Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I just found out about Cassiopea today. Is this band similar?

Definitely way more EWI used in T-Square's stuff. Casiopea seems more "traditional" bass sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

I just found out about Cassiopea today. Is this band similar?

Just started listening to Casiopea a few months ago, they are incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAl87i-n-S4

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Wirth1000 posted:

One of my favourite songs ever + F1 gently caress yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5q9fLD0s8

The same guy who wrote this did most of the music in Gran Turismo, well the Japanese versions at least.

Also those pics are cool, that Stefan Johansson shot is my fav F1 pic ever.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I am currently wearing t-shirt and jeans

I have perpetually been wearing t-shirt and jeans

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Wirth1000 posted:

Hey, discord people want to know if anyone is black in here.

I don't know why probably best not to answer probably a discrimiantion lawsuit or something is brewing but any takers? Black below the waist is not a valid answer either.

There are black and mixed-race people in this surprisingly diverse thread yes. AMA that time in the 90s where I tried to straighten my sister's hair with an iron.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God dammit that Nina picture.

This is grim

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 11, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

One of my favourite songs ever + F1 gently caress yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5q9fLD0s8

that is quite possibly the most 1987 Japan thing ever, holy gently caress.

track day bro! posted:

The same guy who wrote this did most of the music in Gran Turismo, well the Japanese versions at least.

okay, I know what artist(s) I'm tracking down next time I'm at the used CD store. Dang.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

That poo poo is typically leaded.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

that is quite possibly the most 1987 Japan thing ever, holy gently caress.

okay, I know what artist(s) I'm tracking down next time I'm at the used CD store. Dang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masahiro_Andoh
This guy

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Kilonum posted:

That poo poo is typically leaded.

No catalytic converter bro. :getin:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

There are black and mixed-race people in this surprisingly diverse thread yes. AMA that time in the 90s where I tried to straighten my sister's hair with an iron.

What happened that time in the 90s where you tried to straighten your sister's hair with an iron?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It looked amazing for the same amount of time it took to get outside, and then through the evening slowly turned back into an Afro, but an Afro made out of straw.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Fully agree. Give me pockets or give me death.

I'm convinced that women's "fashion" is purely designed to do one thing: sell more of it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rc3bNJQow

awesome move

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Just eyeballing numbers for this shifter kart and it's looking pretty tasty, might be able to swing it if I can use Avgas.

Whats the kart count for shifters out there?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Things are looking pretty tasty for Big Dov this weekend in MotoGP.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

1500quidporsche posted:

Just eyeballing numbers for this shifter kart and it's looking pretty tasty, might be able to swing it if I can use Avgas.

does "avgas" mean something different in karting/racing circles, or are you seriously talking about a kart that runs on airplane fuel

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Footage of a 1500quidporsche tire and fuel shopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHake6w4Su0&t=38s

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Whats the kart count for shifters out there?

Depends on the weekend, it's about 5-6 regulars plus a bunch of people that come out when they feel like it.

Mostly I'm just sick of Rotax's sealed engine formula that's sealed in name only. Now there's a new spec piston for 2018 that's "equal or better" than existing ones for the low low price of $400.

Argus Zant posted:

does "avgas" mean something different in karting/racing circles, or are you seriously talking about a kart that runs on airplane fuel

I'm seriously talking about a kart that runs on airplane fuel.

Wirth1000 posted:

lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Let's take a look at Super Formula aka Formula Nippon and see how the two engine manufacturers of Toyota & Honda are doing, hm?

quote:

Red Bull protege Pierre Gasly says he's banking on Honda to deliver a performance boost that will allow him to challenge for a maiden podium finish in the second half of the Super Formula season.

Toyota-powered teams have enjoyed a significant advantage over their Honda counterparts in 2017, having won all four races held so far.

By contrast, only once has a Honda runner stood on the podium this year, when Gasly's Mugen teammate Naoki Yamamoto finished second in the Suzuka season opener.

While Gasly takes optimism from his season-best fifth at Fuji, he says the 20-second gap to third-placed Andre Lotterer - stemming from a 9km/h top-speed deficit - shows Honda has its work cut out to catch Toyota.

“It’s quite tough with Honda - the gap in terms of speed compared to Toyota is quite big,” Gasly, who is currently eighth in the standings, told Motorsport.com.

“I was down 9km/h at Fuji, so this makes it really tough to fight against them.

“We knew in Fuji it will be tough because it has the longest straights. We knew we would struggle and in the end we got in the top five and the best result so far.

“Hopefully Honda can make the step during the season, for the next races, to improve the package.

lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

McLaren-Toyota

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

McLaren-Toyota

:chloe:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Toyota has had the advantage in SF/Formula Nippon for a decade now.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

McLaren-Toyota

Williams-Toyota, uh, again.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Honestly I'd take any new engine manufacturer to mix some things up

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Also ban Mercedes for using oil as fuel

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ban all axis powers. They're all cheaters.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
1500 get that goddamn shifter, and put it on a drat less used chassis.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

OMG this just make me realize Rick and Morty = Doc and Marty.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

.....wow, really? I thought it was fairly obvious.

It all spawned from the Channel 101 series Doc and Mharti which I would link here but let's just say it can get pretty NSFW. Here's the wiki entry for it which is fine.

http://rickandmorty.wikia.com/wiki/The_Real_Animated_Adventures_of_Doc_and_Mharti

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gret posted:

How did you not immediately recognise that five seconds into watching that show?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

How did you not immediately recognise that five seconds into watching that show?

I work as an engine designer for Honda.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm rewatching some races from '82 for the second time and Detroit '82 is really weird. They red flagged the race for like an hour due to Patrese's car fire (???) so the race was run in two heats with the times averaged over both. Watson drove exceptionally well. Piquet DNQ'd, which was pretty drat embarrassing.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 11, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Watson probably could've been WDC in '82 if things had played out differently. Iirc he had like three consecutive retirements in the later stage of the season.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Don't worry Hefe!

Trump's goin' in!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Renault's reliability was abysmal lol.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Norns posted:

Also ban Mercedes for using oil as fuel

Sure hope no other teams, possibly ones with a red car, we're abusing this more than merc and that's why they're now so down on power...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Renault's reliability was abysmal lol.

In the context of 82 its completely understandable why Prost went off on Renault in 83 for losing the championship. Ferrari should've had a WDC in '82 but equally Renault should've been there to pick up the pieces when both Ferrari drivers were taken out of the championship.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In the first half of the season, the Renault chassis was also clearly better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Let's take a look at Super Formula aka Formula Nippon and see how the two engine manufacturers of Toyota & Honda are doing, hm?

lol

I think they're basically using the Super GT engines in SF, so, uh, yuuup that tracks. Honda have gotten lucky recently in Super GT but generally been poor the last couple years.

• Locked thread