Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Cage posted:

I don't know how you guys can afford having so many cars. I have two and I get pissed off at spending twice the gas money/registration/inspections each year.

Its less "Can Afford" and more "Feeding my Addiction"

That and all my cars are incredibly cheap. I've had people come up and ask why my engine bays are dirty and my paint in poor shape: Because that poo poo cost money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah same. plus whenever I find a $500 car to play around with the missus has a heart attack because to her cars are stressful and annoying and don't have more than one what the gently caress is wrong with you???

since we don't have a large driveway and since I'm starting to care about cars less and less, I don't bring it up anymore
:same: Discovered that I'm only ten minutes away from a really rad indoor electric go-kart track and that'll do me for my speed-freakiness for the foreseeable future. I'm more interested in fixing my air conditioning.

your av still makes me smile and it's been weeks

ankle update:

last day at current job, got better job with way more monies, start monday :woop:

scuz fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 10, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah same. plus whenever I find a $500 car to play around with the missus has a heart attack because to her cars are stressful and annoying and don't have more than one what the gently caress is wrong with you???

since we don't have a large driveway and since I'm starting to care about cars less and less, I don't bring it up anymore
Makes sense I would totally give up my mustang for a doggo and wife.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

scuz posted:

your av still makes me smile and it's been weeks

:3:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Frankly it bothers me that BITCH goes outside the lines. Kid Vid was always kind of a bad rear end though.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Listen here kiddo, in the olden days you could by a 1970s car for ~$1k, housing was cheaper so we didn't have to live in flats or worry about parking. Petrol was cheap and petrol cars were still the future, so they wouldn't become obsolete and could only go up in value. It's hard to find anything under $20k now.
These days housing is hard, by the time any current $1k car would be old/valuable we will all be in electric self driving cars I guess. So there's no point really in collecting cheap cars any more I agree.
If you want to enjoy a good classic car now, buy a single good one and enjoy it while you can.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 10, 2017

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

I don't know how you guys can afford having so many cars. I have two and I get pissed off at spending twice the gas money/registration/inspections each year.

It's actually not too hard. I've owned several cars that were $100 or under.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Mine gets a little cranky about certain vehicles. He just knows I'm so over 4 wheeled problems he's just saving me from myself :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
You can pry my museum junkyard wheeled cagematch-too-the-death from my cold dead hands!

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 10, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL Indiana

http://fox59.com/2017/08/10/indiana-walmart-under-fire-over-own-the-school-year-like-a-hero-gun-display/

quote:

EVANSVILLE, Ind. – A Walmart in Indiana is under fire after a photo of a gun display quickly spread online. The sign above the gun display reads “own the school year like a hero” and appears to market the firearms as “back to school” items.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Hahahahaha, I thought that was a Canadian wal-mart but Indiana makes sooooooo much more sense.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan approved

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I thought the blue sign said "Fedora Law" for a second there.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It's because we love you.
Now go get daddy another beer from the fridge.
You've got exactly till the count of... *whips belt off*

Edit:

Slightly improved the improvised setup by busting out the Vandersteen 2ce sig II's

And throwing on some Pink Floyd reissues.

So how are things back in 1977? I bet rent is cheap.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

:patriot:

beep-beep car is go posted:

I bet the cars were terrible then too. No-one in their right mind would like an older car

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

slothrop posted:

I bet the cars were terrible then too. No-one in their right mind would like an older car

I'll have a Monza Mirage and a Delta 88 Pace Car, please

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

It's funny. I was born in 86, yet all my stuff is from the malaise era. I have a dozen motorcycles from the 70's, I used to have stacks of receivers and speakers but I pared most of that down and gave it to friends.
Most of my fishing reels and poles are from the 70's. My boat is a 1971 Glastron GT160. Even a lot of my tools and toolboxes came out of the 70's.

Edit: oh yeah and a lot of my camera equipment, including that enlarger that I'm using as a table as you see to the left in that photo.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dagen H posted:

Granted!

I'll have a Stratos and a Toyota 2000GT

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

BraveUlysses posted:

ilkhan approved
Fairly sure the banner is over a different display, but... sure. I know of several high school competition shooting teams around here.

I'm more sad none of those are ARs. I need another one. (No I don't, I need a buckmark and a couple grand worth of mufflers. I already have "enough" ARs and this state loving sucks anyway.)

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 10, 2017

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

slothrop posted:

Toyota 2000GT

1977 != 1967

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

ilkhan posted:

Fairly sure the banner is over a different display, but... sure. I know of several high school competition shooting teams around here.

I'm more sad none of those are ARs. I need another one. (No I don't, I need a buckmark and a couple grand worth of mufflers. I already have "enough" ARs and this state loving sucks anyway.)

Yeah, too bad WalMart wasn't selling ARs as back to school items! We can only hope they decide to step up.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Well according to wikipedia the last year of production was 1970 so I gambled on it. If I can't have that I'll have a Celica '77 instead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ilkhan posted:

Fairly certain it is sitting on the gun display. It was clearly from another area of the store though.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

InitialDave posted:

I thought the blue sign said "Fedora Law" for a second there.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

The last time I told someone that, I discovered how much I liked dudes. So uh, be careful with that. :gay:

It's not gay if you're pitching, right?

InitialDave posted:

Anything still in single figures is fine. I think I peaked at 12 before thinning out the herd a little. Currently 8 "on site" plus a couple elsewhere, though one of those is purely for parts.

Oh, good. I only have 7 RX-7s.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

3 out the front, 5 in the driveway, one under the patio, two in the garage, 19 on the back lawn, 2 beside the garage before I run into space issues.

Wether or not I'll be kicked out before that point..... eh.

One in the garage, two in the back yard, one in the street (I have less than a quarter acre. I could get the one in the street in the driveway, but I actually drive it once or twice a week, so no problem), and three at my parent's property. Should sell two of them at the house, so I can afford to rebuilt my first RX-7. It's the only one with any sentimental value, and it's a '79.

Cage posted:

LOL, you think all of them run and drive? Out of the 7 RX-7s I have, exactly ONE runs and drives. Registration and inspection in Texas is fairly cheap, too. Less than $100/year for each vehicle.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I find owning only one car to be stressful! What if it breaks? I don't have a spare!
I also find working on the car a lot less stressful if I know that there is a backup available, and working on non-essential cars is therapeutic.

Dagen H posted:

I wouldn't turn down either of those. It doesn't even have to be a Mirage. Monzas in general have gotten a bit scarce, and I'm nostalgic for my high school ride.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

2 4 6 8
Who're you gonna inseminate
Me
Me
Fuuuuuuuck me

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I wonder how much he looks like Gregory Peck?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Must like cats? Like that is the first place his mind goes when he makes a post like that? I wonder how much of is social media is just selfies with filters. All of it

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Don't doxx me plz k thx

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Cage posted:

My expenses are low and the cars are cheap. Only three are registered (at present)

Cage posted:

Makes sense I would totally give up my mustang for a doggo and wife.

I wouldnt, two of my Suabrus are for life

But I would murder the poo poo out of anyone in the worst way possible if they harm one of my cats.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm in trucking school and went out in the city streets over the last couple days. I got bumped into the class ahead of mine. I did well on the straight-line backing and they took me out the next day. So far I've done a couple great alley docks and a bunch of offsets. I mostly did this to have a class A in my pocket but drat if I ever get the time to drive cross country for a year I'm going to love it. These tractors are majestic

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Crossposting from PYF, I figured that folks here might also like some pics.

Mechanics recreate Renaissance paintings

More here
http://www.sadanduseless.com/2017/08/renaissance-recreations/

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Anyone else get really self conscious about showing anger in front of others? I managed to gently caress up and lost about 3 hours of CAD work earlier; I swore, slammed my laptop shut, and pounded my fist on the table so hard everyone in the room kinda gave me a look. I've redone the lost work and it didn't take that long, but I still feel like a jackass for... being upset? Idk, it's weird.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Enourmo posted:

Anyone else get really self conscious about showing anger in front of others? I managed to gently caress up and lost about 3 hours of CAD work earlier; I swore, slammed my laptop shut, and pounded my fist on the table so hard everyone in the room kinda gave me a look. I've redone the lost work and it didn't take that long, but I still feel like a jackass for... being upset? Idk, it's weird.

It's called being human, nerdlinger.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

Having had major anger issues for years, I totally feel you man. I used to break poo poo all the time.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
So I'm doing massive work to the yard and house getting ready for family to come up in 2 weeks for the 3 year old birthday party. Still building a fence that will challenge the Great Wall.

New baby Prius has a scraping/rattling from a wheel that I happen to hear (wife's car and luckily it just started the day before, "I didn't tell you so you wouldn't get mad?"). About to pull out the jack and take the wheel off muttering to myself I don't have time for this poo poo and then lightbulb. This is a new car, I schedule an appointment and in 20 minutes they identify a rock lodged behind the rotor (gravel driveway) and tell me to have a nice day.

It is hard getting into the mindset of having a new car and a great dealership.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just got a message on FB asking me if my MS6 was for sale from a local dude.

Um, maybe it is bro.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Enourmo posted:

There's a fine line between being cool and sort of funny-angry and 'hm this guy could snap angry'. Take it down 2.3 levels there, my technique for that scenario is I loudly say "gently caress" so people know you're not fooling around, give your laptop the double fingers while you mutter "These loving idiots" and then you can be angry and also still make it seem like maybe it wasn't your own fault.

Don't pound your fist on tables ever though. Especially since you're a large dude... and don't break poo poo either. Other than that, go for it dawg. Do your thing. Go get some fresh air, go have a drink.

Also what's 3 hours in the overall remaining 48-72 hours you have left before our very impressive, strong and good and very smart president goads some other dipshit smalldick daddy's boy into a nuclear war in order to hide the fact Vladimir Putin owns everything he is and has?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Started straight-back on Monday and now at the end of Thursday I'm doing consistent alley docking. They might send me to the DMV next week Friday. I'm so stoked. I'm going to stand in front of my truck, face the DMV tester and do a loving haka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKFYTFJ_kw?t=50s

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Ether Frenzy posted:

There's a fine line between being cool and sort of funny-angry and 'hm this guy could snap angry'. Take it down 2.3 levels there, my technique for that scenario is I loudly say "gently caress" so people know you're not fooling around, give your laptop the double fingers while you mutter "These loving idiots" and then you can be angry and also still make it seem like maybe it wasn't your own fault.

Don't pound your fist on tables ever though. Especially since you're a large dude... and don't break poo poo either. Other than that, go for it dawg. Do your thing. Go get some fresh air, go have a drink.

Also what's 3 hours in the overall remaining 48-72 hours you have left before our very impressive, strong and good and very smart president goads some other dipshit smalldick daddy's boy into a nuclear war in order to hide the fact Vladimir Putin owns everything he is and has?

As a big guy myself: never get physically angry -- the pounding fists, slamming doors, etc. It just scare people/makes you look crazy. Really don't go beyond a "gently caress" and the like.

• Locked thread