Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Lester Shy posted:

Why has Drudge gone all black and white? They haven't run a color photo on the main page in like three days. Have they finally adopted something like a style guide?

He's done that before every now and then. I'm not sure why. He likes to play with the colors and arrange his photos in different, sometimes unified ways. Maybe he gets bored of working with such a simple website for years on end.

Someone mentioned Drudge turning against Trump a ways back in this thread, and I really don't think he has at all, even a bit. It's still straight up Trump propaganda most of the time. Earlier he had a photo of a stern looking Trump saluting at the top of his page with a headline "ORDER COMES TO WHITE HOUSE". Whenever there's positive economic news he links to it with the preface "GREAT AGAIN". He's turned against the GOP more than anything, for the Obamacare failure and so on. He sounded alarm bells over the Rasmussen approval rating being so low, but I don't think that was intended to be negative toward Trump himself. For a long time Drudge has been building a narrative that any failures and setbacks for Trump are because of a grand conspiracy of powerful enemies trying to stop him from Making America Great Again.

Another interesting thing about Drudge, is that he seems really fascinated by sex robots. He links to stories about them all the time. I've noticed it again and again lately. Right now he has this up:

Drudge has always seemed to have a kind of weird techno-narcissist utopian worldview, with his hardcore global warming denial and love of sensationalist stories about futuristic tech, like cybernetic implants, AI, drones, self-driving cars and sex robots of course. And he loves sexed-up, glamorous rich people. The way he writes his headlines and puts stuff around his page makes them seem like superstar heroes leading the western world to greatness. Probably because Drudge sees his own self as a superstar, mysterious, sexy rich man taking on the world of journalism with his one-man show of greatness and genius. And I remember Drudge having a huge crush on Milo Yiannopoulis, back when he was more of a thing. Drudge propped up any story about him as major headlines, always including glamour shots of him at the top of his page. When he was banned from Twitter, Drudge was in full-on :siren:ALERT:siren: mode.

People like Drudge almost remind me of the old pre-WW1 Italian futurists, with their pseudo-fascist glorification of modernism and love of violence, speed, industry and technology. It's bizarre and kind of terrifying that Drudge has such massively enormous influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

toanoradian posted:

Oh, I thought Chelsea=Bugs Bunny is a meme thing, like maybe Bugs is a hated figure or something, or maybe it's a slang, or some form of insider joke for alt-rights.

Turns out it's just mocking a woman's looks. Cool cool cool cool

None of you people are qualified to post in this thread.

It's this:

http://blackbag.gawker.com/is-this-chelsea-clintons-real-father-1780376180

which has been a theory bandied about on places like freerepublic since the late 90s.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Twelve by Pies posted:

Imagine the effect on our culture, particularly on the young, if the kind of fame and adulation bathing Lady Gaga attached to the more notable achievements of say, Warren Buffett.

Yes, use Warren Buffett, who famously advocates for raising taxes on the rich, as part of your argument that the rich shouldn't be taxed at all.

Keeshhound posted:

Hilariously, dilbertman himself made a half decent comic about how stupid it is to view the wealthy as role models. I'm sure he's forgotten by now, but I'll always remember:

"Beware the advice of successful people; they do not seek company."

My favorite "hilarious in hindsight" Dilbert is this one, which is basically the Trump administration:

http://dilbert.com/strip/1996-03-10

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Doesn't the right-wing want corporations to be able to hire/fire employees at will? Aren't they against government regulation of corporations or worker protections? It just confuses me...

Only when it goes their way. When the "free market" decides "gently caress O'Reilly" or something and advertisers pull out, it's liberal fascism. The right is sort of selective in the ways they apply their absolutism and ideology, much like overly religious types.

It's almost like they're hypocrites or something.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BiggerBoat posted:

Only when it goes their way. When the "free market" decides "gently caress O'Reilly" or something and advertisers pull out, it's liberal fascism. The right is sort of selective in the ways they apply their absolutism and ideology, much like overly religious types.

It's almost like they're hypocrites or something.

https://twitter.com/business/status/894922691098148865

this has been up for 12 hours, so I can only assume they're being sincere about it

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

ClancyEverafter posted:

It's this:

which has been a theory bandied about on places like freerepublic since the late 90s.

Clinton conspiracies could become its own specialized field for conspiracy people, like how "Atlantis" had its very wide field of conjectures and myths. You have Bill conspiracies, you have the juiciest Hillary conspiracies and Chelsea had her own as well.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Fox news on at the gym with Hannity talking about Al Gore's movie:

Guy that will never shut up: You see Al Gore's new movie bomb? 15/15, hurr. Used to be global warming, now they changed a decimal and its climate change.

I just nodded, and was like *mmm hmm*
I mean really, a documentary didn't do well against summer blockbusters? Color me loving surprised. And wasn't it RWM that coined the phrase "climate change" so they could make it not sound so bad? Whats this decimal thing he's talking about?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Speaking of Hannity. Sean was apparently so terrified by the prospect of actual nuclear war breaking out that he pledged to give up being an rear end in a top hat for a full twelve hours as a gesture of good faith and basic humanity; he only made it seven.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Phone posted:

https://twitter.com/business/status/894922691098148865

this has been up for 12 hours, so I can only assume they're being sincere about it

I....what? loving Bloomberg man..

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

toanoradian posted:

That's a response to Chelsea Clinton saying "hope you enjoy Six Flags, I went there as a child" in response to this tweet:
https://twitter.com/scottisbell_/status/894659232548749313

I don't get it, honestly. Is this some advanceed irony levels of owns or what

It's lovely as gently caress and referencing their RWM created bullshit theory that Webb Hubbell is Chelsea's real dad.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Kenzie posted:

He's done that before every now and then. I'm not sure why. He likes to play with the colors and arrange his photos in different, sometimes unified ways. Maybe he gets bored of working with such a simple website for years on end.

Someone mentioned Drudge turning against Trump a ways back in this thread, and I really don't think he has at all, even a bit. It's still straight up Trump propaganda most of the time. Earlier he had a photo of a stern looking Trump saluting at the top of his page with a headline "ORDER COMES TO WHITE HOUSE". Whenever there's positive economic news he links to it with the preface "GREAT AGAIN". He's turned against the GOP more than anything, for the Obamacare failure and so on. He sounded alarm bells over the Rasmussen approval rating being so low, but I don't think that was intended to be negative toward Trump himself. For a long time Drudge has been building a narrative that any failures and setbacks for Trump are because of a grand conspiracy of powerful enemies trying to stop him from Making America Great Again.

Another interesting thing about Drudge, is that he seems really fascinated by sex robots. He links to stories about them all the time. I've noticed it again and again lately. Right now he has this up:

Drudge has always seemed to have a kind of weird techno-narcissist utopian worldview, with his hardcore global warming denial and love of sensationalist stories about futuristic tech, like cybernetic implants, AI, drones, self-driving cars and sex robots of course. And he loves sexed-up, glamorous rich people. The way he writes his headlines and puts stuff around his page makes them seem like superstar heroes leading the western world to greatness. Probably because Drudge sees his own self as a superstar, mysterious, sexy rich man taking on the world of journalism with his one-man show of greatness and genius. And I remember Drudge having a huge crush on Milo Yiannopoulis, back when he was more of a thing. Drudge propped up any story about him as major headlines, always including glamour shots of him at the top of his page. When he was banned from Twitter, Drudge was in full-on :siren:ALERT:siren: mode.

People like Drudge almost remind me of the old pre-WW1 Italian futurists, with their pseudo-fascist glorification of modernism and love of violence, speed, industry and technology. It's bizarre and kind of terrifying that Drudge has such massively enormous influence.

You'd think he as a conservative of some stripe should be discouraged from this not only because its wanting excess new things just jumping out and molding society without any testing of if they even function or what effect they could have on our oh so precious culture, but that the last time people just expected technology to just make everything easy and perfect for humanity, they were expecting this from 1980-2000. And yet, surprise, here we are again hating scientists, but expecting science to just make all of our lazy conservative fantasies come true without any effort put into them somehow!

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

ClancyEverafter posted:

It's this:

I was about to post the explanation. Thank you for beating me to it. The Clinton Conspiracies are just straight up laughable, but unfortunately are very real to some. My family has been affected. I heard the Seth Rich conspiracy from my little brother, who's 16. My step-dad is a full blown tea partier. Our family vacation was definitely....strained, this year.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/09/politics/kfile-ron-johnson-john-mccain/index.html

A GOP senator alleges that John McCain's brain tumor played some part in his no vote. Who the gently caress has the gall to say something like this?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Vargatron posted:

A GOP senator alleges that John McCain's brain tumor played some part in his no vote. Who the gently caress has the gall to say something like this?

I don't know but I'm honestly surprised it took this long. I predicted it when he voted.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Vargatron posted:

The Republican party literally aches to strip healthcare from poor and disabled people to fund tax breaks to millionaires.

They ache to poison our water for temporary fracking profits.

They ache to privatize public utilities so they can soak even more of poor people's discretionary income.

They have conspired to stagnate wages, and dilute hours to avoid paying benefits to their low income workers.

As lovely as this quote is, its loving nothing in comparison to the GOP's villainous platform.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Vargatron posted:

I mean, we would do it too if it went the other way.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I mean, we would do it too if it went the other way.

...No? I was ready to attribute it to the pattern of behavior he's displayed during the entirety of his political career.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Keeshhound posted:

...No? I was ready to attribute it to the pattern of behavior he's displayed during the entirety of his political career.

I wish it were as easy as saying "it's a tumah" whenever the Republican party platform comes up. But you can't blame their callous selfishness on runaway cell division.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

My Face When posted:

I was about to post the explanation. Thank you for beating me to it. The Clinton Conspiracies are just straight up laughable, but unfortunately are very real to some. My family has been affected. I heard the Seth Rich conspiracy from my little brother, who's 16. My step-dad is a full blown tea partier. Our family vacation was definitely....strained, this year.

I'm sorry, man, that sucks. I feel lucky that my parents are politically leftish, if pretty middlebrow, policy-uninterested types. It can be annoying hearing mom crow about something that EVEN GEORGE WILL agreed with on some Sunday show, but probably leaps and bounds better than what you're dealing with.

Get your brother some Chapo Trap House episodes and encourage him to rebel in the only way that matters in his context.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Vargatron posted:

OF COURSE it was that Ron Johnson scumbag.

Aside from obviously Trump winning the election, the second greatest tragedy was seeing this fuckhead once again defeat Russ Feingold. Even if the Democratic makeup of the senate was exactly the same today, I'd be fine with it if only this shitstain got the boot.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/895390310448205826

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/895391695537418240

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/895397000006578176

I'm no lawyer, but it seems real dumb to initiate this suit before Fox's internal investigation is even finished, if winning is your goal. Probably a good move if you just want to vindictively intimidate/isolate a reporter though.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vargatron posted:

Probably every poster on these forums and also trump, soon, in a tweet, probably.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Suing the reporter alone seems like a dumb attempt to dodge Huffpo's lawyers. Like Huffpo is gonna be like "Oh, you're not suing us, just our employee over something they wrote on our site? Well no need for us to get involved then."

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's a good thing there isn't years of video of Eric Boiling being a greasy creep on TV or whatever.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Vargatron posted:

Vargatron posted:

A GOP senator

Welcome, you must be new to American politics.

We used to keep a running tally of days since a GOP rep said something horrendous about rape.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

The Republican party literally aches to strip healthcare from poor and disabled people to fund tax breaks to millionaires.

They ache to poison our water for temporary fracking profits.

They ache to privatize public utilities so they can soak even more of poor people's discretionary income.

They have conspired to stagnate wages, and dilute hours to avoid paying benefits to their low income workers.

Well this is all news to me, sir. I believe you'll find that these are true, patriotic americans and you have been deceived by the liberal media.

Phone posted:

It's a good thing there isn't years of video of Eric Boiling being a greasy creep on TV or whatever.

"Fake news"

Pay attention people.

EDIT:

So to the surprise of no one at all: according to Rush, NK is entirely the fault of Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama and NK's nuclear missile capabilities were never reported in 2013 and were buried because, of course, the media was determined to portray Obama in a positive light. Oddly, the GWB administration and their role in containing/not containing NK was never mentioned and the fact that Trump is threatening "Fire and Fury", shooting of his big dumb mouth and escalating the tensions, was also ignored as a possible and logical reason for "Why This SUDDENLY News". Also, apparently, Obama armed NK himself*

I guess it's fair to explore the various administrationss approaches and decisions to NK but ignore 8 entire years of it that happened right after 9/11 and all the "axis of evil" poo poo.

*citation needed.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 10, 2017

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Lester Shy posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/895390310448205826

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/895391695537418240

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/895397000006578176

I'm no lawyer, but it seems real dumb to initiate this suit before Fox's internal investigation is even finished, if winning is your goal. Probably a good move if you just want to vindictively intimidate/isolate a reporter though.

Speaking of Yashar Ali

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/895720467247415296

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Jeffrey Lord was fired for tweeting Sieg Heil.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

joepinetree posted:

Jeffrey Lord was fired for tweeting Sieg Heil.

It must be way harder than I ever imagined to hide your lovely beliefs, since these idiots are leaping at the opportunity to out themselves the moment things look even a little like they've "won."

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal
Not exactly right wing media, but I feel like you could change a few details and the RWM would have an absolute conniption fit. Two sheriff's deputies stole marijuana from their evidence room and sold it through a CI. The judge was so moved by their contrition that he went under the already laughable 9 month sentence recommendation from the prosecutor, and gave them probation and community service. http://www.bakersfield.com/news/for...11bab0efca.html

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Keeshhound posted:

It must be way harder than I ever imagined to hide your lovely beliefs, since these idiots are leaping at the opportunity to out themselves the moment things look even a little like they've "won."

Its even worse than that. That was his response to Angelo Carusone mildly snarkily saying "hey, the next time you write a hit piece about me, at least spell my name right." And Lord immediately jumped to :godwinning: as his reply.

These people get so prissy when you call them Nazis. Well then they should stop acting like literal loving Nazis!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

JohnClark posted:

Not exactly right wing media, but I feel like you could change a few details and the RWM would have an absolute conniption fit. Two sheriff's deputies stole marijuana from their evidence room and sold it through a CI. The judge was so moved by their contrition that he went under the already laughable 9 month sentence recommendation from the prosecutor, and gave them probation and community service. http://www.bakersfield.com/news/for...11bab0efca.html

Tbf, having driven through Bakersfield I would smoke whatever I could get my hands on to forget I lived in Bakersfield. Still, it's better than Barstow.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

JohnClark posted:

change this to Chicago and you got yourself a Breitbart headline

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

nine-gear crow posted:

These people get so prissy when you call them Nazis. Well then they should stop acting like literal loving Nazis!

*puts on cape, inserts plastic fangs, removes all garlic and mirrors from house*

What, ME, a ~VAMPIRE~? How DARE you make intolerant assumptions such as this. Furthermore,

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

When will liberals and their media cohorts finally stop quoting the actual things that Donald Trump tweets and cease reporting on the things he says and does every single day, along with his Republican congress, his hand picked cabinet and his closest supporters and stop picking on all of them for the things they actually say and do?

It's not fair, I tell you, documenting real stuff our elected leaders say and do as a matter of public record, and I, for one, am sick of it. It's really loving up Making America Great Again, documenting these "statements" and "actions" all the time, and I wish they'd cut the poo poo.

It's harshing my buzz.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

nine-gear crow posted:

Its even worse than that. That was his response to Angelo Carusone mildly snarkily saying "hey, the next time you write a hit piece about me, at least spell my name right." And Lord immediately jumped to :godwinning: as his reply.

He was just deeply offended by Media Matters's advocating boycotting conservatives. Non-government entities encouraging people not to spend their money is exactly like the Nazis. Also, conservatives are the same as Jews in the 30's, who controlled all branches of the German government.

If the irony gods are kind, someone will find Lord encouraging people to boycott google for firing that douchebag.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Words have ceased to have meaning years ago. I was thinking about re-reading through The Authoritarians again, but thought better of it.

In other news, the right wing mediasphere has basically doubled at this point due to the advent of RADICAL CENTRISTS being horrible shitlords for whatever their brain parasites are telling them to do.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

They are obsessed with pedophilia.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

What's going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

Mr Interweb posted:

What's going on here?

Guy makes up a story about Yashar Ali molesting his daughter, and his real daughter shows up to call him out.