Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

for the record: these youtube channels exist and they're really popular, cmon guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrlgiKERbiQ

:how:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

the amount of time y'all put into desperately trying to own each other in pointless arguments via implied facts you've learnt from posting histories is absolutely pathetic.

post some goddamn stories. like THIS poo poo:

quote:

A girl I [21M] was seeing [20F] has just had a child and my mum [50F] liked a selfie of her and her son on FB. My girlfriend [22F] saw and is now really upset.

Is my girlfriend of a year acting irrationally and is she being super dramatic or am I in the wrong for not understanding? Basically, this girl I was seeing like FIVE years ago has just recently had a child and has been posting this on Facebook a lot as one does. She happens to be my cousin's best friend, and neither me nor my mum are friends with her on FB anymore; I'm assuming my mum only saw the pictures because my auntie and cousin liked them.

My girlfriend went on this girl's page (idk why) and saw that my mum has been liking her pictures she's put up with her son even though she isn't friends with her. I've explained that she's only liked them because she's my cousin's good friend and when someone that young has a child news goes around, etc. It's not serious or a bad thing.

Well, girlfriend is now very worried and is assuming my mum likes this girl more than she likes her and wished I ended up with her instead. I don't even think my mum knows I was seeing her lol and I'm positive she only even liked the pictures because of my cousin and because she knows of her because she's her good friend. I mean I kind of understand why she's upset but I also think she's being really silly assuming my mum doesn't like her when she clearly does - she stays over at mine a lot so obviously my mum has to like her and I can just tell. She's also worried that me and my mum are now talking about this girl whenever she isn't here.

She says she doesn't like it because she feels like I have an attachment to this girl (I haven't even talked to her in like 5 years so I definitely don't plus I've only ever had one real gf and it's my current gf and I love her to bits so???). I don't know how to convince her that the like meant nothing. Hopefully if you guys agree with me I can show her this post and the comments and she may realise how insecure she sounds.

Please give me some outside opinions, Reddit.

TLDR: I was seeing this girl 5 years ago and she's recently had a baby and has been posting pictures of her child on FB. This girl is a good friend of my cousin. My mum has been liking this girl's pictures of her son because she knows her through my cousin even though she hasn't got her added on there. She can only see the pictures because my cousin and auntie are liking them too so they appear on the homepage. My gf is worried my mum likes this girl and wishes I ended up with her instead? Please help.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Saw this article about a possibly :spergin:, garbage tech bro and thought of you, thread.

:biotruths::biotruths::biotruths:
http://gizmodo.com/men-have-always-used-science-to-explain-why-theyre-bett-1797608461/amp
:biotruths::biotruths::biotruths:

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.

quote:

Im (23f) moving into my BF's (37m) of 1 year house. He has "skulls art" everywhere that I'd like him to tone back (especially the skull candles that melt "blood") but he says they are part of his style and I need to get used to it

hello everyone, part of the reason I love Kenneth is his creativity and individual style. He's a kid at heart and so am I so we get along great. I am having a hard time with roommates so Kenny offered fo let me move in with him, I gladly accepted.
I just asked that he tone back his skull collection. I would seriously bet that he has 10000 skull items in his house. Everything from bed sheets to coffee cups to his tooth brush all have images of skulls. To say his house needs a woman's touch is an understatement (and I'm just the girl to do it my particular style is pretty much Anthropologie). I talked to him about maybe slowly getting rid of the skull stuff and let me slowly redecorate. He said he'd think about it and then said no. I said at least As a good faith thing that he's sharing his space with me, can he at least pack up rhe skull candles that drip red wax (looks like blood) to his video game room. He said no, that the candles (of which he has about 50) make him happy and he can't imagine not seeing them around his house. He seemed to get really emotional about it so I let it drop.
I'm at a loss, any advice here?

Further down in the comments she says that he wears his JNCOs from time to time and she finds it cool.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

almightyerin posted:

Further down in the comments she says that he wears his JNCOs from time to time and she finds it cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBaSTmKW2Oo

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

quote:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Skull candles $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my relationship is dying

quote:

at least pack up the skull candles that drip red wax (looks like blood) to your video game room

quote:

no

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

almightyerin posted:

Dating in the year 40,000.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I don't know what's going on between me [20 M] and my counselor [45 F]Personal issues

quote:

OK so I've been seeing a counselor for 2 years. As time went on we've become very close. (You can read all about it in my previous thread if you look at my profile.)

She's been so confusing with me and I guess inappropriate. I don't know how to be with her anymore. I even text her in anger asking why she never texts me anymore despite promising to never abandon me. She even said it wouldn't matter when my life ends because i'd at least have her. This caused me a lot of anger and pain when my life actually did feel like it ended, because she wasn't there!

I sent her a text saying how I thought she said we were close and how she hadn't text me in months to even check how I am. I made it clear I was angry with her, and she went on spewing out a massive text about how counselling relationships work. I argued we weren't just counselling though and mentioned previous times we socialized or planned to meet up outside of the counseling office. (Such as when she asked me out for coffee last year, and when we skyped to plan her moms bday party for an hour and a half.)

She just gave me some bullshit response saying it was ALWAYS counselling and basically gas lighted me. Making out like it was all in my head and I was crazy. She then said she had to go, which i just took as her trying to think of something to say until we speak again.

Yesterday I checked my phone and read the texts from her. She put an x at the end and asked me how I was. Said I seemed angry in the texts and she explained her friend is critically ill in hospital, which is why she's been focused on other things. I don't even know how to respond to a text like that. It feels like it's been crafted to make me feel guilty.

tl;dr: My counselor treats me weird, then claims everything was just counseling.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

maskenfreiheit posted:

I don't know what's going on between me [20 M] and my counselor [45 F]Personal issues

/r/relationships: Can you believe this bitch of a counselor thinks I'm crazy?

This guy is going to wind up camped out in her bushes.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

/r/relationships: Can you believe this bitch of a counselor thinks I'm crazy?

This guy is going to wind up camped out in her bushes.

i mean, meeting with / contacting your patients outside of counseling is a pretty big no-no.

i don't even think the therapist i saw had my phone number - i got a call from the university counseling center once because she had to cancel a session.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

(37m)

He said no, that the candles (of which he has about 50) make him happy and he can't imagine not seeing them around his house. He seemed to get really emotional about it so I let it drop.

lmao

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The new What About Bob? remake has really taken a dark turn.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

maskenfreiheit posted:

jfc

quote:

She would say things like I was attractive, intelligent and articulate. I remember her calling me attractive many times, which felt good for me because I'd never been complimented by a woman before. Slowly but surely this was the beginning of what would become the most confusing and harmful part of my life. Texts became more frequent from my counselor. What originally started off as "hi, how are you doing? Will you be able to come visit me today for our session at 9am?" to general chatting over text with x's often exchanged. We also skyped a couple of times with webcams on during the summer, she was pretty attractive so I loved the face to face attention I got from her.

She would phrase her sentences quite awkwardly at times, which seemed to me like hints. An example would be instead of her saying: "so how are you in crowds?" she said: "so how would you be if I took you out to let's say London?". That quickly stood out to me as it's as if she was thinking in her head of taking me with her. I later found out London was her favorite city and she had parents that lived there.

It became clear that she wanted to go places with me outside of the counseling office, however I was uncertain if I had things figured out right or if I was just confused. Eventually she asked me if I'd like to go out for coffee with her during the summer holidays, to which i agreed. She said she'd pick me up from my house, drive me somewhere for coffee and then give me a lift home. The summer holidays came however she never text me arranging a date or time for coffee. I was very disappointed. Later on she began being more creative with her hints of attraction. Before the Christmas holidays she began talking to me about Christmas trees and the history behind them. The conversation felt rehearsed and she later switched the topic onto how much she loves Mistletoe and why people kiss under it. Later on she told me to watch some movies that she'd seen on the weekend. She told me to watch Her and gave me a hug before I left the session. The movie had some quite... sexual, romantic and generally raunchy scenes. The following session she then asked me if I wanted a relationship like out of the movie where an AI is there for my EVERY need. I laughed and said no, stating I'd want someone real to be with rather than an AI. She then told me to watch the Angry Birds Movie and told me there was a therapist in the movie that reminded her of herself. I watched the movie and noticed the Therapist character Matilda was in love with her anger management client Terence. This shocked me and I began to get ahead of myself thinking we'd begin dating and have amazing sex. I was so so wrong.

For two years our unhealthy relationship continued. We shared so much with each other despite the power dynamic being clearly unequal between us. She even trusted me enough to talk about her father passing away. I tried to talk to her and be there for her, but I'm not sure if I helped much. All i could do is be understanding and try to feel what she was feeling. I feel as though her coming to work after her dad passed away was her way of coping as it keeps her out of the house and focused on other things.

Well after two years of kisses in texts, car rides home, regular texting, skype calls and emotional connecting our little sessions were ending. It was our last session and she was quitting her job after I left. We talked about the sadness and depression of leaving and that we'd do the leaving process together. She told me when my life goes to poo poo it won't be so bad because I'd at least have her. I felt relief in the thought of keeping in contact with my therapist and was happy with the thought of spending time with her after therapy ends.

At the end of the session she suggested we sneak out past the other counselors in the counseling offices and go out for ice cream. I was over the moon and she told me to wait in the car park by a bench for her to come get me. It felt very naughty, fun and James Bondy to be sneaking past all the campus officers and other counselors on the college grounds. I then waited for her to show up, got into her car and we drove off. I didn't even know where we were going, but I loved her so much I didn't care about the place. We ended up going to the countryside for a walk through some fields and then went to get ice cream. She told me she was paying and that I'd pay next time. After that she took me back to college and left me there for the rest of the day. I was very disappointed because I'd given her a gift to express my love. She said she loved it and said it symbolizes love and relationships, yet never showed her affection towards me. Her face lit up when she unwrapped the gift though, so she obviously liked it. Confusing women!

Anyway it had been 44 days without contact with my counselor. I felt very empty, lonely and alone.

I remember a time during therapy where she asked me for a hug. (Every time we hugged apart from once was because she asked and not me.) Whilst hugging me she rubbed my back and said: "I will not abandon you and that's a promise." I felt so certain in her word I started to become comfortable with the thought she was going to stick around. (Naive I know.) I also told her how I feel as though my life is being destroyed by my anxiety disorder and that when my college course ends along with my counseling my life will end. She replied: "When your life ends it won't be so bad because you'll at least have me." I struggled to feel comfort when she said that. It felt like she was accepting my fate.

counselling is what daycare would be like if nobody ever screened for pedophiles

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 12, 2017

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Is that guy from somewhere where 'counselor' means 'therapist' or is he going to some unlicensed woman for help with his clearly deep-seated issues that possibly need actual medical attention?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's his campus counselor i.e. a licensed therapist.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

almightyerin posted:

Lol no wonder he can't date someone his own age

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I miss these "high school kids get grounded for being high schoolers" type stories

quote:

My (40s/F) mom (since I was born) caught me (15/M) trying to sneak out

u/plaqq

I am a little flu-y and sick today, so I told my mom I was going to bed at 10. At the same time, my best friend called and said her boyfriend dumped her, and asked me to go over. So I got ready to go and waited for my mom to leave the living room so I could sneak out. It's about 11pm.

Long story short, my mom was in the kitchen, where the back door is. She saw that I was dressed, my hair was done (cuz I have to take transit to my friend's house, I live in a metropolis) and I had my bag. She thought I was going to a party.

I told her what happened. She didn't believe me and asked to talk to my friend's parents. I denied her, obviously. I don't think this is the right time.

So she got mad and yelled, I also happen to be grounded these 2 weeks (another story), then I went to my room and she came in later to check on me and I was on my computer, Skyping my friend. My mom asked me what I was doing, she didn't seem that mad.

Is she mad??? What can I do to make it not awkward, and not sketchy if I do try to sneak out again??

tl;dr: mom caught me trying to sneak out to comfort my best friend at 11pm, yelled a bit, I went back to my room. What do I do to make it not awkward or not make her mad?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

almightyerin posted:

I used to play a game with Hugh, where I'd tell him to "close [his] eyes and put our [his] hands" and then I'd put something cool in it, or tasty, or sweet, or whatever. A hard-to-find regional candy, a sample of a rare metal, a fossil, etc. Something really neat that I'd found. He absolutely, absolutely hated this. He was terrified. Every time it would be something nice and good, but he dreaded this game. So one time, I asked him to do it, and he cringed but complied, and I handed him a human skull.

In my mind, this was a compassionate thing to do, because it justified his previously unjustified fear of the mystery game. also it was extremely funny.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

jfc

counselling is what daycare would be like if nobody ever screened for pedophiles

There's a reason there;s the thread titled 'Get therapy and don't gently caress your therapist'.

Funny thing about psychology, it tends to attract a lot of people with various levels of brokebrains hoping they can fix themselves.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

I used to play a game with Hugh, where I'd tell him to "close [his] eyes and put our [his] hands" and then I'd put something cool in it, or tasty, or sweet, or whatever. A hard-to-find regional candy, a sample of a rare metal, a fossil, etc. Something really neat that I'd found. He absolutely, absolutely hated this. He was terrified. Every time it would be something nice and good, but he dreaded this game. So one time, I asked him to do it, and he cringed but complied, and I handed him a human skull.

In my mind, this was a compassionate thing to do, because it justified his previously unjustified fear of the mystery game. also it was extremely funny.

:chloe:

Is your name Asenath? 'Cause I think Hugh then went back in time and inspired Lovecraft to write The Thing on the Doorstep.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

Post content or don't post

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

It's a dog's heart! Did you guess right?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

Post content or don't post

I'm more than posting it, I'm creating it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

I'm more than posting it, I'm creating it.

Not if you're not posting on r/relationships, you're not!

Please don't do this, nooooooo

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

ionships[new]

[22 F] Ex best friend [23] female wants to meet up to get "closure" after she set my boyfriend [21 M] up to look like he tried to have sex with her

u/yuteyuteyute

My ex- friend set my boyfriend up because she doesn't like the fact he's black and said I was "growing apart from her" because I would rebuff and refute the blatantly racist poo poo she said to me about him.

Example: "hey if you HAVE to date a black guy, I guess having a mulatto makes it half ok." after he asked me to be his girlfriend and I told her. She claims it was a joke. It wasn't

He called her out on her B.S. day one.He didn't speak to her besides pleasantries, and I made sure they were almost never in the house at the same time.

She got her cousin to text her phone saying he wanted to hook up with her and a bunch of other things. She changed her cousins name to my boyfriends cell phone number so it looked like it was his number that texted her.

I found out when me and my boyfriend were arguing about it that night and he snatched her phone out of her hands and called "his number" and his phone didn't ring, but her cousin picked up. .

She now wants contact for "closure". She said she wants to end things cordially, and give me the things I had forgotten when I moved out of the apartment a couple of weeks after she pulled that.

I kind of want to tell her off, but that's it. I don't think there's anything to close. I just want to let her know she's hosed up and backwards for having those views, and then trying to impress them upon me by trying to cause us break up.

My boyfriend doesn't care what I do in this situation. He said he'll support my decision either way as long as I'm not becoming friends with her again which won't be happening.

Is it worth it?

TL;DR ex best friend and roommate was racist and tried to break up me and my boyfriend by framing him to look like he cheated. I moved out and cut contact and she wants closure. I kind of just want to tell her she's hosed up, but Is it worth it to meet up with someone to tell them to gently caress off.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tbh I think it's good to give people closure, it also gives you closure. you don't have to wonder if you missed your chance to tell them to gently caress off, or to see if they're actually sorry. either way you can walk away feeling happily surprised or completely validated. mmm validation.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
How do I flirt with girls and date a bunch of them at the same time ? (self.dating)

quote:

I've never had a girlfriend and I want to become someone girls want and desire. I've looked into dating techniques on the internet like Pandora's box and tripps chick crack technique but I feel that they won't work and I feel that I'll be wasting nearly 200 dollars over useless crap. How do I seduce women and date multiple woman at the same time ? I don't mean to offend anybody over this but I really don't think having an affair with a lot of girls isn't morally wrong, for a simple fact is that it's in a mans nature to spread his seed as much as possible. That's why we get boners when we look at a girl sexually ! We are supposed to be naked in the first place, we aren't meant to have clothes so the erection is supposed to indicate to a women that we want to reproduce with her. The only time it wouldn't be justified is if you're married. It would be wrong because once you married the person that basically gave the key to their heart to you by saying vows but unfortunately society made us think that true love lasts forever and all this Cinderella bullshit. Now since our world is being controlled by governments/U.N we have to pay child support and buy baby clothes, food, etc and that keeps us guys from spreading our seed. Don't get me wrong I don't want to have a million kids or whatever, just stating a fact so I don't get slammed on this subreddit and possibly reported. If anybody can help, answer as you please.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

maskenfreiheit posted:

How do I flirt with girls and date a bunch of them at the same time ? (self.dating)

same

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

maskenfreiheit posted:

Now since our world is being controlled by governments/U.N we have to pay child support and buy baby clothes, food, etc and that keeps us guys from spreading our seed.

The United Nations called, did you mail the child support check this month?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

This is why it's a big issue that women are being forced into male roles. Because the primary purpose of women is to maintain the actual fabric of civilization. We're doing our best but now we're also supporting nearly half of married families as the breadwinner. wtf. so we have to be systadmins and homo-sapiens-tamers? fuckin gently caress off. jesus.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

pity reply

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
men: durr why can't i be constantly stimulating my penis and do nothing??

rest of civilization: because work needs to be done and there's no reason you, specifically, should be one of the people not doing it

men: duur!! < :mad: >

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

maskenfreiheit posted:

I'm the op's lifetime spanning virginity.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Dating a properly socialized man and raising properly socialized sons is it's own reward.

My teenage male cousins were more helpful on my trip to see family than any of the poorly socialized grown men and women surrounding them.

They're good boys, pock.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Please stick to the facts.

Pick posted:

men: durr why can't i be constantly stimulating my penis and do nothing??

the United Nations and. y'know, governments: because work needs to be done and there's no reason you, specifically, should be one of the people not doing it

men: duur!! < :mad: >

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hibbloes posted:

Please stick to the facts.

sorry. i forgot. the UN. the UN has a vendetta against your shiftless obsession with your dong*

*this would be more useful than what they actually do

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
and i support the UN. but that would own. finally, a codified institution to dismantle the world of the peepee and balls

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

maskenfreiheit posted:

This is probably a 15 year old Indian dude.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

new phone who dis posted:

This is probably a 15 year old Indian dude.

Or a 38 year old white guy. Whatev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

This is why it's a big issue that women are being forced into male roles. Because the primary purpose of women is to maintain the actual fabric of civilization. We're doing our best but now we're also supporting nearly half of married families as the breadwinner. wtf. so we have to be systadmins and homo-sapiens-tamers? fuckin gently caress off. jesus.

Well how else do you expect women to get practice running things for when you kill off the men? Think, Pick