Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
- Dazed
+ Fifflaren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
-dazed
+flashbangweedlordbonerhitler420

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm dazed and confused by this conversation

And by that i mean can you retards all please shut the gently caress up

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Gingerbread House Music posted:

-dazed
+flashbangweedlordbonerhitler420

I'd happily replace dazed

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Unbound posted:

I'd happily replace dazed

Umm but your name is unbound and not flashbang tho :thunk:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm curious what everyone's crosshairs are. After using this small, yellow classic static crosshair for around 3 years I think it's time I switch things up:

The other day I changed it to a small blue, classic, static circle, and while I think so far it's okay, I'm not entirely sure if I'm sold on it.

I'm curious if maybe I can get some ideas for a new crosshair, or hell, I might just go back to my yellow one.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The older I get the thicker and bigger my crosshairs get. Now it's just a big green triumphant bastard.

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
Just use a red dot and get all stattrak weapons so you can pretend they're laser sights.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

wat

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

I just use a green dot.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I'm curious what everyone's crosshairs are. After using this small, yellow classic static crosshair for around 3 years I think it's time I switch things up:

The other day I changed it to a small blue, classic, static circle, and while I think so far it's okay, I'm not entirely sure if I'm sold on it.

I'm curious if maybe I can get some ideas for a new crosshair, or hell, I might just go back to my yellow one.

have you seen sgares crosshair its real good i like it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

In his attic is a portrait that gets older and skinnier. Sometimes he pauses to look at it through the ceiling.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Push El Burrito posted:

Sometimes he pauses to look at it through the ceiling.

:hmbol:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my crosshair is like two huge legos in the middle of my screen

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

A TURGID FATSO posted:

cl_crosshairgap "-1"
cl_crosshairsize "2"
cl_crosshairstyle "4"
cl_crosshairthickness "1"

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Screenshots aren't catching the HUD alpha for whatever reason, but it's translucent, so my crosshair can't prevent me from seeing a dude. I stick with white interior with a black border so it'll be visible almost always. Rifle included for scale because I play at a weird resolution.

cl_crosshair_drawoutline "1"
cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio "0.35"
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod "1"
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod "0.5"
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist "7"
cl_crosshair_outlinethickness "1"
cl_crosshair_sniper_show_normal_inaccuracy "0"
cl_crosshair_sniper_width "1"
cl_crosshairalpha "180"
cl_crosshaircolor "5"
cl_crosshaircolor_b "255"
cl_crosshaircolor_g "255"
cl_crosshaircolor_r "255"
cl_crosshairdot "0"
cl_crosshairgap "-2"
cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue "0"
cl_crosshairscale "0"
cl_crosshairsize "4"
cl_crosshairstyle "5"
cl_crosshairthickness "0.5"
cl_crosshairusealpha "1"

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You can't say weird res and not post it

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I mean it's not like a boltz style custom or anything it's just 1366x768

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

stump collector posted:

You can't say weird res and not post it

1280 x 1024 Stretched
dpi 400 sens 1.0 m_customaccel_max = "1.8" m_customaccel 3 m_customaccel_scale = "1.2"

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Straw poll: Are most esports fans primarily fans of teams or fans of players?

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Remora posted:

I don't really see competitive counter strike (Sorry, I still refuse to use the term esports) as something that I watch and actively root for a team or player. It's entertainment, but I'm watching for the high level of play and whatever sports-like storyline comes out of each tournament. That said, I do regularly tune in and watch whatever German team is playing, which at this point is just BIG.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Remora posted:

I'd like for SK to win everything. gently caress everyone else.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I'd like for SK to win everything. gently caress everyone else.

A gamer after my own heart

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Viper_3000 posted:

I don't really see competitive counter strike (Sorry, I still refuse to use the term esports) as something that I watch and actively root for a team or player. It's entertainment, but I'm watching for the high level of play and whatever sports-like storyline comes out of each tournament. That said, I do regularly tune in and watch whatever German team is playing, which at this point is just BIG.

It's just a word. What's the big deal?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

after running 1 tapping 3 people in a row down long a last night im going to officially approve the new tec9 changes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

surc posted:

I mean it's not like a boltz style custom or anything it's just 1366x768

That's fairly laptop standard isn't it? I think I run that.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

trying to jack off posted:

after running 1 tapping 3 people in a row down long a last night im going to officially approve the new tec9 changes

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyCrowdedPlumberHotPokket

surc
Aug 17, 2004

ilmucche posted:

That's fairly laptop standard isn't it? I think I run that.

It pretty much only exists for backwards compatability with old 4:3 monitors. There's also 1366x760, which is actually 16:9 aspect ratio, I just like my 8 extra pixels. The main reason I think of it as weird though is most people either stick with 1920x1080 or go 4:3.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Zeus back to NaVi is dumb but I get it

quote:

Hello dear friends,

What's happening right now doesn't fit in the head of the whole world. There are changes in a team which won the biggest championship in CS:GO. Team Gambit has won over the hearts of millions with it's hard path to the top of the scene and the major win. And right now the news of changes in the roster will be very unexpected and hurtful. But this is happening and it's imminent. Many think that I"m betraying my team and leaving it behind by my will. Some think that there is a money factor in all of this. That is absolutely not the case. Especially after the win at the major we opened endless possibilities to participate and win in the best tournaments. During the last 6 months our team has experienced disagreements and issues. But overlooking those difficulties, we came to our wins together. But at this stage the guys decided to kick our coach Kane, even with the condition that I will leave with him. Misha Kane is a man who I've worked and been friends with a long time, a man who taught me and helped me get through last years kick from Na'Vi, and a man who helped us win the major. But the team thinks otherwise, overlooking my experience in this situation and my attempts at saving the roster. It's very weird to me, because in other sports everything happens differently, the coaches are celebrated for such achievements. The key to success in a game - not only skilled players, but a captain/coach tandem. When this atmosphere and authority is disrupted, working with the team becomes very challenging. I came to Gambit with a condition that Kane will be our coach and with him we climbed from #24 to #3 in the rankings, winning a bunch of tournaments along the way. But now nobody cares about it...fame is such a thing ;)

Of course, we worked a lot during these 10 months, and put in a big amount of nerves and energy. And obviously I’m very sad that I’m leaving this team on top of the wave with my friend and our coach.

This roster and this team will forever be in my heart and it will be a separate chapter of my life, a chapter where me and the guys, not looking at all the issues, were able to win the coolest world championship in CS:GO, which I appreciate very much. I compare us to a team from 1.6 called «eolitic», they also played really good for around a year and fell apart because of similar poo poo.

Big thanks to all who supported me in this roster and who wholeheartedly cheered for us. But this is life.

New history is ahead.

Yours truly,

Danylo «Zeus» Teslenko

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Wait am I reading that right? Gambit, after just winning a major championship, kicked their coach?

:psyduck:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Ah yes, the unconventional -seized +seized roster move

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Jesus Christ, Gambit

surc
Aug 17, 2004

"Yo so I know you and this coach joined and we went from having potential but not following through on it to winning the major, but uh gently caress both y'all"

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
*takes team to their first major victory ever in a decisive fashion*

Yeah I don't think it's working out for us, sorry.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Meth, one hell of a drug.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

canoshiz posted:

Ah yes, the unconventional -seized +seized roster move
If this works NA shuffles are about to be even more hilarious

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

ive won 6 in a row now and yet gabe still refuses to rank me up???

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

drunken officeparty posted:

ive won 6 in a row now and yet gabe still refuses to rank me up???

He's too busy carrying you through those games!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lol the CIS scene is so hosed.

Starix playing again and failing horribly
Zeus getting punted around...after winning a major
Na'Vi doing the seized shuffle

it's good comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So rather a random question as I'm getting back into playing after like a year or so and was never close to passable. What are good things to practice/focus on doing as a relative newbie to get better?

Eg. in Dota 2 learning a heroes animation speed to get a last hit is rather important to know which is why some people suggest doing like 5 minutes of a bot game every day to practice just last hits. Is there anything like that to be done for CSGO or is it just "play the game, learn through osmosis"?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 10, 2017