Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shaggar posted:

tim hortons is terrible and got laughed out of the us. dd is good, mcdonalds is good. starbucks is burnt dumpster beans

same to all this, thats my pecking order when theres no good mom and pop shop coffee around me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Shaggar posted:

tim hortons is terrible and got laughed out of the us. dd is good, mcdonalds is good. starbucks is burnt dumpster beans

tim hortons has been recently expanding into minnesota. so is dunkin. i have not gone to either of them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Cumberland farms is where I get most of my coffee these days tho. 99 cents any size!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

exploded mummy posted:

someone broke into my card

do you mean "car" or is this inadvertently on-topic?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

do you mean "car" or is this inadvertently on-topic?

car

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Colectivo is probably the best coffee in the Milwaukee area. I think they have some shops in Chicago as well.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
t-ho's breakfast sammies are pretty decent

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
Security Fuckup Megathread - v14.1 - Derails about Canada and coffee

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ThePeavstenator posted:

Colectivo is probably the best coffee in the Milwaukee area. I think they have some shops in Chicago as well.

It strikes me as strange that Milwaukee has three good-to-great roasters: Colectivo, Stonecreek, and Anodyne. Is that normal?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

coffee is haram (in secfuck thread)

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
when I first moved to chicago all there was was dd and only dd, we finally got some independent donut places tho :unsmith:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Schadenboner posted:

It strikes me as strange that Milwaukee has three good-to-great roasters: Colectivo, Stonecreek, and Anodyne. Is that normal?

I think colectivo actually really tanked in the quality after the alterra brand was sold off. Caribou was the best chain in Milwaukee but they're dead now. It's all about indie shops now.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

cis autodrag posted:

I think colectivo actually really tanked in the quality after the alterra brand was sold off. Caribou was the best chain in Milwaukee but they're dead now. It's all about indie shops now.

I agree with you on the Alterra thing but my dad has been on a tea kick since my mom :rip:ed so, yeah.

It's weird, the Einstein Bagels (lovely unboiled round-bread although their Everything bagels *do* have caraway seeds) in Shorewood (first suburb north of MKE proper) has a Caribou attached to it now.

Might be a re-launch of the franchise?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 9, 2017

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chris Knight posted:

it's a real thing available across canada? https://www.cibc.com/ca/doubledoublecard/index.html

it was so big they ran out of the first run of cards in a couple of weeks

Off topic as all heck but the initial run had a $450ish sign up bribe attached to it, only $50 of which had to be spent at Tim's.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Tatsujin posted:

when I first moved to chicago all there was was dd and only dd, we finally got some independent donut places tho :unsmith:

there's an alarming number of dunkin donuts in Chicago

like you know that Lewis black sketch about the Starbucks across the street from another Starbucks?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Schadenboner posted:

I agree with you on the Alterra thing but my dad has been on a tea kick since my mom :rip:ed so, yeah.

It's weird, the Einstein Bagels (lovely unboiled round-bread although their Everything bagels *do* have caraway seeds) in Shorewood (first suburb north of MKE proper) has a Caribou attached to it now.

Might be a re-launch of the franchise?

Caribou never died. It started here in MN and isn't headquartered here anymore, but a lot of the stores here have been around forever. And the reason you see Caribou/Einstein combos now is because Caribou's parent co. bought the Einstein company a few years ago.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

loving cemetary skewing the map

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
that's incredibly depressing, i hope i never have to live in boston

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

anthonypants posted:

dunkin donuts was founded like 10 miles outside of boston dude

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anthonypants posted:

"it's incredibly depressing that it's easy to have coffee and a donut from a local store. getting coffee and a donut should be hard."
-you, 2017

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

fishmech posted:

"it's incredibly depressing that it's easy to have coffee and a donut from a local store. getting coffee and a donut should be hard."
-you, 2017
it's because dunkin donuts isn't good

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Dunkin Donuts' success is entirely predicated on injecting as much candy bullshit into their shitwater as possible.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it's also depressing that seattle has a zillion starbuckses, for the exact same reason. sorry if that upsets you fishmech

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
apparently sales force fired a couple of their security folks at defcon for giving a talk at defcon, because some exec sent them a text half an hour before the talk telling them to abort which they didn't see in time

http://www.zdnet.com/article/salesforce-fires-red-team-staffers-who-gave-defcon-talk/

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Arcsech posted:

apparently sales force fired a couple of their security folks at defcon for giving a talk at defcon, because some exec sent them a text half an hour before the talk telling them to abort which they didn't see in time

http://www.zdnet.com/article/salesforce-fires-red-team-staffers-who-gave-defcon-talk/
which didn't have anything to do with salesforce specifically, it was just to show off a cool thing they made and were using internally and want to give to the world. it should go over well

also depending on who you ask it looks like they might have known about the text beforehand
https://twitter.com/sirdarckcat/status/891154187274170372

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 10, 2017

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

anthonypants posted:

which didn't have anything to do with salesforce specifically, it was just to show off a cool thing they made and were using internally and want to give to the world. it should go over well

also they had exec approval since february

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Arcsech posted:

also they had exec approval since february

They had approval for the tool. It's unclear if they had approval for the talk.

That being said, it's Salesforce so I'm sure their exec is complete poo poo.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anthonypants posted:

it's because dunkin donuts isn't good

Whatever artisinal bullshit coffee shop you like is what sucks

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fishmech posted:

-you, 2017

unironically agree with this, society needs fewer fried dough stores that are harder to access

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

good news they're going to dramatically cut back their donuts and go all in on being starbucks

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

ate all the Oreos posted:

unironically agree with this, society needs fewer fried dough stores that are harder to access

Cool poor hating, chief.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

fishmech posted:

Cool poor hating, chief.

Yes, Dunkin Donuts, bastion of the hungry poor. loving moron.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Yes, Dunkin Donuts, bastion of the hungry poor. loving moron.

You're the guy who thinks Google's primary business is search and not ads, lmao

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

fishmech posted:

You're the guy who thinks Google's primary business is search and not ads, lmao
you're the guy arguing in the secfuck thread that being against dunkin donuts is "poor hating"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anthonypants posted:

you're the guy arguing in the secfuck thread that being against dunkin donuts is "poor hating"

It is, because it is. Typical, how dare people be able to eat the food they like. It should be harder to get to (read: no longer possible for those undeserving poor)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

fishmech posted:

It is, because it is. Typical, how dare people be able to eat the food they like. It should be harder to get to (read: no longer possible for those undeserving poor)

being pro- lovely fast food is not the same as being pro-poor people. never has been

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

fishmech posted:

it is poor hating in the sense that it is a bad method of expressing hatred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Lutha Mahtin posted:

being pro- lovely fast food is not the same as being pro-poor people. never has been

Dunkin Donuts, is good

• Locked thread