Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
b1g ten football owns haters vacate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Dango Bango posted:

I actually don't remember him making too many boneheaded mistakes that game.

Fix'd

Also, Tommy didn't play in that game. :)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

Yeah last year's B1G was the definition of top-heavy. There was just an enormous gulf between OSU, Michigan and PSU, and everyone else.

Wisconsin was really good too

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wisconsin is probably going to roll to another West title this year. No PSU or OSU on the schedule, Michigan at home.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

After the first campus carry bill passed (the one that eventually got vetoed), I spoke with an old GT professor of mine who said that he legitimately feared for his life because of how often crying, emotionally distraught students came to his office hours and was strongly considering changing the way his office hours worked so they're in a public location.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pakled posted:

After the first campus carry bill passed (the one that eventually got vetoed), I spoke with an old GT professor of mine who said that he legitimately feared for his life because of how often crying, emotionally distraught students came to his office hours and was strongly considering changing the way his office hours worked so they're in a public location.

Does the law let you open carry your hattori hanzo steel?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

iospace posted:

Wisconsin is probably going to roll to another West title this year. No PSU or OSU on the schedule, Michigan at home.

Plus everyone else is poo poo, or at least looks like they'll be poo poo.

Media picked Northwestern to finish #2 kinda by default

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pakled posted:

Yeah, I reckon so.

People are making GBS threads all over this prof, but straight up allowing deadly weapons into the loving classroom would probably cause most instructors to alleviate as much stress as possible.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

Does the law let you open carry your hattori hanzo steel?

Starting in September in Texas, yes.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Just frwaking lol if u didn't carry ur wakizashi into algorithms class just lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Danny Etling loving owns

quote:

Herbert: “Lloyd Cushenberry and Will Clapp — whose rear end feels better?”

Etling: “I can just tell you what you’re looking for as far as that in a center. What you want is a nice, plump bottom. A surface area to put your hands on. You want them to feel you. As much as I love Will, and as great a football player as he is, he doesn’t have the biggest bottom. But him and I have really worked toward it. So I’ve found a nice surface area to put my hands on. Lloyd and I are coming along. Lloyd and I didn’t get a ton of snaps with him in the spring, but we have come along in the past couple days.”

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That's loving awesome

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I was a center in high school I wonder what my QB thought of my rear end

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

Starting in September in Texas, yes.

Celebrating by taking a machete to a roadrunner right on the riverwalk

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/JimmyWatson6/status/895337103986311170

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hatin'
rear end
Spurrier

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Nobody talking about Chosen Rosen throwing shade at Bama?

quote:

OK, raise the SAT requirement at Alabama and see what kind of team they have.

He actually had some good points about the realities/hypocrisies of being a "student athlete" if you read the interview though-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...amming-national

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

dphi posted:

He actually had some good points about the realities/hypocrisies of being a "student athlete" if you read the interview though-

And like tons of sports journos are making GBS threads on him because they're still paying student loans.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
He ain't wrong there :(

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Gladd to see that Etling has his priorities straight- butt supremacy.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I'm still mad that we could have had Spurrier at LSU and missed out.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college

Journalism ya'll

quote:

South Carolina’s football players look forward to the "Cock Drill" because it's a chance for Gamecocks teammate to hammer each other.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/SECCountryBama/status/895323123649609729

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

And like tons of sports journos are making GBS threads on him because they're still paying student loans.

A shitload of people only read the headline and it's really annoying

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

Fix'd

Also, Tommy didn't play in that game. :)

I knew that! :doh:

iospace posted:

I really want to believe Nebraska will beat them if only because it's in Lincoln. But I have no idea what to expect from the team this year. Hopeful Tanner Lee is the truth.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Speaking of just reading headlines:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/candid-coaches-the-most-overrated-and-underrated-coaches-in-college-football/

Of note: 48 percent of coaches asked didn't name an overrated coach at all.

Bill Snyder is so far ahead as underrated...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dango Bango posted:

I really want to believe Nebraska will beat them if only because it's in Lincoln. But I have no idea what to expect from the team this year. Hopeful Tanner Lee is the truth.

Yeah, I think the only games that will give UW trouble are you guys and NW.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao northwestern has never ever been good in a year where they weren't picked to be the absolute bottom of the conference, they're going to win like 5 games this year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

A shitload of people only read the headline and it's really annoying

It's fair to feel slighted when the university is making an insane ROI on your hard work. It's also reasonable for that person to feel fortunate they're getting a free education. As much as I love college sports, the football players that are mashing their brains so the NCAA can make billions is pretty depressing.

But we live in a Hot Take Society so everyone's either falling over themselves to call him an rear end in a top hat.

Esp Danny Kanell. gently caress Danny Kanell.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I have a much bigger problem with the NCAA as an institution than the schools that are members of it when it comes to fairness to players quality of life

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao northwestern has never ever been good in a year where they weren't picked to be the absolute bottom of the conference, they're going to win like 5 games this year

5-7 still gets Northwestern a bowl game

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami's scrimmage this weekend is going to be live for the QBs, so I guess we'll see which ones can take a hit because I know i wouldn't want to play against our D-line.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/Coach_Leach/status/895522090115227649

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mike Leach is a national treasure.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Mike Leach with the pro share confirming he still owns.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Ole Miss was forced to release the NCAA response to their appeal response to the NCAA. The release included the time, date, and location of the COI hearing, as well as the names of who will be on the council. Located in the same paragraph was a note that the information in regards to the hearing were to remain confidential.

They're really dumb.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

dphi posted:

I'm really glad an active player with notoriety finally had the balls to speak up. Granted he's only talking about football, but you could swap out what he's saying about that sport with nearly anything else sanctioned by the NCAA, and it would still be pretty accurate. Especially with baseball/softball and basketball.

Overwhelmingly, if a player you thought was a total bad rear end washes out in college, it's usually because they were woefully unprepared to handle a college football schedule. Even with all the advantages and resources athletes have access to in college, most players have never been taught or encouraged to take advantage of it. There's only so many hours in a day.

Also, if you pay attention to college football official twitter accounts, you'll notice a lot of them going all-out right now showing their players having fun. Like Ohio State putting together a water slide fun-day, or Bama posting about their day on the lake. It's all window-dressing to hide the fact those guys are going non-stop from about 6 AM until sometime after 10 PM most days during the season. The 20-hour rule for a week only applies to actual on-field practice. Not all the other poo poo they have to do.

EDIT: Also worth noting that a lot of colleges are starting to get like the NFL, expecting to recruit players that are basically a 'finished product' they won't have to spend too much time developing. They have to win now, not in two years. So every year, more and more players at the college level are taking advantage of private coaching and camps, which just brings their football schedule full circle to take up their entire year. And that's all paid out of pocket.

Doronin fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 10, 2017

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Wisconsin linebacker Jack Cichy, who got 3 sacks in the Holiday Bowl against USC on consecutive snaps is out for the year with a torn ACL AND I HATE EVERYTHING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2NPCmlL9s

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That sucks. Wisconsin is pretty good at plugging in linebackers but he was definitely the best returning ILB they had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to the UGA/ND game in South Bend on 9/8 on party buses from Chicago. A friend of mine organizes it and there's 34 coach buses of people going, the majority of them are from Atlanta.

Anyway I didn't get tickets to the game because they're like $1k and gently caress that. I've heard South Bend sucks but does anyone know what the 'good' bars are to go to during the game?

• Locked thread