Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

doingitwrong posted:

Oh wow. I didn't notice this.

My favourite touch is the way that her gait plainly changes after you finish a big fight. She stands up straighter and walks with confidence, almost strutting. But then over time the voices and the doubts come back and she hunches down, alone and I terror.

This is a wonderful, unsettling game. Also here's a Dev diary about the importance of picking a good default pose and what that implies for your whole animation scheme.

How does she handle a mop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Good morning, Space Friends.

The new Stupid Newbie avatar is terrible. Thanks for reading.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

peter gabriel posted:

People are being amazed that CIG has made graphics appear in a game :psyduck:

Like, who would ever have thought it possible that graphics could appear in a game, this is revolutionary poo poo

Calm down Mr. Cat :ohdear:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

This sums it all up for me, they have no line between fabricated fiction and reality, they belive that having a hologram in a game means holograms in real life.

I struggle to even find the words needed to express just how stupid that reddit threads title is, I feel it has made me dumber just for having witnessed it.

Has anyone told them that render to texture has been around since the 90's yet?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

G0RF posted:

We are all uniformly evil, hellbent on chaos, lacking constructive motives, etcetera while Chris Roberts is cool and good and furthermore...

The sickening and heartbreaking truth factuals

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
I was impressed that the team behind Witcher 3 created this deep simulation of magical physics, mana diffusion of the atmosphere, spiritual AI and phlogiston accumulation. A lesser team would have just gone for an animation and a polygon model of a fire when I cast Igni.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm learning Game Maker Studio 2 and it's inspiring me to make a Star Citizen development tribute. So far I've got the player character being Chris Robert's head and he shoots spaceship .jpegs at angry backers.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

G0RF posted:

What an interesting discussion that whole thread produced! Forgive my rambling, I found the whole thread incredibly interesting.

Discussions were considerably more coherent than discussions about the chart on /dereksmart, who conspicuously chose to archive the ugly inverted chart, not the lovely original. (That's hardly good faith documenting, DS friends, I really did endeavor to make it a lovely to look at...)

MMORPG forum discussions about Star Citizen fit the future-facing, past-revising positivity bias originally modeled at RSI forums. Permnanent embeds like Max Bacon and Erillion have 10,000+ posts between them yet I've never seen one demanding accountability from CIG, for 'tis Heresy. The "9 Voices of Star Citizen Debate" discussion produced lots of engagement and views yet is the only MMORPG forum post closed from the first page of threads. Why? ("Goons!" :argh:)

Self-appointed, totally non-biased forum mayor Erillion rushed straight to ad hominem. Only a few weeks ago, when the Alpha 3.0 Infographic hit his jurisdiction, he countered with sawed-off shotgun blasts stereotyping the source and defending Chris Roberts against the implications of the work:

I can hardly vouch for my own trustworthiness, of course, but the irony isn't lost that Erillion is one of the most energetic, full-throated defenders of Chris Roberts, a person who has indisputably lied brazenly and repeatedly over a 5 year span. he has done it before live audiences numbering in the five digits and raised $156 million doing it, yet Erillion is not only untroubled by all of that, he's eager to stereotype criticism from SA because not a single participant here can be trusted. We are all uniformly evil, hellbent on chaos, lacking constructive motives, etcetera while Chris Roberts is cool and good and furthermore...

So, in light of his take on the Alpha 3.0 chart, it's really rich that only a few weeks later, when the 9 Voices chart hit MMORPG and the OP asked people to identify where they fit on the chart, Erillion immediately identified himself as a "Believer."

This is a guy who has written 7,600+ posts in that forum alone, hundreds of which include broadside attacks on critics ("goons!" :argh:), yet he considers himself only mildly-positively biased, not engaged in Evangelism and certainly not attacking perceived threats on moralistic grounds.

Are you sure we're the ones engaged in a propaganda war, Erillion?

Flashback: MMORPG Thread about Star Marine - January 2016 - a tour de force thread starring Erillion as paladin defender of Chris Roberts, Derek Smart as the firebomb thrower, justagamemode, Sunny's Diner, Lando Santa and the special edition Porsche PLUS a very special guest appearance by Lethality as the "Jason Hutchins is not gone. I welcome proof that he is." guy.

Flashback: MMORPG Thread about the Star Citizen tracker - April 2017 - Max Bacon and Erillion sing another stirring rendition of "Goons! :argh:" (Max Bacon wanting to host the tracker to make sure it's honest is :five: though.)

I'm so glad G0RF is back in the thread :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

I'm learning Game Maker Studio 2 and it's inspiring me to make a Star Citizen development tribute. So far I've got the player character being Chris Robert's head and he shoots spaceship .jpegs at angry backers.

At this point, this thread has produced 4 or 5 times as much video game as Star Citizen has :laffo:

Also, I'm glad Redchris is still extremely upset about being banned from refunds. I forget whose idea it was to unban and reban him a bunch of times, but good job.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Which will happen first, Trump getting impeached, or Star Citizen becoming extinct?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mr.Tophat posted:

Democrats winning another election, or Star Citizen becoming extinct?

FTFY

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Christ how do you even begin with that version of the question

If the Rock was a democrat, I'd have some hope. But as it stands, the democrats won't learn a drat thing and remain the milquetoast 'opposite' which has no liberal values like people want them to, so I'm gunna say Star Citizen runs out of scam steam which fuels the engine of dreams before the Democrats come into power

Quote this when Hillary's daughter gets into power and we're still waiting for the 'true' 3.0

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You might expect a toxx, but that would mean investing something into the future of Star Citizen and that gentlegoons is something I will not have

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

thatguy posted:

Hey friend, you should respond to some of the posts calling you out for being retarded after you tried to call out Agent for being retarded. Doing otherwise would be very rude and unprofessional.

Hey Pal: I think I can continue to be as smug as I want in knowing that CIG is hard at work making the foundational systems that will carry the project for the next decade. 5 Years in (6, by some fuzzy math by resident non-accredited PhDs) is not a call for concern. I think a lot of the hurt and pain experienced by some of you stems from the fact that you have no insight into a private company's operations or financials and just bark at clouds because half of you don't understand the gaming business. CIG projected deadlines. CIG missed deadlines because of reasons (contractors leaving, internal structuring, whatever). CIG learned form mistakes and have toned-down deadline speak. Comparatively, the project is more open than the likes of EA or Activision, or any other gaming studio when it comes to systems, gameplay, art, etc.

You guys want to attach a filter to my posts, stating that I'm some sort of troll, backer, employee, shill - whatever. Fact is, half of this thread is simply getting-off on dropping a ninja-comment and leaving just for the lulz, Derek doesn't realize he's been played like a fiddle, and some of you really just want to watch CIG burn because of some arm-chair investigation.

You know what? I'm glad of it. Keep up all the good work. The more Derek, nawledge, and whoever post about it in twitter, reddit, etc, the more exposure CIG gets.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hey Pal: I think I can continue to be as smug as I want in knowing that CIG is hard at work making the foundational systems that will carry the project for the next decade. 5 Years in (6, by some fuzzy math by resident non-accredited PhDs) is not a call for concern. I think a lot of the hurt and pain experienced by some of you stems from the fact that you have no insight into a private company's operations or financials and just bark at clouds because half of you don't understand the gaming business. CIG projected deadlines. CIG missed deadlines because of reasons (contractors leaving, internal structuring, whatever). CIG learned form mistakes and have toned-down deadline speak. Comparatively, the project is more open than the likes of EA or Activision, or any other gaming studio when it comes to systems, gameplay, art, etc.

You guys want to attach a filter to my posts, stating that I'm some sort of troll, backer, employee, shill - whatever. Fact is, half of this thread is simply getting-off on dropping a ninja-comment and leaving just for the lulz, Derek doesn't realize he's been played like a fiddle, and some of you really just want to watch CIG burn because of some arm-chair investigation.

You know what? I'm glad of it. Keep up all the good work. The more Derek, nawledge, and whoever post about it in twitter, reddit, etc, the more exposure CIG gets.

Where's the fun MoMA

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

loving lol

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

ManofManyAliases posted:

Comparatively, the project is more open than the likes of EA or Activision, or any other gaming studio when it comes to systems, gameplay, art, etc.

Ha ha ha ha. Spicey takes this morning MOMA.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nice meltdown. :smuggo:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
lol remember when the thread got mad for me bringing politics to the table when I pointed out how ironic and funny it is when legit redhats honestly believe they can spot a con/conman

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Daztek posted:

Where's the fun MoMA

He has the day off. It's pissy MoMA's turn on the account.

Also: "carry the project for the next decade". :lol:

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Quavers posted:

CIG doing orbital physics, what could possibly go wrong...

Fidelity!

:kingsley:

I'm wondering if that moon/planet cross over is caused by CIG shrinking the Stanton system. I wouldn't be surprised if despite all their "eight bazillion miles of space" talk they're running into engine limitations even in the internal test/bullshot builds.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ManofManyAliases posted:

:thunk:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL

Nice beltdown Toast :yarg:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
MOMA's the biggest idiot on this entire forum, and probably of the entire history of SA. :sad:

Building the foundations for the next decade, amazing! :allears:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Chris Roberts is a non-accredited PhD?

also, I don't believe you believe any of what you typed but you are a good foil for the thread so please carry on.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I saw a commercial on tv for moma's belt last night, if you act now you can get 2 for 19.99 plus shipping and handling.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

After 5 years CIG has learned how to manage deadlines, this is good for Star Citizen.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ManofManyAliases posted:

source your quotes

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Lol - more armchairing by OSC and/or Derek-alt (I don't know and I don't care either way). Fact is, ToS are upheld in case law very regularly (Wireless providers, cable providers, etc) and there are cases where they are not. It's case law and up to interpretation by the presiding court. Even though CA has strong consumer protection, CA tends to favor the UCC and business (especially small business) to allow for the flow of transactions.

Fact is, they have not been legally challenged, and if so, it'll most likely fall to arbitration. CIG has been happy to oblige refund requests. I'm not sure why some still see them as the bad guy. People need to be smarter with financial management instead of blaming the business.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

Chris--get back to work. You have a major event in a few short weeks!!

e:

HycoCam fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 9, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Daztek posted:

Where's the fun MoMA

Yeah, no poo poo. Can we crowdfund for the fun one?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You know star citizen could make a billion dollars if instead of those personality types on that spectrum they put dollar values. Only true believers have over 20k invested

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

So I've downgraded my resources for checking this thread so instead of checking every three months I'll be checking every six months. Budget cuts amirite?

Anyhoo, is there a game yet? Are they out of alpha? Did Lesnick finally implode under his massive gravity?

You might want to check with the thread everyday. CIG won't be around in another six months. The ELE is happening right now!! I know because Derek tweeted a meme about it--so it is really, really happening this time....

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Comparatively, the project is more open than the likes of EA or Activision, or any other gaming studio when it comes to systems, gameplay, art, etc.

Haha you dork show us any systems or gameplay they've shown us for 3.0 at all.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

You can have carrying a small box in a janky fashion for half a point to start you off

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know ten times more about Activisions 7.3 WOW patch in October than about 3.0. I have no idea how anything in 3.0 will actually play or work beyond extraordinarily vague one sentence "features:. I can even play a big chunk of 7.3...right now...for free....on something called the player test realm. I know almost exactly, hard stats, how every new feature in 7.3 will play and work.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 9, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr.Tophat posted:

Which will happen first, Trump getting impeached, or Star Citizen becoming extinct?

Thoatse posted:

lol remember when the thread got mad for me bringing politics to the table when I pointed out how ironic and funny it is when legit redhats honestly believe they can spot a con/conman

Thoatse is right. There's been a noticeable uptick in the number of C-Spam type "tormp bad" posts here recently, and it needs to not continue. I mean I get it, it's funny in a similar way to the SC stuff, but there's a couple very good reasons not to bring politics chat into this sub, so let's please try and dial it back so I don't have to start giving out MAGA probations or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lol - more armchairing by OSC and/or Derek-alt (I don't know and I don't care either way). Fact is, ToS are upheld in case law very regularly (Wireless providers, cable providers, etc) and there are cases where they are not. It's case law and up to interpretation by the presiding court. Even though CA has strong consumer protection, CA tends to favor the UCC and business (especially small business) to allow for the flow of transactions.

Fact is, they have not been legally challenged, and if so, it'll most likely fall to arbitration. CIG has been happy to oblige refund requests. I'm not sure why some still see them as the bad guy. People need to be smarter with financial management instead of blaming the business.

What was that strongly worded letter from the office of then CA Attorney General Kamala Harris about again? Yeah the one that they categorically denied refunds before receiving.