Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-philadelphia-eagles-1797746673

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Less Zeke the Stink Elliott and more Ronald The Greatest Darby

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

These articles always suck. It's like they are written by people that don't follow the NFL. Yeah our QB is from North Dakota and likes to hunt. Boy he really nailed us there.

We already had the NFC East dumpster fire series which is like the same idea only written by someone who watches the teams.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They're only worth it for the fan submissions.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NotWearingPants posted:

These articles always suck. It's like they are written by people that don't follow the NFL. Yeah our QB is from North Dakota and likes to hunt. Boy he really nailed us there.

We already had the NFC East dumpster fire series which is like the same idea only written by someone who watches the teams.

It is true that Wentz is probably bad and we will live in the toilet forever.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

counterpoint: Inspirational Chicken Man

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NotWearingPants posted:

I knew, just knew, you'd get really mad at this lol

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

The YTTS series loving owns and gives me lots of laughter and then accurately predicts how every season will go for every team without actually providing a record prediction

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, I'm livid.

Seriously though, I wish there were critiques in that article that caused even a little bit of emotional response in me other than "Oh, this is dumb. I'm wasting my time reading it."

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Cowboys will be fine w/o Zeke for 6 games (and who knows if he even serves that this season with an appeal and possible litigation). Our line and Morris/DMC waiting in the wings can handle that load.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

so you're asking if it's possible for a team to go 0-0-16 and then make the playoffs and run the table

no, I uh, I don't think that's very likely

The problem is that the NFL taking matters into its own hands further fucks the justice system by creating an avenue for them to go "gently caress it, the NFL will handle this" when players are involved in issues of domestic violence or other criminal matters. And that's before you consider that the NFL or its organizations are often complicit in tampering with the original investigations in the first place. It's not "The NFL getting it right," it's "the NFL taking the power away from the justice system" which, even if the justice system is hosed, still has boundaries laid out in the constitution and isn't an arbitrary process with punishments decided by one guy based on how badly the alleged crime will hurt ticket sales.

Mr. Brady please go home, we'll get an uber for you.

This is one of the dumbest rants I've seen here and I'm positive you're not getting raked over the coals for it because no one else bothered to read it. NFL players don't get away with crimes because they get suspended, NFL players get away with crimes because they're loving loaded.

No one wants to deal with a wealthy defendant with the best lawyer in the state who actually will take every thing to its legal extreme and destroy you if you hosed anything up.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah, I'm livid.

Seriously though, I wish there were critiques in that article that caused even a little bit of emotional response in me other than "Oh, this is dumb. I'm wasting my time reading it."

It's meant to be a joke, lighten up

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think professional athletes should get off for non-violent crimes in their hometowns and the cities they play for and cops that arrest them are dicks.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Apparently it was a very emotional day for the Eagles with Jordan Matthews. A lot of the team went out to dinner with him yesterday to say goodbye and Wentz was the one who drove him to the airport. 😕

https://twitter.com/jclarkcsn/status/896227373498216450

89 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 12, 2017

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I bet that dude appreciates the camera in his face.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lol I just caught the 6 games for Elliott, totally earned it.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
had a tough last 6 months my daughter was in and out of the hospital with poo poo so im excited to see some seahawks football tomorrow friends, football is great lets all bitch at each other about everything for the next five months

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Do it ironically posted:

had a tough last 6 months my daughter was in and out of the hospital with poo poo so im excited to see some seahawks football tomorrow friends, football is great lets all bitch at each other about everything for the next five months

gently caress the seahawks

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

a new study bible! posted:

gently caress the seahawks

mbison.giff

let's get this season going already

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Do it ironically posted:

Oh I have permission? Richard Sherman only covers part of the field, holds like crazy, and is on PED's.

Russell Wilson is a moron and word on the street is that he cheated on his wife but she confided in Golden Tate's wife hence the bad blood.

Also Pete Carroll did 9/11 and pretends it didn't happen to throw everyone off his trail. Think about it.

Edit:. I hope everything is great with the little one and the Seahawks' plane crashes into Rainier. Football!

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 13, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Apparently Ronald Darby has been blowing everyone away at camp in this extremely short time. Just his presence has elevated the game of all of the secondary. Had an INT today and almost had another after that. Still, obviously, hardly knows the scheme.

Howie for MVP.

Also, small, but noteworthy. Malcolm Jenkins has personally been targeting Nelson Agholor in practice. Making sure to always cover him, getting in his face, being super rough with him. Challenging him more than anyone else to take over Jordan Matthews's old role.

89 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 15, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

89 posted:

Apparently Ronald Darby has been blowing everyone away at camp in this extremely short time. Just his presence has elevated the game of all of the secondary. Had an INT today and almost had another after that. Still, obviously, hardly knows the scheme.

Howie for MVP.

Also, small, but noteworthy. Malcolm Jenkins has personally been targeting Nelson Agholor in practice. Making sure to always cover him, getting in his face, being super rough with him. Challenging him more than anyone else to take over Jordan Matthews's old role.

So what you are saying is the Eagles are on course to defend the Offseason Champ title.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If you put a gun to my head and demanded my season prediction for the NFC East...I want to believe the Eagles will take the next step, and the Cowboys will have to play from behind after their number of suspensions to squeak by in the wild card.

It's just a feeling a get going into this season. I just don't expect Eli to look good, and somehow the Redskins will find a way to regress. Both teams will split their series with Dallas though, somehow. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I expect an even shittier Cowboys defense this year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It'll end as an all 8-8 division with the Eagles on top and the Cowboys losing the division in wek 17. So it is written, so it shall be.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

It'll end as an all 7-9 division with the Eagles on top and the Cowboys losing the division in wek 17. So it is written, so it shall be.

fixed it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The mythical 3-13 division winner will rise

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Ryan Mathews is finally gone.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/897485268533510144

A tidy player in a battered, broken old body.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

Ryan Mathews is finally gone.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/897485268533510144

A tidy player in a battered, broken old body.

I really liked the way Mathews ran and I was always hoping for a miracle where he wouldn't get hurt, but the safe bet was that he'd get hurt again.

I wonder if his injury issues can be blamed solely on football. Mathews is really into motocross so he's probably had some pretty impressive wipeouts there.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Howie is obviously racist towards guys with Matthews as a last name.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Wait we have non-eagles fans itt now who have bought into enough offseason champ propaganda that they actually think the Eagles will win the division

I thought we were just humoring them so we could quote their posts in December and look back fondly on their "Nelson agholor in the best shape of his life" optimism

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

No that's just crazy nonsense about Nelson Agholor.

Zach Ertz, however, is poised for a breakout year

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Honestly, there's not a whole lot of holes left on the Eagles starting offensive and defensive rosters after this Darby trade. At least on paper.

We're looking goooood!

Eagles were also very deceptively much better last year than their record said. Even with one of the toughest NFL schedules of any team in a long, long time, they still came out with 7 wins. Only 2 of their losses were by more than one score. More than often it was by a field goal.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

Honestly, there's not a whole lot of holes left on the Eagles starting offensive and defensive rosters after this Darby trade. At least on paper.

We're looking goooood!

Eagles were also very deceptively much better last year than their record said. Even with one of the toughest NFL schedules of any team in a long, long time, they still came out with 7 wins. Only 2 of their losses were by more than one score. More than often it was by a field goal.

We had 9 pythagorean wins last year despite 7 actual wins which tends to correlate with improvement the next year.

AND

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Eagles are placing third in the division.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Tom Sellout posted:

yeah

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Tom Sellout posted:

You misspelled Cowboys friend :)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm the Eagles fan picking Washington to win it all

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

88 the Troy Burton page

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not sure what he had to do with Charlottesville do u have a link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Iodised QQ posted:

Wait we have non-eagles fans itt now who have bought into enough offseason champ propaganda that they actually think the Eagles will win the division

I thought we were just humoring them so we could quote their posts in December and look back fondly on their "Nelson agholor in the best shape of his life" optimism

I thought this was a good summary of why people might feel this way:

quote:

Way back in March, if I were to tell you the Philadelphia Eagles would be able to upgrade at quarterback, wide receiver, defensive end, cornerback, safety, and arguably another position here or there, while somehow ending up with more salary cap space on the final day of training camp in August than they had before free agency began, you'd probably say I was crazy, right?

Well, that's exactly what the Eagles did.

Off-season Champions baby!

• Locked thread