Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

BrightWing posted:

Fuckin 3% bullshit if she didn't do Forrest phase queens waltz TWICE AND 3 Blizz 3's the uptime woulda got us there.

Mad.

Pretty sure one of those blizz 3s (the one right after the waltz which follows ninjas) is guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Is this where we post catgirls?

My catgirl is cosplaying as a Kingdom Hearts character.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Nipponophile posted:

Is this where we post catgirls?

My catgirl is cosplaying as a Kingdom Hearts character.

Nice! I've been enjoying the 63 tank set lately because it's just lol as gently caress. I even found a matching weapon!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Nice! I've been enjoying the 63 tank set lately because it's just lol as gently caress. I even found a matching weapon!

It's okay, you can say you enjoy the level 63 tank set for the same reason everyone else who wears it does. They even gave you a dyable version for the event.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

ImpAtom posted:

It's okay, you can say you enjoy the level 63 tank set for the same reason everyone else who wears it does. They even gave you a dyable version for the event.

But that's not on the largest roegadyn man possible???

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

I mostly really like the healer shisui set but it needs a slightly longer skirt to be the exact right level of skimpy imo

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Wow a goon playing a catgirl in the shisui set how typic-

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The shisui set is one of the rare instances of a dungeon set where the healer gear looks better than the caster gear

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

The shisui set is one of the rare instances of a dungeon set where the healer gear looks better than the caster gear

Looks dumb as poo poo without the stockings but there's actually a skirt so it's basically a tie

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Looks dumb as poo poo without the stockings but there's actually a skirt so it's basically a tie

I like the weird multicolored leg tie things

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
wish glasses were a separate slot so i could use the hair doilies w/ glasses but alas

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MotU posted:

wish glasses were a separate slot so i could use the hair doilies w/ glasses but alas

I un-ironically think that this is something that needs adding as a matter of priority.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Same but beard slot for Saint's Beard.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Leal posted:

Wow a goon playing a catgirl in the shisui set how typic-

I think the top matches well with tights (Taoist's Slops in this case), or something like the Spring Skirt for the healer set.

Need better shoes to match with those but eh. also i'll use any excuse to post pictures of my dragongirl

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
There is something in your face.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
So the Lalafell disease overtook my being for a while and I coincidentally hit 70 warrior tonight, making it my 10th job at cap (I have a problem.)

But Inner release has made it all worth while.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The ryugujo set is basically a swimsuit? Impossible!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Getting back into this left off around April with some goofo lvl 49-52ish pugilist.

Just start over or do the ol' wtf are these skills again routine that is a piece of the MMO Return

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
What you can do is clear your hotbar of all non-level 1 skills, then do a 1-50 potd run and they'll reappear in order and you don't get overwhelmed.

Or just spend 5 minutes hitting a training dummy, muscle memory is one hell of a drug :shrug:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

verbal enema posted:

Getting back into this left off around April with some goofo lvl 49-52ish pugilist.

Just start over or do the ol' wtf are these skills again routine that is a piece of the MMO Return

There's also the fact that they completely revamped the skills for all jobs while you were gone.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Uhhh 50 monk lost what? One dot that wasn't a part of a combo anyway? Maybe some ogcds?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I don't play monk :shrug:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Truga posted:

Uhhh 50 monk lost what? One dot that wasn't a part of a combo anyway? Maybe some ogcds?

I think all it lost was B4B and Touch of Death. Nothing else is coming to mind for it at all.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I'm using a controller and I have a question about O2S (and I guess every other fight with a don't face the boss gimmick). Is it worth learning Legacy camera? Being able to not spend an entire cast bar spinning the camera around to avoid "look or die" would be nice. I'm playing an RDM so I don't need to worry about loving up positionals.

No I'm not swapping back to KB+M.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

There's also the fact that they completely revamped the skills for all jobs while you were gone.

Holy poo poo I get to play this game for the first time again AND maybe finish the first story quest line

Maybe I won't punch the bad guys this time lol yeah right

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

I am hella PEEVED posted:

I'm using a controller and I have a question about O2S (and I guess every other fight with a don't face the boss gimmick). Is it worth learning Legacy camera? Being able to not spend an entire cast bar spinning the camera around to avoid "look or die" would be nice. I'm playing an RDM so I don't need to worry about loving up positionals.

I'm on KB+M and I use legacy because it is superior in every way. Wanna look away? Just take a (1%) step in that direction. Wanna run away? Just hold reverse. None of that slowwalk bs.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I turned on Legacy controls on Day 1 and I have never looked back.

They even fixed its biggest downside a few months back, and now you'll autoattack the mob even if you're not facing them directly, although as a caster even that was never an issue for you. Definitely give it a whirl, standard camera is for weirdos.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Abolutely use legacy camera. I never played without it. Been using controller since day 1 also.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Legacy Camera is good, Standard Camera is pure garbage. Turn it on and enjoy the objectively superior gameplay and qol benefits.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Legacy of Allag is kind of a pain but its just 4 fates, shouldn't take more than an hour or maybe two, and Crystal Tower is totally worth it IMO. Best tip is just put on a movie or something and grab a friend to help you camp both zones simultaneously and clear out any other fates in the area that might be blocking them. Chances are pretty good that it'll pop quickly if there's space.

If there's gonna be a CT group this Sunday like it sounds like there might be, any newbies should make sure they get allag out of the way ahead of time if they haven't.

What's legacy of allag?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's legacy of allag?

The quest to unlock the Crystal Tower (2.x 24-man raid series).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's legacy of allag?

Quest chain for the three crystal tower raids.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Its worth it too, Crystal Tower is awesome.

It's also the only place to get Amon's stylish as hell hat.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's legacy of allag?

The unlock quest for the first of the three Crystal Tower raids (Labyrinth of the Ancients). It features all the best elements of FF14 questing like excessive FedEx-ing and waiting hours for the right FATE to pop.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I can't imagine not using legacy controls, but I wish pressing left or right actually moved you in a straight line rather than a wide arc around the camera.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ferrinus posted:

I can't imagine not using legacy controls, but I wish pressing left or right actually moved you in a straight line rather than a wide arc around the camera.

play any of the other two popular mmos and you can imagine it as they don't use legacy. Because lol if you immediately do a 180 with the boss hitting you, you are going to get murdered in wow. So instead you strafe back.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Ferrinus posted:

I use standard controls and pretty much always have my right mouse button clicked. Really helps for keeping certain mechanics in frame like Decisive Battle in O4S.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Charles Get-Out posted:

I use standard controls and pretty much always have my right mouse button clicked. Really helps for keeping certain mechanics in frame like Decisive Battle in O4S.

I'm so used to holding down the right mouse button in MMOs that when an MMO lets me use mouselook without that--like GW2's "action mode"--it feels weird. I have no problem in non-MMOs but for some reason "you hold down right mouse in MMOs" is just ingrained into me now.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

The strafe keys still move you in a straight line, it's only the turn keys that move you in an arc. (Of course, strafing still has you facing away from the camera, but that's generally less of an issue when moving left and right.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Eopia posted:

I think all it lost was B4B and Touch of Death. Nothing else is coming to mind for it at all.

In terms of skills that actually belonged to the Monk, it lost the dodge buff Featherfoot, the DOT Touch of Death, and the "if you dodge you can attack" skill Haymaker that never made much sense to me, since if you're getting attacked either you're soloing or someone hosed up. The self heal Second Wind was made a role action, so you can still get it, but it's shared among all physical DPS. It also lost all the cross class skills.

Some skills got their levels adjusted, but broadly, I don't think anything changed that'd render old muscle memory obsolete.