Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

farraday posted:

Also apparently Trump is coming to DC for a press conference monday.

I hate Mondays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KickerOfMice posted:

It's gross how when any other human would answer "I don't know," or even a standard government "we'll look into it." Trump always flips the question like a mirror, verbally laying the responsibility of the answer on the questioner. It's still a non answer but, I wonder if that's intentional.

"I think you know the answer to that" "You'll see" etc.

it's another one of his bottom tier management skills, where deflecting when you don't have an opinion helps you to buy time or at least mask your indecision, but when applied to the POTUS makes you look like an unprepared clown

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Remember when they were floating Garland as a potential special council to investigate the Russian thing? It's just dumb bullshit, a blatant attempt at a power grab while appearing "bipartisan," it won't go anywhere

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
It's not just that it's a super dumb answer, there's the subtext that he just hates the people of america and enjoys the power of leaving people frightened.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/AliABCNews/status/896130177368903681

Keep fighting the Senate.

Also apparently Trump is coming to DC for a press conference monday.

Trump is gonna do a press conference? Like, taking questions? Gimme dat

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Somewhere in the Pentagon, a high-ranking general is calling his wife to tell her he has to work late tonight.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Every time he Tweets with an ellipsis, the CVS near the Pentagon sells 400 percent more Maalox.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

I mean, does it matter if he takes questions? Here's the answer to every question: random selection of "meandering, meaningless fart of a statement"/"impotent angry bloviating"/"insolent self-satisfied deflection"

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

empty whippet box posted:

Hes been doing press availabilities in NJ twice a day the last few days, thats where all these stupid quotes are coming from. Now he feels the need to go to DC for something more official looking.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/896133167928623104

Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Office Pig posted:

I hate Mondays.

Kale would like us to not engage in "identity politics", thanks for your compliance.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

farraday posted:

Hes been doing press availabilities in NJ twice a day the last few days, thats where all these stupid quotes are coming from. Now he feels the need to go to DC for something more official looking.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/896133167928623104

Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States.
Without a podium to stand behind, most of his body language looks like one of the inflatable weighted balloon punching bags when he doesn't remember to wave his arms.

https://youtu.be/aa361moLSJ8

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

In Which Trump Grows a Brain.

quote:

President Trump on Friday sought to calm frayed nerves over his war of words with North Korea, saying “hopefully it will all work out.”

Trump spoke after meeting with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, national security adviser H.R. McMaster and U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley at his New Jersey golf club.

The president said he wants a peaceful solution to the nuclear standoff with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

He said he would be speaking Friday night with Chinese President Xi Jinping to discuss the situation.

Oh thank god.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
guys what is going in, I thought trump was the pacifist and hillary the war hawk and now trump wants to wage war in several countries including loving venezuela??

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't think that conversation with the President of China is gonna go the way you think it's going to go

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I can see none of the chickenshit correspondents calling Trump on his "well, what do you think ?" shtick, until eventually the positive reinforcement he gets from it means that it will be his go-to response to 100% of questions from the pool

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Celexi posted:

guys what is going in, I thought trump was the pacifist and hillary the war hawk and now trump wants to wage war in several countries including loving venezuela??

No one knows because his brain is made of boogers and silly putty.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
I'm hoping for a friday news dump that gets Trump to hide away and not tweet for the next week, the world needs a holiday from this BS

Edit: an aneurysm would be nice too

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hollismason posted:

I don't think that conversation with the President of China is gonna go the way you think it's going to go
Get ready for Trump telling people all the interesting things that most people don't realize about Korea and how it was originally part of China or whatnot. He always likes to play show and tell with the last thing someone told him like he's a loving 5 year old.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Office Pig posted:

No one knows because his brain is made of boogers and silly putty.

I wish he would give that as his answer instead of "You'll see."

Kale
May 14, 2010

Neither does trump

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

He's like a firefighter who starts fires and puts them out to look heroic, except he doesn't really want put them out to and doesn't know how anyway.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Koalas March posted:

I don't doubt that all the yt (upper-)middle class redneck wannabes here will vote for his dumbass.

They voted for Donnie.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Celexi posted:

guys what is going in, I thought trump was the pacifist and hillary the war hawk and now trump wants to wage war in several countries including loving venezuela attention??

He sure does. All the time, it seems.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Kale posted:

Neither does trump
Maybe he's waiting for Putin to reply to his dm

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Have you not read the Mexico/Australia transcripts?!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
He is waiting to see how people respond to his war comments before deciding whether to go to war.

Do you want war?
1. Yes [ ]
2. No [ ]

Thank you for participating in this survey.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

n3wt posted:

It's not just that it's a super dumb answer, there's the subtext that he just hates the people of america and enjoys the power of leaving people frightened.

I don't have the inherent disgust/hatred for Trump that some people have had since the very start of his candidacy (I just thought he was gross/dumb) but the more I've been exposed to him the more I've come to believe he is a truly despicable person.

Like he's not just rich and spoiled and ignorant. I keep seeing more and more evidence that Trump is actively malevolent.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

"President Xi, you can't say that we'll handle this through diplomacy. My poll numbers!!!"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Not to get all 4d chess but Trump does disguise a lot of that malevolence as blunders.

quote:

I gave Trump the benefit of the doubt after his comment on Megyn Kelly about “blood coming out of her wherever” when he claimed he meant her nose. But later, a longtime Trump associate told me that Trump had practiced that line before he said it on CNN and that it was meant to evoke an image of Kelly as hormonal.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

They voted for Donnie.

Yep. Exactly.

Randbrick posted:

There is something you should see to in your own approach to things, and it's all within and on you.

That is not an insult. Only a fool would think himself so wise the world had nothing to teach him, and only a bigot would assume universally that other people are to blame for all of his patterned negative interactions arendt experiences.

Change and growth is life. A lot of people in this thread have shown you real patience and regard, and a lot of people have identified incisively what their issue is with you and why they have it. There's even some crossover between those groups.

Real talk Kale, I started doing this recently. I took a step back from everything and took a good hard examination of myself, my life and my problems. I basically retrained a poo poo ton of my thought patterns, am better at gaining new perspectives etc. It's hard work but worth it. Working on yourself is uncomfortable and scary but your life will genuinely be better for it. Mine is.

You are what's wrong with you.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ague Proof posted:

He is waiting to see how people respond to his war comments before deciding whether to go to war.

Do you want war?
1. Yes [ ]
2. No [ ]

Thank you for participating in this survey.

This except ignoring all the No answers until he finds a poll where "yes" is at least 45 percent.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
Lets fuckin bribe Kim Jong Un.
Then have him killed and replaced with a less nutso guy later. That's what we'd do in Venezuela.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

This except ignoring all the No answers until he finds a poll where "yes" is at least 45 percent.

"Jared, how were my ratings for the press conference? "

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Ague Proof posted:

Not to get all 4d chess but Trump does disguise a lot of that malevolence as blunders.
I don't know if it's 4d chess when my "everyone who knows him understands he is a loving racist" uncles use more advanced methods to claim one meaning behind their words while assuring the intended meaning still got through.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Trump: How were my approval ratings for nuclear war?
*Aids begin to slip him a thick news binder and Trump silently shakes his head, aids sigh, switch to the folder of Hannity screenshots and pictures of Trump giving a thumbs up*

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
I'm just looking forward to Trump telling people he was always against war with North Korea as the bombs drop.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

farraday posted:

I'm just looking forward to Trump telling people he was always against war with North Korea as the bombs drop.

Why aren't they calling Sean Hannity?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

Every time he Tweets with an ellipsis, the CVS near the Pentagon sells 400 percent more Maalox.

Today we declare war on..........

(15 minutes later)

.....high high prices. Buy Trump products today!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

James Mattis came up with mean nuclear policy. Many dead. Not fair to Korea! Why no diplo option, Jimmy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

NewMars posted:

To be honest, I don't even think a complete lack of military preparedness says anything about whether or not Trump is thinking of going to war because I don't think he knows you have to prepare.

That and he absolutely views every American as an acceptable loss, so of course he's not going to move them to safety.

• Locked thread