Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Valle posted:

And now one with no filter

Froze my game for like 5 seconds lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

anyone have any luck farming for vaal side areas lately? My old standbuys don't seem to work.

are you trying to do the challenge? just buy the prophecy and go to the zone the wiki says the bosses vaal side area spawns in that zone.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

Froze my game for like 5 seconds lol

marvel heroes 2.0

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

The March Hare posted:

Yeah there will be hell to pay for this on Reddit I'm sure.

Never mind reddit, we'll have to petition GGG to change the guild name from "Pants in Exile"

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

The March Hare posted:

Yeah there will be hell to pay for this on Reddit I'm sure.

The Reddit is mostly people complaining about bring banned right now after leveling up. Stay tuned to see if it was a real ban wave or a hilarious gently caress up!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Imagine enjoying a game without botting or cheating

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

When it comes to maxing out quality on skill gems, is there any real reason to burn 20 gemcutter's prisms individually upping a given skill's quality over just trading the gem at max level and a prism for a level 1 max quality gem?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Trebuchet King posted:

When it comes to maxing out quality on skill gems, is there any real reason to burn 20 gemcutter's prisms individually upping a given skill's quality over just trading the gem at max level and a prism for a level 1 max quality gem?

Unless youre flush with orbs its a bit silly to drop 20gcps for each skill you use.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

So the bossroom of the T15 beachhead map is kind of intense

im jelly

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

That's kinda what I was thinking, it seemed kinda like a trap to use them instead of using the vendor recipe.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Is there a special trick to the Museum boss? He just stands there, does a cast animation, then I lose 70% of my HP. This is with capped resists and 4500 HP. He doesn't really cast anything recognizable or dodgeable, so I wonder what exactly he's doing. I can avoid the damage by running around with a Quicksilver flask up but as soon as I'm standing still, I pretty much die once my instant life flask is empty.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

peak debt posted:

Is there a special trick to the Museum boss? He just stands there, does a cast animation, then I lose 70% of my HP. This is with capped resists and 4500 HP. He doesn't really cast anything recognizable or dodgeable, so I wonder what exactly he's doing. I can avoid the damage by running around with a Quicksilver flask up but as soon as I'm standing still, I pretty much die once my instant life flask is empty.

He does mainly chaos damage. If you dont have any chaos resistance at all, try using an amethyst flask and a decoy totem.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

peak debt posted:

He detonates corpses which does absurd damage, that could be what's getting you. Making sure to stay away from any dead enemies might help

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I stick way too much with templar and Maur totem builds

What is a right side of the tree boss killer build ? I want to kill the shaper this season .

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002
When should I start spending my prophecy coins?

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Invader Zym posted:

When should I start spending my prophecy coins?

As some rear end you get them now. No reason to hold on because they removed difficulties.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Trebuchet King posted:

Also you can just buy 20 quality gems from players if you don't want to level them twice. They're always going to be cheaper than spending 20 gcps on a quality 0 gem. Anything else doesn't make economic sense.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

pakman posted:

As some rear end you get them now. No reason to hold on because they removed difficulties.
quotin' for posterity

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

euphronius posted:

What is a right side of the tree boss killer build ? I want to kill the shaper this season .

Darkpact uses some of the right part of the tree :v:

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Mr. Despair posted:

The Reddit is mostly people complaining about bring banned right now after leveling up. Stay tuned to see if it was a real ban wave or a hilarious gently caress up!

They banned 15% of the player base in order to sneak the templar pants amendment through the senate!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, what's a good cheap offhand for gladiator sunder, preferably whirling blades compatible?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Tempestuous steel is the go to.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Hey, what's a good cheap offhand for gladiator sunder, preferably whirling blades compatible?

Tempestuous Steel or Prismatic Eclipse

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Also princess and ichimonji or whatever's the f that is called

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mr. Despair posted:

is that supposed to say being?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6sxtib/ggg_for_the_love_of_god_vacuum_pick_up_please/

Which goon was this? Dumb idea. Part of deciding what to pick up is a skill.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 11, 2017

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Raged posted:

This is a long shot, but I am in my first labyrinth and have a problem. In the first section, I have come across 2 locked doors in one area and I can't find any switches or anything to unlock them. What am I missing

Probably not a good description, but I thought I would give it a shot. General chat is currently full of trumptards talking about pizza gate some I'm not going to bother there.

Going back to this, in addition to Golden Doors, there's a set piece that seems to occur fairly often on the first lab area with two locked gates near each other. Near one of them there'll be a series of three tiles with Fire, Ice, and Lightning designs on them in a random order. You have to walk on the tiles, starting with the one furthest from the door, to unlock it, and then that pattern is the key to a puzzle once you're in.

I just remember not noticing the initial tiles at all a few leagues back, so in case anyone else is as blind as I am, there you go :v:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Holyshoot posted:

is that supposed to say being?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6sxtib/ggg_for_the_love_of_god_vacuum_pick_up_please/

being, yeah.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Got my Inquisitor up to 69 last night, and got RF rolling. Shield Charging through packs and having them all die in hellfire as I pass is definitely fun, as is turning the scorching ray on for rares and bosses.

Still rather squish at 3.6k HP, though, and I only have enough mana regen to sustain RF/MoM because of Atziri's Foible in my amulet slot (ed: and of course as I get more life on gear that's only going to get worse as RF's damage increases). Any suggestions to correct that? It and Rise of the Phoenix are the only uniques I'm using, IIRC.

I'd post my profile but poe's site is blocked at work, as is the wiki :rip:. Think I posted a URL earlier though.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 11, 2017

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Hey, anybody available to invite to the goon guild? Name in game is Namaeria.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Ciaphas posted:

Got my Inquisitor up to 69 last night, and got RF rolling. Shield Charging through packs and having them all die in hellfire as I pass is definitely fun, as is turning the scorching ray on for rares and bosses.

Still rather squish at 3.6k HP, though, and I only have enough mana regen to sustain RF/MoM because of Atziri's Foible in my amulet slot (ed: and of course as I get more life on gear that's only going to get worse as RF's damage increases). Any suggestions to correct that? It and Rise of the Phoenix are the only uniques I'm using, IIRC.

I'd post my profile but poe's site is blocked at work, as is the wiki :rip:. Think I posted a URL earlier though.

Clarity is super helpful, as is getting +mana regen on a couple of rares. You can usually get it pretty cheap because nobody else really wants it and it blocks a good suffix. If you don't have them yet, prioritize getting the mana regen nodes near MoM and the max mana nodes near witch start. Getting max mana or mana regen on jewels can help, too. Basically just do a ton of little stuff that adds up eventually.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Following a Scorching Ray cwc firestorm build guide until I realized that it takes both Phase Acro and Unwavering Stance (via the Witch area, no less). So I guess its main defensive strategy is to just soak up the hits with HP (and Berserker/Vaal Pact).

I'm considering reallocating the US passives toward Practical Application and maybe Nimbleness (which would give 55% or 70% chance to avoid interruptions whilst casting). I've not played a caster before. So, how effective are these in practice?

ronya fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 11, 2017

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Note that Dodge and evasion are two separate things so acro with unwavering stance is unusual but it does make some sense.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
:aaa:

Wait, what? Dodge works with Unwavering Stance?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dodge is not evasion ! It's magical.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

euphronius posted:

Ele conversion pathfinder or raider builds can kill shaper with a few different skills.

There's also KB/barrage wander.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

euphronius posted:

Dodge is not evasion ! It's magical.

I don't :psyduck:

GGG why

Guess I'll go look at my skill planner again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stangg posted:

Ele conversion pathfinder or raider builds can kill shaper with a few different skills.

There's also KB/barrage wander.

That's what I'm looking at . Pathfinder or Raider.

Thank you

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Pooncha posted:

I don't :psyduck:

GGG why

Guess I'll go look at my skill planner again.

Its calculated differently from evasion and actually stacks with it to provide an additional "layer" of chance to not get hit.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Can you clarify if you're making fun of POEs terrible NO gently caress YOU DAD DIABLO playerbase or if you genuinely think clicking on two scrolls of wisdom is a skill lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Eminai posted:

Clarity is super helpful, as is getting +mana regen on a couple of rares. You can usually get it pretty cheap because nobody else really wants it and it blocks a good suffix. If you don't have them yet, prioritize getting the mana regen nodes near MoM and the max mana nodes near witch start. Getting max mana or mana regen on jewels can help, too. Basically just do a ton of little stuff that adds up eventually.

I believe I have those sets of nodes, yeah, and I am running Clarity. Don't think any of my gear besides the Atziri's Foible has mana regen on it though, so I'll look into that.

Without Atziri's Foible, and while running Purity of Fire and Clarity and the anti-dot Pantheon (Arakkala?), I'm just barely negative on mana regen. :(