Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
If you open the upgrade window, put a weapon in there, upgrade it, and then log off without first closing the window, the weapon will still be in the upgrade window the next time you log in. It will not be equipped. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

prefect posted:

If you open the upgrade window, put a weapon in there, upgrade it, and then log off without first closing the window, the weapon will still be in the upgrade window the next time you log in. It will not be equipped. :cripes:

We used the crafting window as extra storage back during the TSW launch.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Space Skeleton posted:

We used the crafting window as extra storage back during the TSW launch.

:newlol:

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

in as SAHumbleMessia because whats reading when im making a character name if I could get an invite.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Len posted:

Can confirm that in 2017 scenarios still suck.

I never did them even once in TSW, and haven't tried yet in SWL so I am clueless as to what they involve.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

clone on the phone posted:

I never did them even once in TSW, and haven't tried yet in SWL so I am clueless as to what they involve.

Before it was three 5 minute waves to defend against. Now it's two 3 minute waves to defends against

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
That's a significant improvement.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ah, that sinking feeling of failing midway through In the Dusty Dark because it means that I will have to play through In the Dusty Dark again.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Ah, that sinking feeling of failing midway through In the Dusty Dark because it means that I will have to play through In the Dusty Dark again.

What, are you seriously going fo the unseen achivement? :D

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The idea of replaying Dusty Dark fills me with dread.

That loving jumping puzzle. And that hieroglyph invisible floor puzzle :argh:

I did like being chased by murderous mummies though. That was great.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

GEMorris posted:

That's a significant improvement.

It's still not really good though :v:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I liked when scenarios could be cheesed by spamming blood shields on yourself, causing the waves to come to yiu. Pubbies complained that this was "cheating", and it was patched out during the tests. Must have been the same pubbies who thought the tact-i-cool headset was a good idea.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Variable Haircut posted:

I liked when scenarios could be cheesed by spamming blood shields on yourself, causing the waves to come to yiu. Pubbies complained that this was "cheating", and it was patched out during the tests. Must have been the same pubbies who thought the tact-i-cool headset was a good idea.

You aren't supposed to use actual game mechanics in the game Hugh. You know better than that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Using my "free" daily sub key just got me the inferno regalia and a purple weapon fusion catalyst.

:haw:

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

...so that's where all my luck went.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Congrats! I've only gotten 2 purple weapon fusion thingies so far.

Also I think I'm done with the event, my last flappy cache only gave me 1 thing and I have the entire machine set now.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Congrats! I've only gotten 2 purple weapon fusion thingies so far.

Also I think I'm done with the event, my last flappy cache only gave me 1 thing and I have the entire machine set now.

The final item is the Runic Automaton pet. If you have that and the Bane of Dis title you are done.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Except apparently there's something you get once everything ends according to the dev stream

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yeah: the opening of Tokyo.

Unless you're suggesting that they will pull out one final event.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Tallgeese posted:

Yeah: the opening of Tokyo.

Unless you're suggesting that they will pull out one final event.

They will pull out one final event. From the dev stream:

Also, log in on Tuesday for the final "special something" before Weds patch.
Open your Relics before end of day Monday (you receive something to compensate but won't be as good as what's normally inside)

Also AEGIS IS GONE AS PROGRESSION! Wooo, no more aegis grind!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

What you get for the relics after all the items are gone is 2000 Anima Shards.

Or is there supposed to be something else?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

What you get for the relics after all the items are gone is 2000 Anima Shards.

Or is there supposed to be something else?

It sounds like something else? That's why I said

quote:

Except apparently there's something you get once everything ends according to the dev stream

Is there really? Who knows, but that's certainly what it sounds like. Because I'm not sure how making sure to open every bag before it ends gets each individual player Tokyo.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

No, I meant was there supposed to be something else in there corresponding to: Open your Relics before end of day Monday (you receive something to compensate but won't be as good as what's normally inside)

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Apparently soul blade is moving to charges instead of a timer

That is cool

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

No, I meant was there supposed to be something else in there corresponding to: Open your Relics before end of day Monday (you receive something to compensate but won't be as good as what's normally inside)

Presumably since they made a point to say "hey make sure to open your relics before it ends"

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I can't imagine they count how many you open above 10...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

I can't imagine they count how many you open above 10...

Really? You can't imagine number 14 having special loot? How would that be any different than kill 9 not giving you a title but kill 10 giving you a title?

It's probably nothing but why would they bother to tell everyone to make sure to open everything before the event ends?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Because Flappy will disappear after Monday and the caches will be useless.

They don't store a count of how many you've opened (though nowadays they could given the pay caches). They check what items you have and go down a list.

The only way the day 14 one would be different is if they were sneaky and made a separate cache.

Plus, AndyB already said that days 11-14 are all anima shards.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 11, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Exmond posted:

They will pull out one final event. From the dev stream:

Also, log in on Tuesday for the final "special something" before Weds patch.
Open your Relics before end of day Monday (you receive something to compensate but won't be as good as what's normally inside)

Also AEGIS IS GONE AS PROGRESSION! Wooo, no more aegis grind!

What will the new grind will be then? The return of auxiliary weapons?

Capntastic posted:

Apparently soul blade is moving to charges instead of a timer

That is cool

That sounds like a good change.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Because Flappy will disappear after Monday and the caches will be useless.

They don't store a count of how many you've opened (though nowadays they could given the pay caches). They check what items you have and go down a list.

The only way the day 14 one would be different is if they were sneaky and made a separate cache.

Plus, AndyB already said that days 11-14 are all anima shards.

You got proof they don't track the number opened? Because they very well could put a special character bound cosmetic behind number 14 and the rage it would create would be glorious.

I really want that to be a thing don't ruin this with the community manager saying there's nothing behind number 14.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

https://twitter.com/BachelorTSW/status/893028901810827264

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Posted before the dev stream today where they said be sure to open them all before it ends.

DONT YOU RUIN THIS FOR ME

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Apparently they said on some stream at some point that you don't have to be around all 14 days to get everything, so...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

Apparently they said on some stream at some point that you don't have to be around all 14 days to get everything, so...

Yeah they clarified on the Reddit. You get less shards if you open them after the event ends but you don't need the buff.

No surprise cosmetics but they don't become useless. So yeah be sure to open them all the last day or you get less shards.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
They're saying there is some kind of mini-event on Tuesday to signify Flappy leaving Agartha and the portal to Tokyo opening.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Maybe the exact same event they had before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUBM_ioGj9s

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Tha gently caress? I don't think I'm ready for this. What about THE ROOM? :ohdear: Arturo better make me run through the machine a few hundred times before he lets me into Tokyo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Apparently the discord invite is expired? So here's a link to the old tsw goon discord for anyone new wanting to jump in.

https://discord.gg/cYxVh2N

It has the added bonus of not needing you to prove you're a goon in 2017 to play a game with zero stakes

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Uh, no. The link in the OP works perfectly fine. I just checked.

Here it is:

https://discord.gg/xS7vJXW

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Edit: Figured out why it was acting up on my end. Don't know about Drinkfist though

Len fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 12, 2017