Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

I think the Zakspeed engine was based on the Ford BDA.

I'd certainly heard it was a non-specific Ford block.

Either way, madness to plug along with that for 4 years with bugger all money. They couldn't even qualify at Monza in 1988. With a turbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

It's the prototype test bed single cylinder for their F1 engine.
And as can be seen it's running fine, dunno why it wouldn't make a great F1 engine.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

https://streamable.com/l0r3b

Good British Lad. He's just like us. #grounded

British man makes cup of tea...how ordinary

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Pablo Bluth posted:

My allegiance since then has been: Mansell → Villeneueve → Montoya → Hamilton.

Not bad, but the correct answer was: Mansell -> Hill -> Coulthard -> Button -> Hamilton. You sound like somebody who knows Britain is the best country in the world, but isn't comfortable admitting it. Let me guess, Labour voter?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Not bad, but the correct answer was: Mansell -> Hill -> Coulthard -> Button -> Hamilton. You sound like somebody who knows Britain is the best country in the world, but isn't comfortable admitting it. Let me guess, Labour voter?

Fuckin lmao.

Though I'd have to go Hill over Mansell because he beat the axis of Germany and Italy and Button a close second for beating the German in an Austrian vehicle.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This year's extensive testing has shown that I need it to loving rain on race day. These lap times are spicy as gently caress but everyone is going to pull away on race day.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Been watching some of that Silver War video and the poo poo with the radio ban looks so loving stupid in retrospect. I mean at the time it looked rather dumb but goddamn. Either give them a radio or don't. Who runs this sport? Well luckily Americans do now so it'll be done right. God bless Liberty.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Is this the Vettel page?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

keevo posted:

Is this the Vettel page?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Appropriate for the page number.

Hail satan.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

keevo posted:

Is this the Vettel page?

everything about this page is total garbage

so yes it is a vettle of a page

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dubs posted:

everything about this page is total garbage

Welcome to the #megazone

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
hell

Only registered members can see post attachments!

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Posting so I can be on page six six six. 👹😈

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

This year's extensive testing has shown that I need it to loving rain on race day. These lap times are spicy as gently caress but everyone is going to pull away on race day.

Come to the UK where it won't stop loving raining. :(

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hell is other people.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Vettel did nothing wrong

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

F1 2017: These lap times are spicy as gently caress

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Aren't your rain tires your only-non-bin tires?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

learnincurve posted:

Come to the UK where it won't stop loving raining. :(

Remember that year where whatshername had that Umbrella-ella-ella-ella song at number 1 for the longest time and it did nothing put piss it down constantly for a few months? I want to say it was 2007.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I like that it's not our usual drizzle and is actually chucking it down, also that it's far worse in London than anywhere else. If only it had hit us a week earlier and the British GP would have had Malaysia GP levels of rain :(

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

iospace posted:

I use the same tires for all conditions, 1500 must be a "posh git" if he swaps out rubber in the wet

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I like this new spicy meme thing.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Vettel did nothing wrong

I see you've been reading the GBS thread as well where they defend Hitler unironically. :cheers:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

Yeah, they're also the old tire brand the club used that aren't as great. Still I think it'd be an easy podium in the wet.

I need to buy those stupid laser alignment things so I can mark down this setup for when it's wet and then.

Edit: just to drive home the point, I was running two tenths faster in the same session than the richest guy in our class, who has the pace to get on the podium when he doesn't crash out, on the same gearing but with 1000 less peak revs over the lap. So either this engine is absolutely hosed or I'm driving really good 95% of the lap and loving up the turn onto the straight. most likely a little from column A, and a little from column B

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 9, 2017

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Good lucknin your rain, hope u have a hole drilled in the bottom of your seat. Also sitnon a towel to clean your visor like Are Louie.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

enri posted:

Remember that year where whatshername had that Umbrella-ella-ella-ella song at number 1 for the longest time and it did nothing put piss it down constantly for a few months? I want to say it was 2007.

Canada 2007 indeed. Watching Rihanna look bored while the teams tried desperately to keep everything dry on the grid...

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Canada 2007 indeed. Watching Rihanna look bored while the teams tried desperately to keep everything dry on the grid...

I remember the heroic journalist going for the 'oh drat I fell over with my camera' upskirt shot of Rihanna.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

AgentJotun posted:

I remember the heroic journalist going for the 'oh drat I fell over with my camera' upskirt shot of Rihanna.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm the guy trying to help this man up.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

dont doxx 1500

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

dont doxx 1500

Are you kidding me? That guys arms are at least 10x thicker than 1500

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Also his tyres.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Too many similarities for it to just be coincidences.

A German leaving the Red Bull Fourth Reich by Adolf Mateschitz to reinforce the Italian team as a Spanish civil war plays out in the backdrop against Alonso & Sainz.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Too many similarities for it to just be coincidences.

A German leaving the Red Bull Fourth Reich by Adolf Mateschitz to reinforce the Italian team as a Spanish civil war plays out in the backdrop against Alonso & Sainz.

I think you've read one too many Billy Mumphrey stories.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I think you've read one too many Billy Mumphrey stories.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Wirth1000 posted:

I see you've been reading the GBS thread as well where they defend Hitler unironically. :cheers:

Are you talking about Trump or actual literal Hitler because one's a given and the other wouldn't surprise me that much.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

pik_d posted:

Are you talking about Trump or actual literal Hitler because one's a given and the other wouldn't surprise me that much.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Hitler DID like grand prix racing

• Locked thread