Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sneakster posted:

He's in so deep with the Russians he's turning into Baron Harkonnen

Please don't make me think of Trump in *that* scene.:gonk:

Mister Adequate posted:

"North Korea will come to Flavortown... or I'll bring Flavortown to North Korea."

*every single North Korean keels over and dies because their systems can't handle all that lard and grease*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Considering the chicken was for lunar new year, how would it be racist? :confused:

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Gnossiennes posted:

Considering the chicken was for lunar new year, how would it be racist? :confused:

I thought it was a joke about who the chicken is modeled after

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Reading that article it sounds like she's listening to her long term staffers and not to random weirdos she's hired from Fox and Heritage, so that's not all bad

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
The 'best' part of that ADL article -

quote:

Another 4channer suggested spreading the notion that clapping was “anti-feminist"

:bravo:

Gnossiennes posted:

4chan tried to propagate lies that normal American gestures/mannerisms are hate-code.

e- like that chicken is almost imperceptibly doing with a wing.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 10, 2017

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

How many are just unfilled presidential appointments?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FizFashizzle posted:

duncan hunter, the gop rep who vape'd in congress and spent 1300 dollars in campaign funds on Steam games (probably on league because he sucks) is under fbi investigation

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/895467250165198849

Here's the future of the gop. Vaping dweeb dumb enough to spend campaign cash on video games.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

HisMajestyBOB posted:

How many are just unfilled presidential appointments?

:golfclap:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
For those of you not getting the racist chicken joke: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkshake_Duck

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If you're interested in reading an actual in-depth history of the US nuclear program though, Command and Control is an excellent and horrifying read.

My favorite part was how we sent our old outdated non-safety-interlocked bombs over to non-English-speaking European countries with only English instructions.

So the air crews there just kinda winged it on the loading and unloading procedures until some American inspectors went over several years later to find that the first step of the unloading procedure they used daily was to pull the pin which armed all the fuses in the weapon.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Majorian posted:

Donald Trump is to politics what Guy Fieri is to food, so...congratulations?

Come on now. Guy Fieri is a sweet guy who goes around being nice, showing actual passion and is super encouraging to the people he works with. Like as weird as his persona is, he is literally the nicest person in the business.

Just cause the dude likes fried food doesn't make him a petty amoral douchebag like Trump.

Like the dude wouldn't be a good president but saying he is the same as Trump is just so loving mean.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sneakster posted:

He's in so deep with the Russians he's turning into Baron Harkonnen

Someone please leak his tanning schedule.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

JuniperCake posted:

Come on now. Guy Fieri is a sweet guy who goes around being nice, showing actual passion and is super encouraging to the people he works with. Like as weird as his persona is, he is literally the nicest person in the business.

Just cause the dude likes fried food doesn't make him a petty amoral douchebag like Trump.

Like the dude wouldn't be a good president but saying he is the same as Trump is just so loving mean.

Isn't Guy Fieri the dude with bleached hair? How can people not like him, he's so nice! :(

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

FizFashizzle posted:

duncan hunter, the gop rep who vape'd in congress and spent 1300 dollars in campaign funds on Steam games (probably on league because he sucks) is under fbi investigation

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/895467250165198849

The comments about people wanting a dem to be FBI raided are just adorable. Maybe that would be happening if you didn't poo poo on Comey dumbfucks.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Lightning Knight posted:

Isn't Guy Fieri the dude with bleached hair? How can people not like him, he's so nice! :(

Two words: donkey sauce.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lightning Knight posted:

His show's just way over the top cheese for some people.

He didn't really help smash mouth eat the eggs either or however that saga ended.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Pepe wasn't a racist symbol until thousands of people began to create "ironic" racist pepe memes. Here's a hint the "irony" is just disinformation.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/katherinemiller/status/895414678486208512
"Did Obama pee on this bed? No? Then I guess I'll have to."

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Obama passed an executive order barring big strong boys from releasing their piss tapes

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

KickerOfMice posted:

4chan tried to propagate lies that normal American gestures/mannerisms are hate-code.

Anything can be hate code if you make it a hate code. If someone says "friend of the family" means "friend of the family" then you have a whole forum saying "friend of the family" over and over all day it is still racist even if the word it's changed to wouldn't otherwise be.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Obama never poo poo himself in public

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Dmitri-9 posted:

Pepe wasn't a racist symbol until thousands of people began to create "ironic" racist pepe memes. Here's a hint the "irony" is just disinformation.

Okay?

I think i'm going to trust the ADL's well written article over your two sentences. :shrug:

Equating a character from an internet comic about frogs and piss jokes with a cultural gesture that has been around for more decades than you and me put together seems reasonable.

BUT HERES A HINT :smug:

e- man I'm going to make the 'thumbs up' mean I hate 'World of warcraft and its players are subhuman!"

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 10, 2017

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Obama didn't achieve UHC, double minimum wage, start UB and free public educationI, LGBTQ federal protections, end the drug war, prosecute criminals in finance, pull out of military quagmires, strengthen unions, and lots of things. Get to it Fat Donnie.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Sneakster posted:

Obama didn't achieve UHC, double minimum wage, start UB and free public educationI, LGBTQ federal protections, end the drug war, prosecute criminals in finance, pull out of military quagmires, strengthen unions, and lots of things. Get to it Fat Donnie.

Obama didn't nuke North Korea

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Crabtree posted:

The comments about people wanting a dem to be FBI raided are just adorable. Maybe that would be happening if you didn't poo poo on Comey dumbfucks.

Last time a Democrat was raided by the FBI didn't they have a freezer full of cash and other "dude's guilty as gently caress" evidence uncovered in the raid?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Anything can be hate code if you make it a hate code. If someone says "friend of the family" means "friend of the family" then you have a whole forum saying "friend of the family" over and over all day it is still racist even if the word it's changed to wouldn't otherwise be.

'A whole forum saying this to each other' vs. 4chan trying to spread this internetwide as far as they can.

Apples and klansmen oranges.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

KickerOfMice posted:

Okay?

I think i'm going to trust the ADL's well written article over your two sentences. :shrug:

Equating a character from an internet comic about frogs and piss jokes with a cultural gesture that has been around for more decades than you and me put together seems reasonable.

BUT HERES A HINT :smug:

e- man I'm going to make the 'thumbs up' mean I hate 'World of warcraft and its players are subhuman!"

Good luck in all your future endeavors

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Dmitri-9 posted:

Good luck in all your future endeavors

An even handed response. I'm sorry your frog got stolen by wannabe nerd racists?

wtf?

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

KickerOfMice posted:

'A whole forum saying this to each other' vs. 4chan trying to spread this internetwide as far as they can.

Apples and klansmen oranges.

Totally not racist manchild Richard Spencer
https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/796132542739083264

Noted non-white power aficionado Milo Yiannopoulos

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

KickerOfMice posted:

An even handed response. I'm sorry your frog got stolen by wannabe nerd racists?

wtf?

Just posting a thousand year old good luck symbol to bring you good luck.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Dmitri-9 posted:

Just posting a thousand year old good luck symbol to bring you good luck.

You guys know we're talking about how the anti defamation league posted an article that giving the ok symbol is not a hate symbol, yes?

I know dogpiles are fun but this is pretty pathetic.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
https://www.adl.org/blog/no-the-ok-gesture-is-not-a-hate-symbol

So 'the dab,' clapping, and drinking white milk are hate symbols too?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Can I just ask, what is the origin of that hand sign they all make. It is some racist hand sign? I haven't figured out what it's real origin is and how it came to be.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

KickerOfMice posted:

They aren't really lies, they're all just agreeing that when they make the "okay" hand gesture they're really saying "white power" so whenever some alt-right shithead does it they're all in on the joke.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
The "W P" is for Washington Post. It's a gang sign among Newsies.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

KickerOfMice posted:

You guys know we're talking about how the anti defamation league posted an article that giving the ok symbol is not a hate symbol, yes?

I know dogpiles are fun but this is pretty pathetic.

Nazis don't do things in good faith. 4channers speak out of both sides of their mouth. When the news notices the phenomena it is a "hoax" but sarcasm, irony, and hoaxes have a strange way of becoming ironclad sincerity with frog nazis. The swastika meant lots of things for thousands of years and so did the OK gesture but that doesn't really have a huge bearing on what it means today.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Robot Hobo posted:

The "W P" is for Washington Post. It's a gang sign among Newsies.

ALRIGHT! I'm goona go have a smoke, can we all stop calling each other nazis please and ty.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

KickerOfMice posted:

ALRIGHT! I'm goona go have a smoke, can we all stop calling each other nazis please and ty.

I'm not calling you a nazi, I'm calling you naive.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dmitri-9 posted:

Nazis don't do things in good faith. 4channers speak out of both sides of their mouth. When the news notices the phenomena it is a "hoax" but sarcasm, irony, and hoaxes have a strange way of becoming ironclad sincerity with frog nazis. The swastika meant lots of things for thousands of years and so did the OK gesture but that doesn't really have a huge bearing on what it means today.

Turns out when people were asking me how I was doing whilst diving, it really just meant they, and I guess I, were just Nazis or something.

Underwater nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I thought the OK hand thing was a reference to the fact Trump makes it often while speaking? Like a tribute to him or something?

• Locked thread