Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Why not a Cake Donut? Those are good btw.

yeast 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't think anyone posted this Daou tweet last week btw

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/893070659454197764

i need the biggest ironicat in the universe for this

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lumpylouise/status/895664272314834944

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Did Brock ever pay Daou or was Daou the guy paying CTR people?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Do these people even know what a twitter bot is? Because they keep using it in ways that makes me feel like they don't.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Do these people even know what a twitter bot is? Because they keep using it in ways that makes me feel like they don't.

I support a livable $15 per hour wage for all Twitter chatbots

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

Did Brock ever pay Daou or was Daou the guy paying CTR people?

consult former forums poster Mitt Romney, who people rationally believed was a CTR operative.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The answer may surprise you:

It's Iran

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zegermans posted:

consult former forums poster Mitt Romney, who people rationally believed was a CTR operative.

tbf he was broke brain enough to have actually been david brock

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Certainly the DNC would never use paid trolls

the trolls would get tax credits instead

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gradenko_2000 posted:

Certainly the DNC would never use paid trolls

the trolls would get tax credits instead

Tax credits? DNC trolls would consider themselves lucky if they got school credit.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

MizPiz posted:

Tax credits? DNC trolls would consider themselves lucky if they got school credit.
Only for entrepreneurs

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

the nexus of the better deal seems to be this site: https://democrats.senate.gov/abetterdeal/which which rehashes schumer's op ed, tax credits for employers and all, and promises they'll have more "in the coming weeks" (i dont think theyve announced anything new in the past three weeks or so since the schumer op ed)

thanks, I've looked for their online postings for the better deal but couldn't ever find them

Frijolero posted:

So wait what's the doughnut thing?

Nina Turner said she couldn't be bought with donuts and people are making it a big deal?

Nina Turner and some other Our Revolution folks showed up at a DNC thing to protest or submit petitions or something

the DNC refused to let them in, and to add insult to injury, the DNC bought donuts for them after they were booted out. naturally they were not very happy with this state of affairs and complained on Twitter about it

bad dem twitter is hyperfocusing on the donuts and ignoring the rest, presenting it as a case of hysterical progressive pansies being driven into a frothing rage by clever DNC donut warfare, showing how crazy and unjustified the left is about everything. the centrist boosters are now super obviously trying to turn it into a meme to counter corncob

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Main Paineframe posted:

thanks, I've looked for their online postings for the better deal but couldn't ever find them

Nina Turner and some other Our Revolution folks showed up at a DNC thing to protest or submit petitions or something

the DNC refused to let them in, and to add insult to injury, the DNC bought donuts for them after they were booted out. naturally they were not very happy with this state of affairs and complained on Twitter about it

bad dem twitter is hyperfocusing on the donuts and ignoring the rest, presenting it as a case of hysterical progressive pansies being driven into a frothing rage by clever DNC donut warfare, showing how crazy and unjustified the left is about everything. the centrist boosters are now super obviously trying to turn it into a meme to counter corncob

basically dems can only speak in decorum. its ok if you want to turbofuck the poor, so long as you are nice about it and offer them donuts. the refusal of donuts is the true offense in this scenario.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

loquacius posted:

I don't think anyone posted this Daou tweet last week btw

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/893070659454197764

i need the biggest ironicat in the universe for this

I can read pages and pages of Freep posts, listen to hours and hours of right-wing talk radio, but Peter Daou posts... Those are the ones that hurt my brain.

Like if there was centrist talk radio with Peter Daou and Joy Reid you couldn't pay me to listen to it.

anime was right posted:

basically dems can only speak in decorum. its ok if you want to turbofuck the poor, so long as you are nice about it and offer them donuts. the refusal of donuts is the true offense in this scenario.

The Republicans live in constant fear of their base, while the Democrats have nothing but contempt for theirs.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 17:23 on Aug 10, 2017

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

anime was right posted:

it's all about diversion and minimization

by presenting the least important grievance as unjustified and completely ignoring all the other grievances, they can essentially erase those grievances, at least in the eyes of anyone who finds them credible and hears the story from them first

by blasting it out on all cylinders from every bad Dem booster, they're hoping to get their version of the story out to as many people as possible before the real version can get any traction outside of lefty twitter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Montasque posted:

The Republicans live in constant fear of their base, while the Democrats have nothing but contempt for theirs.

dems respect and lisen to their base, it's just that their base is rich yuppie professionals

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/kthalps/status/895649472977530881

I'm so confused. She has a 🌹

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

you're misunderstanding the headline

quote:

But there’s another story here that’s less about Harris than it is about the way people are responding to her critics. And it’s part of a larger story in which a chorus of outraged pseudo-woke liberals use accusations of racism and sexism and smears like “Bernie Bro,” and the “Alt Left” to distort the actual Left into a movement of straight, white, men. The narrative ignores women and people of color or pathologizes them as self-loathing or tools of the patriarchy. Universal programs like single payer health care or even economic justice itself are discredited as inherently racist and sexist. Using the language of social justice, these liberals punch left at the very programs and policies that empower the people they claim to champion.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

did you actually click the link and read what it said

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

She's a leftist yeah

When she talks about erasure she's talking about this

basically the erasure in question is the berniebro fallacy

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
hm very interesting how liberals are calling nina turner "street" and "loud"....

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/895607433736880128

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this article is really great, along the same lines as the halper one

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/895644347806343168
https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/895644120034664449

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

It's a good take

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Don't even joke, she would absolutely be willing to do that and would absolutely be able to find people to fund it

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

1. more money for us
2. gently caress you
3. have some donuts

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

TL:DR:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't even joke, she would absolutely be willing to do that and would absolutely be able to find people to fund it

The Hillary Clinton First Woman Presidential Nominee Library

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

UHD posted:

1. more money for us
2. gently caress you
3. have some donuts

the 3rd one really differentiates the dems from the republicans. see, they're not the same at all

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

#NotYourShield

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

I enjoyed this post combo.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

zegermans posted:

Speaking of which, Greenwald intentionally burned a source, sending her to jail, because she made him look bad privately.

what

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
i mean, making her sit outside is a pretty big gently caress you. but donuts and water outdoors in SUMMERTIME is a radioactive level of passive-aggression. at that point you may as well just walk out and cuss at her.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

It's true

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

expect no actual substantiation beyond further bad posts presented on their face and that poster will never surprise you.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

after reality winner sent the intercept government documents, the intercept resent the original documents + mailing information back to the government where it was tied back to reality winner via printer fingerprinting

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it's was an incredibly stupid violation of their source, which given the intercept's history of protecting important whistleblowers seems suspicious

basically it's either stupidity or malice, or all reality winner's fault if you're a poster here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Going through imgur to find that Zoux photo reminded me that this gem exists.

• Locked thread