Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Gem type itself only matters to the extent that a few cannot be levelled beyond a certain point, with Boon of the Hoarder being the most obvious example. (And possibly the only one as I can't think of any others right now. :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

MMAgCh posted:

Gem type itself only matters to the extent that a few cannot be levelled beyond a certain point, with Boon of the Hoarder being the most obvious example. (And possibly the only one as I can't think of any others right now. :v:)

Boon: 50
Esoteric: 100
Gogok: 150
Iceblink: 50
Mutilation Guard: 100

For the vast majority of us only the caps at 50 will be relevant this season, of course.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
A level 50 hoarder gem is a key component of drat near every speed farming build, don't use it to augment anything.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Welp, I got Carnevil and the dagger that makes fetish blow darts and my own darts pierce enemies. Thanks, Katamari Democracy, now my fetishes are burning through everything with zunimassa's set.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

I've cleared GR70 something with Rathma+Jesseth and singularity mages, and I like it well enough but I'm looking to change things up a bit. I've got all the other Necro sets, as well as most necro legendaries in my stash, and I'm ready to get weird with it. Which necro build has been the most fun to play for you guys?

Shags
Jun 16, 2010

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-bone-storm-build-with-inarius-set-patch-2-6-season-11
This is my favourite build so far.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Star Man posted:

Remember when Tasker and Theo and Ice Climbers had sockets and Manticore could have two sockets as their legendary mods?

I miss that.

hey star man, really bad post. cya.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

ovenboy posted:

I've cleared GR70 something with Rathma+Jesseth and singularity mages, and I like it well enough but I'm looking to change things up a bit. I've got all the other Necro sets, as well as most necro legendaries in my stash, and I'm ready to get weird with it. Which necro build has been the most fun to play for you guys?

Trag w/ pets and Inarius w/ CE have been my two fav Necro builds.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I played for a bit last night, and the first thing that dropped was Vyr's boots, which let me cobble together an archon build that pushed me from struggling at T7, to comfortably killing things in T10/11. I then got several other fortuitous drops that finished the build.

Now I think I just need to spend some time leveling gems and trying to get a weapon upgrade.

And to cap off my night off good fortune, the last thing I did was run T10 Ubers for the season journey, which left me with a puzzle ring to use the next time I log on.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

ovenboy posted:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/93538-inarius-lazystorm-txiii-gr60-70-speedfarm

This inarius build is really chill to play and at least for me carries t13 4player rifts and clears gr70 solo in 4 min. Pretty much my go-to mindless farm build.

You need to gear for lots of crit chance and level up pain enhancer to start doing proper damage though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol I cannot handle this, there is definitely a reforge/crafting cheat on consoles right now, the demon hunter leaderboard is filling up with people with 5+ primals and some dude has 11.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol I cannot handle this, there is definitely a reforge/crafting cheat on consoles right now, the demon hunter leaderboard is filling up with people with 5+ primals and some dude has 11.

A few minutes of googling found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D_z5USdXPU

Not sure if it still works, but this may be the explanation.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Hi All. After years of just playing on my friend's PS3 I finally bought Diablo 3 (PC version) and started a Wizard character, currently playing through campaign. Now despite having played before, I am very new and know very little about the differences between Campaign, seasons, torment, "rifts" or other terms. I've really only ever played the characters my friends have already created, and my knowledge of Diablo is basically (click on monster until it dies, collect loot, repeat). I started reading This guide as well as this thread to get myself aquainted, however was wondering if you guys had any quick tips for a complete newbie.

For reference, I am a wizard character playing on Hard and am only partially into act 1. I haven't beaten the Skeleton King yet. Thanks!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Honestly the SP game does a pretty good job of explaining everything. Just play it, then when you beat it there will be another game mode you can access. That mode is also really good at explaining poo poo in bite sized chunks.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deathbagel posted:

A few minutes of googling found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D_z5USdXPU

Not sure if it still works, but this may be the explanation.

Sort of. There were a few hotfixes between that video and S11 and I can't replicate it using these exact steps but I'm guessing its similar.

rip console seasons :(

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Finally got a tasker and theo last night. I lost track of how many shards/upgrades I did. I was able to squeeze a few more grifts out up to 75. I only have 2 ancient pieces, but also looking to tweak my Rath build. I happened to look at whats hot on the ps4 top 10 and it's riddled with characters with at least 4 primals or more lol.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Hi All. After years of just playing on my friend's PS3 I finally bought Diablo 3 (PC version) and started a Wizard character, currently playing through campaign. Now despite having played before, I am very new and know very little about the differences between Campaign, seasons, torment, "rifts" or other terms. I've really only ever played the characters my friends have already created, and my knowledge of Diablo is basically (click on monster until it dies, collect loot, repeat). I started reading This guide as well as this thread to get myself aquainted, however was wondering if you guys had any quick tips for a complete newbie.

For reference, I am a wizard character playing on Hard and am only partially into act 1. I haven't beaten the Skeleton King yet. Thanks!

Campaign is the story mode, you go through the plot and the cutscenes linearly until you reach the credits. Adventure mode has no plot, you go wherever you want in whatever order you want. You can do bounties which are mini quests that award you a cache once you complete 5 in the same act. Caches contain unique legendaries that can't be acquired anywhere else as well as regular crafting materials and special materials that can't be acquired elsewhere.

Rifts are randomly generated dungeons. Once you killed enough stuff and collected enough progress orbs dropped by elites, a Rift Guardian (RG) spawns. On death the RG pops like a loot pinata and drops Greater Rift Keys (keys). Keys allow you to do Greater Rifts. GRs, unlike rifts, have an infinitely scalable difficulty that isn't tied to the game's difficulty. There is also no loot whatsoever during the GR, only the RG drops anything. The RG will also drop legendary gems that you don't have. Legendary gems are socketed in jewelry and are a huge power boost that should be acquired ASAP. If you finished the GR in less than 15 minutes, you get the opportunity to upgrade your legendary gems with Urshi, the blue lady that appears after the RG dies.

Seasons are simply do-overs. Everyone restarts from scratch. Once the season is over, all your characters and stuff are folded into your NS (non season) characters and stuff.

Some people have recommended this playlist for new or returning players, so you might want to check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwbPMZqkxlP0rREbouYj3WXyAgFpJhrKQ

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Guys I am digging through leaderboards and every Necromancer is TragLance. Where can I find a good Inarius Bonestorm speedbuild? I'm reading all this stuff about 3 Minute GR70 bonestorm clears where you just let your gems kill everything and I'm hitting a ceiling pretty quick with pets.

Also, does the "Blood" rune for Revive work and make the revived dudes do 3300% more damage or do revived guys have a fixed amount of damage based on what they were? re they 'Pets"? do Tasker & Theo effect them?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Guys I am digging through leaderboards and every Necromancer is TragLance.
If you look closely, there are Rathma builds every so often - they're the ones with the shield as opposed to the phylactery.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Finally cleared 70 last night on my Wiz. Judging by my clear time I could have done it days ago.

Also, I feel like every character has a nemesis enemy that just makes life way loving harder. I discovered yesterday that at higher GRs the tongue lashers are absolute bullshit if they are around in significant numbers. I learned my lesson that if they're around you just gotta skip that level. I died at least 6 or 7 times on that particular floor of the rift trying so hard to avoid them and pick off the elite mobs but it was tedious as gently caress.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Bust Rodd posted:

Guys I am digging through leaderboards and every Necromancer is TragLance. Where can I find a good Inarius Bonestorm speedbuild? I'm reading all this stuff about 3 Minute GR70 bonestorm clears where you just let your gems kill everything and I'm hitting a ceiling pretty quick with pets.

Also, does the "Blood" rune for Revive work and make the revived dudes do 3300% more damage or do revived guys have a fixed amount of damage based on what they were? re they 'Pets"? do Tasker & Theo effect them?

It was literally posted about 10 posts up.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/93538-inarius-lazystorm-txiii-gr60-70-speedfarm

This inarius build is really chill to play and at least for me carries t13 4player rifts and clears gr70 solo in 4 min. Pretty much my go-to mindless farm build.

You need to gear for lots of crit chance and level up pain enhancer to start doing proper damage though.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I'm curious what sort of gear DeadlyHalibut has. I blend T13 easily enough with that build in a mix of ancients and normals, for sure. But a GR 70, while doable, is by no means a quick four-minute affair. The RG in particular is a good old fashioned kite and slog until they hit 15% HP and instantly die.

I do agree that it is a good and chill build overall.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Mind over Matter posted:

I'm curious what sort of gear DeadlyHalibut has. I blend T13 easily enough with that build in a mix of ancients and normals, for sure. But a GR 70, while doable, is by no means a quick four-minute affair. The RG in particular is a good old fashioned kite and slog until they hit 15% HP and instantly die.

My profile looks outdated but I have pretty good gear for it, optimal rolls on mostly everything and 4 ancient armor pieces with almost perfect ancient Trag'oul scythe (3100dps, 199% modifier). Level 70 gems. Paragon 750.

I usually run "speed" GRs on 68 instead of 70 since it gets a little hairy just about there.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mind over Matter posted:

Just run the Icy Veins Bone Storm build. If you've got proper double crit gloves and jewelry you'll sleep through 70's. My only recommendation is swapping out the cubed Aquilas for Corpsewhisper. That damage modifier on CW Pauldrens is cumulative while Frostburns is flat. Bosses even at Gr70 disappear in a second or two. Spam decrepify everwhere to make sure you're getting that 1% damage bonus per enemy hit with it. Around GR80 you'll need to go back to Aquilas cubed to stay alive (You can get 3 casts of Decrepify before you nullify the Aquilas ability so you'll have to be a bit more strategic with your Decrepify casts). Around GR85 you'll probably want to ditch the Mirenae for Esoteric but even then that is the upper limit to solo Bone Storm.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 8, 2017

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I've been running Efficacious as my third Bonestorm gem for a while now. Has anyone played with both Mirinae and Efficacious enough to form an opinion on which is a better third slot?

I suppose I could level up Mirinae but :effort:

Here's my current setup

As it stands I smash 70s and breeze through 75. I've done 80 but the rifts just get sort of lame at that level. I've got alternate speedfarm setups and the pushy Bloodlance build but Bonestorm has been my favorite as a jack of all trades because it doesn't rely on cheesing cooldowns and bloodrushing between boss mobs.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Poultron posted:

hey star man, really bad post. cya.

I liked sockets on poo poo like that gently caress you and anyone that looks like you

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Potential BFF posted:

I've been running Efficacious as my third Bonestorm gem for a while now. Has anyone played with both Mirinae and Efficacious enough to form an opinion on which is a better third slot?

I suppose I could level up Mirinae but :effort:

Toxin is going to be better since its a 100% proc of its damage + a small amount of DR. Mirinae hits like a truck but its not reliable and after the nerf its healing factor isn't something you can count on to keep you alive compared to something dedicated like Esoteric.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Star Man posted:

I liked sockets on poo poo like that gently caress you and anyone that looks like you

Sockets on almost everything was neat. Need more of it.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Toxin is going to be better since its a 100% proc of its damage + a small amount of DR. Mirinae hits like a truck but its not reliable and after the nerf its healing factor isn't something you can count on to keep you alive compared to something dedicated like Esoteric.

That is what I figured and pretty much why I didn't bother with Mirinae in the first place. Seemed prudent to ask in case I was missing something.

I have been having poo poo luck grabbing a usable, let alone decent Corroded Fang. I've been messing around with speed CE setups but the Fang/phylactery combo has felt really anemic. Shooting for damage and CDR has been a no-go and just rolling with one of the affixes is lame, especially since none of the offhand orange text is amazing and I'm used to running around with an ancient two-hander.

bij fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 9, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

gently caress you diablo.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

gently caress you diablo.

Elite pack right at the loving door as you enter, or right as you tried to escape?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Elite pack right at the loving door as you enter, or right as you tried to escape?

Right at the entrance, and like a field of enemies so I couldn't even move. Like literally could not walk. See all those deaths? That was me just trying to find the door again so I could get the gently caress out and leave the game.

Anyway, to unlock primals does it matter if I run out of time on GR70 or do I have to complete it proper?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
You have to finish the rift within the time limit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MMAgCh posted:

You have to finish the rift within the time limit.

Well I can definitely do it. Now if only I'd stop getting rifts that were just massive expansive wastes of time where the walk back after one death just erases all my progress.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Well I can definitely do it. Now if only I'd stop getting rifts that were just massive expansive wastes of time where the walk back after one death just erases all my progress.
Revive... at corpse? You'd have to be in reeeeeally deep to not be able to hit a safe space.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

bio347 posted:

Revive... at corpse? You'd have to be in reeeeeally deep to not be able to hit a safe space.

Revive at corpse adds some pretty heavy time penalties though.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Is it adding more time than running back takes?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I gathered 63 bounty caches, then hosed up while opening them and didn't get avarice. Is there some keybind or something that lets me open a cache while it's in the stash or while I have the stash open?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tahirovic posted:

I gathered 63 bounty caches, then hosed up while opening them and didn't get avarice. Is there some keybind or something that lets me open a cache while it's in the stash or while I have the stash open?

Lmao

(Just do a tormentx run through ruins of Corvus wearing goldwrap/avarice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

You can get Avarice pretty easily even on Torment 6. Just get your goldfind to around 10k