Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Starting in 4.1 there will be an alliance raid roulette so putting crystal tower off until then might make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ciaphas posted:

Which is it?! :tizzy:

Maybe tonight I'll just borrow a bored NIN and try to watch DoT ticks under varying conditions on a dummy or something.

I was under the impression that player buffs were snapshot on cast while any debuffs on the mob were dynamic.

If they're also snapshot then I'm rather glad they got rid of a lot of DoT's on classes then, sneaking those in during the 10 second vuln up window provided by trick attack is kinda nuts.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

cheetah7071 posted:

Starting in 4.1 there will be an alliance raid roulette so putting crystal tower off until then might make sense

Whoa where was this posted at?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

I was under the impression that player buffs were snapshot on cast while any debuffs on the mob were dynamic.

If they're also snapshot then I'm rather glad they got rid of a lot of DoT's on classes then, sneaking those in during the 10 second vuln up window provided by trick attack is kinda nuts.

The only DoTs that dynamically update based on enemy debuffs are ground AoEs like Shadowflare or Salted Earth. Everything else snapshots.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

bewilderment posted:

I finished the 2.x Hildibrand quests. What a ride. What an adventure. 100% worth it for the trials and emotes and the conclusion.
Why were these like 100% better directed than any other cutscene in the game?

Because they're professionally done Gmod videos.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Whoa where was this posted at?

dunno, some interview. Apparently they're also gonna retool LotA to be 3 tanks instead of 6

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
LotA won't require a huge amount of retooling for 3 tanks.

Atmos, which we already have a version with 3 tanks during Ozma.

Allagan Bomb seems doable by giving the bombs no aggro table.

Big thing would be some of the trash pulls, really.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

TBH it'd probably be fine if they just replaced the tank slot with a DPS and made no balance changes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So are there any particularly good-looking AST weapons? I'm happy with my SCH and WHM glams but I can't find a AST I like. The closest is the 70 weapon you get with the set but it's a little plain.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

homeless snail posted:

TBH it'd probably be fine if they just replaced the tank slot with a DPS and made no balance changes.

True, most of the existence failures I see in LotA are related to mechanics.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ImpAtom posted:

So are there any particularly good-looking AST weapons? I'm happy with my SCH and WHM glams but I can't find a AST I like. The closest is the 70 weapon you get with the set but it's a little plain.

I like the Garuda and Shiva globes.

Altair is nice too.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

homeless snail posted:

I just hope they get rid of the towers on King Behemoth entirely. What a stupid mechanic.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As long as you can dickwave with your party's DPS in atomos and troll people in the bone zone, LotA is gonna be all right

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ImpAtom posted:

The gold saucer and latest pvp astro weapon look nice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brainamp posted:

The gold saucer and latest pvp astro weapon look nice.

Oh hell I forgot PVP weapons. I'll have to check that one out.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ImpAtom posted:

Get the Owlliege Globe. It's a star globe made of sticks and it has a little owl perched on top. It's a ilvl 110 PvP weapon from the Wolves' Den Pier for 1000 wolf marks.

edit: Get the i100 one, the Owlsight Star Globe. That one doesn't have any ugly particle effects.

Also, there are two owls. There's an even tinier owl next to the first tiny owl.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 10, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Leofish posted:

edit: Get the i100 one, the Owlsight Star Globe. That one doesn't have any ugly particle effects.

Also, there are two owls. There's an even tinier owl next to the first tiny owl.

Are you trying to get me to play AST?

YOU CAN'T TRICK ME I KNOW THIS PLOY.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Fister Roboto posted:

If you want I can spam the thread with scoreboards of me consistently racking up 10+ kills as a summoner, but I don't think anyone else really wants that.
It's pretty great. Once you get battle high you just chain gun EDs and a fester and once trance activates someone is dead. I don't even stay in trance, I just go straight to flare to bahamut to akh morn.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rascyc posted:

It's pretty great. Once you get battle high you just chain gun EDs and a fester and once trance activates someone is dead. I don't even stay in trance, I just go straight to flare to bahamut to akh morn.

Good buffs and good aoe healing or shields, and aoe healing seems to be the big thing every fight has this expansion (So far).

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

Canopus Lux

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

they're also gonna retool LotA to be 3 tanks instead of 6

i'm pretty sure they said that's not coming in 4.1 though too.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rascyc posted:

I know right? DWT is definitely a trap in pvp, especially since it turns your instant cast nuke into a hard cast, and it's only 5% more damage now. Summoner is ridiculously mobile with an incredible amount of burst dps. Anyone who think it's weak is obviously playing it wrong.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Whereas I tried MNK pvp for the first time today and although if you form shifted you can blow someone up, you're in trouble surviving getting out of dodge. Unless I'm missing something at least, since Riddle of Earth isn't a defensive cooldown. Pointers welcome.

nuru fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 10, 2017

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Count Bleck posted:

Are you trying to get me to play AST?

YOU CAN'T TRICK ME I KNOW THIS PLOY.

On the flipside, I love AST but I've never touched PVP in this game. That might change real quick though.

Speaking of birds, the Garuda EX sphere looks pretty neat. Only catch is that it's very green and has very green particle effects, so it might be tricky to coordinate with some glamours.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Susano globe is good if you have a blue/red aesthetic.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Ixion summoning ritual.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

cheetah7071 posted:

As long as you can dickwave with your party's DPS in atomos and troll people in the bone zone, LotA is gonna be all right

How do you dickwave with your party's dps when you spend the first three minutes of that fight in alliance chat begging the other parties to PLEASE stand on their platforms?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dumb O3s question: When it comes to snapping the vines, does your initial position from each other matter? i.e. if i'mat the edge of the arena and someone is in the middle will it snap at the same distance as if we both started at middle, or is it a distance travelled thing?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Stormgale posted:

Dumb O3s question: When it comes to snapping the vines, does your initial position from each other matter? i.e. if i'mat the edge of the arena and someone is in the middle will it snap at the same distance as if we both started at middle, or is it a distance travelled thing?

I'm pretty sure distance matters, so you both want to be as close to eachother as possible while still able to make it out of the aoe so it snaps sooner.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Stormgale posted:

I'm pretty sure your initial position matters, it does for other mechanics like it anyway.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

How do you dickwave with your party's dps when you spend the first three minutes of that fight in alliance chat begging the other parties to PLEASE stand on their platforms?

Did you finish before the others? If yes, dickwave your rear end off.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I heard bloodstorm was p good compared to the cold tower expansion of snowy towers.

How long are the Excal queue times?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I need advice from someone who understands gear progression better than I do. Do I upgrade my pants from 310 to 330 or wait a week and upgrade my 320 weapon to the 330 one? This is healer gear.

I was going to go with the pants, but I have someone telling me to prioritize the weapon.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 10, 2017

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Hommando posted:

I need advice from someone who understands gear progression better than I do. Do I upgrade my pants from 310 to 330 or wait a week and upgrade my 320 weapon to the 330 one? This is healer gear.

I was going to go with the pants, but I have someone telling me to prioritize the weapon.

If in doubt, always get the weapon first.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hommando posted:

idk what the current stat weights are so I couldn't tell you exactly how much, but weapon damage is going to trump any other stat by a wide margin

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

idk what the current stat weights are so I couldn't tell you exactly how much, but weapon damage is going to trump any other stat by a wide margin

This is always going to be correct, probably. Save for the weapon.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

homeless snail posted:

There's only +1 damage going from 320 to 330 and there's only an 16 point increase in mind and the pants give me 29 extra mind points.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's probably a fairly even trade tbh, I'm gonna guess going up 20 on the pants probably just barely edges out the weapon but I don't think it would be a super perceptible difference if you went either way.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Zeg posted:

How long are the Excal queue times?

Almost none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Excellent! I think I'll be heading on back to Excalibur from Ultros then. Hopefully good times ahead!