Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

cheetah7071 posted:

I mostly really like the healer shisui set but it needs a slightly longer skirt to be the exact right level of skimpy imo

Healer sushi top looks solid with the Quan pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

orcane posted:

The unlock quest for the first of the three Crystal Tower raids (Labyrinth of the Ancients). It features all the best elements of FF14 questing like excessive FedEx-ing and waiting hours for the right FATE to pop.

i mean it only takes forever if you don't bother doing other easy fates to clear out the ones you don't want

like i did the whole unlock sequence in about 90 minutes even with the fates not being spawned when i first started

it's a pain in the dick but it can be done pretty quick if you try instead of bitching to your friends that nothing's spawned

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

it's biggest offense imo is that you can't collect all four at once, so sometimes you get hosed with fates spawning when you can't use them

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Thundarr posted:

The quest to unlock the Crystal Tower (2.x 24-man raid series).

Oh I already did that. I have labyrinth of the ancients unlocked but I haven't done the raid yet. Looks like there is 2 raids after that too

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MechaCrash posted:

Haymaker that never made much sense to me, since if you're getting attacked either you're soloing or someone hosed up.

I don't miss Haymaker, but at least it would trigger off misses from attacks that hit the whole party, on the rare occasions that your dodged one.

The Third Eye skills for Samurai are basically a much better version of Haymaker since you have better control over when they trigger.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Zandar posted:

The strafe keys still move you in a straight line, it's only the turn keys that move you in an arc. (Of course, strafing still has you facing away from the camera, but that's generally less of an issue when moving left and right.)

Unfortunately, if you try to strafe and move backwards at the same time, instead of running diagonally towards the camera you start walking sideways and backwards as though you weren't in legacy mode.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Erg posted:

i mean it only takes forever if you don't bother doing other easy fates to clear out the ones you don't want

The bosses melt in seconds though. I was doing the kobold one, and clearing out the other FATEs when it finally popped and by the time I could run back it was 99% dead, and my fleche finished it off. Thankfully bronze is good enough to satisfy the requirements.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I think the top matches well with tights (Taoist's Slops in this case), or something like the Spring Skirt for the healer set.

Need better shoes to match with those but eh. also i'll use any excuse to post pictures of my dragongirl

:yeah:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

The bosses melt in seconds though. I was doing the kobold one, and clearing out the other FATEs when it finally popped and by the time I could run back it was 99% dead, and my fleche finished it off. Thankfully bronze is good enough to satisfy the requirements.

oh yeah that's a bad time. i was doing it on some weeknight before SB launched when no one cared enough to try and snipe fates

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I think the top matches well with tights (Taoist's Slops in this case), or something like the Spring Skirt for the healer set.

Need better shoes to match with those but eh. also i'll use any excuse to post pictures of my dragongirl

You copied my outfit! (though I use metallic blue)

But yeah, the Taoist leggings are dope as hell. Dye really drat well to match just about anything. The metallic dyes look especially great on it.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Mordiceius posted:

You copied my outfit! (though I use metallic blue)

Metallic blue was probably the first dye I got from the market.

I hope we get a dyeable and job agnostic version of the lvl 70 AST outfit at some point.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
WoL canonically male

quote:

"Krile regrettably cannot attend," Y'shtola explained. "She is in the midst of an important survey and said that she would content herself with a delivery. As for the Warrior of Light..."

Swallowing her cookie, Alisaie picked up where Y'shtola had trailed off, a hint of displeasure in her voice. "Oh, he's doubtless engaged in some heroic endeavor or other. He knows the time and place, though, and gave me no reason to believe he wouldn't come."

owned, non-male be-ers.

e: oh holy moly there's a button that changes the gender at the top. that's actually cool, gj square

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Countblanc posted:

WoL canonically male

owned, non-male be-ers.

e: oh holy moly there's a button that changes the gender at the top. that's actually cool, gj square

They've been depicted as male in the expansion cinematics, haven't they? It's not like its a new thing. Doesn't the WoD look really similar to the 'canon' WoL?

That's rad that they that they have that gender option for a little text story though. I generally can't picture the WoL as anyone but my cat lady.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

You copied my outfit!

Ah yes, the elusive and unique "shisui with fox ears" glamour. A rare sight in Eorzea. :popeye:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I'm probably just being dumb and sleep-deprived but who's the guy that Alphinaud was talking about?

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

vOv posted:

I'm probably just being dumb and sleep-deprived but who's the guy that Alphinaud was talking about?

Estenien.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

A Bug posted:

Estenien.

His Big Bro.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

funkymonks posted:

Healer sushi top looks solid with the Quan pants.

The dangly bits on the skirt are the best part of the set though

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

WoL shows up, eats literally everything in the restaurant, immediately teleports off to fight a raid boss. Girls are left with the bill.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Brainamp posted:

WoL shows up, eats literally everything in the restaurant, immediately teleports off to fight a raid boss. Girls are left with the bill.

Gotta get your fair pay for a day's scioning somehow. They're tight fisted as all hell.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Brainamp posted:

*solemn nod*

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it's frankly criminal that the WoL isn't able to go to the tea party decked out in armor and poo poo. /visor so you can slam a cookie in your mouth

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

vOv posted:

That dragoon... was Albert Estinien

share if u like

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm impressed the WoL drank with Hien given his/her history with being poisoned.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

That dragoon... was Albert Estinien

share if u like

The father smiled and said, "Welcome to the Monetarists".

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Everyone stood up and /clapped

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Azubah posted:

I'm impressed the WoL drank with Hien given his/her history with being poisoned.

WoL is an alcoholic, be nice. Sometimes they wake up naked in a pile of tomestones, fox ears and level 63 gear and don't even know how it happened.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

WoL is an alcoholic, be nice. Sometimes they wake up naked in a pile of tomestones, fox ears and level 63 gear and don't even know how it happened.

Don't like. I know exactly what happened. I was raiding some Lost Canals, if you catch my drift. :getin:

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

Oxyclean posted:

They've been depicted as male in the expansion cinematics, haven't they? It's not like its a new thing. Doesn't the WoD look really similar to the 'canon' WoL?

Have you gone through the 3.x quests yet?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Also Y'shtola is dating the warrior of light who is also a girl, my uncle who works at Squeenix said so.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
armoured catgirls only please

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

armoured catgirls only please

Is that what the Sophia DRK weapon looks like? Badass, I might have to get one. I use the same helm along with the Shire Protector set for my DRK glam and it looks great.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
yeah the sophia sword and diadem fending set were such a perfect match i couldn't believe it

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah the sophia sword and diadem fending set were such a perfect match i couldn't believe it

I am insanely fond of the DRK anima weapon paired with AF3 but if/when they release the inevitable glowing crafted Sophia weapons...

I will be unable to resist.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Mordiceius posted:

Don't like. I know exactly what happened. I was raiding some Lost Canals, if you catch my drift. :getin:

Speaking of Lost Canals, you going to run any map groups later tonight?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Argas posted:

Speaking of Lost Canals, you going to run any map groups later tonight?

Yeah. Prolly.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Random question: why would I ever use Patient Touch?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ilifinicus posted:

no you loving idiot

the buffs are to when you FAIL TO DO YOUR POSITIONAL, not to your regular damage.

if you play correctly, the changes do nothing

considering that certain bosses move in such a way that missing a positional is inevitable even with True North? yeah its a buff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

UHD posted:

Random question: why would I ever use Patient Touch?

When you only have 1 stack, so failure doesn't cause you to lose any stacks.