Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Xae posted:

Yeah. I get that you think you're God's Gift to political insight. That was why I asked the question that you dodged.

Why do you think you know more about the politics of Montana than someone who won a state wide election there?

I don't claim to know more about Montana politics than anyone. What I do know, though, is that only 35% of the country supports the idea. While I get that people in Montana are probably more likely to be among that 35% than people in other states, it seems pretty unlikely that the people who do support it, are voting R anyway.

Mustached Demon posted:

Wait you're mad at Patty Murray's quote too? The gently caress?

The fact that her objection to it seems to be, "Trump promised he'd pay for it, but he's not doing that," is a little gross, especially from a blue state Democrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Apparently Majorian confused this thread with the intellectual cesspool that is the dems are a waste. Though seeing how only about 3 people post there I dont get how that confusion came about.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Despera posted:

Apparently Majorian confused this thread with the intellectual cesspool that is the dems are a waste. Though seeing how only about 3 people post there I dont get how that confusion came about.

You're literally defending the border wall ITT.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Randbrick posted:

It feels lIke :words:

Ever considered it might only be you that doesn't understand the "psychology" aka motivations of DPRK leadership?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Majorian posted:

You're literally defending the border wall ITT.

Yeah I am. In places it makes sense to have a border wall. I'm betting more than 35% of the country feels that way.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Majorian posted:

The fact that her objection to it seems to be, "Trump promised he'd pay for it, but he's not doing that," is a little gross, especially from a blue state Democrat.

Your outrage at her comments is just flat-out bananas.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

I don't claim to know more about Montana politics than anyone. What I do know, though, is that only 35% of the country supports the idea. While I get that people in Montana are probably more likely to be among that 35% than people in other states, it seems pretty unlikely that the people who do support it, are voting R anyway.

ok so

two things you dont know

why he made that statement

the relationship between a national poll and the specific local numbers in his state

maybe the answers to these two things are related

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
So apparently we don't have a ambassador to South Korea.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A hundred pages? Isn't North Korea just doing what they normally do: Project strength to their own people while the rest of the world rolls their oh my god Trump took the bait...

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

trump wall is a fundamentally good policy proposal, problem is how he intended to fund it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Majorian posted:

It's a joke about Trump's absurd, pie-in-the-sky funding plans. People are allowed to make jokes about the president being a dumbass, aren't they?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Trump takes any kind of attack personally and does not like to seem weak similar to how N. Koreas Military is so basically N. Korea's posturing of firing a missile at Guam will in fact cause a retaliatory response from Trump.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Kale posted:

That guy doesn't know the first thing about deescalating anything. There's zero sign he's even remotely capable of such a concept. He only knows the big loud rear end in a top hat schtick and how to spew rhetoric and bile. Again for some reason America decided to make the equivalent of your average poo poo spewing forum troll it's leader and representation to the world. That's the part that'll stick with me after thus experiment is over and that it'd probably vote any given celebrity into any sort of public office regardless of qualification again

Imagine if Canada's electoral system was skewed so Alberta had an outsized influence on the PM election and they elected Ralph Klein's corpse.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Willo567 posted:

I meant more in terms of "do citizens have anywhere to evacuate to"

south korean subways are some of the deepest in the world and have a bunch of gas masks and stuff (and in theory they are stocked with food but it was a big thing that no one stocked them anymore after a while, but I imagine they might take that more seriously lately).

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Hollismason posted:

Nope. One of literally hundreds of federal positions that Trump has not even bothered to put forth a nominee for. Golf and Twitter take priority.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

ITT Majorian supports radically open borders with no walls anywhere. Once again showing that the left's only consistent position is that they don't like the democrats.

Ogmius815 fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 10, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Majorian posted:

From the same piece:

Great messaging there, Dems.:yum:

I realize I'm late but the guy who said that is from Utah, sooooooo

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So is it unwise to take my trip to Japan or South Korea this year?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

ok so

two things you dont know

why he made that statement

the relationship between a national poll and the specific local numbers in his state

maybe the answers to these two things are related

As of September 2016, the majority of Montanans opposed it: http://billingsgazette.com/poll-stance-on-building-us-mexico-border-wall/html_f020629c-f47d-5721-aac3-61df544696b7.html

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fulchrum posted:

No, it's fine. You want to go out in the first strike anyway.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Hollismason posted:

That's why we've had 4 different Trump threads since January

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

If you think they'd get nuked now is your only choice

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

It's pretty weird that you can't distinguish between the Great Trump Wall of the 2016 campaign and the concept of having some walls at some parts of the border.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

This circles back to my earlier point: 53% is a slim margin, and he may have more to lose by pissing off wall supporters with too-pointed rhetoric.

As far as I can tell your chief objection is his rhetoric not his votes. From Democrats in marginal states I don't care about rhetoric, I only care about voting record.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Quick Time Crime Event: Press Fire To Hide Wrongdoing.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Lets see 78% of republicans support it. There a few in Montana.

Also the question is kinda vague

"Question: Would you support or oppose building a wall along the border with Mexico?"

Could easily be interpreted as a wall along the entire border which basically nobody expects. Also seems to ignore the fact there is already a wall.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I can't think of a more disastrous series of events than what could occur over the next two weeks.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fulchrum posted:

I'm going to Japan in September. gently caress it. Gotta get those limited edition figurines before they all get melted.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wait til they look at the rest!

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

trump wall is a fundamentally good policy proposal, problem is how he intended to fund it

nope

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's not a terrible idea to spend billions of dollars on a infrastructure project but meh that's kind of a lovely argument.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Azhais posted:

Wait til they look at the rest!

That one is pretty good

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

That article title is a straight up lie, to my knowledge. All the article says is that Trump wanted McCabe gone last month. There's nothing regarding Trump's reaction to the raid this morning.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hollismason posted:

It's not a terrible idea to spend billions of dollars on a infrastructure project but meh that's kind of a lovely argument.

It actually is a terrible idea because on top of being aggressively racist its also useless when we could be spending money on actually good infrastructure that is very needed, so no, this is an asinine argument.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

SardonicTyrant posted:

Quick Time Crime Event: Press Fire To Hide Wrongdoing.

CNN is reporting on the Manafort raid, but it's mainly North Korea. Haven't heard one word about this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hollismason posted:

I can't think of a more disastrous series of events than what could occur over the next two weeks.

Why two weeks?

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

AlternateNu posted:

That article title is a straight up lie, to my knowledge. All the article says is that Trump wanted McCabe gone last month. There's nothing regarding Trump's reaction to the raid this morning.

The raid happened on July 26th. Minutes later, Trump tweeted about firing McCabe

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

AlternateNu posted:

I'm going to Japan in September. gently caress it. Gotta get those limited edition figurines before they all get melted.

But just imagine how rare the melted limited edition ones will be. Nerds will jizz their suspenders!

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Ever considered it might only be you that doesn't understand the "psychology" aka motivations of DPRK leadership?
No. Though with a question this weirdly turned and loaded, it's hard to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

The raid didn't happen this morning.

• Locked thread