions.

Here's a shot of all that are "done"

And an album of things done as well as in progress

http://imgur.com/a/a1Uqp

You're raising that boy right.

You should see the size of his chaos army.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 8, 2017

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Felime posted:

Says the man who beat 6 goons simultaneously. Do not believe this man's lies.

Beating six goons is like beating six 4 year olds. Try not to trip over that bar.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Naramyth posted:

Beating six goons is like beating six 4 year olds. Try not to trip over that bar.

What if I told you everyone else was sobered up to drive home while anamal was still pounding them (it was his house)?

He's just trying to lull you all into a false sense of security.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Zuul the Cat posted:

Do any of you guys ever play music while hamming it up with your friends for garagehammer? I have a couple soundtracks that I rotate, so i thought I'd share. I use:

- The Dawn of War II soundtrack by Doyle W. Donehoo. He also did one called The Wages of Treason which is really epic and appropriate for Warhammer.
- The Starship Troopers soundtrack, obviously.
- Lastly, sometimes when I'm playing against my friends Guard army i'll throw on The Best of the Red Army Choir. He very much appreciates it.

It has a stupid name to the video, but it's about as epic as it can get. I might have seen this either in this thread or the YouTube thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RHyMEDNH-4

The Dawn of War II soundtrack is a good idea, so is the movie soundtrack channel on Pandora.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

It has a stupid name to the video, but it's about as epic as it can get. I might have seen this either in this thread or the YouTube thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RHyMEDNH-4

The Dawn of War II soundtrack is a good idea, so is the movie soundtrack channel on Pandora.

Oh man this is real good. Thanks for this.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Thanks!

It's all freehand. I prime/paint the tank black, do the edges with Mechanicus Standard Grey, and then start painting the star. I usually do the center line for each branch first, and I'll use a business card or whatever's handy to get perpendicular lines, but that's about as much technical perfection as I'm willing to work for. It helps that I paint the symbols ragged and ripped, because I can use that to hide imperfections in the lines.

I start a coat with Averlund Sunset, then do a few coats of Flash Gitz Yellow over top of that. I usually map out the notches/indents while I'm doing that, but when I've finished with the yellow I'll clean up the edges with Abaddon black and add a few more tears/notches and holes.

Other examples:

Dude, this is free hand!? I'm excited when I get the separation lines straight on my Howling Griffons.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TheChirurgeon posted:

Thanks!

It's all freehand. I prime/paint the tank black, do the edges with Mechanicus Standard Grey, and then start painting the star. I usually do the center line for each branch first, and I'll use a business card or whatever's handy to get perpendicular lines, but that's about as much technical perfection as I'm willing to work for. It helps that I paint the symbols ragged and ripped, because I can use that to hide imperfections in the lines.

I start a coat with Averlund Sunset, then do a few coats of Flash Gitz Yellow over top of that. I usually map out the notches/indents while I'm doing that, but when I've finished with the yellow I'll clean up the edges with Abaddon black and add a few more tears/notches and holes.

Other examples:

:drat:

Thassa nice army.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone here actually know what points cost I use for a power fist in a blood angel army? GW has said that I can use codex space marines datasheets for any units that I can take off the SM index, but they haven't clarified anywhere what set of points to use for them. Since C:SM supersedes the space marines datasheets and points list from the index, and is the newest set of points for that equipment, it makes sense to me to use the points from the codex, but people on bolter&chainsword claim that since we're not a codex chapter we don't use those points values, just the datasheets.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
GW explicitly stated that there was no need for non-codex chapters to buy the vanilla codex unless you wanted to have the datasheets for the new primaris units all in one place. I would love cheaper power fists but it seems pretty clear that we use index point costs until the full codex is released.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I updated the costs in my index. I just make sure to tell my opponent that I've done so. No one has had any issues with it yet and I left any Dark Angels-specific units alone. I didn't adjust the base cost of Ravenwing bikers, for example, even though regular bikers decreased in cost. However, I did change wargear prices to reflect the new codex so standard Deathwing terminators come out a fair bit less. I'm also not using any of the stratagems, warlord traits, etc. out of the main codex even though I'm pretty sure there'll be some overlap in the final product.

That's how I'm going to handle it until GW says something definitive.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

I updated the costs in my index. I just make sure to tell my opponent that I've done so. No one has had any issues with it yet and I left any Dark Angels-specific units alone. I didn't adjust the base cost of Ravenwing bikers, for example, even though regular bikers decreased in cost. However, I did change wargear prices to reflect the new codex so standard Deathwing terminators come out a fair bit less. I'm also not using any of the stratagems, warlord traits, etc. out of the main codex even though I'm pretty sure there'll be some overlap in the final product.

That's how I'm going to handle it until GW says something definitive.

That's totally fair, but to me it feels like house-ruling. Well, to be completely honest part of this for me is coming down to the fact that I am completely dependent on Battlescribe for list building and don't want to be bothered to have that conversation with my opponents before every match.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Ayn Marx posted:

There's pretty much a holy trinity of shitposters here nowadays :v

Who would you consider them to be

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

How about we don't go down that path? It will only ever lead to thread drama. The only people I personally have on ignore are the ones that don't even seem to do anything 40k related other than thread-poo poo- this does not include you.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I have to admit I was really goddamn antsy about the Chaos codex but the leaks coming out have mostly pacified me and I'll probably just remain a little bitter over the perpetual Chaos-shaming from Games Workshop but I can live with it

HOWEVER I would unironically want Codex: Alpha Legion

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

goose willis posted:

I have to admit I was really goddamn antsy about the Chaos codex but the leaks coming out have mostly pacified me and I'll probably just remain a little bitter over the perpetual Chaos-shaming from Games Workshop but I can live with it

HOWEVER I would unironically want Codex: Alpha Legion

What Chaos Shaming. They are heavily promoting them.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

goose willis posted:

You know he means you, I don't really put people on ignore, but I have to agree you and a few others could improve. On the plus side it isn't Hollismason level or anything...

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Is there anything restricting retailers from selling 40k on Amazon? There's a huge dearth of 40k products there. I know it wasn't all that long ago that online sales were banned in Canada and the US, but you can buy online from other stores easy enough now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MonsterEnvy posted:

What Chaos Shaming. They are heavily promoting them.

Chaos, Tyranid and Ork players have been shafted for literal years, I think some grumbling is understandable until we really see how things play out in 8th. Please understand :)

Mortanis posted:

Is there anything restricting retailers from selling 40k on Amazon? There's a huge dearth of 40k products there. I know it wasn't all that long ago that online sales were banned in Canada and the US, but you can buy online from other stores easy enough now.

With the way online sales used to be banned anybody who gets pretty big stock probably doesn't want to upset them in any way. There is lots of random 40k stock on amazon but mostly older kits because its not people getting regular shipments direct from GW.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 9, 2017

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I just feel that this thread needs some alternative opinions outside the mainstream of slowly fellating Roboute Guilliman because compared to other 40k forums out there the SA 40k thread is hilariously biased towards the Imperial factions

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

I just feel that this thread needs some alternative opinions outside the mainstream of slowly fellating Roboute Guilliman because compared to other 40k forums out there the SA 40k thread is hilariously biased towards the Imperial factions
https://www.bolterandchainsword.com

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

I got an opindioned for u m8. Your a oval office!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Regarde Aduck posted:

I got an opindioned for u m8. Your a oval office!

lmao dude nice first post here

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

goose willis posted:

I got an opinion for you--- I enjoy reading this thread even if people disagree, and if I met any of you in real life, I would buy you a beer. Whatever the cheapest beer is, since I spend too much money on this game.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I got an opinion for you--- I enjoy reading this thread even if people disagree, and if I met any of you in real life, I would buy you a beer. Whatever the cheapest beer is, since I spend too much money on this game.

What he said.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
What is with the new Primaris marines and their obsession with keys?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Cawl, probably. He's got that big holy keyring.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

This right here is the best opinion

Although I have to say the chaos book is looking excited, they got me excited with Traitor legions in 7th and now they are gonna hook me again.

I like the idea that I can run several smaller detachments if I wanted to and have a bunch of chaos legions teamed up together :D

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Under 8th, can you use chapter/legion/whatever rules for each individual force organization chart you take? Like can I have Alpha Legion with one list "allied" to a second list of Death Guard and they'll all use the appropriate rules?

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

So I've been having a weird problem with my Dark Imperium Poxwalkers, of which I have 3 sets of 20 - I could not attach the arms correctly to 2 out of 6 of a specific model's body. Not a big deal, contact GW about a miscast, they send replacements. The first replacement fits correctly, but they only sent one. Contact them again, and they send another replacement, which for some reason does not assemble correctly.

I dry fitted the arms from a correct model onto an incorrect - the issue is in the body, which made me examine them in comparison a bit more closely. I took a picture and sent it with explanation to GW.

Am I missing something or going crazy? I have 5 correct bodies, but 3 incorrect, all incorrect in the same subtle way. The arms appear to be identical. I'm sure GW will help me out, but this particular defect just struck me as a bit bizarre. Anyone else see this in their DI?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Zaphod42 posted:

Lovely Joe Stalin all you ever do is post gross as gently caress poo poo. Stop, please?

Seriously you only have like 8 posts in this thread and they're all disgusting as gently caress and have nothing to do with 40k.

You need help dude.

I've been posting in the GW threads on SA for a long time. I post less nowadays because this iteration of the thread is punctuated almost daily by insipid whining about things of no consequence and even less merit. Tantrums thrown like piss in the wind, these ill-conceived excoriations come with the regularity of a cuckoo clock. Popping out on the hour, but in place of the eponymous bird is a sticky dildo springing into the eye of the unfortunate reader.

If you don't like my posts then by all means, continue sending me PMs pointing out my errors. At least while you're doing that you aren't posting in here. I'll consider it a noble sacrifice on my part. An act of loveliness for the sake of the greater good.
In the meantime, to address the criticism that I haven't been contributing sufficiently of late, here's some fluff I've just written for those of us excited by the upcoming Chaos Marines codex.

Slaaneshi champions are oft known to go into battle with the hallowed relic that is a cumpkin. To make a cumpkin you must first carve a jack-o'-lantern and then have between six and eighteen cultists perform an onanistic ritual into said jack-o'-lantern. Upon the last of them achieving completion the champion then steps forward to lift the now brimming cumpkin high to present it to his warband, before placing it over his head to be worn into battle as his sticky aegis.

Nurgle is an advocate, and indeed inventor, of the act of munging. What is munging you ask? Well now, after you've had a hard day at the front sometimes you and your buddies want to let off a little steam. So, first go with three or four of your pals to find a corpse. Find the freshest grave, or mulchiest unburied corpse of a woman. Have a good old go on her. Afterwards, one of your band, puts their mouth over the vagina. Everyone else takes it in turn to jump on the corpse's stomach, queefing all the cum and maggots and ichor into that person's mouth. They swallow it. Refreshing!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 17, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

goose willis posted:

Under 8th, can you use chapter/legion/whatever rules for each individual force organization chart you take? Like can I have Alpha Legion with one list "allied" to a second list of Death Guard and they'll all use the appropriate rules?

Yeah.

Well, with chapters you can so I assume legions can as well.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I've been posting in the GW threads on SA for a long time. I post less nowadays because this iteration of the thread is punctuated almost daily by insipid whining about things of no consequence and even less merit. Tantrums thrown like piss in the wind, these ill-conceived excoriations come with the regularity of a cuckoo clock. Popping out on the hour, but in place of the eponymous bird is a sticky dildo springing into the eye of the unfortunate reader.

If you don't like my posts then by all means, continue sending me PMs pointing out my errors. At least while you're doing that you aren't posting in here. I'll consider it a noble sacrifice on my part. An act of loveliness for the sake of the greater good.
In the meantime, to address the criticism that I haven't been contributing sufficiently of late, here's some fluff I've just written for those of us excited by the upcoming Chaos Marines codex.

Slaaneshi champions are oft known to go into battle with the hallowed relic that is a cumpkin. To make a cumpkin you must first carve a jack-o'-lantern and then have between six and eighteen cultists perform an onanistic ritual into said jack-o'-lantern. Upon the last of them achieving completion the champion then steps forward to lift the now brimming cumpkin high to present it to his warband, before placing it over his head to be worn into battle as his sticky aegis.

Nurgle is an advocate, and indeed inventor, of the act of munging. What is munging you ask? Well now, after you've had a hard day at the front sometimes you and your buddies want to let off a little steam. So, first go with three or four of your pals to find a corpse. Find the freshest grave, or mulchiest unburied corpse of a woman. Have a good old go on her. Afterwards, one of your band, puts their mouth over the vagina. Everyone else takes it in turn to jump on the corpse's stomach, queefing all the cum and maggots and ichor into that person's mouth. They swallow it. Refreshing!

:master:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

parabolic posted:

Am I missing something or going crazy? I have 5 correct bodies, but 3 incorrect, all incorrect in the same subtle way. The arms appear to be identical. I'm sure GW will help me out, but this particular defect just struck me as a bit bizarre. Anyone else see this in their DI?

To my layman's eye that looks like a major defect in the mould itself.