Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

drunken officeparty posted:

Peavs whats your mm rank

Literally Silver 2. It was Gold Nova before but i didn't play for like 2 years and now I'm slowly ranking back up. Also I'm trying to actually learn CS and get good at it now that the goon Dota community has faded away. I'm winning literally every game with like 30 kills and a bunch of 3-4 kill rounds and saving all the replays.

Eventually I want to use them to make a humorous frag video of MM Peav vs Goonman Peav.

e:

Also who are you on Steam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

mcvey posted:

Playing CS during daylight hours is insane in the first place

"I want people to see my shame." - daytime cs guy

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

ThePeavstenator posted:

Literally Silver 2. It was Gold Nova before but i didn't play for like 2 years and now I'm slowly ranking back up. Also I'm trying to actually learn CS and get good at it now that the goon Dota community has faded away. I'm winning literally every game with like 30 kills and a bunch of 3-4 kill rounds and saving all the replays.

Eventually I want to use them to make a humorous frag video of MM Peav vs Goonman Peav.

e:

Also who are you on Steam?

After my last 6 month hiatus it placed me in the silvers. Marching back on up through those illustrious ranks I think my peak was 44 kills with more than a handful of other 40+ kill matches.

Now I'd be excited to see DMG for the first time or have Turk spec me in ESEA and not have an aneurysm as a result of my poo poo play

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

Shut the gently caress up Mr pink

IronDoge posted:

drat good play on both sides.

king posted:

nice little move

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have finally been blessed by my first Silver Elite Master.

Time to go lose it in 3 games.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Ended up with a steel series 100 rival and got a QTK mousepad. It works two ways because my laptop for school needed a mouse and now I have something to do in between classes.

The fact that they don't have a continual rotating game list like weapon expert is sad. Gonna suck when the op ends

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
*raises up from posting grave* UGHHHhHHHH FUCKKKKKkkKKKK MISTER PIIiiIIInnnKKKKKkkk *goes back into grave*

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Slumpy posted:

*raises up from posting grave* UGHHHhHHHH FUCKKKKKkkKKKK MISTER PIIiiIIInnnKKKKKkkk *goes back into grave*

my spider senses were tingling so i came to check this thread for some reason. mr pink sucked and i hope he's still exiled. i might play cs again sometime but i feel like battlegrounds is gonna have me hooked for a while longer. ok nice catching up with everyone cya later

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Jeza posted:

You can get reasonably good in about 3-400 hours. It's not really a bad thing, it speaks to the fact that it is a game with an extremely high skill ceiling. To actually make it competitively, which few people really do anyway, you probably need a minimum of 2.5k hours.

Realistically, CS and all videogames are a massive loving waste of time. But so are nearly all 'pass-times'. If you stopped to consider how much time you could dedicate to self-improvement and becoming a better person, you'd probably go crazy. Almost nobody operates like that. And learning ten languages, programming, reading all of classical literature and so on are equally pointless in the long run without a goal in mind. Do what you enjoy.

If that doesn't do it for you, there are people out there who have probably sunk like 20% of their waking life on WoW.

jokes on you, I'm barely out of silver and have 1.5k hours!!

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Rex-Goliath posted:

my spider senses were tingling so i came to check this thread for some reason. mr pink sucked and i hope he's still exiled. i might play cs again sometime but i feel like battlegrounds is gonna have me hooked for a while longer. ok nice catching up with everyone cya later

who are you

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Goblin King Guardian being hung out to dry by simple on reddit

"The most funny thing that he lied to team for 1 year and he still doing this now to his fans and people who follows CS"

"Yeah ,we had 2 bootcamps and both times we were 4 on the bootcamp"

seized also said in an earlier interview, without naming anyone, that someone wasn't putting in the time and wasn't willing to practice as much as the rest of the team, I guess we know who that was now

Good Luck Faze lol

e: in fairness I should probably link the guardian interview simple is responding to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/6ssz3f/guardian_speaks_about_recent_and_past_events/

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 11, 2017

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

I have finally been blessed by my first Silver Elite Master.

Time to go lose it in 3 games.

oh forgot to say im at like 900 hours and 375 games won. IN MY DEFENSE like 60 of those hours were accumulated from when the game came out to before I started playing this year.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 11, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Can someone watch my demo and tell me what I'm doing right, positive comments only please.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-4Rm4w-887do-zNx8z-M8C3o-SD8aC

This was a very intense and serious game.

Edit: I'm the dragon, you girls.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 12, 2017

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Push El Burrito posted:

Can someone watch my demo and tell me what I'm doing right, positive comments only please.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-4Rm4w-887do-zNx8z-M8C3o-SD8aC

This was a very intense and serious game.

Edit: I'm the dragon, you girls.

If nobody else does it then I'll do it tomorrow or Monday when I get home.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

A TURGID FATSO posted:

If nobody else does it then I'll do it tomorrow or Monday when I get home.

You really don't have to. I just ran the bizon for an entire match and managed to top frag because nova is a weird place.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Push El Burrito posted:

You really don't have to. I just ran the bizon for an entire match and managed to top frag because nova is a BAD place.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Just found someone blatantly hacking in weapons expert. Like double wall bang on me moving and then cleaning up the rest of the team behind the wall blatant.

Why on weapon expert?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Have you ever heard the phrase hack the planet?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nope. Earnestly

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Soulex posted:

Just found someone blatantly hacking in weapons expert. Like double wall bang on me moving and then cleaning up the rest of the team behind the wall blatant.

Why on weapon expert?

They have to grind levels on the fresh account so they can hack in competitive.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This guy had a bronze krakow dorito. It wasn't an alt

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/Cloud9/status/897239860821450752

Huge, if true

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Cool that they don't mention who he's replacing

(it's autimatic)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Or why

(He's out of town)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
been playing like poo poo so ill take any small victories like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-PfNwz0e8

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
also i deranked to double aks jesus christ somebody kill me before i go down any further

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

ArfJason posted:

also i deranked to double aks jesus christ somebody kill me before i go down any further

queue with me, i'm special AK but I'm pretty good

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

rumors floating around that +Elige to Optic

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Finally finished my 10 comp wins and placed in silver elite master :toot: I'm pretty sure I don't deserve it because most of the SEMs I have played against were a lot better than me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:siren:RUSH AND TARIK JOIN CLOUD9; N0THING AND SHROUD BENCHED:siren:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

n0thing :negative:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I hope n0thing finds a spot somewhere decent, I doubt it but I hope

Shroud to full time PUBG streamer

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Wtf would they get rush and tarik? I havent seen as much of the past 2 majors as I'd like to have, but this does not seem like an improvement to me. Am I missing something?

Shroud mentally checked out around the time Freakazoid got kicked but are tarik or rush an improvement over even a robot shroot?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

it still doesn't solve the "Who the gently caress IGLs" problem. It's probably an improvement, but not the one C9 needed to really get to that next level

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

TheFlyingLlama posted:

it still doesn't solve the "Who the gently caress IGLs" problem. It's probably an improvement, but not the one C9 needed to really get to that next level

Basically

They should really drop Ska for an imported IGL.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

:rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpdRUYe_YjE

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Slumpy posted:

Goku rising from the grave to humble himself and to curse mr pink

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

LochNessMonster posted:

Wtf would they get rush and tarik? I havent seen as much of the past 2 majors as I'd like to have, but this does not seem like an improvement to me. Am I missing something?

Shroud mentally checked out around the time Freakazoid got kicked but are tarik or rush an improvement over even a robot shroot?

Rush is a pretty great roleplayer and occasionally goes off in a big way, so - shroud makes sense here, but Tarik makes 0 sense to me.

Maybe the idea is because Tarik igl'd at Cologne and Optic looked very good somehow, but c'mon, that can't last.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Simply The Best

vvvv mods???,???

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,