Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

nuru posted:

Blind patch days gave us Raubahn Savage and not being able to log in because you queued Susano while sitting.

so what you're saying is, blind patch days are a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

There's not a lot I gripe about in this game, but the level gaps in between Stone Vigil, Dzamael Darkhold and Aurum Vale kind of make getting from 41-50 a pain. Granted I could do POTD, but I'd rather do dungeons as a WHM.

I guess the other pain is the fact that mobs in SV will explode tanks if they try and double pull and not use cooldowns effectively. Or you know, fail to even use Overpower/Flash and then I get gibbed when Regen ticks and I pull aggro.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Unless someone casts a regen on your target

:nallears:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I sort of love that RDM has gone completely untouched in all of the balance patches so far. I figured that it was about where it ought to be and I guess I was right, against all odds.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dying to a SMN is a bigger badge of shame than only hitting ices.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

TheRagamuffin posted:

Has anyone else noticed a big framerate drop since this patch dropped? I've gone from 40-50 fps to around 20, and it's wrecking me. Game was booting into a weird resolution at first, too...

We had someone that was having issues last night until they updated their graphics driver, so might want to try that

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dying to a SMN is a bigger badge of shame than only hitting ices.

You actually have no idea what you're talking about.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

You actually have no idea what you're talking about.

Hmmm, no I'm pretty sure that a SMN killing me in PVP is actually impossible.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Only because that would require them to have any idea what the gently caress they're doing.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The seasonal quest rules.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Buy Stormblood.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/895296770074226691

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hmmm, no I'm pretty sure that a SMN killing me in PVP is actually impossible.

If you want I can spam the thread with scoreboards of me consistently racking up 10+ kills as a summoner, but I don't think anyone else really wants that.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

If you want I can spam the thread with scoreboards of me consistently racking up 10+ kills as a summoner, but I don't think anyone else really wants that.

your posts are punishment enough.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
My static is looking to fill a permanent healer spot for 8-11 CST T/W savage raiding. We have cleared O1S but haven't had much luck in our healer recruitment efforts to pick up an O2S clear. PM me here or message me in game if interested.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Stop telling people to go learn their class in POTD.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Personally I kept continually loving up on the Ribbit cast after the dragon appears, for some drat fool reason.

I feel like we do this part imperfectly (we've gotten up to the Iron Giant/ninja adds). We pull Halicarnassus and the dragon onto the same tile (the 2nd one counting from northwest), facing her NW with everyone in front, and me (offtank) facing the dragon south-southwest so the massive cleave doesn't murder everyone. That way everyone can keep dpsing the dragon while moving behind it to avoid Ribbit, if she picks anyone but me to use it on. But if she picks me it's really hard to see her model or her targeting circle turn, what with the big fuckin' dragon in the way... now, granted, by the time Ribbit goes out I usually have enough threat lead to keep the dragon as a frog, and if she picks me no one else is at risk, so I guess it doesn't matter much. But I still wonder if there's a better way.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also pop sprint before mindjack tethers vines. Don't use sprint in the post-zoo mindjack though.

If you pop Sprint just before the Spellblade: Fire III/vine tethers are applied, it comes back up just in time to use it on the Mindjack vines too :eng101:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The way I've done dragon as OT is to pull the dragon to the very northwest corner and point him at the corner using the lines in the ground as a positioning tool. Then, after breath and waltz goes off and I get healed (using a Berserked Equilibrium myself) , I stand all the way in the absolute corner. This is far enough to dodge ribbit even if she targets the OT. Since we're getting well into the Creation Tome cycle now, the slight DPS loss in uptime where the melee have to move to get to the dragon is fine.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

jalapeno_dude posted:

The Isle of Endless Summer is significantly less fun when it's pouring out. :p You'd think they'd turn off weather in the zone for the Faire or something...

That'd also gently caress up people trying to fish the Nepto Dragon.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Really stupid question but if I don't even have a disc drive in my computer does this box still come with a code?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Verranicus posted:

Stop telling people to go learn their class in POTD.

:stare:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

I feel like we do this part imperfectly (we've gotten up to the Iron Giant/ninja adds). We pull Halicarnassus and the dragon onto the same tile (the 2nd one counting from northwest), facing her NW with everyone in front, and me (offtank) facing the dragon south-southwest so the massive cleave doesn't murder everyone. That way everyone can keep dpsing the dragon while moving behind it to avoid Ribbit, if she picks anyone but me to use it on. But if she picks me it's really hard to see her model or her targeting circle turn, what with the big fuckin' dragon in the way... now, granted, by the time Ribbit goes out I usually have enough threat lead to keep the dragon as a frog, and if she picks me no one else is at risk, so I guess it doesn't matter much. But I still wonder if there's a better way.

This is precisely how my group did it, and yeah any time she decided to target the OT with Ribbit there would be at least a few of us feeling froggy simply because the dragon completely overlapped her and it was hard to see that she turned. Clearly not an ideal method.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's actually really easy. Pull the dragon on top of the boss so that the OT is on her left flank and everyone else stacks behind her. Everyone moves to her right flank when Ribbit starts casting, and then the OT moves back to the left flank when it finishes. ezpz

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Imagined posted:

Really stupid question but if I don't even have a disc drive in my computer does this box still come with a code?

Pretty sure they just mail you the code.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The boss is in the center to start the phase. I'm MT and keep her there. OT pulls dragon to right behind her and stands off to her left flank. The entire rest of the party stacks on me until ribbit then runs to the tile right behind her for the cast. It's only targeted the OT once and frogged everyone, but we watch for it now and are ready to adjust.

World War Mammories posted:

If you pop Sprint just before the Spellblade: Fire III/vine tethers are applied, it comes back up just in time to use it on the Mindjack vines too :eng101:

Yeah I use it there often too even though you don't technically need it. Sprint is awesome now. I pop sprint all the god damned time.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think POTD is bad for learning your class because it dumps all the buttons on you at once and everything dies so fast there's really no time to learn anything

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I just use Displacement and do a sweet back flip, breaking the tether immediately with style.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I think POTD is bad for learning your class because it dumps all the buttons on you at once and everything dies so fast there's really no time to learn anything

Check a guide, go in solo, setup your poo poo, ???, profit.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

nuru posted:

Blind patch days gave us Raubahn Savage and not being able to log in because you queued Susano while sitting.

They didn't delete boot.ini (:ccp:), so grading it on a curve, not really all that bad.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

To this day I still reel in shock at the boot.ini debacle

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The amount of information you have to keep up with isn't so bad in itself, it's just that it's scattered haphazardly with way to much eye movement involved to the point where it's really easy to lose track of something and end up losing damage. I'm just now getting into raiding myself and between trying to remember mechanics and trying not to die, i usually end up forgetting to hit Iron Jaws or playing the next song or fat fingering Straight Shot when i don't need to, especially with the increased duration.

I've had two major problems so far when I'm busy with mechanics: letting Straight Shot run out (to the point of Iron Jawsing dots without it :suicide:), and letting songs stop playing for an excessive time. I almost wonder if it's better if I gently caress my dots up to just straight shot and immediately clip the dots rather than wait them out, because the reduced proc rate on songs is noticeable and it hurts.

My other problem is keeping note of the fact that my defensive cooldowns--Troubadour, Nature's Minne and Palisade--are up and when to use them, and how to quickly target the correct tank and get back to DPSing or how to time Troubadour so I'm in the right song for the right situation rather than just throwing it out on CD. But those are more optimization problems than 'you hosed up' problems, I guess.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm just glad these kids get to spend some time at the beach.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

a kitten posted:

I'm just glad these kids get to spend some time at the beach.

Are these the cattes from the faire promo art?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The amount of information you have to keep up with isn't so bad in itself, it's just that it's scattered haphazardly with way to much eye movement involved to the point where it's really easy to lose track of something and end up losing damage. I'm just now getting into raiding myself and between trying to remember mechanics and trying not to die, i usually end up forgetting to hit Iron Jaws or playing the next song or fat fingering Straight Shot when i don't need to, especially with the increased duration.

Yeah, part of me wants a lot more added to the Song Gauge because it conveys way too little information while adding yet another thing to monitor, but I also don't want it super bloated and taking up too much screen space. For sure straight shot duration should be on it though. Another part of me just wants it gone and have the little information it provides just added to the status bar.

All of me, however, wants the ability to change the sound gauges make when full. I REALLY don't like that it's the same sound thay plays when healers score their limit break mechanic that causes the bar to continuously generate. There are dozens of chat sound effects they could let you choose between. No, though. We have to use the one you hear often enough that it already had a distinct meaning.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 9, 2017

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Sade posted:

Are these the cattes from the faire promo art?

I think it's Khloe, Zhloe and another cat? Rowena's little helpers.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pretty sure they're Khloe Zhloe and T'kebbe.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

Pretty sure they're Khloe Zhloe and T'kebbe.

It is. I didn't realize they were there yesterday so I'll have to go see who else is hanging out in E La Nos.

Happily, they seem to be far away from Ultros.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Thundarr posted:

This is precisely how my group did it, and yeah any time she decided to target the OT with Ribbit there would be at least a few of us feeling froggy simply because the dragon completely overlapped her and it was hard to see that she turned. Clearly not an ideal method.

Solution now in lovely MS paint form!

The spot on the left is safe, because there won't be anybody standing there to aim a frogcone at. This way, you can always move there when you see the castbar, without worrying about which way she's facing.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I think most jobs feel their job gauge doesn't contain all the needed information and splits attention. The AST job gauge is actually responsible for three extra buttons of bloat. It could have at least put the draw cooldown in there but nooooo. I'm kicking that poo poo to the curb if they ever let me.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ruta posted:

I think most jobs feel their job gauge doesn't contain all the needed information and splits attention. The AST job gauge is actually responsible for three extra buttons of bloat. It could have at least put the draw cooldown in there but nooooo. I'm kicking that poo poo to the curb if they ever let me.

It's actually the PS4 that's responsible for the extra buttons. The AST gauge just made it the standard for PC.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I need an interface thing telling me which sen I have and how much kenki

said interface does not need to be larger than the minimap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

ilifinicus posted:

I need an interface thing telling me which sen I have and how much kenki

said interface does not need to be larger than the minimap

You can shrink the interface :ssh: