Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Jose posted:

I went to a restaurant in the UK thst charged £1 for any burger toppings that included red onion lol

i agree; veggies are death in a capitalist society focused on quality over quantity

vegetation is a waste of time, unamerican, and quite frankly a luxury, and not a privilege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i agree; veggies are death in a capitalist society focused on quality over quantity

vegetation is a waste of time, unamerican, and quite frankly a luxury, and not a privilege

Do not, my friends, become addicted to veggies. They will take hold of you and you will resent their absence.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Dreddout posted:

Do not, my friends, become addicted to veggies. They will take hold of you and you will resent their absence.

yes
veggies are crack cocaine, and the province of evil illegals, hangry housewives, and idiot prole unwashed classes

immigrants eat vegetables; how vastly unamerican

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

vegetables aka cuck fruit

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jose posted:

I went to a restaurant in the UK thst charged £1 for any burger toppings that included red onion lol

Was it like a "the burger is a pound but every topping you want is also a pound" sort of thing? yikes

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Epic High Five posted:

Was it like a "the burger is a pound but every topping you want is also a pound" sort of thing? yikes
I doubt the burger was only a pound.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I doubt the burger was only a pound.

It doesn't make sense, but then again you've gotta factor in that the current business environment massively rewards stupid ideas that have not only never turned a profit but oftentimes don't even have a theory as to how to be profitable in the future.

In a world of SnapChat being worth 25 billion and Tesla being the largest market cap car company in America, anything is possible friend, no matter how stupid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The burger was about what I'd expect for a good burger but they also hosed it up and it was really dry

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Jose posted:

The burger was about what I'd expect for a good burger but they also hosed it up and it was really dry

that's a very bad burger

a dry burger is an effrontery on the part of that establishment to the concept of the hamburger as well as it's unsuspecting patrons

then they charge extra for onions; you should applaud yourself for having successfully avoided an act of violence upon your exit

dry burgers, ugh

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/896137957156962306

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/774374235775102976

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I think you found NewForumSoftware. Good work

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
(from the trumpgret reddit)

better late than never i guess

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
so much for the tolerant right

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
they'll all bend the knee again in 2020

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

got any sevens posted:

yea :(

maybe not the black conservative or the last guy who says his wife is black (assuming they're real)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's kind of painful knowing that every one of these motherfuckers balking at Trump will spend Summer & Fall 2020 scrolling through Facebook feeds, tacitly piecing together the reason why yet again the smart money is actually on the party that keeps biting them in the rear end, I am a smart and busines-oriented person and Republicans are good for businesses because they say so *votes GOP*

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Potato Salad posted:

It's kind of painful knowing that every one of these motherfuckers balking at Trump will spend Summer & Fall 2020 scrolling through Facebook feeds, tacitly piecing together the reason why yet again the smart money is actually on the party that keeps biting them in the rear end, I am a smart and busines-oriented person and Republicans are good for businesses because they say so *votes GOP*

the realistic hope is that a bunch get disillusioned or vote 3rd party

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

the realistic hope is that a bunch get disillusioned or vote 3rd party

See Romney. (and Hillary Clinton, for that matter) Elections are, more or less by definition, popularity contests, and in the US being uninspiring is crippling for a candidate. A lot of Trump's initial sheen has wore off, though who knows how that'll go in 2020, especially if the centrist Democrats have their way.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
2020 is a long way off, just having trump voters stay home in 2018, and a united dem/left turnout, would be pretty drat helpful

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

got any sevens posted:

the best was that guy who trump stiffed for several thousand during the campaign and was in the middle of suing him for payment who still admitted to voting for him

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

See Romney. (and Hillary Clinton, for that matter) Elections are, more or less by definition, popularity contests, and in the US being uninspiring is crippling for a candidate. A lot of Trump's initial sheen has wore off, though who knows how that'll go in 2020, especially if the centrist Democrats have their way.

as long as trump doesn't start a war to bolster his approval ratings and the fascists don't use a window of opportunity to kill more people than they already have, things might not be completely hosed beyond the entire world economy and ecology, actually.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Willie Tomg posted:

as long as trump doesn't start a war to bolster his approval ratings and the fascists don't use a window of opportunity to kill more people than they already have, things might not be completely hosed beyond the entire world economy and ecology, actually.

just a friendly reminder that at this point in george w bush's first term, 9/11 was still 4 weeks away :)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

, and a united dem/left turnout, would be pretty drat helpful

This isn't looking likely fyi

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dreddout posted:

This isn't looking likely fyi

thanks for the update. if u want me when the ppl's revolution happens i'll be relaxing against this here wall

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

thanks for the update. if u want me when the ppl's revolution happens i'll be relaxing against this here wall

:shrug: I'm working with the DSA to make it more likely but the Dems really aren't even taking a compromise (Bernie, Ellison, et all) so I guess we'll get four more years of Republican dominance while the Dems play catch up

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Imo as a poor hispanic, I would put incrementalist libs to the wall if it meant my family got affordable healthcare, sorry not sorry

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dreddout posted:

Imo as a poor hispanic, I would put incrementalist libs to the wall if it meant my family got affordable healthcare, sorry not sorry

Hell put them against the wall for no benefit, in the spirit of charity

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

These pants making GBS threads scared of taxes liberals putting a rhetorical boot to the head of leftists are so loving ghoulish. They want to pretend to be the good guys and be Dems.
It's gross as hell

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm wondering what kind of sock puppets you've encountered, because I've only ever met liberals who want to make sure at absolute minimum that social programs and education are adequately funded and that ensuring corporations and the rich pay their fair share.

Seeing as that's basically Bernie's take on taxes (source: I've campaigned for him most of my adult life), I'm presuming any actual leftist who isn't just desiring to be a pissy prick would be amenable to those things that the overwhelming majority of liberals support.

The use of a neoliberal as a stand-in strawman for the liberal base is a disingenuous tactic that is getting old and tired in the face of an electoral majority party that is far more deserving of your ire.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Potato Salad posted:

I'm wondering what kind of sock puppets you've encountered, because I've only ever met liberals who want to make sure at absolute minimum that social programs and education are adequately funded and that ensuring corporations and the rich pay their fair share.

Check this out: "adequately funding" social programs means a massive expansion because the current level doesn't do nearly enough

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

That is correct.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

*crickets*

... what's your point? Senator Sanders would be the first to enumerate to you the ways in which plugging tax loopholes go a long way in funding programs whose expansion or creation just might restore faith in the fact that government works.

What do you think you're attacking?

Potato Salad has issued a correction as of 13:52 on Aug 14, 2017

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Potato Salad posted:

That is correct.

Wait a minute, are you upset that I didn't immediately respond to you?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The *crickets* post is not about your speed. My bad. It's more, "Yeah, I agree entirety with you here, what did I say that would make you think otherwise? "

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dreddout posted:

how long have you been following politics and voting?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Dreddout posted:

What are your thoughts on putting the GOP to the wall if it meant your family got affordable and subsidized healthcare regardless of what some lovely state legislature wanted to intentionally hamstring?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I can't read "I didn't ask for this" without instantly switching to Adam Jensen in my head

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

No, stop, i didn't vote for blood and soil, hail bictory.

*voted for domel trmup*

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Potato Salad posted:

What are your thoughts on putting the GOP to the wall if it meant your family got affordable and subsidized healthcare regardless of what some lovely state legislature wanted to intentionally hamstring?

hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If you started there it might be more productive