Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

PostNouveau posted:

I haven't listened in a long time. I didn't realize they started doing D&D again. What episode did they bring it back?

Not long; they created characters in episode 247 and have been playing them since episode 248.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

I haven't listened in a long time. I didn't realize they started doing D&D again. What episode did they bring it back?

Don't know the exact episode but it was like 3 weeks after they moved to the new space.

So far it isn't as good as the original run, i think Dan especially is still trying to figure out his character.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
The election seems to have really turned this podcast into garbage

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Still huh? I used to just stop listening whenever he started in on it but lately I just haven't been listening at all, been keeping up hope he'd come around though.

Dan go on Chapo

(and Cum Town)

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

The election seems to have really turned this podcast into garbage

I really enjoy the podcast.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Oh thats cool i mean theres still some good things about it

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

Oh thats cool i mean theres still some good things about it

I'm really happy that he talks about this stuff. I feel like his audience, as he's said before is full fo white male nerd libertarian types, probably need to hear the poo poo he's talking about. But also I think it's nice to hear someone with a platform talk about this stuff, even if it is through the filter of a rich middle aged white guy of moderate success.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think it's pretty unlikely that there's a libertarian who stuck around for weekly political rant numbers 1-26 without changing his beliefs, but weekly political rant #27 was finally when he got woke. I agree with 90% of what Dan is saying and I gave up months ago, and it sounds like I'm not alone. Harmontown has always been his pet project and obviously he can use it for whatever he likes, but I'd be pretty suspicious of any claims that there are still Trumpers in his audience and he's really changing their hearts and minds.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think it's pretty unlikely that there's a libertarian who stuck around for weekly political rant numbers 1-26 without changing his beliefs, but weekly political rant #27 was finally when he got woke. I agree with 90% of what Dan is saying and I gave up months ago, and it sounds like I'm not alone. Harmontown has always been his pet project and obviously he can use it for whatever he likes, but I'd be pretty suspicious of any claims that there are still Trumpers in his audience and he's really changing their hearts and minds.

New R&M fans might be watching/listening to Harmontown for the first time, you're assuming everyone that listens is a long time listener. If you don't like it I guess it's just not for you, I think they're starting to feel at home in their new space lately so to me these recent episodes have been pretty great.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
I think there's been a sharp uptick in episode quality since they restarted D&D.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
is Harmontown over?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Guy Goodbody posted:

is Harmontown over?

It's on Saturdays for a couple of months.

I've never thought about "the short end of the stick" before. Hmm...

Good guest this week. I like him. He seems interesting and thoughtful.

prefect fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Aug 8, 2017

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

prefect posted:

Good guest this week. I like him. He seems interesting and thoughtful.

:agreed:

Army Ranger dude, otoh...

he's very good at killing people

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

In case anyone missed it, Harmonquest Season 2 goes live September 15th on VRV.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

ElCondemn posted:

oh boy another geoblocked website to stream it on!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Good lord how many different streaming websites do we need

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They aren't on Seeso? The go-to streaming service for comedy? It's a streaming service for comedy only, with classic SNL, modern comedy, and new original content! How could that ever fail?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ElCondemn posted:

What is "VRV"?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

prefect posted:

What is "VRV"?

http://bfy.tw/D32k

For anyone that cares, Spencer posted on Twitter that if you wait until the 15th they're going to offer a free 7 day trial so you can watch season 2 for free.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Season 1 of Harmonquest is also free on VRV under VRVselect if ya haven't seen it (along with the pretty great My Brother, My Brother and Me TV show).

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

Season 1 of Harmonquest is also free on VRV under VRVselect if ya haven't seen it (along with the pretty great My Brother, My Brother and Me TV show).

Yeah, other than the UCB show all the shows I cared about got picked up by VRV so I'm pretty happy. I've had VRV since a while back when Crunchyroll kept hounding me to switch to it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wish VRV had picked up "Take My Wife," but I guess saving Harmonquest and MBMBAM is laudable enough.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
That fake Matthew McConaughey was annoying as hell.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I hope Dan gets his blood pressure checked. He seems really high-strung in this episode. :ohdear:

I like the Game Grump guy on the left, the one who looks like Rafi from the League.

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 14, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would it be alright to watch in reverse order? How far back should I start, if I'm interesting in the roleplaying stuff? Anyone found an easy way to download all of the video episodes?

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Would it be alright to watch in reverse order? How far back should I start, if I'm interesting in the roleplaying stuff? Anyone found an easy way to download all of the video episodes?

I think I started with the Harmoncountry episodes. The first run of D&D/Pathfinder was really good, Shadowrun was not so good.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yeah this show is not ideal for a backwards listen, the D&D stuff is very sequential, and honestly the show hits a lot of high notes early on (Spencer introduction, Harmoncountry, Community drama) which sets the tone nicely.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

well why not posted:

yeah this show is not ideal for a backwards listen, the D&D stuff is very sequential, and honestly the show hits a lot of high notes early on (Spencer introduction, Harmoncountry, Community drama) which sets the tone nicely.

I wouldn't recommend listening to the D&D stuff backwards on a first listen, but it can be funny to hear Spencer's summary of the previous adventure and then find out what actually happened.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you want to listen to the D&D stuff, there's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkwWaiYEhMc&list=PL1DKbHlh0Nwox5FK-EcQ6-l_wI9ZnX1kT

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy poo poo, Dez is a star.

Edit: Jeff nails it with the acid trip comment.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 17, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/Thesixler/status/899035640846622720

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Amazed the Game Grump guys didn't mention JonTron goin fashy

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

All the love I had for Spencer is now turned to hatred, why!!!!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spencer is absolutely right, people who order rare burgers have absorbed the idea that steaks should be rare and applying that to all beef products because they don't know any better. ground beef is like the absolute most surface are you can get out of beef, it's perfect for bacteria growth.

Hope you don't get e.coli, ElCondemn!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Spencer is absolutely right, people who order rare burgers have absorbed the idea that steaks should be rare and applying that to all beef products because they don't know any better. ground beef is like the absolute most surface are you can get out of beef, it's perfect for bacteria growth.

I don't eat rare steak or rare burgers, I eat "rarer burgers" because well done means it's dry and gross. He didn't say what amount of done is correct so I'm assuming he means any amount of rare is not good, which is totally wrong.

If you're cooking your burgers to 160F (temp of well done) why even bother making burgers? At that point you might as well just go to McDonalds. If you really wanted to you could cook a straight up rare burger (125F) and be totally safe, you just have to cook it long enough.

Here's a good article that gives you numbers and explanations for the methodology.
http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/meat_temperature_guide.html

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 20, 2017

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Is this related to the medium rare chicken thing?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the "smash burger" is the superior way to eat a burger, ideally a thin patty cooked at ultra high heat stacked on top of another patty similarly cooked with a slice of cheese placed between

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Law Cheetah posted:

the "smash burger" is the superior way to eat a burger, ideally a thin patty cooked at ultra high heat stacked on top of another patty similarly cooked with a slice of cheese placed between
this man speak da true true

made my first smashed burger a while back, never looking back. so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Guy Goodbody posted:

Raw minced meat, ideally veal, is loving amazing and I'm sorry if you've never had the chance to try it.