Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fantasy announcers from the Jags - whoever game in london from a couple years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Does the law let you open carry your hattori hanzo steel?

haha

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

mayodreams posted:

Having grown up ~30 miles from South Bend, I can confirm it sucks, especially on game day. You'll be surrounded by bandwagon rear end in a top hat ND fans who will stop watching the minute they can't compete for a national championship they feel entitled to play for every year.

The campus is beautiful in a striking contrast to the fans and alums attitudes towards the visiting team*.

*May only apply to Purdue, Michigan, and Michigan State.

But enough about UGA fans, I was asking about Notre Dame

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Only ~100 exclamation points in ~200 pages Upton Sinclair would be rolling in his grave if he hasn't already been dug-up this time.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Joey Freshwater posted:

But enough about UGA fans, I was asking about Notre Dame

hey now, as a UGA fan I feel compelled to state that we only stop watching after it's clear that we won't be able to play for an SEC Championship. Two different things.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i'm going to the auburn/georgia game this year

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.

FizFashizzle posted:

Does the law let you open carry your hattori hanzo steel?

i am assuming :thejoke: but uh http://nique.net/news/2010/02/11/officials-release-sword-attack-details/

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Roasted Donut posted:

Looking forward to the ISIS tribute video

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Coco13 posted:

Wisconsin linebacker Jack Cichy, who got 3 sacks in the Holiday Bowl against USC on consecutive snaps is out for the year with a torn ACL AND I HATE EVERYTHING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2NPCmlL9s

ffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Pakled posted:

I'm hoping we'll get all kinds of alternate audio/commentating options with the upcoming ESPN streaming service.

There have been a lot of internal discussion to this effect for both ESPN and ACC network, option to pick your own video and audio feed

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lol Minnesota put a sad fake Floyd of Rosedale in their football offices

https://twitter.com/braden_claassen/status/895832759314382848

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
what

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The trophy we play them for that they have lost the last couple years. Apparently they have a replica just hanging out even when they lose it, which seems funny to me

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This is unacceptable, Mike.

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/lsu-tiger-reports-training-camp-completely-overwei-56624

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Looks like Jamarcus Russell in a tiger suit

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm going to the UGA/ND game in South Bend on 9/8 on party buses from Chicago. A friend of mine organizes it and there's 34 coach buses of people going, the majority of them are from Atlanta.

Anyway I didn't get tickets to the game because they're like $1k and gently caress that. I've heard South Bend sucks but does anyone know what the 'good' bars are to go to during the game?

south bend is a loving dump and there is no decent place to go and watch the game or "go out" to. this is not hyperbole; there is NOTHING there. your best bet is crashing a tailgate, preferably one set up by the visiting team's fans. The best bet of all is to just stay in Chicago, with second best being diverting one of the buses up to Michigan's wine country, about 35 minutes north of South Bend

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

south bend is a loving dump and there is no decent place to go and watch the game or "go out" to. this is not hyperbole; there is NOTHING there. your best bet is crashing a tailgate, preferably one set up by the visiting team's fans. The best bet of all is to just stay in Chicago, with second best being diverting one of the buses up to Michigan's wine country, about 35 minutes north of South Bend

Yeah the one and only time I was in south bend was during a fishing trip on halloween, we popped down to see the bar scene and it was completely, utterly dead. Apparently people at ND stay in dorms all 4 years and do all their drinking there, so other than one or two really lovely places there's nothing going on. It was unbelievable compared to any other midwestern campus.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

Auburn will be having a pretty solid season at least nominally still in contention for the west and then Georgia is going to win eliminating them and everyone around you will be extremely mad.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Auburn will be having a pretty solid season at least nominally still in contention for the west and then Georgia is going to win eliminating them and everyone around you will be extremely mad.

few things feel better than beating Auburn. Last year's UGA-Auburn game was sublime.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HannibalBarca posted:

few things feel better than beating Auburn. Last year's UGA-Auburn game was sublime.

watching Ohio State get dumpstered is definitely one of those things

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Houston Nutt got Ole Miss to agree not to disparage him. I've heard of employees on the way out signing a non-disparagement agreement, but I've never heard of it going the other way like this.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2017/08/11/ole-miss-houston-nutt-lawsuit-separation-agreement/561183001/

quote:

In its 2011 separation agreement with former football coach Houston Nutt, the University of Mississippi agreed to “direct” top officials for the school’s athletics foundation and university not to make any statements about Nutt’s tenure that could harm his reputation as a football coach.

USA TODAY Sports reviewed that language on Friday, which has been part of an agreement both sides have kept confidential since it was signed on Nov. 25, 2011. Nutt’s attorney, Thomas Mars, provided it to USA TODAY Sports after the school informed him earlier Friday it intended to make it public through the Mississippi Public Records Act.

The wording of Nutt’s non-disparagement clause has been central to the defamation lawsuit he filed last month against Ole Miss and its athletics foundation, alleging top school officials including former football coach Hugh Freeze and athletics director Ross Bjork concocted a misinformation campaign in 2016 to suggest the majority of the school’s NCAA violations occurred under Nutt’s watch.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Houston Nutt owns

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

i'm going to wear psu gear and try to find some good anti-bama stuff and i look forward to it

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Man, this is all sorts of embarrassing for Ole Miss. Next time, just kill the guy you mean to fire so he doesn't come back and drag his sack over your face for the world to see.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Randaconda posted:

Houston Nutt owns

This, but unironically :razorback:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What happened to Houston Nutt? He did a pretty good job at Arkansas, imploded at Ole Miss, and then fell off the planet. I guess Ole Miss slandering him didn't help, but he could have landed a mid-major jo if he wanted. What happened at Miss>

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
The irony of Houston Nutt getting someone fired by exposing embarrassing phone calls via a public records request is really something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What happened to Houston Nutt? He did a pretty good job at Arkansas, imploded at Ole Miss, and then fell off the planet. I guess Ole Miss slandering him didn't help, but he could have landed a mid-major jo if he wanted. What happened at Miss>

He sucks

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You gotta admit the Wild Hog was pretty fun for that year or so though.

e: Huh I'd forgotten he got fired right after McFadden left Arkansas. I thought he stayed on for another couple of years.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 12, 2017

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Mike Leach was on Pardon My Take and it was awesome. Somehow despite the fact that I am Mike Leach #1 Fan I did not know that Tech refused to pay him for the 09 season and then hid behind Texas' sovereign immunity bullshit so he can't even take them to court.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

I guess he's viewed as "past his best" to "toxic hire" at this point. From Wikipedia:

Nutt was the center of a major recruiting controversy in February 2010. After recruiting 37 players, the SEC was forced to enact the 'Houston Nutt Rule,' beginning August 1, 2010. The rule stated that "SEC teams will be limited to signing 28 football recruits, with the usual maximum of 25 allowed to enroll in the fall."

The Ole Miss Rebels finished 4–8 overall in the 2010 season, including 1–7 in the Southeastern Conference. Among the worst of these losses was to FCS-member Jacksonville State, which was Ole Miss' first loss to a lower division team since 1945.

Nutt set an Ole Miss coaching record with his 12th straight Southeastern Conference loss. On November 7, 2011, Nutt was fired by the University of Mississippi, but was allowed to coach through the end of the season. His final game was a 31–3 loss to Mississippi State in the annual Egg Bowl.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Didn't Nutt fake getting punched by one of players to get a flag thrown a couple years back?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/896379496709763073

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

You gotta admit the Wild Hog was pretty fun for that year or so though.

e: Huh I'd forgotten he got fired right after McFadden left Arkansas. I thought he stayed on for another couple of years.

He got fired a few days after rolling into baton rouge and beating #1 LSU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Already gone, what was it?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

two footballs flanking a trophy, as if it were a wiener

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

pillsburysoldier posted:

two footballs flanking a trophy, as if it were a wiener

Said trophy has a glans, as well.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Apple Watches aren't worth that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

He got ousted at Arkansas after a FOIA request of his phone records revealed he’d been giving a heapin heppin’ of that dick to a lady that wasn’t his wife. He was already in he hotseat as well because he pissed people off when he hired Gus Malzahn as OC so that he could recruit QB Mitch Mustain, the prize pig of Arkansas HS football. He tried to make Malzahn and Mustain fit into his run first offense, which didn’t work, and they both left the school. This made a lot of people mad and I think ended up tying in to the FOIA request in some way (I’m hazy on that).

At Ole Miss he took Ed Orgeron’s recruits and coached two good seasons out of them before completely imploding in the ways detailed above.

• Locked thread