Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

gently caress you Branco you monstrous turd, I hope you get strapped to the first missile launched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Branco is a dense, evil, stupid motherfucker. Which ain't news to anyone but I just felt like saying it again.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Necroskowitz posted:

Friend have I got some bad news for you about Feudalism.
Yeah, notoriously devoid of peasant rebellions and peasant republics.

I mean, it's not like that skit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail was based on actual political developments under feudalism.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Xander77 posted:

Yeah, notoriously devoid of peasant rebellions and peasant republics.

I mean, it's not like that skit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail was based on actual political developments under feudalism.

Well... as a rule... yeah? Like, there's a reason those revolts and republics were notable.

Unless you've got some source that says that they happened, like, every other year or something.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Didn't they already have a revolt in GOT?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Somfin posted:

Well... as a rule... yeah? Like, there's a reason those revolts and republics were notable.

Unless you've got some source that says that they happened, like, every other year or something.
The English, particularly around the 14th and 15th Centuries, definitely had a (pretty well-deserved) reputation for revolt. I don't think anyone ever had one every other year, but deposing four kings in two centuries (including one of them twice) has to be something like a record. Sir John Fortescue, a prominent English jurist and Chief Justice of the King's Bench during the Wars of the Roses, once mocked the French as cowards for their lack of revolts.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Avirosb posted:

A riot, at least, in which at least one rich person was literally torn apart and possibly eaten. Also interestingly the nobility revolting after someone actually tried to make things more equal (and also crucified a lot of slavers and stuff), though that person also has a great army and actual dragons so it turns out she's pretty hard to stop. And some group of... Something between rebels and cultists running around and not dying and stuff. And other things I'm probably forgetting too.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SubG posted:

The English, particularly around the 14th and 15th Centuries, definitely had a (pretty well-deserved) reputation for revolt. I don't think anyone ever had one every other year, but deposing four kings in two centuries (including one of them twice) has to be something like a record. Sir John Fortescue, a prominent English jurist and Chief Justice of the King's Bench during the Wars of the Roses, once mocked the French as cowards for their lack of revolts.

I didn't know this. And now I'm thinking about how openly hateful the British caricatures of politicians are in this thread, and I'm getting this strange burst of affection in my chest for England. Death to the aristos :unsmith:

Krio Gnosz
Jul 14, 2012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_peasant_revolts

Looks like there was a revolt about every ten years from 1200-1917, though most were suppressed.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
So I found out that renown wife beating poo poo head Mike Lester goes by MLESTER101 on gocomics.

Let's see what he said about yesterdays drivel:

wife beating rear end in a top hat posted:

Mr. Damore’s paper has been examined by four respected professors and found to be factual. If you care to read their summations they’re quite informative -esp Debra W. Son PhD Univ. of York.http://quillette.com/2017/08/07/google-memo-four-scientists-respond/

Sad to see people simply repeat what they’ve heard other people think Mr. Damore said. It’s ten pages, read it for yourself. Racist? Sexist? He said nothing of the sort and is being defended by academics and attacked by the mob. He’s also got one helluva a case against Google.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wonder who the hell Lester considers an "academic" considering he hates colleges.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

ratbert90 posted:

So I found out that renown wife beating poo poo head Mike Lester goes by MLESTER101 on gocomics.

Let's see what he said about yesterdays drivel:

Thanks for your input, molester 101.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Lurdiak posted:

I wonder who the hell Lester considers an "academic" considering he hates colleges.

I'm going to guess "anyone who says things I agree with while using long vocabulary words"

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Lurdiak posted:

The kind who get censured by their universities for tweeting `Dear obese PhD applicants: if you didn't have the willpower to stop eating carbs, you won't have the willpower to do a dissertation #truth', like one of the guys defending the google memo guy in that link.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SubG posted:

The kind who get censured by their universities for tweeting `Dear obese PhD applicants: if you didn't have the willpower to stop eating carbs, you won't have the willpower to do a dissertation #truth', like one of the guys defending the google memo guy in that link.

Who knew that being a huge rear end in a top hat about your coworkers unnecessarily gets your censured/fired.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Starving Wolf posted:

Thanks for your input, molester 101.

Lester Molester, son of Mister Sinister.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Ya'll, I know it's hard to believe but Bob Gorrell has actually produced four (4) cartoons since the month began; this is, like, unprecedented. Some of these are a day apart. I'm legit worried.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Isn't Matthis meant to be pretty level headed, despite the 'Mad Dog' nickname? I'm looking forward to Garrison's take on the Korea crisis! :allears:

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

IDGI. Branco arguing Trump is so dumb that Mattis had to point out where Korea is on the map, especially after that deal with the  U.S.S. Carl Vinson, so he didn't nuke Australia by mistake?

I'm sure there is some rear end in a top hat point he's trying to make that's buried under the self own, but IDGAF.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He's saying we are going to nuke North Korea out of existence.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

I much prefer my interpretation, as wrong as it is, since the alternative is a bit to horrifying to even contemplate, thank you very much.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Everyone's focusing on Branco's toon but I wanted to point this one out too for the sheer dumbth. Trump was not running the ball to the goal line -- he was sitting around waiting and blustering while McConnell did the actual work of trying to get Trumpcare through the Senate.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Selachian posted:

Everyone's focusing on Branco's toon but I wanted to point this one out too for the sheer dumbth. Trump was not running the ball to the goal line -- he was sitting around waiting and blustering while McConnell did the actual work of trying to get Trumpcare through the Senate.

Also, wrong sport.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Selachian posted:

Everyone's focusing on Branco's toon but I wanted to point this one out too for the sheer dumbth. Trump was not running the ball to the goal line -- he was golfing and playing truck driver and watching Bannon suck his own cock while McConnell did the actual devil's work of trying to get Trumpcare through the Senate.

Fixed it for you.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Well don't worry too much, Gorrell hasn't lost his copy-paste chops.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
More :australia: Pope:

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Yeah but according to neolib corncob twitter those are all macedonian bots

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
His loving name is MLESTER.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vib Rib posted:

His loving name is MLESTER.

M'Lester

Bizarro

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

These are cool and good.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

for a second I was like "why is their alarm clock talking to them" and then I remembered there used to be radios in those things

LOL if you actually use the radio in your bedside clock

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

loquacius posted:

for a second I was like "why is their alarm clock talking to them" and then I remembered there used to be radios in those things

LOL if you actually use the radio in your bedside clock

I'm tuned to a shithouse radio station so nothing gets me out of bed faster.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Avirosb posted:

Definitely in the books, I'm not sure if it's as prominent in the show.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Seems almost quaint to be thinking about this now, but anyway...

https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/896004462908755968

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

We already know the token mouthpiece is a Libertarian! We've known since last year!
Why are they acting like this is a new and sudden development!?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rose seems like the kind of doofus who believes Republicans when they say they'll replace it with something better.

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.

i love how pope's Tony Abbot is basically Gollum at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Meanwhile, in reality,

https://twitter.com/abc/status/895811887400591363

"However, right now, Secretary Tillerson, Ambassador Haley, you can see the American effort is diplomatically led, it has diplomatic traction, it is gaining diplomatic results. And I want to stay right there right now. The tragedy of war is well enough known. It does not need another characterization beyond the fact that it would be catastrophic."

• Locked thread