Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Garrand posted:

We see tons of these cartoons with mushroom clouds coming from trumps and Kims heads but if they really wanted to get the metaphor right they should be exploding from the crotch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

A little bit of fact checking on Box Office Mojo and this movie premiered last weekend in four theaters. This weekend it's playing in only 180 theaters and has already recouped its 1 million dollar budget with little word of mouth.

:marc: IT'S A FLOP!!!!! :marc:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“Sir Tonk”" post="“475295800”"]
Looking forward to toons from Lester and McCoy about how the antifa in Charlottesville were extremely violent and oppressive.
[/quote]

This but frankly dreading Branch’s take.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This but frankly dreading Branch’s take.

Eh, now that Trump has issued the weak statement of "Both sides are bad" the usual suspects will probably make cartoons with "Why is the world so full of hate :qq:" in their headers. Don't get me wrong, I'd love (Hate) to see Garrison and Branco make cartoons about Brave Nazis standing up to antifa but they're most likely going to play that card instead.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Sir Tonk posted:

Looking forward to toons from Lester and McCoy about how the antifa in Charlottesville were extremely violent and oppressive.

Worst we'll probably get is some "Antifa and nazis are just as bad, cops are the real heroes"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Republicans posted:

Worst we'll probably get is some "Antifa and nazis are just as bad, cops are the real heroes"

BLM - "Kill the cracker cops!"
"Real American" Neo-Nazis - "Arrest Ni...Violent Thugs!"
Mainstream Media: "Those Nazis are so racist!!" :qq:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

the_steve posted:

BLM - "Kill the cracker cops!"
"Real American" Neo-Nazis - "Arrest Ni...Violent Thugs!"
Mainstream Media: "Those Nazis are so racist!!" :qq:

Somehow in my head this sounds like Branco's art style.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
1994:

FYI Adams supports Google in firing Damore because they have a brand to protect and Damore knew that going in.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Tenebrais posted:

Somehow in my head this sounds like Branco's art style.

Calling it right now, Branco's cartoon will be like this:

Two men standing, looking straight at the camera. The one on the right will be wearing a hoodie, have a handkerchief over his mouth, and be at the most very ambiguously tan - Branco thinks this will recuse him of accuasions of racism. He will be holding either a spiked bad, a molotov, or other traditional anarchist gear. He may also have a few stink lines on him, just for fun. He will be visibly very pleased and smug.

The man on the left will be dressed like a "normal, everyday american", will be white, and be carrying a confederate flag. He will have a black eye and other signs of being beaten up. He will either be frowning or giving the stink-eye to the man on the right.

A hand in the middle of the panel is holding a microphone up to the man on the right, and a speech bubble will be saying "Now, tell me again how these violent haters are ruining America!" The microphone will have either "CNN" or "MSM" on it.

If I get more than a few details wrong about this, I'll eat my hat.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gazpacho posted:

1994:

FYI Adams supports Google in firing Damore because they have a brand to protect and Damore knew that going in.

Holy poo poo, a slightly not awful take from Dilbro? Mark the calendar.

Garrison's cartoon will be about the poor Nazi getting his hat knocked off by the evil old man out to assault him.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

I wish America used "On Holiday" instead of "On Vacation".

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"Then again, 'At the bar' and 'Drinking' is my answer for every event that's occurred in my adult life."

David S Pumpkins need to get better control of his dancers.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

What does that even mean, recycled McCain caricature?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Gazpacho posted:

1994:

Half not terrible. Dilwad is still offering a Midol, 'cause you know how the women get when they're on their "lady times".

Mr. Bill
Jan 18, 2007
Bourgeoisie Pig
Also this strip is like 20 years old.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Mr. Bill posted:

Also this strip is like 20 years old.

Adams had some sort of breakdown and turned "crazy old man" overnight. He'd have never been as popular as he was if he was always like he is now.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
In 1994, Scott Adams still had a day job at Pacific Bell and that probably kept him grounded. Nowadays he's a multimillionaire who hasn't worked an office job in over two decades and he's become really detached.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Flavius Belisarius posted:

What does that even mean, recycled McCain caricature?

I though it was G.H.W. Bush.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The storyline about Charlottesville is going to be that the peaceful protesters were provoked by antifa.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Stiglich posted:

Man shot outside Target store in Northeast Philadelphia.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Manuel Calavera posted:

Holy poo poo, a slightly not awful take from Dilbro? Mark the calendar.

Dilbert was a not-terrible comic during the 90s and Scott Adams was kinda dumb but otherwise relatively sane then too.

Like a lot of people I think his brain got broken by 9/11 and he's been getting exponentially more deranged ever since. The five divorces he's been through didn't help either (not that I'm blaming any of the divorcees).

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Johnny Walker posted:

The storyline about Charlottesville is going to be that the peaceful protesters were provoked by antifa.

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/896449899549544448

This was after the attack.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Man I cannot wait to have a bunch of conservatives condemn "violence" and never mention racism. Maybe we'll get a crying Virginia. What's Virginia sad about? Oh that's not important, but times are just sort of unpleasant right now. Why can't we fix our rhetoric?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
:razorback:
For context, this is titled "Tom Cotton's Immigration Plan"

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

remind me what his stance was after two men died after having their throats cut by a white supremacist on the MAX train in Portland

after they stood up for two Muslim women he was verbally harassing, btw

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I thought Adams went full bonkers after he lost his voice and regained it by retraining his nervous system but attributed it to positive visualisation?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Scaramouche posted:

I thought Adams went full bonkers after he lost his voice and regained it by retraining his nervous system but attributed it to positive visualisation?

Naw, he was promoting his version of The Secret before that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Alhazred posted:

Voting for a rich, white, male republican isn't overthrowing the political system of the US, it's maintaining it.

Because libertarians aren't rich white male republicans?

Garrand posted:

We see tons of these cartoons with mushroom clouds coming from trumps and Kims heads but if they really wanted to get the metaphor right they should be exploding from the crotch.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

I guess it's a good thing I never said that voting for libertarians would be good then.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Well Ben gets to eat a dick made of scorpions, doesn't he?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That cartoon isn't new, but the sentiment is definitely vile and opposite of reality.

On the plus side: if he gets run over by a car, he'll have to accept that he had it coming.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

Eh, now that Trump has issued the weak statement of "Both sides are bad" the usual suspects will probably make cartoons with "Why is the world so full of hate :qq:" in their headers. Don't get me wrong, I'd love (Hate) to see Garrison and Branco make cartoons about Brave Nazis standing up to antifa but they're most likely going to play that card instead.

You're totally underestimating how terrible Garrison is.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Lurdiak posted:

You're totally underestimating how terrible Garrison is.

Yeah I see that now that he put out a cartoon for it. :negative:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

It is so tempting to publicly chew him out. But that's what he wants, argh.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah I see that now that he put out a cartoon for it. :negative:

Oh you're still underestimating him. I guarantee he's going to have a new cartoon tomorrow, instead of just tweeting out his old lovely one.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

duz posted:

Naw, he was promoting his version of The Secret before that.

since at least 1997 (when he wrote The Dilbert Future, which had an entire chapter about how Affirmations made him buy stock and then the stock went up!!!)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Keiya posted:

It is so tempting to publicly chew him out. But that's what he wants, argh.

I know the feel. I’m just wishing he gets cancer instead of screaming it into the void :sigh:

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

What the hell does this even mean?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

oobey posted:

What the hell does this even mean?
Google's in the stone age about gender relations maybe?

Either that or we're headed back to the stone age via nuclear war but Google will survive in cave painting form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Fulchrum posted:

About god damned time that someone points out that guns, bullets and missiles are shaped like cocks.

• Locked thread