Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Got someone in the comments of an FB post by the local paper using "poofs" already! The campaign hasn't even started yet but here we are already being even and respectful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
red rooster's new logo is awful. not because it's ugly - it's a beautiful, sweet logo. that's the problem. the rooster looks adorable. i want to hug the rooster. but you don't want me to want to hug the rooster - you want me to eat the rooster! when i got home this evening my mother had ordered red rooster delivery and it was amazing but the whole time i was eating it i was thinking of that adorable rooster, which i was currently eating, and i have to boycott red rooster from now on even though i think they're the best fast food chicken brand in australia because i just can't enjoy it anymore

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lid posted:

Lobbyists on both sides of the marriage equality debate would be free to distribute misleading and deceptive material ahead of the same-sex marriage postal vote, because the usual campaign rules have been discarded.

In order to circumvent the Senate, the Turnbull government's optional marriage survey will be conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, meaning the safeguards of the Commonwealth Electoral Act would not apply.

Can't wait to see the misleading and deceptive pro-gay material.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

"Homosexuals are actually normal people like you or I! They just happen to be attracted to the same sex where others are attracted to the opposite sex. They are not abominations spawned by lucifer himself and will neither rape nor eat alive your young children" -- Horrific gay propaganda

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i am at my computer literally tearing up about the rooster

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i'm distraught

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There are going to be some complaints in the newspapers tomorrow about the ABC.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the old ceremony posted:

i'm distraught

we'll get through this

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

the old ceremony posted:

red rooster's new logo is awful. not because it's ugly - it's a beautiful, sweet logo. that's the problem. the rooster looks adorable. i want to hug the rooster. but you don't want me to want to hug the rooster - you want me to eat the rooster! when i got home this evening my mother had ordered red rooster delivery and it was amazing but the whole time i was eating it i was thinking of that adorable rooster, which i was currently eating, and i have to boycott red rooster from now on even though i think they're the best fast food chicken brand in australia because i just can't enjoy it anymore

I believe that's the intention since their food is garbage that nobody should be eating.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

the old ceremony posted:

this is a very ausgbs post

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Never forget

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

All we'll really achieve by building our own nukes is ensuring that we lose everything of value in the event of a large scale attack against the US or UK, as opposed to just Sydney and maybe parts of Cockburn sound and Darwin.

You say that like it's a bad thing :confused: It would put the High Court out of its misery due to stupid for one.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

bigis posted:

Never forget

I had, thank you.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I was watching Bolt (since I was set my parent's place) and Rowan Dean said there's instructions on how to perform oral sex on a man on the ABC website. This content went without challenge.

Also the left are bullies pushing a neo-marxist gender queer agenda with their safe schools propoganda!

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Time for Sodomy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/895132955529564160

No additional commentary necessary.

(hell it's not legally a vote, none of the normal rules apply so sure why not?)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jesus this is becoming a poo poo show of epic proportions. Thanks Turnbull.

Thaull.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It'll be fine, we'll be able to spot the voting bees by checking Lyle Shelton's eye dilation and chewing speed.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Birdstrike posted:

I am aware of some, ah, "developments." Should hear more tonight.

Ahahahahahaha

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

"If you're an LNP voter, there's nothing incongruous about you being in favour of SSM because the LNP believes in individual liberties and family values"

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

the old ceremony posted:

The survival of red rooter still astounds me.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

the old ceremony posted:

red rooster's new logo is awful. not because it's ugly - it's a beautiful, sweet logo. that's the problem. the rooster looks adorable. i want to hug the rooster.

The new heart one? Its the same pose all the best strippers/hookers use on stage.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
NSW Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) CEO Barry Buffie has referred his organisation to the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) over claims made on ABC TV’s Four Corners on Monday night about the state waste industry.

“The Four Corners program contained allegations about corruption in the waste industry and suggested, or implied, corrupt conduct through inaction by the EPA in response to notifications of illegal waste activities,” he said.

The EPA’s director of waste and resource recovery Steve Beaman, who was interviewed in the program, has gone on “recreation leave” for a month, effective immediately.

gently caress you blonde goatee fatty

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Wrap it up SSMailures.

quote:

Michael Kirby to boycott ballot

Same sex marriage continues to dominate discussion here at Parliament House, along with the security situation on the Korean Peninsula.

On same sex marriage, there is now 14 days for all Australians to register their details with the Australian Electoral Commission if they want to have their say in the postal ballot.

A High Court challenge to the postal ballot could be formally lodged in the High Court this morning, with Tasmanian MP Andrew Wilkie and many others claiming it is unconstitutional and illegitimate.

One former High Court judge who won't be vote in the postal ballot is Michael Kirby, who says it is a "completely unacceptable" option and makes him feel like a second class citizen.

Mr Kirby, an old friend of the Prime Minister, is an advocate for same sex marriage. He's been in a relationship with his male partner Johan van Vloten for 50 years, but cannot wed.

He says the postal vote is just an unscientific opinion poll and it makes him feel disrespected as a citizen.

Shadow Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus and same sex marriage advocate Rodney Croome have called for people to strongly support change, should the postal plebiscite survive the legal challenge.

Here's Michael Kirby:

" I mean it's just a complete political improvisation and it's completely unacceptable and it should stop and I feel as a citizen I'm being treated in a second class way and I'm not going to take any part in it whatsoever. "

Boycott: 'A spit in the eye'

Liberal backbencher Andrew Laming has launched an attack on those calling for boycott of the postal ballot:

For Australians to see that kind of conduct - a spit in the eye - from the yes campaign is incredibly disappointing.

I will be urging Australians to vote however you feel on this issue, but not to boycott a plebiscite.

If you find opening an envelope, filing out a form, putting a mark on it, sealing an envelope and sending it back offensive, then I question whether you fully understand how democracy works.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

wow, how dare he. is michael kirby even gay?????????????????

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I'll vote in his place, 48000 times

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
This is such a shitfest.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Prediction: 45/55 next Newspoll.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I predict this will be the thing that unfreezes their polling slide and sends them splashing into the looow 40s.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you guys realise that a postal vote has more support than opposition, right

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The concept might, but you just wait for the execution.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

To think if Abbott stuck with the clergy, we'd be listening to his child abuse trial and verdict about now.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

The concept might, but you just wait for the execution.

i admire your optimism but this is the australian public we're talking about.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

BBJoey posted:

i admire your optimism but this is the australian public we're talking about.

I understand your cynicism, but this is the Liberal party we're talking about.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Here's how it's gonna go:

Postal vote clears high court challenge: 48/52
Postal vote takes place: 48/52
Libs decide that a 30% no vote (with a turnout of -50%) means Australians don't want SSM: 30/70
New refugee ship "arrives": Grand Fuhrer Dutton sworn in

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This is gonna be a loving poo poo show lmao.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I like Grand Chancellor Dutton.

He keeps us safe and makes the trains run on time.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
SA making a strong case for best state with the premier calling banks terrorists and the treasurer calling them cunts.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Anidav posted:

I like Grand Chancellor Dutton.

He keeps us safe and makes the train run on time.

Fixed this for you.

Because come on, like Dutton would have such a blatantly pro-public transport policy.

I'm absolutely going to be writing a big, hefty post on Facebook about the stupidity of abstaining from the postal plebiscite, I'll probably cross-post it here too if I think it doesn't suck.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
SA became the best state when Weatherill gatecrashed Frydenberg's press conference, then started styling on him and the federal gov over renewables.

• Locked thread