Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Sometimes I have to wait 2-3 minutes for a game of Overwatch :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

doesn't a schedule basically write itself in this scenario? They've basically set themselves a "when it's done" timeline. I mean, the professionals doing the different jobs tell you how long it's going to take them to get done and you write them down and then tweak them a little bit if certain things need to get done before others. Why does it take CRoberts and ERoberts to get together in a room and "work out the schedule"?

What to actually show the backers without bankrupting the company.

Backers should hope that's the above explanation because the alternative is that its mid April 2017 and they genuinely don't know the schedule yet.

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 12, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

What to actually show the backers without bankrupting the company.

Backers should hope that's the above explanation because the alternative is that its mid April 2017 and they genuinely don't know the schedule yet.

The schedule's done when it's done, most games are in development for 5-10 years before developing even a rough design document

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
I expected a bigger showing from FYAD, what a disappointment. Is the thread that boring now? :negative:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

DarkRefreshment posted:

Oddly close to the current player count in Battlefront right now. Sadly, as a person who bought the $100 super deluxe gives-us-all-the-money pack, I just checked this by trying to queue for ANY 40 person match and could only find 7 others before I gave up and uninstalled. I feel grief.

How do you think I arrived at my conclusion... :negative: luckily I got the season pass included version for 85€ back then, but I was still wholly disappointed. From now on I have a rule for multiplayer games: "No Server browser? no :dice:!" I'll just buy it for :10bux: from the bargain bin about 3 months later.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Warhawk109 posted:

Battlefront 2 trailer leaked:

https://vimeo.com/212842535

Looks like it's going to have a cool single player campaign. Sure to be out before SQ42.

Hopefully they'll have another MP beta so I can get my jollies, appreciate the sound design and visuals and then not buy it ever.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

TheAgent posted:

maybe not buy it for the dying and dead platform of PC

I've never had an issue finding a match on Xbox. Though I eventually grew bored of the game, haven't touched it in a while. The only thing that excites me with BF2 is the SP campaign. Haven't had one of those in a Star Wars game outside of SWTOR (lol) in a while, especially one you can be the bad guys.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Tokamak posted:

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/851943332959756289

Working hard on the schedule for work.

How the gently caress does this studio function when the producers and executives are busy for months figuring out what needs to be scheduled for the next milestone. First Chris was in England working on 3.0, and now Erin is in America working on 3.0. The amount of money spent on plane flights alone for 3.0 scheduling is a joke.

But, but how can it be, Toast said right after new year´s:

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

okay which one of you set off /u/ellindar this morning?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
A warlord and a forum meet on the bank of a thread, and the warlord asks the forum to let him post in the thread.

The forum asks "how do I know that you won't doxx?"

The warlord says "because if I do, I'll be banned."

The forum is satisfied, and welcomes the warlord back into the thread. But mid-thread, the warlord drops a hot doxx. The forum feels the sting of Fremdscham for the childish warlord, and asks "why did you do that? Now you will be banned."

The warlord looks at the forum and says "I am a warlord. It is in my nature."

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

okay which one of you set off /u/ellindar this morning?

He was one of the ones brigading r/starcitizen_refunds yesterday. Lots of fun.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Little known fact, Sun Tzu received his training from Derek.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Enchanted Hat posted:

A warlord and a forum meet on the bank of a thread, and the warlord asks the forum to let him post in the thread.

The forum asks "how do I know that you won't doxx?"

The warlord says "because if I do, I'll be banned."

The forum is satisfied, and welcomes the warlord back into the thread. But mid-thread, the warlord drops a hot doxx. The forum feels the sting of Fremdscham for the childish warlord, and asks "why did you do that? Now you will be banned."

The warlord looks at the forum and says "I am a warlord. It is in my nature."

:golfclap:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
lol tomorrow I the last day of RSI. All that theorycrafting....gone

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
hmmm, is this up to CIG's lofty standards?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ayn Marx posted:

Hey can you be OP now please

It's too much work.

edit: I'm terribly tired.

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 12, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Little known fact, Sun Tzu received his training from Derek.

Derek's banning was foreseen. All is in accordance with the prophecy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

lol tomorrow I the last day of RSI. All that theorycrafting....gone

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Concept ships on fire off the shoulder of Stanton. I watched C-notes disappear in the dark near the LA Studio. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MedicineHut posted:

But, but how can it be, Toast said right after new year´s:

June/July is mid-year. Evocati will begin testing 3.0 before then.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Exinos posted:

I love that citizens are so hyped up that CIG is planning the 3.0 schedule now, completely ignoring that it was supposed to already be out over 3 months ago.

And the obvious fact that if it had been in active development then there would already be internal schedules and tracking that just needs to be corolated into the joke "code" and "ui" style graph CIG puts out.

For any citizen reading this thread, realize one of two things is true;
1) CIG has just now really started work on the Jesus patch after finally getting the 2.6 turd pushed out.
2) CIG is massively incompetent with no leadership, people spend months without oversight or set plans in hopes it will eventually work out.

After you have made your choice, get a refund.

P.S. it's really both, but you're supporting a dream and not the game so you've actually already gotten your money's worth. Heck, if anything you should pledge more.

They had to get all the numbers done before they moved on to 3.0. You should be glad that they were gracious enough to skip past 2.8, 2.9, and 2.9.2f gold edition. Usually that's incredibly disruptive to game development but CIG are pros.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Testing something called 3.0 or that has at least one feature specified in 3.0?

Either way you're wrong. Get a refund.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
They seem to be blaming Lando for some reason for closing the RSI Forums. As if spectrum etc isn't chris's downs syndrome baby.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

So how many months is "much earlier" than June?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They seem to be blaming Lando for some reason for closing the RSI Forums. As if spectrum etc isn't chris's downs syndrome baby.

Chris has made it blatantly clear that he has absolutely no experience whatsoever with how backers communicate with each other, inside the game or out.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

you ain't gonna get 3.0 until October and its going to be an absolute travesty

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chris has made it blatantly clear that he has absolutely no experience whatsoever with how backers communicate with each other, inside the game or out.

I don't think things like 0 experience or industry knowledge would ever get in the way of him making a decision though.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ManofManyAliases posted:

What? No.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheAgent posted:

So they ARE geting quicker and better at these things then.

:D

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I don't think things like 0 experience or industry knowledge would ever get in the way of him making a decision though.

Just like he made a decision about in-game chat.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The schedule is gonna say something like June just to get backers to shut up but no one will give a poo poo when they miss that by months and months no ones given a poo poo before. And like goldfish they'll forget everything when they miss June they'll say "this only the first delay, game development happens,"

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Toast my man!

No, no, you mentioned very very soon 3.0 evocati testing in early January. 4 months later and counting cant be very very soon. Even a poxy paralegal knows that.

e:

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 12, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just like he made a decision about in-game chat.

I think the idea for spectrum came from the whole ingame chat thing. It just grew into this monster over time.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Either 3.0 will hit with a ton of missing features or it'll be nearly unplayable. There's no way in less than six months we'll see a complete and as-originally-promised 3.0.

2.6.2/2.6.3 should basically tell you all you need to know about the stability and feature set of 3.0.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The schedule is gonna say something like June just to get backers to shut up but no one will give a poo poo when they miss that by months and months no ones given a poo poo before. And like goldfish they'll forget everything when they miss June they'll say "this only the first delay, game development happens,"

By July, they'll be saying the June date was a goon FUD creation, Chris Roberts (piss be upon him) never said any such thing.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

starkebn posted:

hmmm, is this up to CIG's lofty standards?

Depends on who they Archered it from.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So how many months is "much earlier" than June?

Give him a break Beer, calendar development is hard.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Would you say it's sooner now than ever before?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Every day brings us closer to Autumn of 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

TheAgent posted:

When CIG collapses in August, Toast will quote this in October as evidence that Agent wasn't credible.