Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I saw a promo for the local news the other day with the tag line, "See how this local business is helping people prepare for the effects of a nuclear strike!"

So yeah, Glenn's not too far off from reality here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

TGLT posted:

There was some issues with compliance with the Agreed Framework, but yeah the whole thing started to break down after Bush publicly questioned if they were really interested in complying. And put them on the Axis of Evil. And then toppled Saddam despite not having any real proof of weapons of mass destruction, meaning not having them was no longer a safeguard against an invasion.

edit: The Bush administration said North Korea admitted to enriching uranium for nuclear weapons in 2002, the North Koreans said they didn't and weren't and had only asserted a right to, so I dunno. Here's a Foreign Affairs article on that particular breakdown. The main assertion there is that the North Koreans were enriching for energy purposes which was misconstrued into a weapons program.

But that's a lot of nuanced poo poo that implies that maybe conservative foreign policy is loving stupid. Plus war's just fun, y'know?

The dumbest part about Iraq, Iran, and North Korea being an "axis of evil" is it implies they were all working together, which is just- no.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I would find this funnier if the map was accurate. Like, I guess it's supposed to be county-level, because New York and the West Coast all aren't at state levels?

Trump prefers the county level maps because they have more red afaik.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

sheep-dodger posted:

Yeah, it's the usual "land votes, right?" map.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stultus Maximus posted:

"Hooters has good wings" is the even lower-brow version of "Playboy has good articles."

Playboy did have good articles. Decades ago.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

duz posted:

Yeah, it's the usual "land votes, right?" map.
Yes, that... that is the point of the system? It's not a very good proof of "people love me, I'm popular big league", but land is in fact a determining fator.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Donald Trump and North Korea – Rex Tillerson says Americans can ‘sleep well at night’ after Donald Trump threatens North Korea with ‘fire and fury like the world has never seen’"

Telegraph:

Glen Campbell obituary

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... Trump's tensions with North Korea

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm starting to think UK cartoonists are largely scat fetishists.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Regalingualius posted:

Having grown up reading British boys comics this checks out.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC on... Trump's tensions with North Korea

Huh, Mac draws a passable Trump. Not great, but miles better than Branco. I guess I'm not really surprised, his caricatures are usually reasonably good. Well done, Mac. I like your work when you're not being a misogynistic racist shithead.

sheep-dodger posted:

...of course he does. Why did I not think of that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's with the movement lines in that Mac? Are the advisors meant to be shaking or shrugging?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
I would guess they're trembling at the prospect he'll still find the button. Doesn't look like they were able to do a good enough job of burying it.

Also, Poop Kremlin is the greatest thing I've seen today.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Regalingualius posted:

As an F Plus listener, this checks out.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jurgan posted:

The dumbest part about Iraq, Iran, and North Korea being an "axis of evil" is it implies they were all working together, which is just- no.

On the one hand, the Iranian and North Korean rocket programs have in fact shared a lot of resources. On the other hand, nobody gives Egypt any poo poo for all the help they've given the North Korean rocket program, so there may have been a teensy bit of politics behind the "Axis of Evil" rhetoric.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jurgan posted:

This is kind of like the backstory of Alice Isn't Dead.

Are we going to have grotesque man-eating homunculi and monster superwomen relentlessly hunting down lesbian truck drivers?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

WampaLord posted:

Hooters wings are average at best, literally any place that actually specializes in making wings will do better.

I grew up next to their flagship location and we went there all the time. It was extremely formative.

Bdubs. :colbert:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

There's an easy way to tell: are they illegally building that wall on Iranian territory so as to steal land that doesn't belong to them?

Sandpuppy posted:

Also, Poop Kremlin is the greatest thing I've seen today.

St Basil's Cathedral

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Kudelka:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
The title on his site is "Riddled with Communism."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sandpuppy posted:

Thanks, Monica!

what

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Regalingualius posted:

It's true of the British population at large.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mass Effect: Ancillary Justice looking good

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Are we going to have grotesque man-eating homunculi and monster superwomen relentlessly hunting down lesbian truck drivers?

I can only hope so.

Although, them sleeping together the day they met while one of them is on the rebound seems a little unhealthy, but we know it works out in the end.

Millions dead due to Bill Clinton's invention, diplomacy.

The argument seems to be that Clinton should have bombed the crap out of North Korea when he had the chance, and failing to do so is why they now have nukes. Never mind that Clinton's diplomacy was actually putting NK on the right track until Bush decided that "appeasement" was terrible and refused to talk to them.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Cat Mattress posted:

St Basil's Cathedral

But it's clearly meant to represent the Russian government. Plus, "Poop St Basil's Cathedral" doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kegluneq posted:

Mass Effect: Ancillary Justice looking good

God drat it, now I'm imaging a Ann Leckie video game, gently caress you for making me dream of the beautiful.

(For those unfamiliar, here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancillary_Justice. It's a book about gay robots and space fascism.)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

There are certain things one doesn’t ask in polite elite society. Lucky for you you’re nowhere near there. You’re in Bokbluster, so I’ll ask:

Is it possible, on average, that girls don’t like math as much as boys? It’s possible, on average. Unless you’re Larry Summers, the former president of Harvard.

Is it possible, on average, that girls are less fond of computer engineering than boys? That’s a possibility too. Unless you’re another Harvard guy, former Google engineer James Damore.

Damore wrote a 10 page memo (screed to the politically correct among us) asking if it’s possible that women are underrepresented in engineering because of biology rather than bias.

Google management was having none of that. Here’s Google CEO Sundar Pichai:

To suggest a group of our colleagues have traits that make them less biologically suited to that work is offensive and not OK.

Coming down firmly on the side of bias, he fired Damore.

Chip Bok posted:

The Washington Post published a leaked transcript of President Trump’s phone call to Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

Never Trumper David Frum in The Atlantic said, “Leaking the transcript of a presidential call to a foreign leader is unprecedented, shocking, and dangerous.”

The administration claims it’s going after leakers not journalists. Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein said, “Reporters who publish information are not committing a crime.”

But will Sessions pressure the press to give up its sources?

Chip Bok posted:

Congress can’t repeal ObamaCare but it frog marched Trump to the signing table for a Russian sanctions bill. The House voted 419-3 for the bill and the Senate came in 98-2.

And the president can’t reverse the sanctions without Congressional approval. Which may be unconstitutional, at least that’s what Trump said in his initial signing statement. Still, he didn’t have much choice but to sign the veto proof bill.

Bloomberg’s Eli Lake says leakers are forcing Trump to act against his will.

Putin’s pissed.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Two MEN said women are stupid,checkmate feminazis. - BoK, last known survivor of the BoKbluster Incident.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/O_Draws/status/895656845297065984

Ian Miles Cheong commissioned himself a very Garrison-esque picture.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I would find this funnier if the map was accurate. Like, I guess it's supposed to be county-level, because New York and the West Coast all aren't at state levels?

That's the only kind of map Trump talks about/hands out. He loves the county by county maps because look at all the red! Specifically this one:

It makes his win look so much bigger if you don't realize the blue areas have more people.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Impressively subversive anarchists, reserving the traditional boobs-n-butt twist for someone presenting as male.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

But it's clearly meant to represent the Russian government. Plus, "Poop St Basil's Cathedral" doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

St. Fecal Cathedral

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

What a crazy new idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQhrTf08K5w&t=16s

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Them remaining in power is unrealistic. Not because they're women, but because the entire nobility in GoT is so loving lovely that the peasants would have revolted long ago and gotten rid of them, male and female alike.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Garrison probably wouldn't draw the anarchists very clearly winning.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

why in gods name would you go add more detail and background in just the second frame. what is going on here

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Keiya posted:

Them remaining in power is unrealistic. Not because they're women, but because the entire nobility in GoT is so loving lovely that the peasants would have revolted long ago and gotten rid of them, male and female alike.

Friend have I got some bad news for you about Feudalism.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
COMPUTER ENGINEERING: 0
Famous technologically-clueless company, Google

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

why in gods name would you go add more detail and background in just the second frame. what is going on here

Calvin and Hobbes occasionally omitted or included the backgrounds for emaphasis or art.

Jesus loving christ Branco you goddamn loving maniac

• Locked thread