Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Kase moch posted:

That loving Pompito dialogue was incredibly boring. I've heard people say the banter between the main characters is what's good about the game, but it's all so inane. Like it was written by a 10 year old.

It's written as masturbation material, that's usually not very complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

darealkooky posted:

It's written as masturbation material, that's usually not very complicated.

I'm not sure who the audience is that could masturbate to this tripe.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
FF fans.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Kase moch posted:

I'm not sure who the audience is that could masturbate to this tripe.

For some people it's all about the challenge.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

topiKal posted:

:siren: CAR UPGRADES :siren:

Finally a vehicle we can be proud of

Video says Xv part 33 instead of part 34.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I've watched up till just after the end of Chapter 3, and just jumping ahead now to say this is such a good LP, I've had such a stupid grin on my face and it's made me laugh so many times. So guys, thank you for that.

Taking a break now however as I just bought the game due to this LP and want to play it through first. I'm not sure why because the game itself looks terrible. So guys, gently caress you for that.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

RareAcumen posted:

Video says Xv part 33 instead of part 34.

Thanks we're fixing it

Zoe posted:

I've watched up till just after the end of Chapter 3, and just jumping ahead now to say this is such a good LP, I've had such a stupid grin on my face and it's made me laugh so many times. So guys, thank you for that.

Taking a break now however as I just bought the game due to this LP and want to play it through first. I'm not sure why because the game itself looks terrible. So guys, gently caress you for that.

Thanks and my condolences

topiKal fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 24, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You were in that car for 6 minutes. Six loving minutes of an utter absence of gameplay. What the gently caress were they even thinking?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

You should be able to whip out your phone and play lovely mobile games during the car ride, as god intended

Also ask me about running up the stamina draining slope without the stamina recharge trick they never tell you about

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
show us the picture of your cracked rim kuvo

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

When you were fighting those wyverns and the lighting and music changed, that meant you could do a summon. There was a prompt telling you to press L2 to summon.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Also you weren't far from a camping spot on the volcano so you didn't have to straight up leave to wait for day.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I saw right at the start, when you were putting on the second accessories, that you had an 'assist suit' in your inventory. You scrolled over it, but didn't select it and a quick freeze frame showed it had:

That's some insane poo poo. When did you grab that?

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 22, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

I saw right at the start, when you were putting on the second accessories, that you had an 'assist suit' in your inventory. You scrolled over it, but didn't select it and a quick freeze frame showed it had:

That's some insane poo poo. When did you grab that?
it drops from those big robots (MA-X Maniple) so probably during one of the empire base raids

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Wiseblood posted:

When you were fighting those wyverns and the lighting and music changed, that meant you could do a summon. There was a prompt telling you to press L2 to summon.

Also magic will gently caress up a wyvern real quick, Ice i think? You could always use libra....

Sneakers are very lava resistant

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:siren: ENJOY YOUR VIDEO :siren:

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
Awww that nazi smiled for your picture :frogbon:

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
Coincidentally, "gently caress, what are we even doing here?" could sum up a lot of this game's story. Once you get down to it, Ardyn's motivation doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Enjoy having Aranea in your party, because going back to Gladiolus is a giant downgrade.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If you're going to have to climb that dumb mountain one more time I'm going to lol.

Also, there are many LPs of this game, and if this LP is defined by a guy making GBS threads on Prompto's godawful photographic skills in exceptionally specific lengthy and experienced detail, I'll consider that a selling point for your effort.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
what the gently caress is it with this game and all these bullshit swarms of enemies that kill everyone in 1-2 hits

I thought everything was going standard fare

then the game just casually drops in those assassin bots and everyone dies

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Level scaling is bad, directing you through a high level area as part of a forced event but forgetting to turn off the script where enemies randomly drop out of the sky is just loving hilarious.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

as I understand it, you're allowed to fast travel to any parking spot you've already been to. When you try to travel to a city or something it doesn't factor in whether you've been to a parking spot in that area and just picks the closest.

it's stupid.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
How did this game get made. Like, why didn't anyone try to stop them? :psyduck:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The project existed for 10 years, and I think when it finally started to take form as a game they were no longer willing to spend any more time second-guessing decisions or changing direction. So they just pushed out what they ended up with, and a lot of things didn't get fully polished or thought out.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 25, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have they stopped now, or are the mobile games and remakes profitable enough to keep this bloated corpse rolling?

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

They are advertising the mobile 'game' pretty heavily. The ads themselves are pretty bad, quite cringeworthy.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Gruckles posted:

The project existed for 10 years, and I think when it finally started to take form as a game they were no longer willing to spend any more time second-guessing decisions or changing direction. So they just pushed out what they ended up with, and a lot of things didn't get fully polished or thought out.

This reminded me to finally share this.

Taro Yoko posted:

I was creating a title called NIER Gestalt/Replicant when this title was called Versus XIII but because it was very likely that our games would release around the same time, I was thinking “oh man, Versus is an action RPG right? It would suck if the release dates were close to each other.” NIER ended up releasing without having to worry about Versus XIII but then, when I was creating Drakengard 3 I thought “it would suck if they release close to our release,” and it was the same again when we were creating NieR: Automata this time too. Looking back, I feel like I was trapped by the curse of Versus for about 10 years.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/13/yoko-taro-discusses-his-favorite-games/

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: SORRY IT'S BEEN AWHILE :frogsiren:

Episode 36: Mythril Hunt

I'll make a pic later, been really busy lately

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
apologies in advance on how salty I get in this episode

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
14 seconds in and Pompo really makes me want to close the video.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Boy the battles in this game sure aren't buggy at all are they

The saltiness is spreading

Edit: Last creme brulee I had was in Oregon and cost $8 and tasted like manna from heaven and now I want another one

Kase moch fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 9, 2017

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

Kuvo posted:

apologies in advance on how salty I get in this episode

While I wouldn't want the lp to be nothing but a bitch fest, it was honestly kinda cathartic. This game looks awful.

Summon cinematics are cool though, so points for that I guess.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I am so glad I didn't buy this game

I came very close

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

FF15: Dude, when's my marriage?

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

topiKal posted:

:siren: ENJOY YOUR VIDEO :siren:

topiKal posted:

:frogsiren: SORRY IT'S BEEN AWHILE :frogsiren:

Episode 36: Mythril Hunt

I'll make a pic later, been really busy lately

Is it just episode 36 forever from here on out?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
D-did you just murder Brrrrrap? :smithfrog:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
You find that ice kills the Crème brûlée mobs and fire heals them.

You have a choice of two spears. One has bonus ice damage, the other has fire damage.

Naturally, you use the fire spear.

"Why is it healing them?"

Least I'm not the only one who plays games like that and never realises it until afterwards.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
The camera during that Quetzalcoatl fight sure was a thing of beauty.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Your continuing determination to never heal outside of battle is quite bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
They want to get the most out of whoever the gently caress, Inctus'? cooking segments.

• Locked thread