Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ayn Marx posted:

WTFosaurus maybe isn't the most sympathetic figure but why are we so obsessed with him again?

it's always a day for celebration when a sinner turns to the light of uncle derek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

lmao are they going to stream the same broken garbage build from last year at gamescom in a week

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ayn Marx posted:

WTFosaurus maybe isn't the most sympathetic figure but why are we so obsessed with him again?
We are just waiting for him to get a refund and join the flock. Sure he will still be a horrible person, but for chris sake we've let dr. smart in here anyone can seek redemption.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ayn Marx posted:

The Internet abhors a vacuum. Stupid poo poo like Reddit posts and streamer drama fill the void that would normally be filled by a functioning game.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Ayn Marx posted:

He's the zeitgeist of our time

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

SelenicMartian posted:

CIG is literally working on smoke and mirrors now.

This is immensely pleasing. Scam imitates illusion.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's pretty fascinating to watch. I am convinced that thanks in part to how much crap they show CIG will become a case study in how not to develop software. Chris Roberts will be a legend for all the wrong (right) reasons.

:same:

I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone involved in this poo poo-show at this point, be it a backer, a developer, a shill, or streamer. There has been every possible message relayed to indicate that this is a lost venture, that this is the effort of fools and madmen, the ignorant and the incorrigible. Yet the the messengers of reason and healthy doubt have been ignored or shouted down by those who have the most to gain from heeding caution.

Let the flames rise higher, let the smoke fill the sky and let all those who gaze upon it know that it's never been done before. It serves as a shibboleth of our times. You speak the words, "Star Citizen," and at once you know to which tribe someone belongs to. Especially if you ask, "how much are you in for?"

Let there be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Let there be blogs. Let there be refunds to those lucky enough to receive them at this stage of this developing wildfire of failure, and lifelong lessons to those who do not escape the burning of bank accounts.

But most of all, let there be a cavalcade of :justpost:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ayn Marx posted:

For that very reason. Everyone loves it when the karma truck comes to town.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Latin Pheonix posted:

I always feel bad for Bored Gamer, he's just lovably optimistic that I feel every disappointment weighs on him more and more heavily (especially since he suffers from depression). I hope that things work out for him. :shobon:

On the one hand I kind of like BG - he's an affable fellow, doesn't get involved in pointless internet drama (afaik) and, crucially, hasn't opted for the hyperactive screaming/faux edginess that make streamers/youtubers so insufferable as a species. Buttttt...it's hard not to think 'Oh come on guy!' when watching his videos. I don't think I've ever heard hims say anything even mildly critical at all, ever. He'll just rattle off the latest nonsense from CIG with a 'And this is great, as it'll allow them more time to refine the blah blah blahs'.

I didn't know that he has depression issues, hope it works out for him. He should find a better hobby.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Ayn Marx posted:

He was basically the last streamer who streamed star citizen the game regularly (not counting dreamz podcast).

Also he was incredibly easy to troll on stream.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

crobblers really trolled the poo poo out of that streamer, not only getting him for thousands of dollars in jpgs but also tens of thousands hours of playtime in a hilariously broken crysis mod

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Percelus posted:

crobblers really trolled the poo poo out of that streamer, not only getting him for thousands of dollars in jpgs but also tens of thousands hours of playtime in a hilariously broken crysis mod

He quit his job to do the streaming thing and I guess CIG pulled their support because he obliquely complained about it on stream during his rant.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Whoever is in charge of handling the streamers is doing a good job. They are able to prey on the weak and easily influenced streamer , ply them with a few free jpegs and in return they get all sorts positive advertisement

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MinorInconvenience posted:

That whole thing is so loving cute, adorable, badass and cool... I might just buy that loving game. Jeez. That's how you're supposed to create a loving game.

I can't wait 'til Chris watches that video and we'll get Sandi doing one of those live performances on citcon :laffo:

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Sappo569 posted:

Whoever is in charge of handling the streamers is doing a good job. They are able to prey on the weak and easily influenced streamer , ply them with a few free jpegs and in return they get all sorts positive advertisement

He said theres some people on the community team (related to his part) he absolutely hates. Didn't mention names.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

He quit his job to do the streaming thing and I guess CIG pulled their support because he obliquely complained about it on stream during his rant.

poor bastard. i hope it was a lovely job.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i really question wtfo though for being able to log an ungodly amount of hours in sc before coming to his senses, he clearly isn't the sharpest knife in the space drawer

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

He said theres some people on the community team (related to his part) he absolutely hates. Didn't mention names.

Gee I wonder who

The fat bearded sad sack

The less fat bearded hobo

The other guy that dresses like a poochy parody

So many to pick from

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ayn Marx posted:

On one of his streams the chat was talking about child discipline or something and wtfo said "yeah nowadays kids get sent out of the room. When I was a child, they had me kneel in a corner with bottle caps on the floor"

I remember he laughed retelling that but like two seconds later his face went to stone. Weird

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

I've wondered for a while now how these guys make money playing video games on the internet. I found this video which breaks it down. The guy said he has 200 viewers on a good day and streams approx 20 hours a week. I didn't realise you have to pay for twitch subscriptions?? (He mentions 5 dollars?). There's donations too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2zdda2xIac&t=695s

Either way it's pocket change.

BeigeJacket fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 12, 2017

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

BeigeJacket posted:

I've wondered for a while now how these guys make money playing video games on the internet. I found this video which breaks it down. The guy said he has 200 viewers on a good day and streams approx 20 hours a week. I didn't realise you have to pay for twitch subscriptions?? (He mentions 5 dollars?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2zdda2xIac&t=695s

Either way it's pocket change.

streamers get 2.50 of that 5, they get all donations I think. Ads would amount to pennies a day. In any case its not nearly enough to live on and he was being supported by someone for the years he was streaming.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Who do you think they'll roll out to make a damage control post on Spectrum tomorrow?

:laugh:

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
This is loving amazing. Reading reddit posts from broken people is one thing, seeing a real live human going through the Mount Gox moment of Star Citizen really brings it all home

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Seed of a hot summer dance mix right there.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

On one of his streams the chat was talking about child discipline or something and wtfo said "yeah nowadays kids get sent out of the room. When I was a child, they had me kneel in a corner with bottle caps on the floor"

I remember he laughed retelling that but like two seconds later his face went to stone. Weird

Holy poo poo what

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Love this guy, when he's not doing his sexual harassment stuff.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Foo Diddley posted:

My guess is that someone at CIG got real mad about this .gif:

So let me think. Who is driving the narrative here again?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Love this guy, when he's not doing his sexual harassment stuff.

She had him back on multiple times after that but yea still skeezy.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

She had him back on multiple times after that but yea still skeezy.

I seem to recall he was a pua back in the day? or like a man coach or what they call themselves

gotta admire his smooth moves right

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

gotta admire his smooth moves right

"Check this move out, I learned it from a PUA rape manual"

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

June/July is mid-year. Evocati will begin testing 3.0 before then.

TheAgent posted:

you ain't gonna get 3.0 until October and its going to be an absolute travesty
lol

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

quote:

After review, the directors felt that Crusader’s moons were still feeling a little underpopulated, so design has been working to provide more points of interests on the planet surface as well as aiming to try and include some additional mission types beyond the original number of proposed missions.

I think I may have found the problem. They should fire this "director" fellow (or fellows). The time to add in extra scope is not when you're 8 months behind, nor about 10 days from when you're supposed to be showing your product. Chris, please take my advice; this guy's gotta go.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
this makes me so happy

I'm off to drink mimosas with the gal I'm gonna marry

peace

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Natron posted:

I think I may have found the problem. They should fire this "director" fellow (or fellows). The time to add in extra scope is not when you're 8 months behind, nor about 10 days from when you're supposed to be showing your product. Chris, please take my advice; this guy's gotta go.

Chris isn't going anywhere its his company.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6t8s0w/what_all_has_been_cut_from_30/