Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I tried to do the corvus runs, but without Avarice, its pointless. Thats yet another piece of jewelry that has alluded me this season.

loving stupid how incredibly rare some things are turning out to being this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hobold posted:

I tried to do the corvus runs, but without Avarice, its pointless. Thats yet another piece of jewelry that has alluded me this season.

loving stupid how incredibly rare some things are turning out to being this season.

I did it without the ring, just make sure on your initial run through where you open doors you don't have your non-combat pet out, and bring it out for the real run when you kill everything for gold since it will collect it. It took me a couple of tries but wasn't really a problem. Much easier than the average set dungeon.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Avarice is the one that boosts pickup radius isn't it? That was my issue when attempting it on TX. My pet and I couldn't pick up the gold explosions fast enough.

I think my gold chain ended around 32-34 million. Was just a short version of that map. Not likely to go try again, too pissed off at being stuck at GR68, dying so drat fast, I get 30+ sec added onto the clock every time I revive.

Getting insta-gibbed on respawn because there are 4-5 spear chucking goat fuckers standing in range, blows rear end. I rage quit out of my last attempt when I was like 3 min behind the timer.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

I gathered 63 bounty caches, then hosed up while opening them and didn't get avarice. Is there some keybind or something that lets me open a cache while it's in the stash or while I have the stash open?

You need to dismiss your pet but otherwise I cant see how you can fail doing it, just literally dont move until you've opened them all.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Ah that would have been my mistake then I had the pet out. Ah well I need to reforge more legendaries, so I can use the bounty mats.
Corvus/Fields of misery are too annoying for me really.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Oh Golden Flense, wherefore art thou, you sneaky loving shitweasel of a weapon?
I'm also probably 30k shards deep into gambling for Ancient Parthian Defenders. I got a pair at level 40 or so and cubed them, so it's not a dead loss, just annoying.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Hobold posted:

This might not need to be said, but keep in mind Avarice is one of those rings that only drops from Act 3 bounty caches. Running bounties for materials to reforge things has led to me getting somewhere between 5 or 6 of them and the rings of royal grandeur.

Also wanted to post this, my second primal drop ever has me PUMPED.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Deofuta posted:

This might not need to be said, but keep in mind Avarice is one of those rings that only drops from Act 3 bounty caches. Running bounties for materials to reforge things has led to me getting somewhere between 5 or 6 of them and the rings of royal grandeur.

I've done 10-15 full sets of bounties for mats to throw at reforging. Its just painfully rare this time around.

Also you suck for that ring.

Finally managed to clear 70, after a dozen failures. Hard to get a rift that isn't full of ranged mobs.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Deofuta posted:

That's awesome, never seen one that didn't roll complete poo poo stats.

kingturnip posted:

I'm also probably 30k shards deep into gambling for Ancient Parthian Defenders. I got a pair at level 40 or so and cubed them, so it's not a dead loss, just annoying.

Run bounties until your eyes bleed to get reforge mats for the bracers and db's to upgrade rares for the weapon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A well-rolled primal(!) Compass Rose has to be one of the most statistically unlikely things in all Diablodom.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Do items have different rarities each season? I see a lot of "boy, ____ sure is rare this time!" and I can't tell if it's because they literally nuked the drop rate for Stone of Jordan in season 11 or if it's just people doing the ol RNG QQ

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do items have different rarities each season? I see a lot of "boy, ____ sure is rare this time!" and I can't tell if it's because they literally nuked the drop rate for Stone of Jordan in season 11 or if it's just people doing the ol RNG QQ

Definitely. For example, this season primals have a really high drop rate :q:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

rngqq. I'm swimming in SoJ's. My fiance got a primal one a few nights ago. :v:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Rexxed posted:

I did it without the ring, just make sure on your initial run through where you open doors you don't have your non-combat pet out, and bring it out for the real run when you kill everything for gold since it will collect it. It took me a couple of tries but wasn't really a problem. Much easier than the average set dungeon.

Seconding this. I did it without any kind of pet, even. Just run through to spawn everything then chew your way back from the beginning. Use a hoarder's boon and a gold wrap and make sure you've maxed out your paragon GF. I think I was sitting at around 9k GF?

I think it took me 5 tries or so, but it's very doable. Killing speed isn't really an issue, so bump up from TX if you have to. I think I might have done mine at T12 or T13.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There is no reason to do it at anything above X

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

rngqq. I'm swimming in SoJ's. My fiance got a primal one a few nights ago. :v:

How're those primal Homing Pads treating you?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

lol. I had no idea this was a thing. I'm sure it's old hat in here, but news to me. Time to go revisit my key bindings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAI8s8rft4

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cyrano4747 posted:

lol. I had no idea this was a thing. I'm sure it's old hat in here, but news to me. Time to go revisit my key bindings

This is pretty key in a lot of wizard builds that use Explosive Blast and Orb of Infinite Depth

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Try playing another class that needs a class specific ring and gamble for them. You'll get 100 SOJs before you get the one you really want. :v:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

For DH impale build you can autocast vengeance, companion, and FoK but I've found it easier just to continually mash them so I don't have to fiddle with turning off autocasting when I'm in town

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This is pretty key in a lot of wizard builds that use Explosive Blast and Orb of Infinite Depth

Yeah, this is explaining a LOT of builds to me right now. I can't count the number of times I've watched a video of a build and wondered how the gently caress they were casting that fast.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, this is explaining a LOT of builds to me right now. I can't count the number of times I've watched a video of a build and wondered how the gently caress they were casting that fast.

Yeah, if you're reading any of the IV pages for builds and they say "spam" this is generally what they mean. Kinda sucks for console players and those builds though. :(

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Why Blizzard still haven't added an autocast/repeat feature is beyond me. It'd beat the shitshow that is the Numpad "trick" by a mile and just be a significant QoL improvement overall.

But perhaps they don't have anyone left who could delve into the engine and rejigger stuff to make it work, assuming they'd even want to make the change at all.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
As much as I enjoy Rhyker talking about build guides and all. His newest video I don't find at all appealing to the one I am used to doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc1Sd64faOk

It is almost a piece by piece setup to the one made by Lordfluffy, who in my opinion made a much better speed build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EF4axQFek

With Rhykker you have to pick and choose who to kill due to Corpse lance / Bone armor. With LordFluffy, it's basically the same thing except you just blow up the entire map as you zip along from elite pack to elite pack. Am I the only one who finds this to be a rip off?

Even has the same "I am not really liking using 2m cooldowns due to how fast this runs" deal.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

MMAgCh posted:

Why Blizzard still haven't added an autocast/repeat feature is beyond me. It'd beat the shitshow that is the Numpad "trick" by a mile and just be a significant QoL improvement overall.

But perhaps they don't have anyone left who could delve into the engine and rejigger stuff to make it work, assuming they'd even want to make the change at all.

I discovered the 'numlock trick' only yesterday. Very useful for keeping vengeance up all the time on a DH (previously I would dress all in white to make not glowing red very obvious!), and it means I can finally start using Necro devour with non-aura rune, because gently caress activating that all the time.

How do you turn off numlock auto-cast without unbinding the key? It gets a bit annoying in town with the "I can't do that" spam.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
You can temporarily interrupt numlock autocasting by opening chat with enter, pulling the esc menu or opening the map. To turn it off, turn numlock back on and tap the keys that are being autocast.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

xiansi posted:

I discovered the 'numlock trick' only yesterday. Very useful for keeping vengeance up all the time on a DH (previously I would dress all in white to make not glowing red very obvious!), and it means I can finally start using Necro devour with non-aura rune, because gently caress activating that all the time.

How do you turn off numlock auto-cast without unbinding the key? It gets a bit annoying in town with the "I can't do that" spam.

Hold the number and numlock again.

Also, yeah, it completely obsoletes the necro devour aura rune. I have to imagine this is something they'd like to fix but don't have the code guys on the team any more.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
My necro wears a king leoric tiara and has a spectrum sword transmog and she's a little birthday princess

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Can someone explain the numlock trick in a format other than six minute YouTube video please

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dross posted:

Can someone explain the numlock trick in a format other than six minute YouTube video please

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dross posted:

- Have numlock on
- Bind actionbar abilities to 1-4 numlock
- In-game, hold down one of those buttons while turning off numlock
- Wala, autocast

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Setup:

- In key bindings, give your skills keys (1-2-3-4 by default) a secondary key of numpad1, numpad2, numpad3, numpad4.
- Bind force move (not bound by default) to your mouse wheel. This is important.

Usage:

- Let's say you want to autocast abilities 3 and 4. Make sure Num Lock is on and press and hold numpad3 and numpad4, tap Num Lock to turn it off. Let go of numpad3 and numpad4. Now you're autocasting.
- To temporarily interrupt autocasting, open chat, open map, or open the esc menu. Once you close them, you'll resume autocasting.
- To completely stop autocasting, turn Num Lock back on and tap the keys that are autofiring.

Numlock will NOT autofire if you're holding another key or mouse button down, so keep this in mind. This is why you bind force move to the mouse wheel, so you can actually move around while stuff is autofiring.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

pcmr

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

doing the ol RNG QQ

Absolutely this. Its just frustrating as hell this late into the season, still trying to get a specific item and failing. Its kinda hilarious in a twisted way.

MMAgCh posted:

:lol: You think they'll really give us that kinda QOL update when they've been vocally against it in the past?

Then again, they did move crafting mats out of the inventory after murdering the RMAH.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Hobold posted:

:lol: You think they'll really give us that kinda QOL update when they've been vocally against it in the past?
I don't really pay much attention to what Blizzard have to say. :shobon:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

NumLock more like Nooblock.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
I've been using an autohotkey script for years instead of numlock. It's a simple customizable keyspammer with a toggle.

gently caress numlock. I want to hold down buttons

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE

kingturnip posted:

Oh Golden Flense, wherefore art thou, you sneaky loving shitweasel of a weapon?
I used almost every deaths breath I got on upgrading rares and it took me until p500 or so to get a flense. At which point I had great gear for the shield bash/glare build I was using and for the hammerdin build and I never really ended up using the flense at all anyway. But I'm glad I have it.

Then one dropped in a rift a day or two later randomly - also happens to be ancient. Still haven't used it.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

LordAdakos posted:

I've been using an autohotkey script for years instead of numlock. It's a simple customizable keyspammer with a toggle.

gently caress numlock. I want to hold down buttons

Blizzard said while numlock and hardware macros are fine, software macros are not. You might end up getting banned. Just sayin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the inarius + blind faith speed farm build is hilarious. I just did a 5 minute GR70 without an in-geom and only hitting a single button once every 60 seconds

:laffo: