Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's also said (though I don't think actually proven) that Lovecraft regretted his racism in his final years because one of his caregivers was black and the two sparked up a friendship. Again, not proven so it could just be a story made up by people uncomfortable for liking his work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Sounds good mother

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

These are the people that end up cheating. The insecure ones are always the ones to jump into bed w someone else.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Erebus posted:

Sounds good mother

Perfect

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

For a second I thought I was in the PYF creepy images thread.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

More sad and frightening than funny :smith:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

bunch of y'all reacting like this is not the work of a fifteen-year-old

teenagers are crazy like that, it'll be fine

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Girl, to put up with all that, that head game better be out of control.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LordSaturn posted:

Probably. Plus Austin is an rear end in a top hat who tries to control everything and I totes hope Jenny leaves him.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Randaconda posted:

Girl, to put up with all that, that head game better be out of control.

Somebody didn't read rule 8

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Bloop posted:

I dunno, I gotta ask Keegan about this.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

:thejoke:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You are NOT to use memes or single emoji replies EVER. nasty nerd poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Still not nearly as bad as 50 Shades of Grey.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Man, Glenn Beck's gone off the deep end.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

LordSaturn posted:

You would think so but there are rules about drinking (the "21?" would indicate it's the US, and that they're underage, but close enough to warrant the question mark). And, more notably, two rules about moving in together, meaning they're either old enough to be considering that or this girl is a real planner. Also, who even wrote that "21?" or any of the other annotations? The whole thing is a mystery.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MrXmas posted:

You would think so but there are rules about drinking (the "21?" would indicate it's the US, and that they're underage, but close enough to warrant the question mark). And, more notably, two rules about moving in together, meaning they're either old enough to be considering that or this girl is a real planner. Also, who even wrote that "21?" or any of the other annotations? The whole thing is a mystery.

My feeling was that the notations were from a 3rd party, maybe a mom?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The annotations were written by the girlfriend, that's why they're all cutesy and use so many different colors of ink. She probably printed out the rules, realized they looked a little strict, and then did the annotations to soften it up, make it seem cuter and more personal.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Bloop posted:

You are NOT to use memes or single emoji replies EVER. nasty nerd poo poo

You are NOT to talk about

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Inescapable Duck posted:

Lovecraft was pretty hysterically racist even for the time. Oddly enough, he married a Jew. Though his works aren't exactly pushing the supremacy of the Anglo-Saxon given, well, the themes. (Not to mention both sides of his family having a history of major mental illness and apparently both of his parents died in asylums)

I remember reading that Robert Howard corresponded with him and the "hysteria" of Lovecraft's racism actually made Howard less racist because of its ridiculousness.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I am not the kind of guy who casually throws around the word "bitch" to describe a woman. It's rude, it's juvenile, and it's too easy to just immediately play the Bitch card.

However,

The woman who wrote this?

What a oval office.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CzarChasm posted:

I am not the kind of guy who casually throws around the word "bitch" to describe a woman. It's rude, it's juvenile, and it's too easy to just immediately play the Bitch card.

However,

The woman who wrote this?

What a oval office.

too young to describe that friend. why not just dial it back like say 4-5 notches.

that being said,

Run boy,

Run.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Breaking up with your girlfriend from high school during your first semester at college is a time honored tradition.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
It sounds very similar to this list:

Lotto winner splits from boyfriend after issuing hilariously demanding list of rules for Ibiza holiday

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

skasion posted:

I wonder what the origin is of this persistent myth that Lovecraft was a shut-in.

Well, I mean, for starters he thought black people laid eggs, which doesn't speak to having a worldly nature.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'm the gaffs and scruffys.

I have no idea what I am.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

There is no way that the girlfriend rule list is not either a) a joke or b) some weirdly hilarious fetish thing

The annotations really make it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah, it's hilariously unrealistic if you've never met/known anyone that unhinged and controlling.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I'm the gaffs and scruffys.

I have no idea what I am.

Gaff is slang for house so she's saying no going back to anyone's for afters, straight home from the club instead. She's saying it's Ibiza not some place called Scruffy's I think.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Plot twist: his mom wrote that list.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
goddamn if you need rules like that it aint meant to be kiddos.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Come on now, everybody has to learn how to be in an intimate relationship without codependency and emotional manipulation. Save that for your pets.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

you will NOT consider your choices naughty naughty!

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Who What Now posted:

Well, I mean, for starters he thought black people laid eggs, which doesn't speak to having a worldly nature.

HP Lovecraft was an autistic racist shut in with major issues with his mother and intimacy issues with women

He was our guy

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Idgi

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Oh my loving god, it's loss.jpg

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

It's sad it only took me a second. I see loss everywhere these days.