Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UHD
Nov 11, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

This thread mostly doesn't make sense to me because it's a bunch of tweets saying nothing from people I've never heard of while people go OH MY GOD WHY

the suck zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/ceofBaes/status/872602510225276928

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it ain't like the party is doing anything

tho Perez apparently couldn't handle Chuck Todd on MTP today about why the dnc isn't helping some dude in Alabama run for senate

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

This thread mostly doesn't make sense to me because it's a bunch of tweets saying nothing from people I've never heard of while people go OH MY GOD WHY

it appears we're both on the same trash barge

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

it's the same make-fun-of-weirdos thing SA was built on. it just so happens most of the bad posts these days--especially political posts--are on twitter, mostly as a function of volume. so in the fast-casual politics forum, you're gonna get a lot of that, i think

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Weeping Wound posted:

who the heck is Jen Kirkman

is she a go-to commentator on MSNBC and was she consulted for their full length package on memes

she's a stand up comedian. Abuela's loss has driven her insane.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Joementum posted:

I think soul food has more than one staple dish, but if it had only one it would be mac and cheese, not cornbread, right?

There's like a thousand more substantive soul food items and it's very frustrating to see this sort of thing happening to this pure and good joke

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Go through the whole thread
https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/895767474305605632

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Office Pig posted:

so i know there's some mixture of deceit and insanity in concocting a synopsis like that but, it's hard to believe there isn't some kind of pathological psychosis embedded in the upper ranks of the party

they want to keep raking in money without having to upset the apple cart. they care more about being rich than any other supposed campaign platform. they're despicable liars and should be first against the wall

FactsAreUseless posted:

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽?

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 23:51 on Aug 10, 2017

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

its good enough to close this thread

which you can do now imo

nothing to highlight or extrapolate or discuss further because the dems are catching water in their mouth while the obvious is stated. "It's bad, don't do it :milk:"

ok now solve it until we get vaporized

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

dam

would be curious to see some lib's (joan, joy, daou, digiorno, etc) response to this, but it would no doubt be substanceless

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hoping we could trade, just for tonight
Like I could borrow your heart
And I could leave you mine
It's not much for collateral
Tattered and battle-scared
But I can promise you solemn
That I will be back for it tomorrow
I only need yours this evening
So I can call an old friend
And I can tell him
That we're finally even
That we're finally even

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

dam

would curious to see some lib's (joan, joy, daou, digiorno, etc) response to this

they don't care

waste of time as usual, ok now go solve it like jest go ahead and replace them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/895787956589416448

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
flip-flopper!!!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Main Paineframe posted:

their explanation is "it worked in the 90s, but after 2000 the party went too far to the left and alienated all those moderates we needed to win, causing the party to undergo a deep-rooted collapse that was masked by Obama's successes"

reading between the lines, it seems like their explanation for 2016 is that Hillary lost because she was too far-left, possibly due to "ideologues" and "interest groups" that pushed her toward a "left-wing orthodoxy" and didn't leave her "room to maneuver"

lol

so, the reason Clinton lost is the right wing fascist wing of ma party wasn't pandered to enough

death is certain America

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wanted to read the tweet @briebriejoy was quoting, but the account was suspended lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

lol

so, the reason Clinton lost is the right wing fascist wing of ma party wasn't pandered to enough

death is certain America

She only beat Obama's numbers for households making more than 250k a year.

This really makes up for losing multiple counties Obama especially in rust belt states.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Mostly accurate yeah.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

speaking of twins DID YOU KNOW

the olsen twins are fraternal

one of the Olson twins lives in my great-great-grandmother's house, the fucker

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

one of the Olson twins lives in my great-great-grandmother's house, the fucker

Reclaim your family estate, IMO.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

etalian posted:

She only beat Obama's numbers for households making more than 250k a year.

This really makes up for losing multiple counties Obama especially in rust belt states.

well, ya kno, they are all gonna die now anyway, so moot point

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

zegermans posted:

yeast 4 lyfe

i can't tell if this is contrarian or sincere zegermans

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol reminder re: donut nonsense that bad dems are cheering their party for pulling the same stunt as the highest profile republican who lost his election last year

wait that's not true, the republican actually walked out and handed baked treats to the people seeking redress of grievances in person instead of hiding behind a barricade like the dnc

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The GOP just had the most contentious presidential election and have, at least publicly, banded together behind a nebulous MAGA program.

The Dems are both voting for and against cheaper drug importation lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Frijolero posted:

The GOP just had the most contentious presidential election and have, at least publicly, banded together behind a nebulous MAGA program.

well their base has anyway

unfortunately the dems never realize that the GOP have the dumbass vote on lock, and they have to go with the way more difficult "everyone else" demographic who sometimes ask for weird poo poo like "policies that actually benefit them" and "less AIDS in my water please" instead of trying to appeal to brokebrains

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 02:25 on Aug 11, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Frijolero posted:

The Dems are both voting for and against cheaper drug importation lol

The Democrats just threw Obama's most important foreign policy legacy in the trash so they could own Russia, and Trump by proxy.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Democrats just threw Obama's most important foreign policy legacy in the trash so they could own Russia, and Trump by proxy.

his most important foreign policy legacy was entering Syria because he was a loving idiot

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iran needs some nukes right about now

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i too remember when hilllary freed the slaves

wait, wait, no, hold on, sources tell me

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol reminder re: donut nonsense that bad dems are cheering their party for pulling the same stunt as the highest profile republican who lost his election last year

wait that's not true, the republican actually walked out and handed baked treats to the people seeking redress of grievances in person instead of hiding behind a barricade like the dnc

we're better
we're better
we're better

Only registered members can see post attachments!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I thought this was an incredibly shallow take based on the fact that both of them are women and nothing else, but come to think of it Daenerys' storyline did have an extended Iraq War allegory so sure why not

But at any rate Cersei's a better match out of people still alive in the show and Stannis is the best match full stop

e: "revolutionary style of destroying the patriarchy" :wtc: that doesn't fit either one of them

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

loquacius posted:

I thought this was an incredibly shallow take based on the fact that both of them are women and nothing else, but come to think of it Daenerys' storyline did have an extended Iraq War allegory so sure why not

But at any rate Cersei's a better match out of people still alive in the show and Stannis is the best match full stop

e: "revolutionary style of destroying the patriarchy" :wtc: that doesn't fit either one of them

Yeah, she doesn't come close to challenging patriarchy.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone compare Bernie to Gandalf so the bad dems can come in here and cry about it.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Ok wtf is wrong with donuts now? Are they misogynistic because you can fit a penis through them?

Maybe you can

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Proud Christian Mom posted:

his most important foreign policy legacy was entering Syria because he was a loving idiot

what was he going to do, enter saudi arabia, the nation state of the true perpetrators of 911?

no
knock over a lovely third world fail state, and continue forever war, obviously

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah, she doesn't come close to challenging patriarchy.

her entire story arc is literally based around claiming a kingdom because her father was its king (a patriarch, if you will)

Cersei challenges the patriarchy more than Dany does, by seizing a throne she has no blood claim on

Hell, Jon challenges it more by declaring and maintaining independence from an empire

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

loquacius posted:

her entire story arc is literally based around claiming a kingdom because her father was its king (a patriarch, if you will)

Cersei challenges the patriarchy more than Dany does, by seizing a throne she has no blood claim on

Hell, Jon challenges it more by declaring and maintaining independence from an empire

we get it, she's hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hillary is clearly Walder Frey

• Locked thread