Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

I picked it up and if you like destiny for the good reasons (great gunfeel and movement) you should really pick it up, shame it's the most generic looking game ever because it's actually really good

Isn't it like the sweatiest poo poo ever? Those are the reports I'm receiving from my scouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

"Haha this dude has a successful wife!! Owned!!!"
okay, but can she out-code us

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Fifty Three posted:

okay, but can she out-code us

Is she also 10 years younger than us? (Not to brag)

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
gently caress no, she can't even work the TV. It's called nurturing dependence

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this game is going to be more than playable and quite frankly all the pearl-clutching in this thread is hilarious

will it be perfect at launch? of course not, but the idea this game is going to be bad is patently ridiculous. oh no pvp is 4v4 and strikes are 3 players this is literally unplayable. oh no i can't do private matches what the gently caress will the three people who care about destiny tournaments do???

I think some people are just bummed that although the game will be fun to play, it could be so much more if it wasn't for the boneheads in charge of development.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

I think some people are just bummed that although the game will be fun to play, it could be so much more if it wasn't for the boneheads in charge of development.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Isn't it like the sweatiest poo poo ever? Those are the reports I'm receiving from my scouts.

It's really fast paced and every player on your team matters, so I guess it can get pretty sweaty. I'm playing a lot of the Vanguard class, zipping around with the jetpack and jumps feels like Titan skating on speed, it's so drat good

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

deadwing posted:

It's really fast paced and every player on your team matters, so I guess it can get pretty sweaty. I'm playing a lot of the Vanguard class, zipping around with the jetpack and jumps feels like Titan skating on speed, it's so drat good

I bet the 5 people who bought it are really enjoying it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They did something to the matchmaking. Still finding good players but it's taking all of 30 seconds.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Yeah.

Played 15 or so games of rift. Found games quick. 7kd across all those games. Didn't die until the 5th game.

I feel like they changed something.

Good.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
The funny part is the beep boop before we had 6s as though there was only ever a party of 3 or 6 and absolutely nobody ever played PvP as 2, 4, and 5 man parties.

:qq: "B-But but my use case of exactly going to PvP after raiding" which in my experience has never happened because people who raid either go to bed or just don't like PvP

Here's my experience:

Finish a raid, go to tower
"Guys wanna play some control?"
3 people say sure
One person thinks for a second then "eh, I think I'm just gonna finish up some patrol bounties"
One person says "anyone need to do a nightfall?"
Two more people chime in with yeah sure
Group factures naturally
I leave party find people who actually like to play PvP and don't ragequit pre-game when they see a yellow bar in the lobby

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

I leave party find people who actually like to play PvP and don't ragequit pre-game when they see a yellow bar in the lobby

bungo's fix: REMOVE ALL TEH BARZ

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah.

Played 15 or so games of rift. Found games quick. 7kd across all those games. Didn't die until the 5th game.

I feel like they changed something.

Good.

Just in time to shut down Iron Banner? What a bunch of idiots.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The funny part is the beep boop before we had 6s as though there was only ever a party of 3 or 6 and absolutely nobody ever played PvP as 2, 4, and 5 man parties.

:qq: "B-But but my use case of exactly going to PvP after raiding" which in my experience has never happened because people who raid either go to bed or just don't like PvP

Here's my experience:

Finish a raid, go to tower
"Guys wanna play some control?"
3 people say sure
One person thinks for a second then "eh, I think I'm just gonna finish up some patrol bounties"
One person says "anyone need to do a nightfall?"
Two more people chime in with yeah sure
Group factures naturally

Yeah this is my experience as well. Only during Iron Banner did we ever get the entire raid squad to stay together and keep playing, and even that wasn't a given. Nightfalls are usually done while we wait for people to show up for the raid, and by the time everything is said and done, there are at least one or two people ready for bed or need to go make dinner or whatever. And if you know enough people that pvp, there will always be a +1 hanging around that you can invite or even another group going that you'll be able to join up with.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

^^^big talk, and yet [Bone Krew Stenographer Voice] It says here that on Wednesday, April 9th...

Dude what do you keep the change jar around for

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I take it to my bank. The coinstar fee is the difference between guac and no guac, boooooy

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

well la-di-da mr. pennybags maybe take a day trip out of your ivory tower before you post about your lots

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Your mom takes trips to my ivory tower

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Chipotle has queso now. Not prepared financially for this.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kiranamos posted:

What the gently caress is queso if not "Cheese"? They've had Cheese since forever.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

this is like nacho cheese or something

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hi yes if you are a secret shameful PC player and want to play with other secret shameful PC players come post here

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kiranamos posted:

Oh poo poo, that was the only reason I went to Qdoba since they got rid of shredded beef. Gonna have to make a field trip to Chipotle today

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

hi yes if you are a secret shameful PC player and want to play with other secret shameful PC players come post here

theres already a pc thread

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Whoa when did they introduce queso? This is gonna screw up my meal budgeting plans

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Your mom takes trips to my ivory tower

Joke's on you since ur gay you don't like it lmao

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Sexuality is a spectrum, homeslice.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hulk Krogan posted:

Sexuality is a spectrum, homeslice.

Idk that sexuality is but you're definitely on a spectrum.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

limaCAT posted:

Joke's on you since ur gay you don't like it lmao

I'll gently caress anything

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Text me

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
PC players have created so many gd threads and y'all are still like "there's no hype for this game" lol

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I'm hype

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:same:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

el B posted:

PC players have created so many gd threads and y'all are still like "there's no hype for this game" lol

it's not my fault the search function sucks :colbert:

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2's target audience

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

el B posted:

im going to play and enjoy it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

eonwe posted:

im going to play and enjoy it

Me too, friend! :)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I liked the beta. Wanna fight about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

I liked the beta. Wanna fight about it

No because I'm not fighting someone with retard-strength.