Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Get close to the explosion.
I can't tell if it's just because I'm incredibly inept, but has anyone else had trouble building the Primaris Librarian kit? I found it to be so fiddly, and have such small points of contact for the glue, that I had to resort to drastic cutting under the cloak and still wound up with a ghastly gap in his robes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TyrantSabre posted:

I can't tell if it's just because I'm incredibly inept, but has anyone else had trouble building the Primaris Librarian kit? I found it to be so fiddly, and have such small points of contact for the glue, that I had to resort to drastic cutting under the cloak and still wound up with a ghastly gap in his robes.

They had an entire segment on a recent IC podcast about how lovely assembling him is. It's not just you.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I definitely remember Carl on IC talking about having a bunch of trouble with that kit

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Pendent posted:

I definitely remember Carl on IC talking about having a bunch of trouble with that kit

Man, what happened to Carl? I miss that guy

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man, what happened to Carl? I miss that guy

I asked that a few weeks ago and the general consensus is that he left SA when goons got goony about Alan Bligh, who was a personal friend of his.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I remember him making a post on here talking about taking a break from forums posting for a while. There were definitely some hard feeling about the Alan Bligh stuff sort of centered around the Horus Heresy Inferno book's quality. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back at some point.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

I asked that a few weeks ago and the general consensus is that he left SA when goons got goony about Alan Bligh, who was a personal friend of his.

No one got goony, he overreacted as he is wont to do.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Nah there was one guy who was spectacularly crass in an entirely cunty way in the Death Thread.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
TBF to Carl he had just lost a friend and was clearly messed up over it. Any level of people being crass about it was probably too much to deal with let alone anyone being a
outright antagonistic.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

At least that particular guy stopped posting afterwards.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Nah there was one guy who was spectacularly crass in an entirely cunty way in the Death Thread.

Oh right. That was absolutely poo poo. Should have added that was the one time him getting angry was justified. But as far as I could tell everyone was pretty respectful towards Alan other than that one idiot.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
In less cunty news, there's a new 40k Roleplay game on the way:

Disappointed it's not Dark Heresy or it's offshoots, but imagine the effort it'd take to rip DH from FFG's claws wouldn't be worth it. Ah well.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
lol at the revisionist history ITT

TTerrible posted:

It is tragic that Alan Bligh had cancer, but don't feel bad for levelling criticism at the company for putting out a lovely product.

Ghost Hand posted:

Alan was a close friend of mine and he brought more joy to the Warhammer community than your poo poo posting ever will.

He apologised, but wasn't lashing out at a "spectacularly crass in an entirely cunty way" post.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
FWIW I'm pretty sure the crass post was Pawl in the death thread.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm fairly certain they were talking about a different post, as TTerrible still posts in this thread from time to time and you are correct in that his post was really not objectionable.

I'll confess that I'm curious about which post they're referring too, though.

TTerrible posted:

FWIW I'm pretty sure the crass post was Pawl in the death thread.

E: Beaten by the man himself

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It was forum poster Pawl in the death thread

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
It was Colonel Mustard in the library. With the boltgun.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, it was Pawl rushing with unseemly haste to make the cool kid edgy joke. It's not worth summarising really, it wasn't even vaguely funny. Just badly ill-judged and kind of vile. Much like Pawl himself.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Beerdeer posted:

It was Commander Mustardius in the librarium. With the boltgun.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah, it was Pawl rushing with unseemly haste to make the cool kid edgy joke. It's not worth summarising really, it wasn't even vaguely funny. Just badly ill-judged and kind of vile. Much like Pawl himself.

Luckily that shitposter is gone. Three remain.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
I need your guy's help. I'm going to be playing a paladin in a DnD oneshot, and I need all of the best Imperial catechisms I can spout off. Classics like "An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded", "My faith is my weapon, my armor is contempt" to new stuff in the regimental standard like "The faithful hunger only for retribution." Basically, because it's a oneshot, I want to play this guy as fanatical as possible cause I'm only going to have to keep the gimmick going for a session or two.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Takkaryx posted:

I need your guy's help. I'm going to be playing a paladin in a DnD oneshot, and I need all of the best Imperial catechisms I can spout off. Classics like "An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded", "My faith is my weapon, my armor is contempt" to new stuff in the regimental standard like "The faithful hunger only for retribution." Basically, because it's a oneshot, I want to play this guy as fanatical as possible cause I'm only going to have to keep the gimmick going for a session or two.

40k quotes:

Rebellion begets retribution.

Courage without the presence of fear is like a pistol without bullets. Meaningless.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and its walls unguarded.

Wisdom is the beginning of fear.

Reason begets doubt; doubt begets heresy.

Follow me if I advance. Kill me if I retreat. Avenge me if I die. - Warmaster Solon

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Victory does not always rest with the big guns; but if we rest in front of them, we shall be lost. - Commander Argentius

The reward for treachery is retribution.

If all else fails, duck. As a defensive stratagem it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a moment or two.

Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.

To a Space Marine, the boltgun is far more than a weapon; it is an instrument of Mankind's divinity, the bringer of death to his foes. Its howling blast is a prayer to the gods of battle.

Know the mutant; kill the mutant.

The Martyr's grave is the foundation of the Imperium.

There is no substitute for zeal.

A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt.

Hope is the beginning of unhappiness.

The Emperor asks only that you obey.

What I cannot crush with words I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard. - Lord Solar Macharius

Only in death does duty end.

My armour is contempt.

A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: if one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone.

There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush.
Serve the Emperor today, tomorrow you may be dead.
Strike fast and suddenly. Attack without warning. Secure victory before the foe is aware of the danger. Remember always, a war is easily won if your enemy does not know he is fighting. - Lord General Solar Macharius
Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.
There is no time for peace. No respite. No forgiveness. There is only WAR.
In the darkness all men are equal, save those that embrace it.
Into the fires of battle! Unto the anvil of war!
Let them bestride the galaxy like the gods of old, sheltering Mankind from destruction at the hands of an uncaring universe.
A fine mind is a blessing of the Emperor - it should not be cluttered with trivialities.
Do not ask me to approach the battle meekly, to creep through the shadows, or to quietly slip on my foes in the dark. I am Rogal Dorn, Imperial Fist, Space Marine, Emperor�s Champion. Let my enemies cower at my advance and tremble at the sight of me. - Rogal Dorn
Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed he is gone forever, a retinal after-image that fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights.
Look to your battle-gear and it will protect you. We guard it with our lives. Your armour is your Soul, and your Soul's dedication its armour. The soul of a warrior is the shield of humanity. Honour the craft of death. Only the Emperor is higher in our devotion. Honour the battle-gear of the Dead. We ask only to serve. (Catechism of Worship, alternating).
If a job's worth doing it's worth dying for.
Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy's.
Preservation of life for its own sake is not to be commended where sacrifice offers a reasonable chance of gain. Nonetheless, the purposeless waste of life is equally to be avoided. The loss of trained personnel implies the loss of resources, equipment and knowledge. A true warrior does not belittle his value as a resource. The duty of the commander is to judge what means should be undertaken to achieve each objective. He must be aware of what is to be gained and what may be lost. A commander who places his troops in a position where he may likely lose more than he may likely gain risks more than the lives of his men. He risks far more; he risks failure. Loss is acceptable, failure is not.
A small mind is a tidy mind.
Here I am and here I shall die.
It is not in my mind to ask questions that cannot be answered. That is the soul standing upon the crossroad of vacillation. You search for wisdom, but achieve only a stasis of will.
Our thoughts light the Darkness that others may cross space. We are one with the Emperor, our souls joined in his will. Praise the Emperor whose sacrifice is life as ours is death. Hail his name the Master of Humanity. (catechism)
Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully.
Purge those who are unclean.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those that prosper truly judge what is sane.
For every battle honour a thousand heroes die alone, unsung and unremembered.
Beat your thoughts to the mould of your will.
Death is the only answer.
Seek & destroy.
Be pure.
Death brings its own reward.
There are no answers. Only Death.
Fear is the Mind Killer.
Death is honour.
Peace is Hell.
The Emperor knows.
Purge the Unclean.
Know No Fear.
Defile the Mutant.
Honour your Chapter.
Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind.
Do not wait for Death.
No mercy, no remorse, just kill.
His Word is our Strength.
Exist for the Emperor.
To be Unclean. That is the Mark of the Mutant. To be Impure. That is the Mark of the Mutant. To be Abhorred. That is the Mark of the Mutant. To be Reviled. That is the Mark of the Mutant. To be Hunted. That is the Mark of the Mutant. To be Purged. That is the fate of the Mutant. To be Cleansed. For that is the fate of all Mutants. (catechism)
Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim. Life is not measured in years, but by the deeds of men.
Defile not his presence.
Though silver in your palm weighs light compared to death by blast and sword, do not shy the hopeless fight for endeavour is its own reward.
There is no right or wrong in our profession. The present changes the past from moment to moment. Only pray for the future to vindicate your action.
Life is a prison, death shall be my release.
A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work. Time is carried upon a current incepted by forgotten deeds. Events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought. As all men must thank progenitors obscured by the past, so we must endure the present that those who come after may continue the greater work.
Better crippled in body than corrupt in mind.
For a warrior the only crime is cowardice.
Life is the Emperor's currency; spend it well.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 11, 2017

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

SteelMentor posted:

In less cunty news, there's a new 40k Roleplay game on the way:

Disappointed it's not Dark Heresy or it's offshoots, but imagine the effort it'd take to rip DH from FFG's claws wouldn't be worth it. Ah well.

FFG gave up the 40k license so while they may still own the name (I genuinely don't know if they do or not) there'd be no reason they couldn't make their own version with the same themes.

This sounds like it's going for a more...diverse set of options, it mentions playing as Xenos which is interesting:
http://www.ulisses-us.com/wrath-glory-faq/

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The fact that they're adding all the old 40k RPG books to DriveThruRPG is pretty nice though.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
These guys have a pretty awful podcast, but this tactics article on how assault moves have changed is really quite good.

http://ftgtgaming.blogspot.com/2017/07/8th-ed-tactica-combat-moves.html

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Ignore me, I got FTG mixed up with FLG.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RagnarokAngel posted:

FFG gave up the 40k license so while they may still own the name (I genuinely don't know if they do or not) there'd be no reason they couldn't make their own version with the same themes.

This sounds like it's going for a more...diverse set of options, it mentions playing as Xenos which is interesting:

They wouldn't own the name, Dark Heresy was Black Library before it was licensed to FFG.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

MasterSlowPoke posted:

These guys have a pretty awful podcast, but this tactics article on how assault moves have changed is really quite good.

http://ftgtgaming.blogspot.com/2017/07/8th-ed-tactica-combat-moves.html

Huh, that raises some interesting points.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
40K RPG, gently caress yes!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Makin progress on my Telemachon conversion, figured I'd post an armed update:

Decided I'm not going to try to make the shoulder cloak and Slaanesh icon in the standard art because I'm poo poo with greenstuff and also because it seems like one of those details that's not super-possible in reality given the backpack overlapping the cape in the rear. Pretty happy with how the work turned out, though cutting up the DV chosen is a huge pain in the rear end.

Already working on Lheorvine, and then it'll be Khayon.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

TheChirurgeon posted:

Makin progress on my Telemachon conversion, figured I'd post an armed update:

Decided I'm not going to try to make the shoulder cloak and Slaanesh icon in the standard art because I'm poo poo with greenstuff and also because it seems like one of those details that's not super-possible in reality given the backpack overlapping the cape in the rear. Pretty happy with how the work turned out, though cutting up the DV chosen is a huge pain in the rear end.

You might see if someone has some cloak bits from the Thousand Sons Exalted Sorcerers kit lying around. They fit in under the backpack and you still get the float cloak effect without it being obnoxious or hard to glue into place.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

koreban posted:

You might see if someone has some cloak bits from the Thousand Sons Exalted Sorcerers kit lying around. They fit in under the backpack and you still get the float cloak effect without it being obnoxious or hard to glue into place.

I think I have those lying around. Though the problem is that I'd have to model it over the shoulder to match the artwork, which would still require green stuff cloakwork:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c6/f3/a2/c6f3a297eee7c96913bda1a0cc9cf674.jpg

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think I have those lying around. Though the problem is that I'd have to model it over the shoulder to match the artwork, which would still require green stuff cloakwork:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c6/f3/a2/c6f3a297eee7c96913bda1a0cc9cf674.jpg

Well, technically you might not. The backpack in the painted artwork sits much higher than they do on models, and based on the attachment points, it's probably dead on for an under-backpack secured cloak.

I take your meaning, though. I adapted a Raptor kit recently to make TS/Tzaangor Warp Talons. My sergeant equivalent is TS and the dudeguys all have tzaangor heads, but otherwise work the same way as a normal warp talon squad.

I like how your conversions shaping up.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

RagnarokAngel posted:

GM: "You exit the ship and step out onto the spaceport tarmac."
Player 1: "Gorgutz looks around and-"
Player 2: *BLAM!* "Brother Manus shoots Gorgutz in the head, execution style and sneers 'Suffer not the alien to live!'"

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Gonna cross post 'cause I don't know how many people visit the paints thread:

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Here's my attempt at Fabulous Bill

Not sure if the rubber gloves thing is hokey or awesome. What do you guys think? I tried to make the cane marble like in the index, and this is my first attempt at flesh tone on a face.

Sorry for the blurry images. Galaxy core prime has a doodoo camera.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So i'm thinking of picking up a null-maiden rhino, a sisters of silence squad and a Culexus assassin to run with my AdMech to shut down Psykers, which have been the bane of my existence for a while.

Has anyone used them? I'm thinking of kitting out 9 of them as Vigilators and sticking those 9 and the assassin in the Rhino.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Zuul the Cat posted:

So i'm thinking of picking up a null-maiden rhino, a sisters of silence squad and a Culexus assassin to run with my AdMech to shut down Psykers, which have been the bane of my existence for a while.

Has anyone used them? I'm thinking of kitting out 9 of them as Vigilators and sticking those 9 and the assassin in the Rhino.

I’ve run a Culexus in a tournament list. Came 4th out of 50.

That assasin is incredible. The ultimate tar pitter. I play guard, have no combat units, and use him to reveal, and charge their warlord if they’re dumb enough to let me. He’s next to impossible to kill in combat.

The anti-psychic abilities is just a lovely addition.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Zuul the Cat posted:

Sounds like a good idea, the only caveat would be how is the assassin riding in the rhino? I don't have the book in front of me but most transports are very specific in what they can carry in 8th.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

The Sisko posted:

Sounds like a good idea, the only caveat would be how is the assassin riding in the rhino? I don't have the book in front of me but most transports are very specific in what they can carry in 8th.

Sadly this is a problem. The Null-Maiden only allows Sisters of Silence infantry inside. Still a useful addition to the army though even if they all can't ride together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Why would you bother putting the assasin in a rhino? He can setup 9”away from any enemy unit at the end of any of your movement phases.