Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I don't want to get like, ahead of myself, but it seems cool how they're amazed how hyped we are about their product and that makes them hyped in return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is there a special add-on or something people use to get those slick images on the workshop pages? You know the ones that show like all 4 costumes with front and back shots. It looks like a pretty standard format so I assume they aren't just cutting up screenshots manually.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Minidust posted:

Is there a special add-on or something people use to get those slick images on the workshop pages? You know the ones that show like all 4 costumes with front and back shots. It looks like a pretty standard format so I assume they aren't just cutting up screenshots manually.
Nah, you just edit your workshop page after uploading to change the images. It's just cut up screenshots from the character creator + Photoshop.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Yeah the default images are just a random pose on a black background, you can then edit your workshop submission with any images you like afterwards.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Alright I'll just play around with the PrintScreen key then. Thanks!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

algebra testes posted:

I don't want to get like, ahead of myself, but it seems cool how they're amazed how hyped we are about their product and that makes them hyped in return.

Definitely different than the 2K approach

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

There's a spot open on the LLJK SuperCard team if anyone wants it. We're at the highest tier so we get pretty good cards.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There's a spot open on the LLJK SuperCard team if anyone wants it. We're at the highest tier so we get pretty good cards.

Plus the game is actually more of a game and less of a blatant cash grab now. Yay!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Oh yeah, you guys can kick me for space if you need i haven't been able to get on in a long time.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
In FPW, is there a simple way to copy logic/movesets between different edit wrestlers? I've made a few guys and it would be nice if I could just make them work like X or Y wrestler in the meantime before I flesh things out later. I'd like to dump these works-in-progress into a battle royal and still have it play out in a somewhat interesting manner.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Plus the game is actually more of a game and less of a blatant cash grab now. Yay!

I'm getting pretty bored with WWE Champions, is SuperCard a better game?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Minidust posted:

In FPW, is there a simple way to copy logic/movesets between different edit wrestlers? I've made a few guys and it would be nice if I could just make them work like X or Y wrestler in the meantime before I flesh things out later. I'd like to dump these works-in-progress into a battle royal and still have it play out in a somewhat interesting manner.

Not once they're already existing. I'm pretty sure that using the 'Model Wrester' option when making a new CAW will make a full copy of an already existing one, moves, logic and all. This would be pretty useful to just have a default model if you tend to map finishers/specials to the same move slots in each situation (post sm+med, grapple down+big, etc) across your edits. It'd allow you to have a 'default' logic that you could then tweak for personality instead of starting from scratch every time.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Fire Pro madman djkm has a set of logic template edits or there that might help as well. Never used them myself, but his work is highly regarded by many.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Ah good stuff to know, thanks. What's considered the most direct line to the devs for feature quests that don't really count as bugs? Twitter? I'm sure I'm not the first to want copied logic/movesets; might as well add my voice to the pile since they seem so responsive and enthusiastic about the project.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Minidust posted:

Ah good stuff to know, thanks. What's considered the most direct line to the devs for feature quests that don't really count as bugs? Twitter? I'm sure I'm not the first to want copied logic/movesets; might as well add my voice to the pile since they seem so responsive and enthusiastic about the project.
I believe their English-language dude primarily reads the Steam forum and a couple of threads on FPW Arena.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
They seem pretty responsive to both Twitter and the steam forums, but the most direct line to the devs is probably the regular stream/chats held with the game's director. One's coming up soon I think.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah there's going to be another Fire Pro World dev stream on the 16th, 8PM Pacific (11PM Eastern), on Spike Chunsoft's twitch channel.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm getting pretty bored with WWE Champions, is SuperCard a better game?

It's a fun game if you get on an active team.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I hope that the Fire Pro crew listens to AcidDragon. He's been doing mockups of parts that should be added and they would add so much to the game despite being extremely simple.

http://dctoyrevolution.org/images/fpweditparts.html

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Man, I think I'm just broken. I'm trying and trying, but Fire Pro is just kinda... not fun? It's a bunch of timing based inputs which is pretty boring since you need to be precise over and over and over again. It's like a weird Mario Party minigame. Downloading weird wrestlers is neat but all the match types are either incomprehensible (why can I pin in an Over-Top match?) or just the same. Even watching matches is dull - it's a bunch of grapples and random stuff happening and then 8 minutes later someone pins someone. I definitely have had more fun with the 2K games.

What am I missing?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Eh, no game's gonna be fun for everyone. Match types I'm assuming are a bit weird since it's rooted more in Japanese wrestling (I still haven't worked out how to make a "hardcore" belt work).

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Just a reminder; the NewLegacy Inc Royal Rumble charity marathon starts at 5pm EDT and is raising funds for Fighting Back.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Little Mac posted:

Man, I think I'm just broken. I'm trying and trying, but Fire Pro is just kinda... not fun? It's a bunch of timing based inputs which is pretty boring since you need to be precise over and over and over again. It's like a weird Mario Party minigame. Downloading weird wrestlers is neat but all the match types are either incomprehensible (why can I pin in an Over-Top match?) or just the same. Even watching matches is dull - it's a bunch of grapples and random stuff happening and then 8 minutes later someone pins someone. I definitely have had more fun with the 2K games.

What am I missing?

What Maxwell said but I don't understand how you think Fire Pro is like a weird Mario Party minigame or dull to watch because it's a bunch of random grapples but 2K isn't.

Fire Pro has its quirks (like you pointed out with match types and weird mechanics that have been grafted onto the system over the years like 3D look) but matches unfold much more like wrestling matches. It progresses from weak grapples/strikes to medium to big. With the deep AI system, you can make a wrestler wrestle more like their real life counterpart.

That's a problem with the Workshop. Alot of wrestlers either have default AI or bad AI.

These collections are direct ports from old Fire Pro games.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=969098667
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1083672063

These collections have good/decent AI.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1088967537
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=993475523
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1087686471
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1057183818

It's better to select the wrestlers you want instead of subscribing to the whole thing since there's alot of overlap. Nearly every day, new people are being added to those collections. I've been trying to stick to ports from older games, wrestlers with decent AI that haven't been in Fire Pro games, goofy fantasy characters and I have over 400 wrestlers. For a game that's only been out a month, that's pretty wild. It isn't hard to imagine that 3 years from now we'll have decent versions of nearly every wrestler from over the past 60 years.

My suggestion would be to go through the Mission Mode. It isn't fun at all but it does teach you all the mechanics of the game.

Personally I have fun playing matches and simming random battle royales. It's a bunch of fun to watch a 8 man timed rumble at 125% speed of AKI Man vs Asuka vs Ed "Strangler" Lewis vs Donald Trump vs Rusev vs Krang from Ninja Turtles vs Peter Aerts vs Giant Baba with Fair Bear as ref.

And it's worth keeping in mind that we're still in early access. Management Of The Ring and some sort of story mode is going to get added. The developers mentioned that an expanded battle royal match with more than 6 entries (aka Royal Rumble) is also possible. So there's more to come.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Aug 11, 2017

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Newbie SuperCard question: once my wild deck is all rares, is there any point at all in my keeping my uncommons or should I just use them for training?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Thanks for that link to the FPD edits. Especially that Benoit. Me and FPD Benoit go way back and may be the most fun iteration of him in a game. That game may still be my favorite in the series for sentimental reasons. Everything just felt riiight. :unsmith:

Should we arrange a weekly designated "online day" for us to meet and play online or pit our original edits against each other? A forums original-only E-Fed could be cool.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Julio Cruz posted:

Newbie SuperCard question: once my wild deck is all rares, is there any point at all in my keeping my uncommons or should I just use them for training?

The real supercard grind lies in the fact that a "properly" pro'd card will beat a card of the next tier up.

To properly pro a card you have to play a certain number of matches with that card for each stat. So for uncommons, each card has to be in a match where it uses POW 10 times, and TGH 10 times, etc. If you look at the card on the improve screen there will be a bar under each stat that tells you how many matches you've played in each stat and how many you still need to do.

I don't know if it's worth it to pro uncommons, TBH, but eventually this is what you're going to spend all of your time doing.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Dishwasher posted:

A forums original-only E-Fed could be cool.

I'd totally be down to participate in an eFed. I'd offer to run it but my 'running the kids around' schedule won't allow it.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I too am interested in an E fed. Sounds kind of fun.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Graphics are looking good for 2K18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbcSJ7FEPfw

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The real supercard grind lies in the fact that a "properly" pro'd card will beat a card of the next tier up.

To properly pro a card you have to play a certain number of matches with that card for each stat. So for uncommons, each card has to be in a match where it uses POW 10 times, and TGH 10 times, etc. If you look at the card on the improve screen there will be a bar under each stat that tells you how many matches you've played in each stat and how many you still need to do.

I don't know if it's worth it to pro uncommons, TBH, but eventually this is what you're going to spend all of your time doing.

For uncommons I'd recommend just dirty fusing them without properly proing.

At the point you are, most important thing you can do is get your daily login bonuses.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

yeah NBA 2K18 looks amazing too. I don't know if they switched engines or what

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

And that's after I've leveled both of them to 15 and combined them together, right?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Julio Cruz posted:

And that's after I've leveled both of them to 15 and combined them together, right?

They have to be max level and have all their matches done before you combine them.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

projecthalaxy posted:

yeah NBA 2K18 looks amazing too. I don't know if they switched engines or what

It definitely sounds like it. At the very least they got new lighting that doesn't turn everyone into a shiny slabs of meat.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Oh drat... that does look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKG8ONbF9kA

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

brock and seth look better but maybe I'm crazy--Orton either got fatter in a year or the 2k17 version looked a little better

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

DLC Inc posted:

brock and seth look better but maybe I'm crazy--Orton either got fatter in a year or the 2k17 version looked a little better

naw I paused it in that side by side a few times and 2k17 randy does look better.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc NL Rumblethon has started with an amazing rumble by the numbers video

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Midnightghoul posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc NL Rumblethon has started with an amazing rumble by the numbers video

They hit 2k donations before the first rumble even started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Maybe I'm dreaming but pretty sure some of the 2k17 models had wildly differing quality. Like don't necessarily expect Bo Dallas to have lovingly rendered paunch in 2k18.